Previous Thread: >Pastebin:
pastebin.com/7sSgGVPH
mediafire.com/download/n7htcqyqk0y0acy/[WtF]The_Pack.PDF
mediafire.com/download/a1kpjrm41yzozkq/V20_Ghouls_&_Revenants.pdf

>Latest News
theonyxpath.com/v20-summer-bundle/

Promethean 2e is out
>richfags
drivethrurpg.com/product/189395/Promethean-the-Created-2nd-Edition?manufacturers_id=4261&language=en&affiliate_id=498510
>poorfags
sendspace.com/file/jwiihm

>Mage 2e Errata
drive.google.com/file/d/0BxveHUKxwBU9UUZ4UjZJdEhIM2c/view?usp=sharing

>Demon
mega.nz/#F!3ElwBRpK!pC3J0VfZr2wnUSCuRcDj_w

This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/jumping-to-mars-monday-meeting-notes/

>Question
Tell me about the best game you ever played.

Other urls found in this thread:

whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Alliance:_Vancouver
youtube.com/watch?v=73cYTlul9vM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>best game you ever played
There were werewolves. It was gay.

did they died

Re-posting in this thread in case the guy I'm responding to heads here first.
If you mean "do they have trouble adjusting to time zone differences", not really(probably)
They automatically feel tired as fuck when the Sun starts to rise, and staying up past that point is generally very difficult.
Your friend is probably fine, unless the sun is about to come up anyways.

Was just the one gay werewolf.

Unless you go by the fan-canon.

But you know how fans are, everyone is gay until proven otherwise. Then they are bisexual.

And do you play as those, user?

Thanks user. That makes sense, we will roll with that!

Also what about if they go up into space?

Never in our hearts.

One gay werewolf, one gay coyote, one bisexual bird, and possibly a lesbian weaboo.

>Also what about if they go up into space?

Is this MUD open? I'd be interested in checkin it out despite your concerns.

There was hope for lesbo wolf too.

Dogs are just pretty gay.

What?

Whoops.

meant for

THAT JUST RAISES MORE QUESTIONS!

He's saying that Changing Breeds can have Paradox-free Awakened magic because ephemera and Pangeans can, but the difference is that Changing Breeds were meant for players and Pangeans decidedly aren't.

You know, that's an interesting question.

I'd say that if they are beyond the moon then the sun doesn't hurt them and only the light of the sun has any real affect on them and not star light

I have an idea for a WoD Hunter Conspiracy but I dont know how to write PDFs to show you guys, unless you want me to just copy/paste what I already have.

Write it in google docs.
Save as PDF.
Or print as PDF.

job's done.

k cheers

yes we play as ephemera often

there is precedent for it, is what i'm pointing out
and it's not just getting supernal magic (it repeats that over and over) it's getting a specific rote of 1-3 dots
since mage rotes are just examples of magic things (speak with dead, fireball) acting like it's some broken mechanic is overreacting

>Changing Breeds can have Paradox-free Awakened magic
>These spells
are not Supernal magic as mages practice it.

I'm gonna go live in the Abyss, because you're all fags

See ya, wouldn't want to be ya

So close.

How different is Chronicles from nWoD? I'm gonna be using my friends Chronicles book and I was wondering if it's similar enough to nWoD that I won't have to read the entire book and relearn a system I'm already comfortable with.

Main changes are in combat and XP.

Can I use my Changeling the Lost and Geist books with it? Or do I have to buy the new ones?

Neither of those gamelines is up to 2e yet. Realistically however, you "can" just run 1e with the god machine rules update as it's some pretty minor rules changes. (Athletics gets added to defense, there's new systems for both physical chases and social maneuvering sorta stuff) and some other stuff.

Sweet shit

Am I crazy in thinking there is a Vancouver Splat book for VtM?

I remember seeing it but can't seem to find it

Montral had one?

whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Alliance:_Vancouver

It was awful

>best game you have ever played.

I'm always the ST, not by choice, but because no one else will run the game.

Do you have Friday's or Tuesday's free? I'll run a game for you online

>Thai Cuisine
Man, they are really going all out this playthrough.

Lads, I just went on drivethrurpg, and VtR second ed isn't available for order

Anybody know what's going on? >.>

> It will be back soon! We're making some technical adjustments to the print version. (Nothing that changes the visuals or text, though.)

Anons, could I get opinions on something that happened?

So, to set the scene, I was running a game of Hunter the Vigil. Made it clear at the start of the game that it's got a little more of a cosmic horror "humans don't always win" vibe than the vanilla, and everyone seemed cool with it. Scenario is we're playing as a VASCU "black ops cell"; tier 1/2 hunters captured by VASCU and offered the chance to get out of jail by working for VASCU to provide extra-legal muscle. They're hunting down a nomadic Slasher, and to try and get a lead on them, they end up going to a "dark city" - a place where the local supernaturals have managed to organize across the racial divide, so there's no hunter presence. Lot of social and investigative efforts later. they've managed to score themselves access under flag of truce to the local powwow - think Elysium, only it's got all the movers & shakers from all the major races present.

