People are actually kinda excited for the new White Dwarf

>people are actually kinda excited for the new White Dwarf
GW: And we'll also release a Grombrindal mini
>excitement intensifies
GW: And here it is!

>It's literaly a several year old mini with a differently-painted beard and doesn't match Grombrindal at all.
The hell? I tought GW was supposed to be better than it used to be?

Other urls found in this thread:

games-workshop.com/en-NZ/Grombrindal-The-White-Dwarf
games-workshop.com/en-US/Dragon-Slayer
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Is it prepainted?

Because if it isn't, its a complete repackage/rename. Like the rest of Age.

I'm pretty ignorant as far as wargames go, but a lot of these Age of Sigmar ones I see around here look like they'd be kind of prone to breaking when you move them around

Nope, this one is a 'exclusive' that's only availiable for a limited time.
Exclusive clampack cover, I assume. The regular unforged/dragonslayer is still being sold, too.

Citadel Miniatures are the worst minis on the market for that.

Not that many from other companies aren't, but Games Workshop minis are really the worst.

...wow.

This is GW's worst stunt yet.

Do they think we use the packaging as trading cards or something?

The Unforged / Dragonslayer is actually pretty sturdy. He can take a beating compared to some other products.
Looking at you, treefolk and Deldar. Also, Infinity antennas in general.

Its literally just different packaging, but at least there are legit rules to use him? They shouldn't have even bothered with this stunt if they werent going to at least give him a new model.

The old one was much better

>tfw i have the best version

It might not have been feasible to do a new model either because of the material or the cost.

An exclusive Space Marine sells. Grombrindal only has value to people who play dwarfs, collectors, and people who like the character.

Alternatively this was just a quick thing done and a new model will come out in a year.

At least they're not raising the price and he does have rules for both AoS and Silver Tower.

There will be rules for him for AoS and Silver Tower, but not as part of the mini (which might have made this release slightly interesting).

>Grombrindal only has value to people who play dwarfs, collectors, and people who like the character.

No, in Age of Sigmar anybody can field any model.

So that model has use to anyone who plays Age or ST, while the SM only has use for people who play one of the Space Marine armies.

That's pretty rad. It probably helps that I never really bought in to the mohawk look

True enough, but there are many other dwarven minis they could have used instead and which would have fitted the style of Grombrindal (i.e. heavily armored dorf with huge axe) better.

But then it wouldn't be advertising for Mirrorslayers.

Anyone saying this is GW's worst stunt ever needs to be sent to a reeducation camp

Bullshit.

They could easily include a shitty sprue with a shitty headswap or a shiity new piece of kit or something, recoup their very limited losses on a rubber mould by making it extremely limited edition .

This isn't even an attempt at an exclusive.

It is the same damn model.

And last I checked on the UK store
IT IS BEING SOLD FOR MORE
Despite being the SAME MODEL

Find a worse one.

I own both of those plus the director one, all of them still in their packs resting next to Kruelah the Vile in the depths of a bitsbox. Might actually dig one of them out to paint them.

>Worst
In terms of most blatant?
Yeah, its pretty high.

>Floptips the Penispalmed
I love that derpy model.

When the redesigned their website by deleting everything except their store. When they tried to sell true of line sight laserpointers. The hilariously shitty GW airbrush that looked like a handflamer. Any "1 click bundle". Any "buy this kit for the exclusive HQ model" 40k boxes that eventually got a mass release anyways. Thats just off the top of my head

I think this is still worse.

Yes you can technically play a mish mash of models, but most people like to stick to one alliance which at most means Order players.

On the other hand current and future battletomes reward people for staying within one faction, so that means Grombrindal would only benefit Dwarf players since anything else breaks allegiance.

This is for what is basically Fantasy Dwarfs, not Fyreslayers.

It's kind of disappointing, but yeah not really that bad since no one is forcing you to buy the model and I don't recall people clamoring for a new Grombrindal model either.

Since it's the same as the current Unforged except for the packaging, you can just buy the aforementioned if it actually is cheaper.

I don't see it on the UK store.

But not selling a deliberately broken and unbalanced game to encourage frequent upgrading to new editions.

All those are silly things.

This is packaging a model they are still selling as an exclusive, because the packaging has a different paintjob.

