/whf/ Warhammer Fantasy General - White Dwarf is Cancer Edition

Last thread >1d4chan
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Warhammer_Fantasy

>Newbie Introduction to Warhammer Fantasy (Download, start reading at page 174 for the story and all the races)
mediafire.com/download/i330182xo9b1hsi/Rulebook (Hardback).pdf

>Third Party Miniature Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk

>List of Warhammer recommended proxies
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/

>Tomb Kings Range reborn!
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com
indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/

>Warhammer Wikis
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

>Resources (Armybooks, Supplements, Fluff, Crunch)
pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
www.pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
>Endhammer
1d4chan.org/wiki/Endhammer

>9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

>Total War: Warhammer
store.steampowered.com/app/364360/

>End Times: Vermintide
store.steampowered.com/app/235540/

>Mordheim: City of the Damned
store.steampowered.com/app/276810/

>Bloodbowl 2
store.steampowered.com/app/236690/

>Man O' War
store.steampowered.com/app/344240/

Thread Topic- WFRP hirelings. Are there any tables/rules for hiring people in WFRP (preferably 2e, but I can adapt)? Want to run a Border Princes campaign, but I don't know the cost of hirelings, from porters and cart-drivers to hiring mercenaries to work for the party. There must be some somewhere, it's a huge oversight otherwise in a game that's theoretically dovetails with the wargame.

Also, Endhammer peeps, please see this Strawpoll regarding the Beastmen of Ind: strawpoll.me/11085063

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11085063
strawpoll.me/11088789
kickstarter.com/projects/164869117/halfling-skeletons
kickstarter.com/projects/1513061270/base-boss-by-reaper-miniatures
kickstarter.com/projects/48375726/resin-wargaming-scenery-and-terrain-ancient-ruins
kickstarter.com/projects/1536984495/egyptian-dungeon-game-tiles
kickstarter.com/projects/fantasycoinhq/fantasy-coin-legacy-gaming-coins
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Also have "Gotrek and Felix Novels Party" for free.

Dumping Kingdom of Beasts work so far. Updates to existing sections still required. New section soon. Input always welcome.

What does Alarielle smell like?

Chlamydia

>Beastmen
>rigid caste system

It just doesn't werk with me

This is some great shit.

It's not one which society believes but which is fatally enforced from the top.

STRAWPOLL
STRAWPOLL
STRAWPOLL
strawpoll.me/11085063
concerning: Beastmen of Ind in Endhammer

I'd fear the beastmen would immediately go back to shitting in the woods instead of creating anything resembling a society.

I suppose it was always my picture of the divide between Beastmen and Skaven being one has a perverted version of a society while the others are true beasts.

Is anyone even in favor of keeping Malekith PK? That's pretty much the shittiest thing to keep in Endhammer.

Bugman is better than the White Dwarf anyway.

We've discussed this over the last couple threads. That's probably gonna be the next strawpoll, as someone suggested a new elf history.

I personally would rather flip things, having the Beastmen in the north and the humans in the south. It would make sense because there are elves on nearby islands that can help them out, and it sort of fits with the history of kingdoms like Mysore.

Well he does have Bugman's XXX...

In last thread some faggot said that kingdoms of Ind should be left away in Endhammer cause there is no Ind models for WHFB.

Fuck you man, fuck you dry.

Warhammer is not only battle game models there are also WFRP faggots like I, and I for one would appreciate some world-building for far east.

Sure I will play campaigns in Empire, Bretonia, Kislev and Border Princes(best for sandbox) but knowing what is to the far east and how it can influence trade routes, politics and shit may be important.

Away from Ind, information about Cathay is crucial for Endhamer's Empire. As Cathay locks down bulk of chaos forces, that can be used against Empire if Order in far East is destroyed.

So fa/tg/uys if anyone of you is willing to write fluff for far east I salute you for your effort.

Beasts of the East user here. I intend on looking into lesser-known human factions next. If I do lore, it's going to be bare-bones and up for interpretation while still establishing how these people interact with the rest of the world.

Mostly going to provide reasonable army mini-lists so that if someone wanted, they could make their own "Your Guys" force.

