If you could genetically modify your children to look like a humanoid fantasy race, would you? Which one?

If you could genetically modify your children to look like a humanoid fantasy race, would you? Which one?

what is wrong with that image

In a lot of PDFs, especially Paizo ones, the text and various images are in different layers and it doesn't translate to well into .jpg

Honest answer: white people
Fantasy answer: Genasi or Aasimar.
Troll answer: Sergal

What? No. That's dumb.

Elves will be certainly the most well-regarded and prestigious race, so it will be that. Good looking people are just better.

Half-orc so maybe he could get some fucking chores done. Think of all that yard work.

>children
no

Human.

Real talk though: genetic babies, i.e. "designer babies," are a good idea, or at least, a better idea than letting the gene pool get all kinds of fucked by uggos with cosmetic surgery reproducing, and then the children getting cosmetic surgery in their early 20s so they can be attractive as well.

Better to just do it genetically.

Half orc/elves

The strength, speed, and stature of an orc

With the beauty, intelect, and pointed ears of an elf

>tfw no orc/elf halfbreeds in most settings
>no art of them either

Would've went Kender for my troll answer.
The little bastard would probably be a neet drop out too.

Most facial ugliness comes from poor diet/nutrition and lack of exercise when developing and going through puberty

The real problem is getting rid of anyone who isnt white/asian/hispanic

Nigs, muzzies, and jews pls go extinct

I should probably justify this than just shit my immediate thoughts.

I say it's dumb, because we're given no context. So I'm assuming earth today. Which doesn't have fantasy races or widespread genetic manipulation to the point we can decide to look like orcs or whatever.
So you'd have this one weird kid growing up being obviously different down to his DNA. That shit is traumatic for a little kid and uncomfortable form then on.
That's why I say it's dumb.

On the other hand if this is in science future land where genemodding is available and choosing your child's appearance and genetic traits is accepted then sure I'll fucking go with it.
Filtering out genetic conditions and picking positive traits is a good idea, as mentions.
As for what species I would pick.. well, something fairly popular and practical. I'm guessing something fairly half elvish in appearance. So.. Orlando Bloom I'm guessing. It works for him at least.

Jews are white, goy

>I want my children to get ridiculed and/or feared by others to fufill some depraved fetishism

>semites
>white

Im not even /pol/ but you should know better

>implying I'm talking about the full blooded Juden
Theyre caucasoid regardless.

Yeah, I was assuming a world where this tech was cheap and widespread, so the kid's going to be growing up in a world where there's a lot of non-human standard people walking around anyway.

>so the kid's going to be growing up in a world where there's a lot of non-human standard people walking around anyway
So basically Transmetropolitan?

IIRC gene splicing was done later in life as a fashion or political statement. Obviously splicers would have spliced babies, but those were minority.

the baby might be too big to get out of the human female if you modify it much

Looking like an elf could only be an advantage.

Or a half-elf. Less pointy ears, all the supernatural beauty.

You'd still have to live with people being incredibly awkward around you.

Elves. Even if it's purely cosmetic, one of their important abilities IS purely cosmetic.

I mean, yeah, if elves in your setting are uncannny valley ugly or whatever, then sure I'll go w/ human. Otherwise, elf is where it's at.

Ditto, even moreso, if we go and include supernatural abilities. Unless you're in Tolkien's world, in which case human is flat-out better.

If i had a son i'd make him an elf so he can have his ways with the ladies.
If i had a daughter i'd make a tall and strong orc.

Awkward because they can't handle how good you are looking?

Pretty much, yeah. I mean, everyone's going to be paying attention to you because of your appearance. Good on the off chance the kid turns out to be a spoiled brat, but bad if you're just trying to live your life.

Like pic related?

>laws pass barring discrimination against the genetically modified
>not!tieflings and other crazies now have legal protection

Please let us get off Earth and have small crew spaceships before this future comes.

Alright, I guess. Have fun with your 100-year lifespan and living on a planet without an atmosphere.

I'm fine with the not!tieflings. It's the not!sergal I'm worried about.

I'll keep you posted

Short answer is that I don't have the right to decide that for them. That's basically the same as doing a sex change operation on an infant.

You realise OP only said appearance, right? Elf-morphs don't intrinsically get their extended lifespan just because they have pointy ears.