It'd be like selling Marneus Calgar as RedFist The Fistinator, Champion of the Crimson Fists or YellowHands The Wall, Supreme Fister of the Imperial Fists. Or all three.

Then learn to internet I guess.

But Rountree will save the company you guise!

exdee

>Its not a shitty move because you don't have to buy it now do you...?
Way to miss the fucking point pal.

>This is for what is basically Fantasy Dwarfs, not Fyreslayers.

How is making Grombrindal a Slayer not trying to sell him to Fireslayer players?

>I don't recall people clamoring for a new Grombrindal model either.

Its a tradition for Games Workshop. Like Reaper putting out new Sophie models, its a signature of the company and something for fans.

The fact that the oldest running GW tradition, something that used to represent that you were a professional tablwtop miniature company, is being done this empty hearted is a sign of GW's current state. They don't care about tradition or reputation, just a quick buck at the expense of their fans.

I mean, its literally pic related.

You assume Bloodyfist The Crimson and Pissfingers the Wall won't exist as a direct result of this suggestion.

Why? Its literally just a limited edition packaging. Thats all. Its a collectors item because of the packaging not because of the contents. If he has good rules you can just paint a normal unforhed like him. Its like a limited edition coke bottle, the soda inside isn't important, if all you care about is the soda just buy a regular one.

Its not like the Imperial Space Marine. That was collectors item because of its contents. He also has good rules but if you want to use him you hhave to have been lucky enough to get one.

That or AoS style anything goes rules will make every special character usable by any faction, with Pissfingers and Bloodyfist as examples.

>Its a collectors item because of the packaging not because of the contents.

The fact you are OK with this is fucking spastic.

The fact that this bothers you boggles my mind.
Its not like they are forcing you to pay for it, and it doesnt effect the game. Its a literal non issue. Its like how some copies of Ocarina of Time have a gold cartridge, and some have a gray cart. Its the same damn game, its also the same damn game for someone playing a ROM.

>Laserpointer
>1 Click Deals

Getting upset over this is beyond baby shit. Do you get upset over the pointless things other companies do and all the useless shit in the world?

That's exactly it. No one is forcing you to buy it. No one is forcing you to continue buying GW products if this offends you so much. But honestly at the end of the day it's disappointing at most, nobody is being forcibly ripped off.

>How is making Grombrindal a Slayer not trying to sell him to Fireslayer players?

Because the Unforged model doesn't have the Fyreslayers keyword and thus doesn't technically belong to the faction.

Maybe Grombrindal will have the keywords that allow him to be played by all Dwarf armies and allow them to keep allegiance. On the other hand he might be like the two Silver Tower Elves who just have their names, their race, and Order as their keywords.

You can go on about tradition, but from recent times it doesn't seem like GW has given a damn unless having a small box where Grombrindal answers questions is supposed to be some big honor.

I'm not saying that GW couldn't have done better, but I also don't see this as something to get worked up about it. If you do well then you have the option to stop buying from GW.

I honestly don't remember when this model was previously released. Does anybody have a pic of the old packaging?

You're not going to exclude RAVENFISTS the Fallen Who Rose are you?

Or FERRUS MINIMUS the Iron Handed?

Or DRAGONFIST the Confused Hued?

Or BLOODFIST the Blooded Blood Blood?

Or WOLFFIST the Drunk?

games-workshop.com/en-US/Dragon-Slayer

>Its OK cause you don't have to buy it
You are either a fuckwit fanboy or a genuine shill.

They made rules for grombrindal and wanted to give people a model to play him without having to release a new model.
The fact that instead Wd comes with a free slaughterpriest(a pretty new hero model too)probably means that the intention was to bring a new model to the table but in the end for costs/time/delays/who knows why they couldn't and rushed this "special edition" instead.
Its shit, and looks like a mockery, but the intention is clearly giving a model to play along the rules in the magazine.
I understand your logic, but just for "the more you know" different editions of OOt have slightly different version with minor changes.
pic unrelated.

Genuine GW damage control shill in our midst.

It doesn't bother you they are literally using the shittiest business practices possible to fuck fans out of a few more dollars?

Games Workshop has never done something this scummy before.

They've made bad products. But this is low.

The only thing lower would be making a Kickstarter and stealing the money without delivery of goods.
Games Workshop literally has their toes scraping rock bottom right now.

