Been thinking of a medieval sci-fi post apocalyptic setting that would be that years after the apocalypse when the...

Been thinking of a medieval sci-fi post apocalyptic setting that would be that years after the apocalypse when the world is a bit more stabilized and new technology was made that makes guns almost worthless against them (Late medieval looking power armor with melee energy weapons attached to them). the idea being the world descended back to the dark ages yet with even better technology. knights and men at arms wear power armor and ride glories Grav Bikes while the normal infantry uses either non powerd armor and guns.

now the big question is how do I make it not too much like 40k ?

Noble, not grim, for one. Setting on earth rather than in the galaxy as a whole is another big change. The technology being constantly developed, with a focus on energy and science rather than religion and mechanics.

Don't have orks or elves or undead. Don't have highly catholic influence. Don't have dystopic fascist empires as the baseline. Don't have fuck huge pauldrons. Easy.

No, the question is why aren't you playing Degenesis Rebirth?

Make it more sleek visually and less one massive organization crumbling under the weight of its own bullshit and more a bunch of assholes warring with each other over petty shit.

Degenesis is more medieval post-apoc and nowhere near as sci-fi as OP seems to want to take it (with heavy power armour that makes guns nearly useless.)
But you still raise a very valid question, because everyone should be playing Degenesis.

Yeah, you're right.

In fact I'd go so far as to state that although the social and cultural conditions are somewhat medieval, the tech is very much 20 minutes into the future for the most part.

But you could create a more hyper medieval scenario. Say a few Scrapper tribes get together and build a steel castle away from major settlements and trade routes. Then a Paler vault is discovered nearby where sleeper champions armed in hypertech emerge to confront the horse riding lance wielding Scrappers.

Google Too Human. Ignore the crappy gameplay and steal the lore. Its literal technomancy meets norse mythology and any class that uses guns is at such a disadvantage as to bring down the whole teams effectiveness in later levels.

speaking of obscure German RPG, Frostzone is pretty close to what OP describe.

What happens if I scan this QR code?

I'd play it.

[spoilers]No survivors.[/spoilers]

Fuck me I can't even spoiler. I should sleep.

You are granted cluster access by a drunk Chronicler. But beware! Some secrets are better left concealed.

>Frostzone
>The Cold War
Puns can deal damage as well.

>Loop of monofilament gonna-fuck-you-up-if-you-touch-it cable wrapped around three rotating spools
>Two bottom spools have miniature motors that move the cable at high speeds for extra up-fucking
>Top spool is on the end of a collapsible rod that can fit into the grip for easy storage, the excess cable stored in the top spool
>Rod can be extended to full length by flicking it like a collapsible baton
>Now you've got a sharp cutting weapon that can be stored in your pocket and quickly deployed for use
>Number and positioning of spools can be changed to modify the shape and length of cutting area, aproximating various other weapons like sabres, axes, chakrams, etc...

Would this be a concept that someone would look at and think 'wow that's pretty neat' Veeky Forums?

Something like Travis Touchdown's Sword, replace energy beam with "Can fuck anything" wire.

Pretty much, yeah.

Man, I wanna play NMH again now. Say what you will about it, but fighting a flamethrower wielding serial-killer in a burning house with a beamsword is pretty fucking fun.

Fading Suns

Space Opera, but more Dune than Star Wars. Not postapocalyptic just yet. Very strong Fantasy flavors, but more Conan than LotR. At least as an equipment catalog it should work well for this.

Endless Legend can fit the bill too, minus some of the fluff

>Don't have fuck huge pauldrons

>now the big question is how do I make it not too much like 40k ?
The better question is why do you want to make a second Dark Age? It already exists as miniature game, with art from people like Gerald Brom, so...