I forgot about you. Sorry.

And I didn't just mean "no Ind models for WHFB" but I don't know if there are any medieval Indian miniatures ranges.

Kislev, for the time being, is basically expanded Troll Country. There was some talk, early on, of Valmir von Raukov (cut off from the Empire when he was leading the defense of Erengrad -- the Westernmost part of the Auric Bastion) and the Tzarina out in the wilderness, trying to survive.

I dunno if you're aware of the "Norscan of Salkalten," Olaf Godhater?

I'm aware that he exists and what he's kind of doing, but I was unsure if he was an obscure character from WHFB or a new creation for Endhammer. I may have something in mind for him and his faction if there needs to be, but I don't know how much of his stuff has been established so far.

Sorry as well, I might be a bit salty due to old good beer. Good European beer not Murican stuff.

Glad to hear that someone is developing lore, so we RPG faggots can have food for brain.

Are there some "semi official" requirements for contributing to Endhammer, as I may have some ideas for some places? But it is talk of future as it is difficult to write at 3:20 AM

Initially, he was suggested as Harry the Hammer (as in, the former Chaos Warlord and the flagship 'warhammer'-wielder before Ghal Maraz was a thing). But that was too silly, so we developed a new invention for Endhammer.

His inspirations are Beowulf, Rollo of Normandy, and the Roman King Arthur theory.

Essentially, a Norscan marauder who went down with the horde and was part of Archaon's invasion force that went to Middenheim. Upon seeing a weak southerner, imbued with the power of some weak southern god (Valten/Sigmar) strike down the Everchosen of Chaos, Olaf has a crisis of faith. The Norscans worship gods who are strong! Why should he worship the Four if their powers combined cannot will their champion to victory?

Like all of the other Norscans, they start making their way back, fleeing through the butchered remains of the Empire. Olaf is a thegn of some renown, with followers of his own, and he continues to think about what he saw. Ultimately, he decides to cease worship of the Four, but knows this won't be acceptable in Norsca.

Picking out a broken Imperial town, he decides it's as good a place as any to plant his flag -- Salkalten in northern Ostland. He and his warriors kill the beastie that's taken route in the castle (in some versions it's a Dragon Ogre, in others a Chaos Troll -- and possibly he does it with a runefang). He declares himself Earl/Jarl and starts building a fort. Over time, he Ostland foresters and villagers who had been hiding away in rural forts begin filtering back to their cities and finding them ruined... but hearing rumors of a group of northmen building a fort in Salkalten.

With beastmen still rampaging across the eastern Empire, and Olaf needing a labor force to build/farm for him, he reluctantly accepts the weak southerners into his protection in return for their services.

Olaf can either be an atheist (not that he doesn't believe -- just doesn't think any of them are worthy of worship) or he worships Old Gods.

Nah. No requirements, per se. Just come here. Throw out your ideas. If people like them, they'll probably be added. We've started voting on the most-contentious ones today. Lol

More about Olaf:

All of it is subject to change. We don't even need to include him. It was just a fun and weird idea of a viking warlord begrudgingly taking in dirty, scared imperials and building his own little 'normandy' in Ostland; carving a bloody path through mutants and monsters with a looted runefang along the way.

He is Beowulf, going in and killing a troll to claim his kingdom, and using a magic sword along the way.

I like this. Could make it out to be a hybrid army list which features both Empire units and non-Chaos vikings.

Yeah. Under one of his proposed rules, taking Olaf as your general in an Empire army allows you to take Chaos Marauders and Chaos Marauder Horsemen. Not that they'd necessarily be good in an Empire army, but the flavor is there.

So, question from last thread; Zombie Dragon, Terrorgheist or Coven throne? Which would you say is the cooler/better vampire mount? Also, what is the fluff on these things?
strawpoll.me/11088789

Depends what you're going for. Undead warlord? Terrogheist -- Zombie-Dragon-Bat-Thing.

Mysterious, lord of the night/Wild Hunt? Coven Throne.

Found this, you guys may be interested.

kickstarter.com/projects/164869117/halfling-skeletons

Also, what's your opinions on ?