You kids have fun.

And he didn't say "fantasy races", he just said "genetically modified."

>would you?

Nah. I'd prefer it if my children actually looked like family.

Except he did?
>to look like a humanoid fantasy race
>fantasy race

Time to stop posting, user.

Would you modify yourself, then?

I was referring to the user who said "ban discrimination of the genetically modified.

No. I'm happy with who I am.
>but you could look like Orlando Bloom/Clint Eastwood/etc.

I'm good. Really.

That's a more interesting question. Does it work on adults? How good is the process? Are there any side-effects? What's stopping everyone from turning into inhumanely beautiful elves?

I'm him. What point are you angling for?

How about Transhuman Space, where the same shit happens?

THS has the best genetic templates in RPGs, plus rules to create them, so why not start there? Under GURPS, you can pretty easily switch from a fantasy template to a genetic modification template. I wouldn't go for a parahuman, first off. I want something that can still interbreed with humans and is upgraded but still fundamentally human.

THS also has proteus nanoviruses-- pills that release nanites that breed in the body, then re-write its genetics, and even can make a few after-the-fact physical changes. Plus the usual farm of biomods. So pretty much all of this can be done after the fact surgically.

> (OP)
>>to look like a humanoid fantasy race
>look like

You get appearance, that's it. I like elf ears and slender builds, so that's what I'm going for. The only fantasy race that gives a major cosmetic advantage is elves.

Get back to /pol/, fucktards. Grownups are having a conversation here.

Well, asuming the adage about you cycling all the cells in your body once every ten years is true, then it's theoretically possible, although it'd take a while. You'd probably be able to change stuff like skin pigmentation after the fact, but height would have to be decided early on in your development.

Well, you didn't say "fantasy races" you just said "genetically modified." With genetic modification, we could theoretically do things like improve longevity, eyesight, strength etc.

Maybe, if it gave me an extended lifespan. If it's just pointy ears or green skin, I'm not especially interested.

>What's stopping everyone from turning into inhumanely beautiful elves?
The fact that you'd be stuck in permanent ottermode. Just look at that fucking DYEL.

Now I'm wondering if advanced space elves always looked like that or if they used to look like shit.

This is genetic modifications we're talking about.
We could do muscle elves.

I wanna be an orc so I can be profiled and sexually harassed by elves.

Well, the whole problem with the "perfect beauty" is that there's a limited number of possible facial types. So you'd be walking around with the distinct impression that everyone you see looks like you or your sister.

>turning yourself into a male elf
this is your first mistake

Interesting. Would you be willing to put up with your parent's weird fetish shit if it meant incredible strength and beauty?

Amazon
>That's not a race
It is now

>male elf
Nice contradiction faggot.

There is nothing wrong with this, the bitches will love it.

but the face is still feminine
>give and elf a square jaw and other masculine features instead
but isn't it then just a human with pointed ears? Elves need their own beauty standards.

>changing how you look physically in order to appeal more to women

that's pretty shallow dude. Look how you want to look, not how you think others want you to look
within certain standards of course. Neckbeards and fat rolls will never be in style.

Elf obviously. Other than the pointy ears they're pretty much übermenschen. Literally superior in every possible way.

On top of that, they'd be incredibly cute as children. Too bad my children would still be in diapers by the time I die.

Did you forget what this thread is about? Tell that the OP, not me.

OP is only saying you can change how your children look. There is no clause in there concerning the motivation behind changing those looks.
You introduced your own motivation in , "the bitches will love it"

I have not been refuted at this time. remains true.

> The strength, speed, and stature of an orc
> With the beauty, intelect, and pointed ears of an elf
I really like this idea

DRAGON

You know, before this site shat into everyones brain the meme about the gay elf faggot, male elves pretty much had the noble, aristocratic look going on.

To me, that's the default origin story.

1) Fantasy setting. An ancient human kingdom rises, with incredible (and now long-lost) magical powers. Naturally, the ruling class has the money to buy +'s to everything and to look inhumanly beautiful, and to have this baked into their lineages. Plus magical potential, immortality, and a dozen other powers.

Later, the empire collapses and most of the early generations are killed. Now most elves either don't know or won't admit that they're related to the descendants of the inferior peasants who cleaned their ancestors' toilets. Naturally they retain lore long since lost to everyone else and act like douchebags.

