>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

I guess I see where the Unconquered Sun got it from.

He is just like you.

Theion best Primordial and best King. Gunstar Autochthonia jump when?

Wasn't his other soul a big blue sun?

Is there any jump that offers a wine cellar attachment to the warehouse?

Act Raiser.

the Sims 3 has a basement you can furnish as a wine cellar in the jump

How many AUs of Exalted are there that could be jumps?

Four, technically. Gunstar Autochtonia, Modern, Heaven's Reach, and Burn Legend.

Not sure if they'd work as seperate jumps though.

Dont forget old heaven where the primordials lived.

How many jumps have reality warping/glitching abilities?

Zen-Mu? There's basically no information about what it was like.

>Gunstar Autochthonia
The Primordials won the war.
>Heaven's Reach
Exalted IN SPACE.
>Burn Legend
Exalted Fighter 4 Hadouken edition.
>Modern
WoD Exalted: The Moderning.

>Modern
The Primordials have basically won and the Infernals are the Illuminati

FTFY

So... WoD Exalted? Shit's fucked and there's secret societies going around. Seems pretty WoD.

Something like that, yes.

Could that Terrifying Argent Witches thing be separate from Lunars? Or is it better off as an optional drawback?

I'd make it a drawback.

You're better off just being a Devil Tiger with the TAW themes.

I never read that one. Isn't it a fan splat that replaces the lore and charms of the Lunars, but otherwise the setting stays the same?

WOD and exalted are the same universe... kinda.

The prophecy in Exalted mention one of the possible futures being "a world of darkness".
The tagline for exalted is "before there was a world of darkness there was a world of savage adventure".

And in "Hunter's Apocrypha" for Hunter the Reckoning they directly say the Hunters are the reincarnations of the solar exalted.

That's almost exactly what it is.

It's one of many not very good attempts to try to justify the Lunars existing despite not belonging in the setting. They literally don't belong. They were originally going to be a purely NPC splat of insane chaos barbarians, but the authors decided to make them playable at the last minute without making a niche for them. So for three editions the books have just gone "...and Lunars are there too, I guess." and not given them any unique fluff or crunch. TAW tries to fix this by making them a splat of slightly shittier Devil Tigers with preset themes who have never accomplished anything, rather than a splat of slightly shittier Solars who have never accomplished anything.

Well, Gunstar Autochtonia and Heaven's Reach are both Exalted IN SPACE. The difference is that Gunstar Autocthonia is set in Creation, but one where the Primordials were more ambitious and made a whole galaxy insteed of just a planet, while Heaven's Reach is set in a world kind of like 40K, only the existence of the Exalted has kept it from being so grimdark.

I think they dropped most of that with second edition.

Well, from what i know it's mostly second edition exalted and old world of darkness. i think. I've never seen 1st edition exalted.

I always got the vibe that argent basically wanted to make Lunars scary bogeyman over shapeshifters.

none, seeing as how anything less than omnipotence doesn't qualify as reality warping.

Nah, they dropped it halfway through first. Pretty much everyone on Exalted's writing team thinks that was a mistake. It's why, as points out, Lunars are so shit. They were meant to be the ancestors of the Werewolves and other Changing Breeds, which meant they got stuck with the extremely limited and lame thematics of oWoD.

Only in 1ed Exalted, in 2ed any resemblance to other RPGs, living or dead is purely coincidental.

A Song of Ice and Fire

The Stormlands
Noble 100
Great House (Baratheon) 150
Weapon Proficiency
A Quiet People 250
Mine By Right
Warg 550
Gregarious 850
Pet - Shadowcat 900
Starforged Sword 1000

Another one from the new run. Rolled Stormlands which saved me 50 CP after I asked myself whether taking Stormlands was good enough to be Bobby B's kid and I told myself it was allowed (I figure royal house of Baratheon is technically "from my starting region" even if I'm not and there could be dozens of reasons I was there at the point of starting the jump, figure it's a tourney just before Jon Arryn dies or something. Weird to rules lawyer your own jump.)

