Warhammer 40k General

Wish Eldar would just die already Edition

>Rules databases
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

Other urls found in this thread:

bloodofkittens.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Brett-Perkins-2nd-Overall-Adepticon-2016.pdf
sirlin.net/articles/playing-to-win
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What do you think of Kill Team? Have you ever played it?

Kill Team is okay, Heralds of Ruin makes it really enjoyable and makes some armies less shit

Fluff question: how exactly do astropaths communicate?
Do they need some kind of equipment, or can they just receive messages while they're busy taking a bath? Do they have to channel power every few times a day for messages, like checking your inbox? Do they only receive spoken messages, or can they just be plugged into a monitor to show a video?
Do they receive a series of universal military codes that they just rattle off? It seems like that'd be the best way to use it, but I doubt the Imperium is streamlined enough to do that

Oh, you think the Warp is your ally. But you merely adopted the Warp; I was born in it, moulded by it. I didn't see the light of the Imperium until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but BLINDING! The Warp betrays you, because it belongs to me!

Killteam's alright, but I think you could accomplish the same kind of game better using Deathwatch RPG rules.

how would you kit a close combat deathwatch veteran unit?

Looking to start with the most powerful force possible. Someone recommended a "deathstar" force.

What is the top tier list or force? I heard something called Eldar is the best.

I'm looking mainly for a tier 1 best force possible. I want maximal win % chance.

Cult Mechanicus Battle Congregation:
Tech-priest Dominus 105
3 kataphron destroyers; 3 heavy grav cannons 165
3 kataphron destroyers; 3 heavy grav cannons 165
20 Fulgurite Electropriests 360
13 Fulgurite Electropriests 234
10 Fulgurite Electropriests 180

Nemesis Strike Force:
Kaldor Draigo 245
Librarian; Lv3 135
Librarian; Lv3 135
5 Strike squad; psycannon 125

What do You think /tg?

Get out and never return.

Here is the list I was thinking of copying because someone told me eldar is tier 1

bloodofkittens.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Brett-Perkins-2nd-Overall-Adepticon-2016.pdf

Thoughts?

Vets with power weapons/bolters
if they're in a kill team include Terminators with power swords or lightning claws and at least one vanguard veteran with a power weapon

Frag Cannons?

sirlin.net/articles/playing-to-win

This is either extreme bait or the newest of newfag.
40k is not the game for Power Gaming shit heads and within your first three attempts at playing everyone in your area will know better than to play against you.

You're going to want Orkz with a whole bunch of nobs. As many as possible. Green Tide's also good, but firmations just don't compare to the CAD that Orkz can bring, mate.

Play Orks and bring an unbound army of nothing but Boyz and Gretchin. Nothing will be able to stand against you.

So you guys don't play to win?

for now I have kitted out:
>black shield with giant hammer
>sergeant with c'tan sword and storm shield
>veteran with power maul and storm shield
>veteran with frag cannon

should I kit out the last one with a shotgun, another hammer or a sword/maul?

Why isn't it in torunament results lists?

I'm from MTG / computer games. I always pick based off top 8 results. Is this not normal for WH40K? Is balance shit or something?

Nah mate, it's one of those things where no one talks about it. Y'know, Elephant in the Room style of OPness. Yeah, it's there, but no one's going to address it. Especially since they're the developers favorites. Friggin' Orkz, always getting all the good stuff.

THIS. THIS SO MUCH.

I HATE ORKS. GW BALANCE THEM ALREADY.

We play to win, but not at all costs. The main reason that kind of attitude doesn't work in 40k is because you have to find people, face-to-face, and they have to actually agree to play with you. It isn't some online game where you'll probably never play against the same person twice and where you get matched up automatically.

This is probably the bestest list:
==Primary Detachment: Eldar Craftworlds Craftworld Warhost Detachment==

= Windrider Host=

HQ1: Farseers (100), Skyrunner (15), Witchblade (0), The Spirit Stone of Anath'lan (15) - [130pts]

TROOPS1: 3 Windriders (51), 3 Scatter Lasers (3x10) - [81pts]
HQ2: Warlock Conclave (35), Skyrunner (15) - [50pts]
TROOPS2: 3 Windriders (51), 3 Scatter Lasers (3x10) - [81pts]

FAST ATTACK1: 2 Vyper Jetbikes (40 + 1x40) - [80pts]
TROOPS3: 3 Windriders (51), 3 Scatter Lasers (3x10) - [81pts]