Some slightly otherworldly flowers, silk, and Tyrion's musk.

Depends entirely on Bloodline.

I favor the Coven Throne. Zombie Dragon is nice, but I prefer my Von Carsteins on foot or horseback and Terrorgheists always looked too undead for me.

>opinion on dorfbomination

I like how the Kickstarter dude is natural and not putting on or pretending it's more than it is.

"Here's some cool figures. It's all I got right now. Hope you like it."

More honest than 90% of these fucking projects.

Er, well, sort of. My Countess is in the midst of rebelling against her increasingly tyrannical step father, and her Step-mother, the one who changed both her and her father. I want to get a big show case model, but im not sure which I like more, and which fits more.

Im not really sure what she should be; her step mother is Lahmian in nature, but the Countess is most certainly not in nature. She is incredibly blood thirsty, and is leading a mostly starving-peasants turned ghouls army.

I share the good ones with you guys.
These ones I trust.

kickstarter.com/projects/1513061270/base-boss-by-reaper-miniatures

kickstarter.com/projects/48375726/resin-wargaming-scenery-and-terrain-ancient-ruins

These look good, but I dunno if the company is trustworthy. I'm considering the coins though.

kickstarter.com/projects/1536984495/egyptian-dungeon-game-tiles

kickstarter.com/projects/fantasycoinhq/fantasy-coin-legacy-gaming-coins

Sounds like my army, Lahmian who pissed off Neferata and hooked up with the Strigoi for small army size, and in grand armies I use Mortarch Neferata and add Lahmians as Neferata gives the now feral Lahmian Ghoul Queen a second chance to be useful.

I used a Mortis Engine as my centerpiece that's flanked by three Vargulfs, but with T9A I'm putting a Coven Throne in as well.

I'd say it depends entirely on how feral the vampiress is.

If she steals something valuable, or discovers it, then Mortis Engine.
Coven Throne is if she still has some sophisticated vampires on her side and has a strong grasp of magic since someone needs to be controlling those ghosts and scrying that blood. Works great as a literal coven of vampires working together so if she's alone or doesn't have a great relationship with the others, I'd say no to that.

Zombie Dragons are usually killed by the vampire then raised, or discovered and raised (dragons aren't that common you can find them easily). But she could buy one from the Necrarchs, maybe von Carsteins, if she has a good relationship with them.

Terrogheists are discovered by feral vamps wandering around in caves and wilderness for refuge from the sun or enemies, and they bond instinctively. But your vampiress would have to be fairly feral or desperate to look at a giant eternally hungry bat monster in the eyes and it be love at first sight between the two.

Consider the Abyssal Terror, or whatever the pterodactyl thing is called?

>yfw 9th fag ruins your idea.

OG guy who suggested good Vikings via a Beowulf. Fuck my you really neutered the idea and made it worthless.

I prefer Terrogheist, partially because it's a giant bat instead of just a dragon - not that dragons aren't cool, but it's a nice change of pace, even if half of the other Vampire monsters are batlike. Besides, they work well with Strigoi, who are my favorite bloodline.

Was there ever a real life culture that had coins like this? I like the design, but when not in a circle they don't look like anything recognizable.

You mean coins with a hole in them? China.

Because they were valued according to their weight, Spanish dollars would be cut up to make their Colonial American Namesake, pieces of eight.

Oh shit, that's fascinating!

Thanks, user!

Ah, okay, so the Coven throne definetly goes out the window. The premise of her story is that she was the only daughter of the current Count's first wife, who died during child birth. Because of this, his Daughter tried her best to live up to his expectations, even proving herself quite the strategist, and a passable warrior. And although she garnered a good reputation with her fathers people woth her crusades against the undead, and the death of a local Necromancer, he was still morose until his second wife, or the Countess' step-mother came in.

A lahmian who came looking for power, she began to convert the Countess royal court in her thralls. Although she had originally planned to kill the Count's daughter, but with the pleading of him, she instead had a new plan for her: to transform her into a new acolyte. After giving her the blood kiss on her 27th birthday, she was at first acceptive, yet uncomfortable in her new life as a Vampire. It wasnt until she learned of the murder of her long-time lover the butchering and resurection of her former compatriots, and the horrendus acts of her father did she rebel against his wishes. Fleeing the city, she has now vowed revenge on her father and step-mother and enstate herself as Countress. To do this, she rallied the starving and ghoulified peasants, and calls upon the vengeful spirits to combat the newly raisef Skeletal legions of her father.