Anyway bought Great House as being Robert's trueborn kid instantly puts a spanner in a lot of works.

Weapon Proficiency implies I'm not the useless shit Joffrey is and maybe Bob actually took a bit of an interest early on.

A Quiet People is a good cheap perk.

Going to want to keep an eye on Mine By Right to make sure I don't become much more of a jerk.

Warg is cool, animal possession is not that common and getting a bond with an animal is always neat.

Gregarious is one of the less unpleasant and mindfucky "converting people to your side" sorts of perks with an extra dash of likable.

Then I had 150 CP left and could have chosen Leads from the Rear only I decided to get a sword instead now that they have special properties (haven't actually made a new build for this since the last update). Took Starforged as it's the specialer of the two snowflakes and I'd prefer to be seen as ruling with honour than by fear. Pet is a shadowcat as there's not much justification for me getting a dire wolf and shadowcats are really neat (bigger than mountain lions, black with white stripes). NuBee pointed out that these last two options sort of make me He-Man.

Thinking of naming my cat Brynden after Bloodraven. Bryn for short. Not sure what to call the big white sword.

That's exactly the intent, I'm pretty sure that's explicitly stated at a few points in the text.

I don't know, TAW is flawed in a lot of ways, but I appreciate it for at least trying. It has some neat ideas, even if it fails on the execution, and it's better than the canon solution of "and the Lunars were there, too". I feel like the problem is that it was just a patch, trying to fit its altered canon in with the rest of the setting. Lunars are flawed enough that you'd need to design the setting from the beginning with them being interesting for it to work out. Which Exalted Third has the chance to do. I hope it succeeds.

And I want both settings to be jumps so badly, but unfortunately it is highly unlikely to happen as there is just not much support for them.

I don't like how third edition has handled the setting at all so far, so I can't say what they do with any of the other types of exalted is likely to change that.

So it's just an inverted tiger?

>Which Exalted Third has the chance to do. I hope it succeeds.
Nope. 3E's solution has been to get rid of all the canon Solar barbarian characters and plug their ears really hard and pretend that Solars don't make better barbarian overlords than Lunars even though that's their whole theme.

Though at the rate they're going, we're never even going to get to a Lunar book anyway.

I love how they did Sorcery, but on all other matters I agree with you on third edition being meh.

Smaller than a tiger but sort of. Inverted white tiger anyway.

That and glowy eyes.

I always though the best way to handle Lunars would be to remove the stealthy and more... courtly aspects from Solars. Make the Solars the bombastic and obvious ones, the great big warrior-scholar-kings. Then put their mate in their shadow, have them work as assassins and spies and social manipulators to support their Solar.

Of course that'd piss off the fanbase too much to happen, but it gives everyone a role.

>mah furry waifus

And I'm making my own when I go Devil Tiger.

Why not be your own slutty girl?

They will be. Third Circle souls are an extension of their creator. This means they can be a slutty girl and something else at the same time.

Well hey, I like the pairing of a sun and a moon together. It makes celestial sense. Sue me. I don't see much to gain by separating Solar and Lunars from each other as entities.

Who wouldn't?
GAAAAY.

No more gay than having a subdivided portion of your soul go and fuck guys for you. Be honest with yourself.

Is it gay if your husbando is a feminine male Gardevoir?

Sure, but true love conquers all.

Just because you're in denial Man of the Spiral doesn't mean we are.

Yes, Theion was the only Primordial with two Heart Souls. Ligier the Green Sun, and the Blue Sun who was "female".

Fuck Gunstar would be fun as hell.

Third Edition is fun to play, but man does the lore stuff have a mystery fetish.

>Makeing a slut
Lame.
At worst I'll make someone like Ayame from Shimoneta, lewd as fuck but not actually going anywhere with it. Because gap moe is cute.

Yes, but you do you man.

Reminder that your third circle demons take up your intimacy slots, so if you want to make a full group of them you have to either stop loving your waifus, cuck yourself by making a soul that exists to love your waifus for you, or create a tragically doomed soul who will never fulfill its singular goal of achieving love with your waifus.