There's this one player; let's call him Chuckles. His character is a member of the Long Night, a real fire & brimstone "smite the demons in the name of the lord!" type. He's been fairly quiet in the game so far, just a little twitchy.

Until we get to Elysium, that is. Then, all of a sudden, he pulls out a concealed firearm and starts brandishing it wildly, ranting about purifying them all in fire. Before he can actually shoot someone, the city's vampire prince - a BP 5 Daeva with Celerity 5 - promptly zips in front of him and blasts him point blank with a sawn-off shotgun. One poor roll later, Chuckles is on the ground bleeding out, and the prince promptly empties another blast into his head, whilst the rest of the party try to do damage control.

Am I a dick for having this happen?

He was a Hunter who pulled a gun in Elysium. I would say it was justified.

Has anyone shared either Mummy Curse of the Blue Nile or Tales of Dark Eras?

Thanks.

Curse of the Blue Nile is awesome and, like, $5. Mummy could use your help.

Talk shit, get hit.

It's a wonder they keep reproducing.

There an ETA on Secrets of the Covenants yet?

Never. It and A Thousand Years of Night will never be finished. CofD will roll around to 3rd Edition before Requiem gets another supplement.

Bitter much?

It's OPP, mate.

Asking about release dates is fruitless because you're either going to hear "never," "when it's done," or "[laughing asshole.jpg] >2040"

Naw man, CofD releases move at a steady rate. Now Exalted on the other hand...

>CofD releases move at a steady rate
>haven't seen a Vampire book for 3 gamelines now

Ok buddy whatever you say.

Quite a bit, yes.

CofD encompasses more than just Requiem dude. Mind you, I actually agree that Forsaken and Awakening getting their first supplements before Requiem is more than a little annoying.

I think Requiem might get their first before Awakening does.

Yantras cap at +5 each.
Could one use Prime to break that limit with a Yantra-buff spell and a Reach?

You can with a lot of other stuff.

Oh, and could one just create a Yantra with Prime?

I mean, to say "I charge the surroundings with magical energies", via a Prime spell, and then use that as Yantra?

Any final modifiers cap at -5 or +5.

Yes yes, but those are the final modifiers. What I'm talking about is intermediate steps.

Mhmm. As far as I'm aware, the same deal sorta applies but of course it's at the STs call. You might be able to use prime to buff a yantra from 3-4 or 4-5 but not from 5-6.

Not so sure, we have this ruling from the very book.
And we have spells that buff Yantras.

>the "trait maximum" for an equipment bonus is ALWAYS +5
??? seems very clear

And that paragraph talks about raising stuff above it.

We have spells that grant the 8-again and 9-again qualities to yantra, which does nothing more than render an Exceptional success a bit more likely.

Which is drastically different to granting additional dice.

Sure, but that just shows that one CAN buff Yantras, and we have practices and stuff for buffing dice pools.

Just because something isn't explicitly written out, it doesn't mean it isn't there.

No, however its ommission, in the Arcanum of Magic itself, is rather telling.
You know what, that's worth asking Dave about next time he swings by.

I'd think he would say no though. Not being able to enhance a Mundra beyond +5, regardless of your actual skill would suggest they desperately don't want Yantras to get out of hand with enhancement.

9-agains and 8-agains are a nice simple way to ensure that you can still "buff" your Yantras, but not in a way which actually makes you more likely to succeed at the test... Well, unless you'd otherwise be rolling a chance die.

>Tell me about the best game you ever played.
We're playing it right now. Werewolf the Forsaken 2e, in the neolithic. We've been taking down Tyrants and their human minions, in the course of it and seeing how lousy humanity is, sort of being swayed by the Cull. In the meantime we've stumbled on some members of the Devourers and are figuring out what to do with that knowledge.

There's war, too. I think the ST has introduced the General like the plot hook said but we won't find out for sure for a couple sessions.

Lots of talking and pondering the world, our ST usually does fantasy stuff and sometimes has a hard time with modern/reality in CofD, but he's doing great with this. There's four of us and we're like wandering philosopher wolfmen of the apocalypse.

>There's four of us and we're like wandering philosopher wolfmen of the apocalypse.
Did you also have an NPC in your pack who left due to creative differences?

So Matter can't increase equipment modifiers either?

Since off-hand the only spell I can remember that buffs equipment modifier is in Fate.

I'm more bitter about how much oWoD stuff gets prioritized.

Hey, it's what the fans want! Just look at the amount of forum posts on the OPP forums, and compare how much more posts and threads oWoD has than CofD.

CofD has over 100,000 more posts.

Pff.

Anyhow. They couldn't do any of the out-of-game stuff they have intended for oWoD in CofD, that'd ruin it's sandbox possibilities. That's why we haven't gotten, for instance short story collections, or setting seeds, for CofD.

