Kitsune and kawaii nekomimi catfolk are soon going to be available races not just in Pathfinder, but in DnD 5e too

Kitsune and kawaii nekomimi catfolk are soon going to be available races not just in Pathfinder, but in DnD 5e too.

Where did it all go so wrong, Veeky Forums? When did it all go full weeb? Can anything be done to save us?

Other urls found in this thread:

d20pfsrd.com/races/other-races/uncommon-races/arg-kitsune
exhentai.org/s/d950e90be5/519816-1
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

There is no saving.

Tough the fluff.

Do it now.

Citation needed.

DM's guild and the upcoming Volo for 5e, as for Pathfinder I think they're core races or something because it fits what I've seen of Pathfinder. I don't know, any Pathbros want to help out?

*His ass

>Tough the fluff.
>Do it now.

Just you try and stop me

Fox-people are not, nor does it say that.
Fifty bucks says that cat-folk are the tabaxi, not "anime cat-people".

d20pfsrd.com/races/other-races/uncommon-races/arg-kitsune

PF core races are the exact same as 3.5 core races. Kitsune and catfolk didn't show up until the Advanced Race Guide, where they're lumped in with all the other special snowflake races.

This is the kind of cat-people you'll be getting.
While certainly SOME type of player will be sexually attracted to it, it won't be the type into anime cat girls.

If you didn't want to get lewded, you shouldn't have been lewd. Dumb cat

We need a wizard to fix that shit IMMEDIATELY. Better yet, a bunch of them. For that matter, do you think they could make Dragonborn a bit cuter while they've got the ritual circles all drawn n'shit?

I recognize that fluffy tail.

>complains about anime

Where do you think we are?

It's our era now, normies.

This is my character portrait. Oh, and she has a penis. You're not a transphobic bigot who will say no to that, right?

We only know that we are going to get catfolks, and they are probably going to be akin to the other catfolks Wizard does, the MTG leonids, making an eventual future planeshift supplement on mirrodin or theros easier

Better be futa with balls otherwise it is only 3/4ths complete.

. . . . . This needs to stop. The level of power they have has been to vague and has allowed for far to much power gaming, be it inexperienced DMs or freeform RP. Hell, I have yet to see a baseline for what they can and can't do!

[spoiler/]And don't get me started on the damn sexualizing.

>Can anything be done to save us?

No. Everything will be shit forever. Quit TTRPGs at least to save yourself, or kill yourself and everyone around you to save yourself AND them.

Well, that's fine. This is one of the major heroes of the setting: "he's" a genderfluid, hemaphrodite who has obtained enlightenment powers.

He's also a really really REALLY huge sexual deviant.

I agree with OP. We should post pictures of Kitsune and kawaii nekomimi catfolk in preparation.

>Tough fluffy tail.

I'll bite his spear if you know what I mean.

>Using Ahri for shitposting.
Normally I don't care but nigga I would cut you if I could.

Well I know for 5e The designers said catfolk would be closer to the old AD&D Rakasta. So honestly I'm fine with those. Also im good with Hengeyokai as a general, and Eberron already gave us shifters which were the children of werecreatures so meh.

Agreed.

That one actually looks kind of cool.

You know what? I'll take it.
I'm just glad it isn't yet another god damned elf subrace.

Why can't we have Thri-kreen as playable characters in 5e? This irritates me.

He does, huh.

The real answer is that culture changes over time, and a lot of the Japanese memes have become integrated into Western culture.

there's this: I mean, shit, Monster High is basically Mattel deciding to jump onto the Monster Girl bandwagon.

Sort of. I mean Cute Monster Girls aren't alien to the West (even-less-so if you go by legit mythologies) but it seems to have had a bit od a surge in the last ten or so years.

I'd say 15 years and due to Japan.

>Where did it all go so wrong
It was wrong ever since elves, dwarves and everything else really. Nonhumans ruined it.

>Kitsune get into Pathfinder and DnD
>Fairies, a "kawaii" race that already exists in-setting and wouldn't strech things at all are STILL not represented at all unless you reuse the pixie's statblock

I'm not convinced there's a significant difference between the two

Why fight it?

>where did it all go so wrong
The moment anyone let anyone under the age of 18 and/or a sexual deviant run a game
>When did it all go full weeb
see above
>can anything be done to save us
Kill it with fire. Begin the holy purge. Only the pure can remain. It starts with us. It starts today. You know who among you is tainted. Water the garden of our pasttime with the blood of those who would defile it and let their ravaged, wasted corpses serve as a reminder to those who would profane that which we call fun: we shall not tolerate, we shall not accept, anything less that total cleanliness from this rude and inexcusable debauchery. Let them perish. Let them burn. It is the only way.

>wanting the catpeople to be furry and not qt

I dunno, faires seem rather stretchy to me

That isn't a fox, that is a fluffy cow.

And I'm fine with it.

>Space Jin art
She's planning to crush your balls, I guarantee it.

Why do foxes look like cows to you?

Because they are foxes with cow-like features.

Looks like a regular fox to me

Why am I suddenly completely okay with Kitsune in the party?

I see a fox and a cow.

[x] Touch fluffy tail

warm and cuddly

Honestly, who the fuck actually cares?

The people who sorry out about this shit aren't the type to even get a game normally.

power of the fluffy tail.

Not so great on summer nights.

Unless you crank the AC down low.

Then it becomes great again.

What are systems besides anime RPGs, LoFR, DnD and friends where they are playable races?

Any actual links or screenshots to spread the news with?

Has anyone tried adding aspects of Japanese or other Asian folklore to the Feywild? If modern elves can be fey creatures, I think modern kitsune sure as hell can.

