"The Mirari was an artifact of unspeakable power that appeared on Otaria roughly a century after the Phyrexian Invasion...

>"The Mirari was an artifact of unspeakable power that appeared on Otaria roughly a century after the Phyrexian Invasion. The word “mirari” was an ancient word for a fantastic wish-granting artifact and the Mirari certainly matched that description, tapping into its wielder's desires and making them real."

>"After Memnarch's defeat, Karn returned to his plane and melted down Memnarch to his core, revealing the Mirari underneath. It was then left in Argentum in the care of Glissa, Slobad and Geth."

>The Phyrexians have The Mirari

This is gonna end terribly, isn't it?

No, because Wizards has likely forgotten it already.

Eh, you forgot to mention it the whole downside being pretty much fuckery of all sorts, and that Karn created it as a probe. Maybe they could use it, maybe it just causes infighting among the factions even more.

I always assumed that the Mirari was an lone relic of the true Phyrexia, which was only unspeakably powerful in comparison to the post-devestation backwater that was the Odessy block. I also assumed it was the source of the oil in New Phyrexia, thus giving them even a hint of a claim to the name Phyrexia.... because the oil came from a relic of the original Phyrexia.

Was I wrong. I honestly stoped following the plot after invasion block.

Lore is the worst part of MTG.

The Mirari was just one of Karn's roughly-infinite-billion plane-probes meant to scout out the multiverse for him. The one on Dominaria happened to be flawed and leaking power slightly. It just so happens that the artifact of a quite powerful planeswalker leaking a little bit is an amount of power completely indistinguishable from magical wish bullshit.

assuming this does not happen:yeah, the phyrexians have a relic made by an old walker, which could end by them blowing the entire plane up trying to use it or becoming able to open portals to wherever

I'm kind of hoping that planar shenanigans somehow result in Memnarch being reconstituted from information stored inside the Mirrari.

We got Glissa as an evil phyrexian elf in New Phyrexia, and I'd like for Memnarch to do a heel-face turn for the Mirran resistance just for the pleasing symmetry of it.

>Wizards has Dack Fayden steal it

"Hey guys lol problem solved, back to JACETICE LEAGUE"

I remember when planeswalkers were an interesting take on notGods instead of color-coded brand-protagonists.

... So you take a lot of drugs, then eh?

see user, that would actually be a good idea, something MTG lore has yet to do

Honestly, Norn getting ahold of it might be the best case since it has a bad habit of ruining those who use it.

Well, there's always fan-art and fan-made sets.

Had some ideas jotted down myself, but I'm probably not going to do much with them:

A Mirran assault (led by Koth) on a Phyrexian laboratory ends with the the destruction of a prototype-portal, a decent-sized explosion, and a few artifacts now in Mirran hands, including Mirari.
Koth planeswalks to escape the explosion and ends up on Dominaria with the Mirari in hand.
Some planar fuckery causes the the Mirari to gather metal from all around and become a non-corrupted version of Memnarch.
Now, the people Dominaria still remember the phyrexian invasion. They will not allow New-Phyrexia to expand unchecked.
Memnarch ends up in charge of organizing a preemptive strike.
So now not only are Memnarch and Glissa reversed as protagonist and antagonist, but now the Dominarians are the ones mounting an invasion and the Phyrexians are the ones on the defensive.

>tapping into its wielder's desires and making them real

Aizen is from Otaria

That is so fucking retarded.

In a lot of ways, new walkers have more color depth to them than the old walkers. Old walkers had much more of a single color track while having them as cards forces a degree of color splash for no reason other than selling cards.

Right. Hence why I'm probably not going to do anything with it.

It would be a not too unlikely excuse for them to get Phyrexians off-plane.

You spelled "amazing" wrong.

I always got the feeling, at-least before they started making planeswalkers the player-stand-in, that while a planeswalker might resonate with one color or another more strongly, they weren't bound to it like mere wizards. I remember something about that in the ice-age trilogy, where because magic is fueled by memories and the land, but because the land inevitably changes, any immortal entity eventually becomes five color. There was this great speech where Jodah called this white wizard a hack for not understanding the nature of her power.