>That's why we haven't gotten, for instance short story collections, or setting seeds, for CofD.
We have more short story collections and setting seeds for CofD than for WoD.

I get what you're doing but your point is shit.

They're trying to get all they can out of WoD before Martin takes it over. But I bet they have some sort of limit to amount of stuff they can produce in CofD in the meantime.

They've got to get all the material they can before the new Vampire video game makes Paradox a lot of money so they can ride on its coattails.

I wonder if Obsidian will get that license, they seem kind of busy with Tyranny.

they're going to fuck it up and give it to some indie company that'll never get it out of alpha

Oh, so Troika's back in business?

Has Paradox ever fucked up like that?

sword of the stars 2
magicka 2
cities skylines
warlock 2
majesty 2

How do mages get rid of the abyss?

Damn.
I had hoped they were a decent publisher.

How do humans get rid of extraterrestrial space?

>get rid of the only thing keeping the world from being overrun by the exarchs and humanity from being mindraped to hell by supernal symbolism
step 1: become archmage
step 2: befriend any rank 6+ who wants to destroy world

they're good at historical games
but its the developers who do most of the work anyways

Nice try, exarch sympathizer.

Yeah yeah, they are a decent developer for grand strategy, but I wanted to know how they are as Publisher.

The only one I knew of beforehand was Pillars of Eternity, and that they snagged up when it was done.

they also had magicka 1, warlock 1 and majesty 1
it might just be a recent thing

I thought Cities Skylines was supposed to be the best one. Then again, compared to the fiasco of that latest Sim City, I guess anything'd look good.

you can build a city but there's nothing to do with it
they finally added disasters but it's still disappointing

Yeah. But you can google ANY game and add "disappointing" and you'll get hits.

yes, thats why there's a huge number to show you how many hits, which is more of an indicator

I've still heard several people talking about how much they enjoyed the game. People finding it disappointing doesn't stop it from having been heavily praised.

You wish

I wish

When are you obshitian eaters going to stop

youtube.com/watch?v=73cYTlul9vM

22:45

What would Werewolf be like in Japan. Primary Religion is Animism with an intricate heirarchy of spirits and gods. Spirits are considered divine so would Uratha there considerm themselves Divine?

That's a section in the Werewolf 2e book.

The Ainu are the only native werewolves in Japan, which is sort of weird considering bear symbolism is more their thing historically, but they are basically the Amerindians of Japan.

>The Ainu are the only native werewolves in Japan
they were a majority
now populations are equal

The other day someone suggested a Hunter Org inspired by Persona.

I've been thinking about the idea, and how to handle it a bit, and my current idea is some sort of mishmash of Professional Training and the Prelacy and Masque merits from Mage. Each "Persona" would be represented by a different merit--or perhaps like Masque you would purchase one as ● to ●●●●● and purchase additional ones as ●● merits--but each merit would be customized. I'd want to stay away from something as overt as "you summon a monster and then get to do things with it", though I think my idea is actually more akin to JoJo's Stands. Much like Masque, each level would give a specific effect that you customize, and much like Prelacy, one of those levels would be a special ability.

More specifically, the fluff would be manifesting Goetia that protect and empower you. Each Goetia "Persona" would have a specific Power, Finesse, and Resistance Attribute that defines which traits of the character it uses for those aspects, and the Rank would probably be something like Status+Endowment/2 *or* 5, whichever is less. They'd be "summoned" or activated by paying a point of Willpower that doesn't refresh so long as the Persona is active, similar to Masque, and the powers would generally be things that enhance the abilities of the summoner or allow them to do new fancy magical things.

In retrospect, it probably would have been better to create an example instead of rambling...

Is Apotheosis a trap? Roleplay wise sure, of course you would want to be free of the yoke of the judges and not have to collect relics or other shit lest you feel them rip a part of your life force out. On the other hand, loss of top tier utterances and being locked at sekhem 1, which the book describes as being physically uncomfortable and like being ill, forever kind of makes the eternal lash look a little bit better.

Persona is basically WoD

Depends what you want out of existence. Is the loss of power worth it?

I have an Alchemist who is desperate to regain the power he had as a Promethean before his Pilgrimage ended. HE would say that yes it is a trap

I'm the one that suggested the conspiracy. I've worked a bit on it. The concept is similar, but in my version the Shadows need to be summoned through hypnotherapy and the like. They don't normally have attributes and follow the hunter for the rest of the day. Each dot grants it a small passive benefit with a drawback, and the option to spend a willpower for a bigger benefit
Here's a WIP example:
Green Eyes: the Shadow lends its creator its twisted, covetous perception of the world. When active, the hunter gains a +2 to all vision related rolls. However, the Shadow's envy makes it more difficult to interact with others. The hunter takes -1 to all Social rolls except Intimidation. In addition, by spending a Willpower point and rolling Wits + Occult, the hunter may recognize a number of supernatural beings equal to successes rolled as such.