>£40 for a full game with miniatures and rules
>It's fucking Kill Team

Almost makes up for Grombindal. Almost.

Other urls found in this thread:

war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/1063
waylandgames.co.uk/warhammer-40000-essentials/33932-warhammer-40000-kill-team
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>£40 for 10 space marines and 10 Tau Fire Warriors

Isn't that cheaper than buying them seperately?

It is. The question is if they come with gear options or are monopose.

GW are really pushing death watch now

They that pissed FFG beat them in that department

It's just the ordinary sprues. So they do come with options and are poseable. Like the majority of these things.

Kirby whored the brand left and right.
No surprise Roundtree is now trying to consolidate the monopoly back together.

Good, good.

Necromunda when?

>Militarum Tempestus box costs the same as the Start Collecting Box
>Start Collecting Box has two units instead of 1, the same vehicle and a commisar

They didn't think this one through all that well.

it's raven guard...

Thats not a box, usually if its a box you can see a picture of the packaging. Which gives you a discount. If you only see pictures of models together its a one-click bundle, which saves you nuffin, except time.

The Getting Started deals are sometimes so good they should simply take the individual things out of the sortiment.

Wait

I thought death watch operate in kill teams

kill team has been the name for a 40k game with only a handful of minis for a long time.

Only until today it was hidden in whitedwarfs or some ebook nobody would find without looking for. Now it is prominent.

YFW when the remake Necromunda but it costs £100...

If the starter gangs are Redemptionists vs Escher I'd buy it.

Oh god I hope they don't do that with Titancus. Necromunda with Titans scratches an itch I didn't know I had until now.

The question is: will this be played, or is it DOA? Back in late 90ties I was playing some 40k, but I gave up when they started to push bigger and bigger armies.

The box will sell because it's a budget deal on the miniatures for people who already play 40k.
As for the game system, it's GW cautiously testing waters for hypothetical "Age of Emperor" (giving 40k similar rule overhaul / simplification that was done for Warhammer Fantasy -> Age of Sigmar). I think no, the Kill Team will not be played as a stand alone game.

Wouldn't an "Age of Emperor" overhaul be more akin to the old Rogue Trader game?

From what I've seen of old Rogue Trader (aka 40k 1st edition) it was incredible clusterfuck of a rules (by today's standards).
I imagine that "Age of Emperor" would be more towards shrinking core rules to 10 pages or less and overall simplification of the game.

Kill Team is a thing that has existed for like, a decade+.

A new Kill Team release is not a sign of The End Times.

Rogue trader had fucking gamemaster, it was rpg and not mess with plastic toys.

Damn, sorry, I was thinking Deathwatch: Overkill.

The other one click bundles have models that are outside of their relevant Start Collecting boxes though, this one doesn't.

We practically never played it with GM. And we had a fair chunk of plastic, but since metal minis were cheaper back then, we also had plenty of meddle. Enough of both to clog the battlefield.

So are they updating the Kill Team rules or just re releasing them?

rogue trader wasn't that bad

inquisitor absolutely required a GM, and was basically just a tabletop RPG

$110 dollarydoos. Interesting pack. I like Skirmish-level games. Shame no one will play this as its own thing. Will have to wait for Necromunda.

>£40
>£1 = $1.74 in AUD
>£40 = $69.75 in AUD
>They still charge $110 AUD
Cheeky buggers.

Something something shipping costs. Also they know Australians are easily ripped off because of the shipping costs being an actual thing they can point to.

What's the average Aussie wage?

Which is absolute shit, but businessmen gonna business

They charge it because they can get away with it

Rather than giving you the average Australian wage, and then talking about the cost-of-living, and comparing it to the British wage and contrasting that with the British cost of living, I'll just say this:

Your Ausfriend across the sea is only 11c better off than you per dollar. As such, this thing should only cost $65.60 in Australian currency adjusted for cost of living and average wage. Giving GW some leniency for shipping, the markup is still about $35 too much.

>Almost makes up for Grombindal
whats happening with Grombrindal?

Dont ask

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!

this has to be a joke

That's really lazy.