=Aspect Shrine=

FAST ATTACK 2: 5 Warp Spiders (95), 1 upgraded to Exarch (10) - [105pts]
FAST ATTACK 3: 5 Warp Spiders (95), 1 upgraded to Exarch (10) - [105pts]
FAST ATTACK 4: 5 Warp Spiders (95), 1 upgraded to Exarch (10) - [105pts]

=Hero of the Craftworlds=

HQ3: Autarch (70), Skyrunner (15), Banshee Mask (5) - [90pts] - [WARLORD]

=Aspect Shrine=

FAST ATTACK 5: 5 Warp Spiders (95), 1 upgraded to Exarch (10) - [105pts]
FAST ATTACK 6: 5 Warp Spiders (95), 1 upgraded to Exarch (10) - [105pts]
FAST ATTACK 7: 5 Warp Spiders (95), 1 upgraded to Exarch (10) - [105pts]

=Wraith Construct=

LoW1: Wraithknight (295), 1 Scatter Laser (15) - [310pts]

=Aspect Shrine=

FAST ATTACK 8: 5 Warp Spiders (95), 1 upgraded to Exarch (10) - [105pts]
FAST ATTACK 9: 5 Warp Spiders (95), 1 upgraded to Exarch (10) - [105pts]
FAST ATTACK 10: 5 Warp Spiders (95), 1 upgraded to Exarch (10) - [105pts]

>So you guys don't play to win?
Personally I play to see the guys I just spent months painting in action.
Would I like to win?
Sure but I am not going to paint a bunch of models I don't even like or change to a playstyle I don't enjoy just to crush people.

Most tourneys don't allow unbound to keep things balanced. When the 7th hit ork green tide was too OP for most other players to compete with

What is with all these fucking new guys who refuse to lurk for a thread or two?

They ask the shitiest common knowledge questions?

Is it all bait or am I taking crazy pills?

This one's also top-tier:
= Primary Detachment: Tyranids Combined Arms Detachment ==
HQ 1: Hive Tyrant (165), Wings (35), 2 Twin-linked Devourers with Brainleech Worms (2x15) [230 pts] - WARLORD
HQ 2: Hive Tyrant (165), Wings (35), 2 Twin-linked Devourers with Brainleech Worms (2x15) [230 pts]

Troop 1: Mucolid Spore Mine [15 pts]
Troop 2: Mucolid Spore Mine [15 pts]

Fortification: Aegis Defence Line (50), Comms Relay (20) [70 pts]

== Secondary Detachment: Tyranids Hive Fleet Detachment ==
HQ 1: Hive Tyrant (165), Wings (35), 2 Twin-linked Devourers with Brainleech Worms (2x15), Electroshock Grubs (10) [240 pts]
HQ 2: Hive Tyrant (165), Wings (35), 2 Twin-linked Devourers with Brainleech Worms (2x15), Electroshock Grubs (10) [240 pts]

Troop 1: Mucolid Spore Mine [15 pts]
Troop 2: Mucolid Spore Mine [15 pts]
Troop 3: Mucolid Spore Mine [15 pts]

== Tertiary Detachment: Renegade Knights Forsworn Knight Detachment ==
Lord of War: Renegade Knight (325), Avenger Gatling Cannon and Heavy Flamer (60), Avenger Gatling Cannon and Heavy Flamer (50) [435 pts]

== Quaternary Detachment: Astra Militarum Psykana Division ==
HQ 1: Primaris Psyker (50), Mastery Level 2 (25), Force Axe (0) [75 pts]
HQ 2.1: Commissar [25 pts]
HQ 2.2: Commissar [25 pts]
HQ 2.3: Commissar [25 pts]

Elite 1: Wyrdvane Psykers [60 pts]
Elite 2: Wyrdvane Psykers [60 pts]
Elite 3: Wyrdvane Psykers [60 pts]

Tourney's usually use ITC rules which nerfs Orkz massively, which is stupid because in my opinion they're pretty balanced.

>inb4 Orkfanboy they're literally the most OP race Green Tide should've never been invented/Nobs are extremely undercosted.

Is there any tournament streams on twitch or things? Is the tournament scene growing or getting more popular in 40k?

Any chance of an ESPORTS league for 40k or AoS?

>I'm from MTG / computer games and I have been entitled with cookie cutter builds relentlessly over the passed decade.

ETC rules all the way

You ever get that feeling like you're being fucked with?

>20 Fulgurite Electropriests 360
>13 Fulgurite Electropriests 234
>10 Fulgurite Electropriests 180
Quick question, why these numbers in particular? I don't see any transport for the 10 or the 13, why split them up that way?

I am sure tournaments are streamed somewhere but they are probably cancer. Not all tournaments use official GW rules and not everyone enjoys using the Tournament rule set so its a toss up if its even worth it.