Wait you can make your own Yozi? I was always confused how drop in was implemented in the Exalted:Infernals jump. So like you make your own yozi and like your charms emulate that yozi? Or are you just your own person with your own charm set? I'm very confused.

Who cares, so long as they're cute?

No they don't. I'm reading The Path of a Thousand Whispers right now. Creating Third Circle Demons for yourself costs you nothing but motes and time.

You make a charm-set based on an Infernal who started the Devil-Tiger charms, but died before they could complete them.

You turn yourself into a babby Primordial then base charms on yourself to give yourself.

That's Devil Tiger, not the Drop-in path.

I didn't say it was a bad thing. I certainly can't say shit as I was the first one to ask for a Lunar mate import in the Infernals jump.

Now that I think about it, how is that going to work? We do not have a Lunar jump yet, and it does not make much sense for a Lunar to buy Infernal themed perks. Maybe make it a super cheap or free import and just not give them any CP?

Who is the sun in the underworld?

>This influence is mutual; the Infernal gains an Intimacy toward the demon’s Motivation, which may not be removed while the demon lives.
The max number of demons you can create is Willpower + Compassion, which is the same as the number of Intimacies someone can have.

I don't think the Underworld, assuming you mean where the Neverborn and all the ghosts are, has a sun.

I M Meen and Super Smash Bros has some glitch stuff, I think? And you might be able to become a Missingno in PMD.

Oh well I guess that makes sens?

"Allow me to interrupt myself to introduce myself"

Oh well what's the Drop-in path? I thought the Drop-in path WAS the Devil Tiger path.

The guy making Infernals said he might do Lunars after he does Raksha which are after Infernals, so he might just give us an IOU.

You do know that's an abstraction, right? That's not how it's going to work in the jump, just like how you don't get virtue dots and shit.

It actually does. They built a mockery of the loom of fate that makes time pass down there.

Or you just have more Intimacy slots than you have Third Circles. You can have (Compassion + Willpower) Third Circle demons, which is the same as your normal amount of Intimacies. But I believe there are some charms that let you have more Intimacies, let me see if I can find them.

>As well, the created spirit has an Intimacy of loyalty toward the Infernal which may never be removed. This influence is mutual; the Infernal gains an Intimacy toward the demon’s Motivation, which may not be removed while the demon lives

So, important question:

If I get caught in universal reset, I get sent to Dinosaur age... But of steel ball run? Are the pillarmen there or only Rock Humans exist in that verse?

Because pillarwomen a cute

See

Kimbery charms to the rescue! Just give them all the Motivation of fuck that thing I hate, and keep all your nice Intimacies separate from them.

It's a mechanical abstraction of the real fact that you can only care deeply about so many things at once. Just like charms that scale with Valor will work better the braver you are.

Becoming Missingno in PMD and getting one in Pokemon trainer, along with more drawbacks that give no CP, just signify how the reality considers me a problem, was the plan

The Intimacy Limit is pure mechanical stuff, people don't have a limit in how many people/places/things/events/etc they have very strong feelings about.

While there is a limit of 15 Third Circles in jump, 23 if you buy a perk so you have enough to match Malfias, you have no limit on Intimacies.

Drop-in is you have the Exaltation of someone who was going down the Devil-Tiger path, but died.

Devil-Tiger path is a set of Charms that turn you into a Primordial 2.0, new and improved on the old. Any Infernal can go down the path, but in-universe no one knows it exists.

Fair enough, I don't know much about the Underworld in-general.

The one thing Kimbery is good for.

You're a jumper. Real facts only apply to you for as long as you lack a perk to get around them.

That makes me want to ask what Caste the Lunar from the gauntlet is.

Bro I have 51 Waifus, technically 52 once Infernals comes out and I find my Lunar Mate, I already break that abstraction over my knee.

Rock Humans are dumb.

Given that Makoto is stated to not like building things and to be needy for attention? I'm guessing Changing Moon, the social-focused caste.