I vaguely remember reading that there's some super retarded EU law or something that's at least partially responsible for GW's ridiculous Australian pricing.

meh, fuck the white, mines going to be full Gotrek

supposed the first *4* issues of the new format will have gifts. doubt it'll be more minis though.

So you are going to paint it in its original colours then?

Just so you know, they aren't giving this one away. They are selling it. They are selling an old model with different packaging as a limited edition White Dwarf model.

really? lol. I knew about it being an existing model so wasnt bothered because its free on a magazine.
but yeah, also sticking it in a new box and selling it as something else is .. err.. odd.

Same price though, at least they didn't charge for changing a cardboard piece and base.

hang on i might be a complete spaz. I thought the new white dwarf *model* was going to be free with the magazine.
looking at the front cover image it says 'free gift - citadel slaughterpreist'
war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/1063

hurr durr.

Yeah no. The dwarf has RULES in the new mag for both silver tower and AoS. The priest is the actual mini that comes with it.

Wow 23 models for $109.99!?

>DID YOU SAY 23 MODELS FOR $110?!
WOW THEY LOOK LIKE REALLY UNIQUE MODELS THAT CAN BE USED IN SKIRMISH GAMES!

are you retarded?
Its 110 AUSTRALIAN dollars, which is worth shit.
Game sells for 50 Euro in the eurozone, so its going to be around 60 bucks in the end.

Boy I sure do love Unique looking xenos models I can use for a skirmish game. If only there was a board game full of imperial assassins or dishonored supermen in tights I could purchase. I suppose there aren't any. Back to cutting up 5 stealth suits, 2 crisis suits to make my Tau commander from soul storm :^)

>it's a budget deal on the miniatures for people who already play 40k
Only for those who specifically want spess mehreens and fire warriors, which I'd think is a relatively small number of people.

is this real

>which I'd think is a relatively small number of people
Roughly half the armies in existence is some variety of spes muhreens and Tau are tie1 for competitive play (mostly the heavy suits, but you need some chaff too)

It looks like BL is in fact updating my existing copy of Kill Team for me on the 3rd. Remember that's the stroke of zero bongs. If they fail to fix the obnoxious parts of old kill team, or if it is as hard to open as the 30k stuff, I am uploading it here for everyone. When BL provides digital products that are both good and easy to open I will cease doing this.

I am an aussie, i earn $22 an hour, average is about $18. I pay $1100 in rent a month for a studio apartment. Average cost of groceries month is $250.
Mini's are pretty damn expensive here, but then so is everything. Shit like alcohol and electronics are double the price of other countries for no discernable reason other than "shipping"

Even purely digital services are a rip off for us, shit's fucked.

Yea for whatever fucked up reason. So bullshit

Based new CEO strikes again.

And yet some shitposters will still say that he's the same as Kirby.

I'd be more excited about this if Inquisition and Sisters were allowed for Killteams

You can simply order it in GB for less than 40€ with 5€ shipping

waylandgames.co.uk/warhammer-40000-essentials/33932-warhammer-40000-kill-team

You'd be stupid to buy it directly in an EU-country for 50€ instead of taking advantage of the low pound course.

>inquisitor absolutely required a GM, and was basically just a tabletop RPG
Eeeeehhh...
Ish.
I've played it many a time with no GM, it just requires reasonable players there for narrative rather than winning.
But if you want some WHAT A TWEEST scenarios in there, obviously it does need a GM.
And everyone wants a tweest.

Stop posting this in every thread you faggot. Go shove some rad grenades up your dainty arse.

WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK IS THAT?
Because it sure as fuck ain't Grombrindal.

I want to hear more about that though...

>They are selling an old model with different packaging as a limited edition White Dwarf model.
You are fucking kidding me...
GW have gone far beyond the realm of self-parody at this point.

>WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK IS THAT?
generic Slayer Lord (whatever they are called now)

I can't quite make it out, what's the US price on that?

Australians still have the best bantz and nobody can take that away from you.

Why don't you make your own miniatures game? Are there no decent Australian miniatures companies?