Like yokai in general?

in an urban fantasy collab I write with a friend, it's all just parts of the same 'other world'.

So it's possible to actually find kitsune hanging around in the Aoi Sidhe amongst the Seelie Court, but they're likely a traveller or immigrant.

Basically that's the fey idea of "my funny foreign neighbor" (said while you yourself make your home inside the back a giant animal that wades through the silt and murk below, cornflakes that are actually dried leaves.)

This is something I'm tempted to do now with my Eberron campaign.
I mean, why not? There's an 'Eastern' continent or at least a small amount that remains in peace and I could just say that the plane has manifest zones that are places that are essentially the same between the planet and moon, so they don't normally wind up on the main continent.
Maybe after we finish this run as inquisitives in Sharn, I'll have them play a game in Sarlona...if only 5e had psionics.

>if only 5e had psionics.
It does.

Yes, and while I'm not worried about the playtest only going to level 10 (We've only just started this campaign so getting to its conclusion and reaching 3rd tier in another will take a long time indeed) but I'm worried about its balance. As the playtest releases tend to be, it's very strong.

THIS IS HOW THEY GET YOU

SEDUCE YOU WITH FlUFFY TAILS, BUTTER YOU UP WITH LIGHT DRINKS

NEXT YOU KNOW YOU'RE IN THE WOODS NAKED AND MISSING YOUR LIVER

SERIOUSLY DON'T TRUST THEM
BITCHES WILL STEAL YOUR CHEESE AND LAUGH ABOUT IT IN FRONT OF YOU

They were in 3ed too.

A cat is fine, too

First off, the liver thing was more the Kumiho, not the Kitsune. The worst you can get from a Kitsune is either possession or her eating your chickens.

Secondly, Kitsune were infamously light drinkers, she'll get drunk wayyy before you do.

Third, get a dog. Kitsune hate dogs. HATE.

Are you a match for the CR of the fluffy tail?

You do know that you can ban the race at your table if you don't like it, right?

Ah, the ever present conundrum with Space Jin's girls. Yes, they're fine as hell, but they're also very likely to traumatize your testicles in some fashion.

Do you still wish to fap? y/n

>y/n
n

I demand more pictures of male Kitsune

The Monk is a core class. The weeb was always there.

I really don't get it, it's not like I'm trying to say it's awful but monster girls or kitsunes just seem like lazy fetish designs. Like you wanted to go one way but didn't want to commit. It's hard to imagine them as believable races.

More male yifftsunes

Aren't barefisted monks more associated with China, even these days? Japanese warrior monks are more the sort to have weapons and be armed like soldiers.

At least historically.

i are all Fargoth and all are we

Kitsune used to do the eatliver thing too, until they got the "poor misunderstood trickster" treatment that half the fairy creatures got, with a side of the "poor misunderstood hawtness" rewrite of vampires.

The fact that you're not aware that this is a thing since AD&D just means you're ignorant. Catfolk first appeared in the original Fiend Folio as Tabaxi (taken from a module).

Can they be foxgirls (male)?

Those were called obake and they are not the same thing as kitsune.

Tabaxi are hardly the same thing as "kawaii nekomimi catfolk" or the fetishbait depicted in the OP, though.

Actually, kitsune were a specific kind of obake.

I don't think the Tabaxi were ever playable races in AD&D, and neither were kitsune.

You do have all the hengeyokai, and the rakasta from the Savage Coast.

Eh I make an "Oni"-race based around fey origins and lump all the nekomimi etc. animal people in as sub races.

It keeps the fluff down to earth for a fantasy setting without a race of supper special snowflakes slutting around everywhere.

Are kitsune better done as reskinned elves, or tieflings?

Kitsune are yokai, yokai are fae, you know what we don't do with fae? FUCK WITH THEM. Don't fuck with kitsune.

That is correct, you don't fuck with kitsune.

You just fuck them.

Go fuck yourself with a nuclear jackhammer.

Well then it's overweight

>yokai are fae

Are Zulu warriors samurai?

If a player wants to play a kawaii nekomimi catfolk, make it a khajiit instead and remind him what he looks like.

If you want a grand, unified cosmology in your fantasy setting, youkai can be fae.

Yay, monstergirls when?

The funny thing about monster girls is that the two big settings made for monstergirls is that they are quite dark.

Monstergirl Encyclopaedia has humanity fighting a losing battle against extinction because the setting itself is stacked against them. If you don't take a genocidal approach to the monstergirls you are passively helping their cause because their very presence spreads taint. When that taint spreads over the entire world everything is doomed to extinction as all the women have been turned into monstergirls and the monstergirls cannot replenish their stocks of men. Even if the humans somehow manage to destroy the demon Lord and win the day, they are just moving from one grimdark scenario to another because the gods that made the world like to build humans up before they set flesh eating monsters upon them.

Monster girl quest isn't any better as the humans are stupid pathetic creatures that have one weakness built into them that the monstergirls are happy to exploit. The average monster girl is far stronger the average human and most of them are murderhobos that eat people. Why does the main character want to coexist with them?
Also the goddess of the setting is genocidal.

But think of all the hot monster girls that want to fuck you.

Sounds like a good deal to me.

Not ALL women in the MGE universe were turned into monsters last I checked, but there are plenty of forces that are trying to turn every human woman they come across into a monster girl.

source

>He's never read Imako
Oh boy are you in for a ride. Make sure you read all of it.

exhentai.org/s/d950e90be5/519816-1

Is /pfg/ leaking into the rest of Veeky Forums?