So in this case, I think a Coven could be thrown out, as it seems something her mother would use. But a Mortis Engine could be interesting; Maybe its the former Necromancer she had slain, his relic kept by her, and now used as a weapon?

Terrorgheist could also work, seeing as she is somewhat feral in nature, and increasingly blood thirsty as she fights against her parents. She's also developed a sort of Savior Complex, as the Ghouls have begun to praise her as their hero.

You're very welcome.

Dude, make it better then. Literally says it's not set in stone.

Where's Kat?

My whole thing is why are we trying to fluff up the east for endhammer when we could have been doing it for warhammer?! I tried so hard to get discussion going on the eastern kingdoms in many threads, and there were like 2 anons who would occasionally respond. I even made a whole thread about it and got like 5 replys. Now that everyone is suddenly interested in endhammer there's all this interest in the east? Fuck that, I want to fluff up Cathay, ind and Nippon before they got their shit smashed in by chaos and greenskins. We're focusing so much on this kingdom of beasts and all the gods being dead, but never took the time to discuss who or what those thousands of gods might be. Why are we talking about post apocalyptic eastern warhammer when we haven't even established what regular eastern warhammer was?

Probably 'cause people feel more comfortable making fanon for a fanfic setting than making fanon for a 'real' setting.

I think it was made before Kat was an adult.

What's your take on it?

Hirelings are in chapter 9 of the Old World Armoury, with a few business-related ones in chapter 8 as well.

Well, look at what the Mortis Engine/Coven Throne kit actually is.

Both have a cloud of ghosts, like the Night On Bald Mountain assembly of cavalry coming from the graveyard. Both have a platform made of stone with steps leading upwards with rose thorns and skulls.
The center of the Coven Throne is the three vampiresses on top dressed fancy and looking into a swirling cauldron, with curtains billowing behind them.

The Mortis Engine has an object locked in a reliquary with candles on top that are almost burned to the bottom, with three locks on it. Its inside of a cage that looks like skull faces, with the gate also being locked. On the platform stands what looks like a snarling blind vampire or necromancer holding a staff with keys on it. On the sides are railings that look like skeleton parts, carved or real bones depending on how you paint it, with braziers.

Note that a lot of people leave the gate off the cage, some people use something different as the relic instead of the reliquary, and some people leave the vampire/necromancer off. You can clip off the key staff and put it on a female model as your vampiress, and substitute something else inside if you want.

Terrorgheists are like the Ghouls and Strigoi vampires themselves, they're eternally hungry, are more savage than their kin, and are driven away from the rest of the world so they band together for safety. If she finds Ghouls charming or pitiable, if they see kinship in her, she could bond with a Terrorgheist. But keep in mind that TG's need a lot of food and are not discriminating, so it may need to nom villagers, ghouls, or animals.

Maybe she's feeding her army in a war with Beastmen if she's still got some humanity in her. You could then get some goat skull bits and add them to things for some easy conversion.

THANK YOU

Why is tg so hard for Settra? It's not just this general, even AoS jerks him off like he's actually important to the setting. Outside of his own rulebook and one short battle in the BRB, he doesn't do shit except speak in third person and plot the downfall of the other civilizations withkut ever making any effort to do so. He has the largest single army in the works under his command and yet he hasn't even tried to expand his realm in any meaningful way. He gets his shit stolen all the time by fucking pirate bands and Mauraders! And dont forget about the time he got beat in single combat by a Maurader chieftain. Not a a chaos lord, not even a chaos warrior, but a fucking maurader chief.

And his whole "SETTRA RULES" moment, does anyone even remeber what was happening in that scene? He was getting BTFO by Nagash and didn't even land a single hit on him, fucking pathetic. Nagash had him hanging there like the little bitch he was, then blew him up and made him watch the complete destruction of his city. Settra was a failure in every sense of the word, he was utterly Humiliated and yet Tg still acts like he's a boss.