Eureka Miniatures is awesome and there is also Victoria who makes non-imperial-guard

Why don't one of them make a game? It seems like they could get a big chunk of the Australian market based purely on the selling point of "not sutpid fucking expensive"

I don't know, i'm not only from australia.

Well how big is wargaming there in the first place?

Oh shit, I want to use Vic's rail cannon in a game! (A real WW1/2-esque naval-gun-size train cannon, not sci-fi railgun)

Pic btw

How cool would it be if there was a game where those Victoria miniature WW1 looking dudes fought, I dunno, an army made up of some Australian monsters. Immigrants, I guess

Kill Team is a game mode, you twat.

The best game mode. 40K for 60 euros, no warlords, no LoWs, no formations, no fliers, none of that bullshit!

Are they gonna release a separate rule book?

Why not? People play Heralds of Ruin Kill Team, so why not play the "official" version?

IT'S 40GAY FOR 60 EUROS/BUX.

200pts of Elites/Troops/Fast attack. Used to be 0-1, 0-2, 0-1, but the Ork KT is 2 elite choices...

New codex comes out, full of BS characters and formations? Lol, don't care, I play kill team.

Formations getting you down? Kill Team.

Tau supersuits everywhere? Kill Team.

Formations/detachments? Kill Team.

Strength D? You break Eldar player's legs, then Kill Team.

Haven't been that excited about GW releases in ages, and that's because the latest Herald of Ruin update was done by the players, not Blessed Tom Meer, and because I have some faggy friends who wouldn't play "unofficial" rules.

This is the first 40k release to interest me in a while, the Fire Warriors and basic marines are both cool models and Kill Team was always the best mode.

I always thought it would be cool to have two kill teams with the same objective on a map with NPC tyranids/orcs/rebels. Anybody remember that WD article with stats for boss enemies in Kill Team?

...4th edition rulebook?

Wraithguard don't have 3 wounds or a 2+ save, D is still there.

The idea of Kill Team is that it's a game that can be played with just a box of troops as your army, right? Does it expand a little? I'm a fan of the smaller 40k robots, so could I add Stealth suits and Centurions to the teams in the Kill Team box?

>Centurions

I hate you. The HoR one allows you to have a team of three as your Kill Team. Not likely to have enough points in the GW version for it.

hence the leg breaking
"just a box" might not work with all armies (IG, for example), but yes.

I think it might be my excuse to get the metal guard ranges (Steehl Legion, Vostroyans, maybe even Mordians) or go FW. Two boxes and I'm done!

Only if you're buying 2nd hand from a private seller, GW has a condition on their supply that you can't ship to a different region. It's even in the fineprint on the page you linked. More cancerous than even video games.

Not that I will ever buy GW when chinaman exists.

>wait for scans
>buy used minis

That would cost 40 dollars, tops. 110 is fucking robbery.

I actually have enough marines and tau to fill that list already so for me it's free

Which chinaman is best?

So when are we actually going to see the rules?

Wouldve been nice if they gave some terrain as well given that Kill Team requires a lot of it to be tactically satisfying .

Miranda. Easiest to find, too. Free shipping on everything and great quality.

Just don't get things that are too fragile or spiky.

>what is free movement of goods in EU

>UK
>EU
you don't watch news very often

You don't read the news beyond the headline, do you?

You realize that process will take a year or two to get completed?

A year or two to be completed? It'll be a year before it even gets started.

Doesn't FFG still have the rights to make the 40k RPGs? Why would GW want to kill one of their most consistent outside sources of income?

It already exists.

Is this like the legit awesome old school Kill Team with XP, alarms, stealth missions with the "OH SHIT THEY SAW US, GO LOUD", individual models, guards and shit or just the
>"HAY GUZY, ERRYBUDY BRING ONE ELITE AND DEN U FITE EM!1 lol XD"

the latter

Literally all of FFG's 40k books are currently out of print and have been for months.

Fucking. Retarded.

Why get royalties when you can have all the monies?

If by some MIRACLE the rules turn out to be better than the currently available from fan creators people will just download the PDF or buy the rules from someone that bought it only for the minis and is selling the book.

Because GW has no knowledge in making video games or writing RPGs?