What's a good RPG system to use for a Mad Max style campaign...

What's a good RPG system to use for a Mad Max style campaign? I'm especially looking for something with good/interesting vehicle combat rules.

I'd prefer something a bit easier to use than GURPS.

Other urls found in this thread:

soogagames.blogspot.ca/2015/09/oddpocalypse.html
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/40083348/#40083348
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

if you want to replicate the highly cinematic nature of mad max combat, go for atomic highway v6

its also free

I'll have a look at it, thanks.

>I'd prefer something a bit easier than GURPS.

But GURPS *is* easy. Stare at the appropriate number for whatever you're doing (skill level, attribute value, parry, dodge, block), roll 3d6, is the value less than or equal to that number? Who gets Initiative? Compare base speed values, no rolling needed. Congratulations, you've learned all of what GURPS basically has to offer, other than combat maneuvers, which only adds as much more as you want in your game.

Horizon Redline is one of my favorites.

Gurpsfag, stahp. You're spouting the kind of nonsense that every fanboy does about their favorite beloved system. "It's so easy, just do this one thing!" they all say. The fact is, the totality of GURPS, including character creation, options, all the books and the relationships between hundreds of little sub-rules and subsystems, is complex and complicated as fuck, regardless of how simple the "core mechanic" of it may be.

user, you're not supposed to use all the rules. Stop looking at the rules for living on a different gravity than Earth's and growing vegetables when you're running Mad Max, it's pointless.
Also the After the End books have appropriate templates for Mad Max, you don't even have the "chargen is too complex" excuse anymore.

>user, you're not supposed to use all the rules.
But then why *G is such dumpster diving for rules? All they say "Cuz she is universal, wtf maaan!", but then why i should work at least with half dozen of books and even then there is no guarantees that these books will help me to make game as i expected.

Redline is great. Combine that with Dark Future and life is good.

Redline is cool, but the vehicles are way too Shadowrun to be Mad Max.

I second this. Very easy rules, cinematic gameplay, cool cars. This is how I Mad Max roleplay.

I faintly remember that Veeky Forums tried homebrewing a system together, sadly as always it never made it past the first few threads.

Use Into The Odd using this reskin.
soogagames.blogspot.ca/2015/09/oddpocalypse.html

Is apocalypse world a good setting?

Gorkamorka.

Of course it didn't
Gorkamorka is a RPG?

It doesn't really have an actual setting beyond "an apocalypse happened, also there's some kinda psychic malstrome thingy" PbtA games tend to just have really bare bones setting suggestions in the book, with the idea being that durring the first session your group fills in the blanks as they make their characters

"Veeky Forums" never gets anything done.

A single dominating presence who can command a thread full of neckbears into playtesting and rules-tweaking for him gets things done, provided that he's willing to do all the work of layout and shilling.

Without a single dominating presence, the concept collapses under the weight of conflicting "one true vision" proponents, someone hijacks or forks the development to go the way they want it to go, and the people who really just want to see it completed find that after the initial excitement of the first thread wears off, nobody wants to do any heavy lifting.

Atomic Highway is OP's best choice.

Apocalypse world doesn't really have a setting, other than something fucked up the world while at the same time making a psychic collective unconscious you can look into and ask questions, like a less demony Warp. Most of the setting is determined by the GM and players while running the game.

If you mean system instead of setting, I'm hoping to find out when I play with my buddies this weekend

Shame there was some decidedly not bad ideas behind it.

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/40083348/#40083348

Savage Worlds?

>Apocalypse world doesn't really have a setting

That's what I hate most about both AW and DW: no fucking setting. Gamebooks with nothing but rules are boring as shit to read.

>A single dominating presence who can command a thread full of neckbears into playtesting and rules-tweaking for him gets things done, provided that he's willing to do all the work of layout and shilling.

No shit. "Veeky Forums gets shit done" started because there were a bunch of those neckbeards who wanted to git shit done so got shit done, the same way things like "X is good at war" gets started. It probably only fizzled out because those neckbeards left or otherwise moved on to other stuff then a bunch of people more attached to the meme then actually getting shit done tried to just magically accomplish stuff without hard work.

No setting is fine, especially when you are doing something as culturally well-known as post-apocalypse

You're not supposed to use all the rules, you pick and choose what you want included in your game.

>character creation is complex and compicated as fuck
Do you not understand how the point system works? You, or your GM, chooses how many points your character has to spend on attribute point raises, skills, and your choice of advantages/disadvantages (with probably a smart limit on how many disadvantages any player can have). Then you think up your character, and go buy them whatever you think they'd have based on how many points you're allotted. If you're having trouble thinking up an archetype, there's templates (example character builds) to help.

I know when you get to the dis/advantages and skills pages, the game seems ridiculous, but that's kinda what happens when you cater to all genres.

GURPS being overly complicated is just a meme.

>Shame there was some decidedly not bad ideas behind it.
See, right now, you could be expending effort on making this into a fun, playable, and awesome game. Instead you're just reminiscing and hoping that someone else will do the work of making the game for you to enjoy.

If you really want it, make it.

I'm actually not that invested until I want to run a relevant game, I've got three campaigns running around my head right now and all require system modification.

When I want to Kill/Drive/Survive I'll call you back.

naaaw, easier to bitch 'n moan. Sadly, that's what they've taught kids to do these days. And they've convinced the poor kids that they are doing something 'effective'; so they don't actually do anything constructive.
The powers that be have really screwed over the millenials.
Although, to be fair, the whole 1% thing COULD have amounted to something if the rest of the population had bothered to wake up. But the kids were left alone out in the cold, and eventually had to give up. Powers that be outlasted them, and laughed.

I would also suggest Savage Worlds. Just started GMing it. It's pretty enjoyable and moves fast.

Well that was a bit of a non sequitur or at least quite the unexpected escalation of discussion topic.

If you like sex based super powers, sure.

TMNT Road Hogs/Ninjas&Superspies

>le GURPS is hard meme
Roll 3d6. Check the outcome. Substract value from 0 to 10.
Congrats, you know now all there is to be known about GURPS.

>He doesn't understand how to use GURPS
Yeah, we've noticed
Ask GURPSfriends from GURPS general instead of repeating dead horse meme

Did you know that D&D literally requires you to show up in costume

It's true, I heard it in a webcomic.

Not at all - anons upthread were complaining that Veeky Forums don't get shit done any more - merely a continuation of that discussion
tl;dr - read the thread

Yes but turning that into a lamentation about the character and upbringing of millennials is still quite the leap.