No need to be so salty over a favorite fictional character.

>he doesn't do shit except speak in third person and plot the downfall of the other civilizations withkut ever making any effort to do so.
He's Dr. Doom.

He's straight up Dr. Doom but slightly less brutal, and his odd morals are somewhat better explained.

He's just pretty cool. To bring up a rough list of awesomeness:

>Conquered Nehekhara solely through the force of his armies - magic beyond divine blessing wasn't a thing for humans yet
>got his priests to set up the first real magic organization in Nehekhara, the Mortuary Cult
>lived an amazingly long time and held on to his empire throughout all of that time
>was always harsh but fair, never quite being dickish but always following through with a threat and making sure a law was upheld
>earned a fuckton of titles, his only regret about dying was that there was yet more for him to do
>even after he died, no one dared to raise a pyramid larger than his until Nagash got uppity
>when he was raised from the dead, he conquered all of Nehekhara again - meaning that he was so badass that literally no other Tomb King, of any generation, was better than he was
>Arkhan the Black, arguably the most powerful necromancer aside from Nagash, fled from Settra when he first came back, and ever after Settra would personally fight him to a standstill whenever he fucked around
>when Nagash came back the first time, Settra managed to beat him back to Nagashizzar
>when Nagash comes back during the End Times, after absorbing the power of gods and obliterating armies, Settra's willpower was still so strong even Nagash was impressed
>he is tempted with power, fufilling his dreams of conquest, simple revenge on Nagash, everything, but does not succumb to any temptation
>So badass the Lexicanum's main picture of him as the filename 'Badass Settra'
>has the badass 'Settra does not serve, he rules' line

>Sailed to Norsca to reclaim his treasures
>Marched alone against the forces of Chaos, unlike Grimnir, everybody was witness to his sheer badassery
>Gave the Chaos gods the middle finger, to all of them
>Glorious golden chariot!
>Skull fucks orcs whenever he gets bored
>beats greater daemons in single combat
>ended the huge daemon invasion of Nehekara by picking up the idiot priest that accidentally opened the rift and throwing him into it
>kills Shaggoths in the middle of lightning storms like it's Tuesday
>killed Kolek suneater if you go by reynolds Headcanon
>chopped his way across the chaos infested empire just to get to middenheim, alone
>the only guy to successfully March into the chaos wastes and get shit done, not even orcs or dark elves do this
>any tomb King or liche priest who defies him gets torn limb from limb with his bare hands

tl;dr old-fashioned badass

So how do bastards work in Bretonnia? Are they allowed to be knights? Are great bastards treated better.

Mallobaude was a bastard and he was one of the most chivalrous knights (became a Grail Knight). It just so happens he went crazy.

Might be different because he's the king's bastard, but I assume that bastards work the same.

Was his bastardry known, or was he pretending to be a legitimate nobleman?

>even AoS jerks him off like he's actually important to the setting
He hasn't been mentioned in AoS at all.

But for context, Chaos is the ultimate "You Lose" for literally everyone, in that everyone is corrupted and everyone is consumed or use as a tool before being consumed. Both Warhammers have a bitch who thinks he's above it, sort of knows he isn't, plus Be'lakor as their bottom bitch.

But only Settra was so impressive Chaos offered him everything as their primary servant who could use the rest of reality as a plaything in exchange for kneeling to them. Beyond that, only Settra gave them the middle finger because even nigh omnipotence isn't worth serving another being in his eyes.

THAT'S it. To a lot of us, it was the only good part of End Times.

Is that supposed to be The White Dwarf carried by Gotrek and Joseph Bugman?

It's exactly that.

I forget

Where exactly does the White Dwarf and Joseph Bugman pop up in WFB lore? I know there's the great grudge for destroying Bugman's alehouse and possibly killing Bugman himself, but when does that happen?

Aren't the Terrogheists used by the Vampire Counts undead? And therefore, do not need to eat?