You have to realize a good size 40k game may take 3+ hours. No one wants to face some overpowered decked out list that will annihilate their force in the first three turns. That isn't fun and GW did not design the rules to be used competitively

I think GW said they were going to be streaming their next tournament or something like that

newb here
can two squads of 5 and a HQ fit in a corvus blackstar?

Competitive high IQ players usually help balance games.

Good investment

One of the newer DE players that has been posting lately.

How worthwhile are the Harlequins from Deathwatch?

I can field ~1500 pts right now so I still have 500 to go for the local average. Two different players have offered to split a box with me so I can essentially double the force.

Right now I am playing a Venom heavy list with two units of Haywire Scourges and a Single Talos (that I have two more of but haven't tried fielding multiple of yet)

Honestly, if you want to get a good feel for the game and what works well in it, a better source would be to check out battle reports on YouTube (miniwargaming's a good source for these). These will show you how the game works without the special tournament rules or anything like that.

More units to capture objectives and charge more targets, plus better Canticles of the Omnissiah

go to your deathwatch codex

look at the corvus page

look at "transport capacity"

there you go

no
you can only load one squad in it
but one squad +independant char(s) count as one unit.

Note the rule, not every HQ has it.

Harlequins can be awesome when You have a shadowseer in the unit and are able to cast invisibility (take 3 shadowseers for maximum possibility of that happening)

i think you need to field the death masque formation or go unbound.
harlies are shit for allies as they have so stupid FOC entries

where can I find the deathwatch code?
cant find it on mega

Invis may be a bit mean but I bet it would be nice.
>harlies are shit for allies as they have so stupid FOC entries
Well shit, guess I will have to download the codex and take a look at the FOC. Some quick threats would be nice even if they just distracted from my Scourges.

Could I possibly use them as regular Eldar Proxies? I would just claim the Harlie models fit the Dark Eldar army more.

In the Archives 2-4 Generals back. Someone linked a non camshot one. Good luck.

How do I put together a feminist list?
Is it even possible?

Get as many tervigons as possible.

Do you guys think we will ever have a VR online platform for playing games like warhammer 40k?

For instance, having a table in front of you with your pieces on it. Talking to the opponent, making moves, and seeing his 3D pieces transmitted to you. Basically like a VR gameshop.

Would you use it to play if it was pretty reliable?

So Alpharius is dead. Omegon is the only one left, which is who died to papa smurf.

Kind of an interesting twist?

>tfw GW is too stupid to cash in on making a VR/Digital version of the Tabletop that bundles buying actual models with a redeemable code to purchase the model in game

That way they still sell models and people can play games A LOT more frequently

yeah, but most people try to make units almost identical in size, for whatever reason
It's just curious is all, unless Fulgurites have some power based on unit size? I'll admit i know nothing about Admec.

Anything can be awesome like that though
Boyz would be awesome if a Weirdboy could cast invisibility.

blackshield cant take the hammer because of reasons

anyone else struggle from liking literally all the armies?

For the most part many have an appeal to me.
There are only a few that I don't really enjoy.

Now Deathwatch have their book it should be Genestealer Cult time.

Pretty please GW.

I dont like ALL the armies
(but most...)
keep in mind, you can do a mixed marines force, which can be used for almost all.
And with allies you can bring small allied forces of what you want from another army, without the need for a load of cash before you can field them.

I wanted to take one max-sized unit for all the psykers to roll in. When Fulgurites kill a unit their 5++ goes to 3++, which can be further increased to 2++ from Sanctuary power

i don't like marines who do you think i am lol

>GW making official, non-token kill team thing
>space marine terminators still not allowed
any killteam rules that don't let me recreate space hulk are immediately shit

>crisis suits are okay tho
ffffffuck off

this week its kill team box release.
And the website (pre-orders are up in kiwiland) has some nice killteams from ppl with their self-made background. Probably fromthe white dwarf

Yes it includes orks.
(And corrupted Skiitarii)

right
so how does this look for a kill team
sorry if I get any of the points wrong haven't had chance to look at the codex
this is actually based on the team of space marines my LGS made while playign the deathwatch RPG team, they kicked some major ass in that

Veterans
Blackshield, Power Sword
52 pts
Power Fist, Storm Shield
62 pts
Infernus Heavy Bolter
32 pts
Stalker Pattern Boltgun
27 pts
Stalker Pattern Boltgun
27 pts

Total: 200 pts

tg, what are your favorite Battle Report channels? I'm personally a fan of Visicast.