Slaughterpriest is to celebrate the new WD and tie in with Gorechosen which comes out in September. You can use the Slaughterpriest in it. Silver Tower too, which the magazine is going to have new rules for along with other boxed games.

>games-workshop.com/en-US/Dragon-Slayer
Jesus Christ.

Fucking stop, someone in Nottingham will take this seriously and before you know it we'll have a whole article of paintjobs for these new characters based on Calgar.

its is a reasonable choice-the model itself is amazing and prone to converting.
The free rules for grombrindal tho are a pretty clear sign that he had to be in slaughterpriest's place.
If i were them i would have simply took out the rules for him until they have a new model ready.
this way, feels too much like a mockery.

>I'm not saying that GW couldn't have done better, but I also don't see this as something to get worked up about it.

"Could have been done better"?

They literally put the same model in a different box and increased the price. It doesn't come with new rules or new parts, its the exact same model at hugher cost.

The fact you don't think that is one of the worst things they can to do speaks volumes about who you are as a person.

>The hell? I tought GW was supposed to be better than it used to be?
>GW
>better

>The fact you don't think that is one of the worst things they can to do speaks volumes about who you are as a person.

That I'm not as bad as some of the people in the Warhammer community when it comes to insignificant shit? I think that's a good thing.

Seriously, this perpetual bitching over minute shit is one of the worst aspects of the fanbase.

Once again, if you think this is so bad and such an insult, stop giving GW your money.

Some Britbongs put a toy soldier they already make into different packaging and you make it out to be some great atrocity.

Is this your first exposure to Capitalism? Do you think companies are really your friends and give a damn about you? I can't think of any other reasons why you and a few other would react like this.

>No one is allowed to complain about my employer
Its a shit move shill, even you know of deep down.

Or are you taking notes about repackaging Marneus Calgar as an Imperial Fist, Crimson Fist, Iron Fist champion?

>People complaining over this shit is awful
>So I have to come into threads about it and bitch about it
Literally why?
It makes no sense unless you have a vested interest.
It takes less effort to ignore our bitching than it does to argue against it.

Because this shit follows everything that involves GW. Some fans of their games are incapable of bitching about the most insignificant things and it's annoying.

You're a piece of shit.

>his perpetual bitching over minute shit is one of the worst aspects of the fanbase

If the company does something retarded, they deserve to be called out on it.

Wanna read that again and rephrase it?

You're evading the point. Games Workshop is in full damage control mode after literally years of pissing away whatever goodwill their customers had for them to such an outrageous extent that their core business is now in decline. They're only making money because of licensing, without the strength of the 40k and WFB brands (NOT, notably, Age of Sigmar), they would be posting year-over-year losses.

Cancelling the glorified sales pamphlet that was White Dwarf Weekly in favor of a more hobby-focused monthly is a big deal. The General's Handbook corrects some of the most glaring errors in Age of Sigmar's designs and makes competitive play possible again. Deathwatch is the closest they've ever come to reducing prices and some of the new miniatures are downright affordable in comparison to their last few major releases. They're providing prize support for the NOVA Open, of all things, in the first instance of community outreach in the better part of the last decade.

The fact that they would choose to celebrate these recent, positive developments, by repackaging a current-range miniature that you can buy, today, and calling it an exclusive is literally insane. It illustrates a level of professional contempt for the people that keep them in business that quite frankly defies explanation.

holy
shit
they are actually serious.
this
is
the
"new"
Grombrindal

They pulled a Donald Trump basically.

Respond to having lost must-win moderates and minorities by making the same stupid decisions that caused them to hate you after a mere week of trying to woo them.

We have a surrogate blaming people for calling them out on it as if the media is the problem right here in this thread.

10/10 it is fake

But Trump is winning.

Its a private company not a charity. Its not even like you cant still buy the cheaper version. This entire situation boils down to:
>private company releases toy soldier at $X
>private company later releases the same toy soldier in a different special packaging for $X+Y for a limited time as a promotional thingy, while still maintaining the same cheaper basic version.
>internet autists act like the sky is falling.
Its like how they sell Coke in glass bottles at an upcharge when you can buy it cheaper in plastic bottles.
Or when comic books reprints with limited edition covers.

>Implying glass bottle coke isn't ambrosia compared to plastic bottles.
Get

The

Fuck

Out

>it is fake

Keep telling yourself that, sunshine.