Yes, i'm not sure what that user is talking about. They still have the compulsion to hunt eat like they did in life, but they don't need to do it for sustenance. Their rulebook entry even mentions they can no longer digest the prey they consume, it kinda just rots there or falls out

I don't think it actually does, since the antagonist was retconned out.

I wanna put my PCs into the service of a Lahmian vampire for a while. What are some ways I can subtly hint at her true nature that don't make her a retard and aren't just 'she doesn't go out during the day.' ?

It depends on the edition. Before the End Times, him being a bastard son of the King was only rumored about. In the End Times, him being a bastard was confirmed and the primary reason for him trying to oust Leoun.

Either way, one can assume he was pretending to be a legitimate nobleman, or perhaps he was even treated as one. If he had no claims to inheritance, he could still become a Questing Knight without ever having to give up anything most knights would have to give up.

Here's a thoughr: Perhaps the reason the Lady's secret was revealed to Mallobaude has to do with his degenerate parentage?

I'm not following. If people of Leoun's lineage could see the Lady for what she was, then Leoun would have found out himself - he's a Grail Knight, after all.

Bugman is a playable character with a unit entry in the 8ed dwarf army book. His brewery gets sacked by goblin raiders and his living relatives were kidnapped. Since then, he and his Rangers roam the wilderness and turn up at random dwarf battles

He shows up at the ever peak before a massive ogre invasion to tell Thorgrimm that he tracked the ogres paths and can tell they are headed straight for the moot. right after this he Spergs out about the quality of ale present and goes on a profanity laden tirade about mediocre brew

He shows up again during the endtimes to help break the seige of Karaz-a-karak, and has a drink with Thorgrimm after the battle.

The undead halflings make me think of how a sylvania vs moot campaign may develop.

using the slayer as grombindal is completely heretical; I bet they can't even call him the white dwarf anymore because they must use "duardin".
magazine's name change when?

Have her get dubs unusually often.

Dwarfs have the chaos dwarfs, high elves have the dark elves and civilized humans have the chaos hordes. What would the dark reflection of the lizardmen look like?

Canon-wise, either Skaven, Beastmen or Fimir, with the Skaven being most frequently depicted as the Lizardmen's worst rivals/enemies in the fluff.

I know skaven are usually depicted as their arc enemy along with daemons, but I was thinking more along the lines of something actually derived from the lizardmen. Not chaos lizaedmen since that's probably impossible, but possibly something that no longer follows the slann or has been transformed from the base lizaedmen stock somehow. Maybe fishmen?

Yeah, I think a number of people like to think of Fishmen as the "evil" counterpart to Lizardmen. I think there was a discussion long ago on previous versions of this thread about a bunch of Lovecraft-esque Lizard/Fishmen living in some sunken ruins and worshiping what they think is a sleeping Old One.

>the whyte duardin
mark my words

Feral lizardmen exist in the Southlands.

don't think that's possible, after all, saurus are too dumb to fall to Chaos' influence, same with Kroxigors

Skinks perhaps, but having a mind-reading, Chaos detecting Slann seems like a good countermeasure to zap them at first sight

Slann... maybe? but having been there before the gates collapsed, and having suffered the first Chaos wars seems like a good deterrent

Lizard beastmen, unrelated to old ones spawn, chaos mutants in shape of reptiles.

I've got a WHFRPG query:

In 2ed, if i want to exit my current career and progress to the next, do i HAVE to have all the listed talents?
I know i need the trappings and the stat advances first, but the skills and the talents too?

Also, a second question.
How do talents that advance your stats (like savvy) affect you advance scheme? Are they added into your starting score or what?

Yes, you need to have all the stat advances, talents and skills listed on your current class, before you can advance to the next career.

Yes, you add it to your base characteristic - You don't count it as an advance.

Muchos gracias amigo

>tfw your son grew to be a manlet

dragon isles lizardmen are actually what you're describing: lizardmen that went feral i the absence of slanm holding a more advanced society together.

But I doubt they would be aggressive towards other lizardmen and it could be debatable whether their genetics would kick in making them serve the first slann that reappears.

on the other hand you have lizardmen blessed by sotek, who are particularly bloodthirsty for lizardmen, usually end up grouping away and acting independently and there're hints that sotek is a warp entity rather than an old one.

we have those in naggaroth

I like to call them troglodytes myself, imagining them more serpentine that dinosaur-like (still bipedal)

>no option for scattered kingdoms like always, the largest being Bagha Raj's beast kingdom

Makes sense to me.