Yes
no sororitas nor inquisition. (Duh!)
and strangely the only 2+ armor save unit is the mutilator. (which is terrible 2+ armor or not)

I wonder how close this new kill team is to Heralds of ruin....

Ah, I see

>nor inquisition
deathwatch count, technically

I wish there was a formation that would let me field more than one and less than three Harlequin Troupes (well, there's always double cast of players...)

>sirlin.net/articles/playing-to-win
>posts article about trying to become the best through practice, trial and error, discovering new strategies
>hurr tell me what lists are good so I can copy.

You're not one of the good players, you're one of the 'scrubs' the article talks about, solely taking good players strategies and tactics to dick on people.

Sagely Veeky Forums, 1500 point tournament coming up. There's a range of WAACfags and fluff players.
Is it proper to play a War Con in such a setting?

If there's waac players, you won't win with a war convo overall; just take what you think is fun

If actual, meaningful rewards are being given to 1st place then go hard in the paint and don't feel even a little guilty
Otherwise try to slide in the middle of that gradient

>I wonder how close this new kill team is to Heralds of ruin....

Its gonna be closer to Strike Forces, which already has a campaign system and the ability to make your own team from whatever minis you have.

How does this list look for an MSU Lion's blade?

We usually play 1500-2000pts so I can just tac on a 500pt Ravenwing Strikeforce and hopefully have a list that ismore what I am looking for.

I like the Ravenwing playing as elite in the army but I also want some normal bro-tier units of 5 dudes that are nothing. This would let me actually compete for the mission instead of running into their face and dropping the Deathwing.

Did you look at the sample necron kill team?
3 wraiths @ 200pts

All my nope.jpg

How do they beat this with the other ones? Change the necron players die to some that only have 1's and 2's`?

Or, you know, instead of needing houserules GW could release a proper ruleset.

>But what if that's what alpha legion wants you to think

Can anyone who has converted a taurox recommend what wheel kit they prefer? I was looking at Victoria miniatures and blood and skulls

>Still taking spiders after the FAQ

You're running last months cheese buddy.

You can change the "core mechanic" of your army to something else. What do you change it to?

IE. Tau and markerlights, Dark Eldar and Power from Pain, Necrons and being tanky as fuck, but slow.

CSM and not being bland marines

I would change Tyranid Instinctive Behavior back to what it was in 3rd ed with minor adaptation

Black Templars, bring back vows.

Striking scorpion 82

What is this strike forces thing you speak of?? (Or am I being really dumb?)

50 conscripts can kill a wraith on the charge

You should look into tabletop simulator

Seriously, go.

30k Kill Team, can easily be used for 40k armies. Its a neat campaign system for skirmish games.

Sisters
My only real change would be making their 6+ invuln work more like what I remember Brets getting:
IE forfeit 1st turn to pray, you gain Emperor's blessing for a +1 to every units invuln saves, but if someone refuses a challenge, they lose their invuln.

They don't require any equipment. The mini has no gear but can communicate with reserves in space. They do, however, sometimes work in Astropathic Relays, which are specially built constructions and space stations that enhance their range and reception.

The messages are encoded (how is unclear), not to protect them from the enemy, but prevent them from being altered in the Warp.
Since you have to put effort in the channel the warp, I assume they don't do it automatically, and only do it at work.

In theory, they could receive a video, but they'd have to decode it, so that'd be impossible for almost any mind that's not a computer to read effectively, and require a lot of time and effort in the warp, which is usually a bad idea. Un-encrypted video should be possible over short distances, but I doubt they can be plugged in, and would just Psyker the video to those nearby.

Large relays usually have Choirs of astropaths, who all channel their power into large, or distant messages.

Soul-Binding, the process that makes them Astropaths, boosts their power and makes them resistant to daemons, but also robs them of their sight, and usually one or two other senses, in addition to being so painful that a few drop dead.
It's basically the Emperor's light being burned into them, 100 at a time, on Holy Terra. Their minds and souls are forever changed, so they can reach into the warp to "Grab" messages with almost no risk.

In Blind there's a group that wants to eradicate psykers and turn useful psykers, like Astropaths, into mere lobotomized human antennas for mechanical relays.

Ooh, thanks kind user!

Play Sisters of Battle. Don't bring Jacobus or any Priests.

Can someone upload a higher quality version of this?

Tabletop Simulator is pretty good, but it sadly lacks many models and factions

Electropriests are bad

Kill teams more balanced right with no deathstars MCs or formations

Why can DW chaplains not take terminator armor?

How do you handle getting totally wrecked?

I dont mean just losing, I mean every single dice roll conspiring to fuck you over and your enemy just completely steamrolling you with no chance of retaliation