Except that there is an objective difference between glass and plastic packaging. Glass is impermeable to an extent which plastic is not and does not leech undesirable flavors into the beverage. There is a reason why people choose to pay a premium for it.

Not according to literally every reputable poll, conservative and liberal.

>Or when comic books reprints with limited edition covers.
Those actually do sell higher on resale.

Its an artificial market, but its a legitimate one.

There is no demand for this. Its just a cheap cock in the ass to anyone that trusts Games Workshop.

>unnamed Republican candidate polls consistently ahead of Hillary in every competitive matchup
>nominate literally the only candidate that can lose
The GOP, everybody! Possibly the only executives in the world dumber than Games Workshop's.

It's only showing up on the NZ website and only if searched.

thats because NZ site is way ahead of time due to time zones, wait tomorrow and you'll see.
Always check NZ site for news anyway. Its a good way to check thing a day before they get released.

Oh, it wasn't the GOP that chose the talking carrot demon as a candidate.

See, after the Republican party went conservative and the Democratic party went liberal (formerly, it was the other way around) in the 1940's-50's the religious right stopped being politically active. They actively discouraged conservative Americans from participating in politics in any way, and communities became incredibly insular.

Then in the 60's Nixon got the bright idea to try to reach out to those people, and it gave him a slight advantage. Gerald Ford fucking hated them so he ignored them entirely, which got the few who sided with Nixon pissed enough to start getting the folks back home to organize so when Ronald Reagan called on them again for his election, they went nuts and broke into politics like water from a busted dam.

Thing is, they remained highly insular. That REALLY doesn't work when you have a country that became almost exponentially reliant on global policy, until now where you have the conservative intellectual businessman outnumbered 10:1 by uneducated low class nobodies that think the presidency works like a mayoral position. The conservative movement literally requires those people to get the votes they need, since liberalism is the main position in one way or another, political or economic, of the next generation and in most big cities.

But it backfired this time. People among them who could be derogatorily labeled "rabble rousers" who believe in the movement but feel its moving too slow shook up the base, requiring the party leaders to put them on a leash by removing their options. But then you had an asshole looking to make a brand and get his name in even more places that recognized the situation and basically cut their leash and left them running amok in the party.

No more "Look, we lost one of the main things we wanted, but look at this shiny new thing we got!"

The current party just looks at it and says "He voted for a bad thing! GET HIM!"

Trump is a plant by Hillary and Bill to get Hilldog into the White House

Nah, Trump is too much of an egotist to go with anyone else's plan.

He wants to be able to go on Fox News any time he wants for life and get an hour to talk shit about anything and anyone he wants, and advertise his businesses.
He's not got too many years left, and he wants a much bigger legacy than the joke he's been for so long.

He gets what he wants, and goes down in history as one of the big figures in one period of one of the biggest civilizations in human history.

>Nah, Trump is too much of an egotist to go with anyone else's plan.

See, I'd like to believe that but if it were true, he wouldn't be shitting the bed like he is. The best case scenario is that he won the nomination entirely by accident and is entirely out of his depth now that he actually has to run for President; but even then, the fundamental conceit of his primary campaign was that he hires the best people, so why hasn't he? And if he has (he hasn't, but what the hell), why aren't they being allowed to do their jobs? Nevermind that he hasn't been running ads, where the hell are his field offices at the state and local level? You cannot win the election if you don't run and all over the country, Trump isn't running.

So, no, I don't think it's a matter of ego because if it were, he would be doing more to win and he's simply not. He's clearly not a stupid man, so it can't be incompetence; that leaves only malice.

I didn't think this way at the beginning of the campaign, but more and more as every day passes I become convinced that Trump is here to make sure that Hillary, the single most personally corrupt presidential candidate since Richard Nixon, wins in November.

>See, after the Republican party went conservative and the Democratic party went liberal (formerly, it was the other way around)

I absolutely loathe this meme. It's singularly uninformed and intellectually dishonest. Up until very recently, there were both liberal Republicans and conservative Democrats, the parties did not "switch places" in any regard. There are STILL a significant number of liberal Republicans, but the conservative Democrats have become fewer and farther between; and the things which they are conservative about are generally restricted to issues of local significance; gun rights in the case of Bernie Sanders (who isn't actually a Democrat and certainly isn't a conservative, but he ran for their nomination); defense spending in the case of Tim Kaine.