And I said before that 1. No dense Forests in the North, so Beastmen being there makes not much sense
and 2. It's not 1:1 historical India, and if Humans hold the Eastern Coast of Ind, there's plenty chance for outside help. Also Cathay in close proximity.

Even the Beastmen map has the north of Ind completely free of them.

Having a beastman kingdom in Averland of all places wouldn't make much sense either, would it?

So Kislev in Endhammer based on 1d4chan page and talk page.
Assumptions:
Most chaos forces are chaos worshiping humans that need to eat.
Kislev commanders are not retards.

Basic overview:
1. Archaon breaks through High Pass
2. Kislev mobilizes all of it's Pulk's
3. Tzarina and her commanders are not total retards and knows that fighting alone against lord of end times and giant horde is bad idea.
4. Army of Kislev decides to not give a battle and focus on harassing chaos' supply train, (marauders still need to eat and weapons do not repair themselves) and taking away/destroying anything that chaos forces can use (scorched earth)
5. Archaon orders Sigvald to take part of chaos forces and crush pesky Kislevites
6. Sigvald wants to force the battle by marching at city of Kislev
7. Kislevites tries to slow him down and do battle, both sides suffers some loses, human army retreats after 2 days of fighting (Borodino)
8. Sigvald enters undefended city to find it empty, without supplies and on fire.
Present:
Sigvald forces sits in empty Kislev and are running low on supplies, defeated but not broken army of Kislev stays strong and ready to fight and more importantly deny enemy of any supplies.
Tzarina counts that coming winter and hunger will kill most of human component of chaos army, and remaining Kislev troops will be enough to destroy remaining enemies and free the country.
Chaos forces know that they must either gather enough supplies or destroy enemy army before winter or will be forced to retreat.
Both sides fight each other in multitude small engagements where chaos tries to scavenge what it can and Kislev tries to burn everything that they can.
Kislevites use their cavalry mobility and knowledge of terrain to gain numerical superiority in consecutive skirmishes and inflict high casualties. Still chaos forces stays strong and can't be taken head on by Kislev and it's Imperial allies.

So /tg any opinions or something, worth expanding?

OK. So I found a fair few of my old Fantasy models when visiting my parents for Chaos Warriors and Vampire Counts. Neither army I currently play, but with a few additions, it could be feasible.

Chaos

8 metal Bloodletters
16 Marauders
1 Tzeentch Sorcerer
1 general sorcerer
1 Champion on foot

VC

11 metal ghouls
6 black kinights
15 metal Grave Guard on foot
1 necromancer
1 Black Coach
2 wraiths
1 Banshee
6 Dire Wolves
30 zombehs

I remember selling a bunch of stuff a few years back, so that's where all my skeletons and chaos warriors etc went, but there's some not bad stuff there.

Not sure if it's better to strip and sell, or strip and re-paint at some point, or what. Paint jobs are decent for the 14 year old that painted them (in some cases) but shit for the 28 year old I am now.

I honestly dont think Sigvald is too good a fit for this; I mean, from almost every account, Sigvald is a impatient, impulsive, and egotistical pretty boy. And, for the most part, he is really spoiled and selfish. I can't imagine a Slaaneshi army under his command would be willing to stay in a ruined Kislev.

I mean, he's Slaaneshs favorite and chosen warrior, and if the Endtimes failes, there would be no reason for him to sit around in the ruins of Kislev trying to fight against raidees and starving. Sigvald would want to be looting castles of art, fighting in duels, feasting and simply being extravagent. So him staying in Kislev doesnt make much sense to me.

And then there's another matter; Sigvald is kind of a shitty strategist. He would probably blow through his food supplies in short order. Im not saying he cant lead a army; his attack Ulthuan proves that he can, its just that hes lousy at it.

May I make the suggestion of maybe Throgg and his followers setting up shop instead? Sigvald just seems like a weird choice.