I had a variation of this in a setting where what looks like Half-Elves were really the original race, and all other races (including humans) were magically created as servants to serve particular purposes for the Empire. In that setting, Elves were the artists, courtesans, and whores. They're also the only former slave race that mourns the fall of that empire.

2) Sci Fi: Again, why not just buy everything? Get improvements to mental, social, and physical capabilities. A long list of immunities, Longevity. Extra good looks. Etc. Psi powers, where available.

So either space elves are artificially created as a super-race (I'm looking at you, 40k) or they started as humans and created themselves. Either way, the reason you don't see much gene-tech from space elves is that they're already optimized. There just isn't any headroom for further genetic overclocking.

U N F
N
F

Again, it's only the appearance of an elf.

I don't see any beauty here, just elves suffering again under you fetishists.

There is nothing wrong with waning to look good to the other sex. Do you think attracting a mate is only about character? Especially when you just want to hook-up? That would be cute.

The only acceptable answer.

Nah. Personality is a meme. Looks mean genetics, and producing offsprings is all about passing on the best genetics possible. Plato has it right.

All the same, it's entirely possible to be attractive without conforming to someone else's view of "attractive," which is honestly preferable. I don't know about you, but I'd rather look like other actors than young leo dicaprio

In GURPS, this is buying your increased Appearance with the limitation Off the Shelf Good Looks. You're pretty, but pretty in a way that's cliche and therefore not as distinctive and it doesn't have as much impact on someone who's seen the template before.

In Tolkien, elves are magnificently beautiful but not androgynous.

In most subsequent, elves are lithe and androgynous. I think that's ok because it's A) pretty, and B) leaves room for humans to be beautiful as well without looking like elf wannabes. To me, elves produce the lithe hotties you see in victoria's secret catalogs, but beauties like Denise Richards and Kim Kardashian and Christina Hendricks are hot in a way that only humans can be.

I know elves in japanese fiction look different, but meh. I prefer that humans have room to be hot in a distinctively humanly way. Elves are mostly hot the same way, which is a little more generic but also means there's a limit to how ugly they can be. If you want physical variety in your harem, then more than say two elves won't be necessary.

Where'd he get the axes from?

He axed for them.

>Looks mean genetics, and producing offsprings is all about passing on the best genetics possible
The moment we can genetically engineer ourselves like OP established, this game becomes rigged and doesn't work anymore.

>it's entirely possible to be attractive without conforming to someone else's view of "attractive," which is honestly preferable
And really hard to pull off. Good luck waiting for this mystical attractiveness to kick in at some point, it probably won't help you if you run around greasy and with a cum-stained shirt.

That pun was unaxeptable.

Shakespeare made bawdy puns about "with awl" so I'm in good company.

You'd need genetic modification anyway if you wanted to live in space. Astronauts get all kinds of health problems if they stay up too long.

>Sergal
>Kender
I'd do something even worse.
A manlet.

>Jews
>White
Schlomo, we have to talk about those walls you have around israel.

And your islamophobia.

Chakat

Burn it. Burn it all.

It really is time to enable this on full production scale to save humanity. There is absolutely no reason to give birth to inferior specimen. Once you can optimize and select for genes artificially we can mass-produce the next generation of humans which will leave the old one in the dust as they attain the perfect utopian society.

I know, "ethics" or "morals", but it doesn't really matter once humans are produced artificially. Sure, you can have your inferior babies if you really want to, but that child will grow up in a tough world, having mostly superhumans to compare themselves with.

Intelligence, kindness, athleticism and longevity. Let's make a bright future.

>Adhering to family tradition.

Do cyborgs count as a fantasy race? Cause I'd like my kids to have a lowered immune response to implants and transplants.
While we're at it, let's also lower the predisposition to cancer. Cause fuck cancer.

Half-Giant

>The moment we can genetically engineer ourselves like OP established, this game becomes rigged and doesn't work anymore.

Currently, the game isn't even on. Everyone gets to have sex, and thus the gene pool is completely stagnant. We select for nothing, we just expand.

>Not the stength, speed and stature of an elf with the beauty, intellect, and pointed ears of an orc

>not an orc