Mechanically, that would just get condensed into a single Intimacy of My Harem(love).

If I go through the Infernal, Solar, and a theoretical Abyssal jump, does that mean I get three Lunar mates all to myself?

No, the Pillar men wiped out their own kind because the others didn't approve of their goal to become the "ultimate being"
They existed as a small civilization.

>Not having a separate intimacy for each woman
Is like you don't even care about them as individuals.
You monster.

Depends on how they handle it. If Drop-In gives you a completely new Exaltation, you might not have a Lunar mate at all unless you import one. Also, I think Wukong is making a combined Solar/Abyssal jump.

It's no different then having an Intimacy towards your family rather than to each individual member. It doesn't mean you don't love them, that's just how Intimacies in Exalted work.

Given what I remember of someone copy-pasting the Devil-Tiger stuff in thread, is there a required way for a DT / Yozi to act? Like, do I have to be a supreme dick of some sort, or is it possible to be a laugh now good / non-dickish DT?

>women
>individuals
ha good joke

>combined Solar/Abyssal jump
Well that's disappointing to hear. I'd rather he leave off Abyssals entirely rather than half-ass them (and Solars by extension.)

No, he's just making a Solar jump. Eventually. Abyssals could be their own jump anyways.

You can act however the fuck you want, you are no longer bound by the Yozi. Hell you can design your own Act of Villainy, that gives the Yozi Torment when you do it.
Devil-Tiger Primordial is pure YOU, without the interference of the Yozi.

And Devil-Tiger is the best path of Redemption/Good Infernals.

Good Infernals who rebel against the Yozi, while still being hammy as fuck "villains" towards their enemies, was an intended path for Infernals to be allowed to take.

Probably not gonna give them xp, yeah. Exaltations are nice already.

>The guy making Infernals said he might do Lunars after he does Raksha which are after Infernals, so he might just give us an IOU.
Or this.

Though if I'm going to do Lunars too, it'll take a long while before I even start, what with two jumps being before that. Not gonna to claim anything /that/ far in advance.

Basically what Justice said.

Drop-In isn't actually a Devil Tiger path, its capstone just gives you the benefit of someone else having gone Devil Tiger before dying to hand your exaltation over to you. Sort of. Despite no one knowing of anyone doing that, and it not really being possible in the timeframe.

Basically means the Yozi can't do shit to you, and you get an custom primordial theme to make Charms off. But you don't become an actual Primordial 2.0 right off the bat...

You could do that yourself too though, and just go Devil Tiger own your own too. Then you'd have /two/ custom Charmsets and be a Primordial 2.0

It's not embodied by anyone. But there is a black sun.

Uh. Maybe?

Eh, Abyssals are basically Solars with a +300 Drawback anyway.

Guess I mis-remembered that then. Sorry.

You get to make your own Urge and Tormnets with no restrictions on what they have to be. So you can be a hero. Basically. you're supposed to base them on your personal Motivation. So you punish yourself for not acting like yourself.

Yes, and then we need some Shards of the Exalted Dream jumps for more Lunar mate goodness.
>Probably not gonna give them xp
That's fine but it should be cheap or free if it's one import with no CP.

But then what happened to the pillarmen that wiped the civilization in steel ball run? There is no Hamon there, and I thought Rock Humans were alternate version of Pillarman race.

See I am thinking of taking that perk that has the jump end only if I finish the challenge and just... Go to Phantom Blood, and with out of jump agelessness survive up to Stone Ocean, survive reset, end up in dinosaur age to waifu a pillarwoman or just have a Once in Prehistory romance Really, on the rocks? and then enjoy Steel Ball Run

I just reread your post.
I misread it originally, I'm sorry. I thought you asked if the Pillar Man were the only ones of their kind.

Which jumps have technology and computers that can survive over ten thousand years of inactivity?

So far I've got the Forerunners from Halo, the Cybertronians from Transformers, Those who came before from Assassins Creed, and the Rakta from Star Wars.

Oh, and I assume the Eldar, Necron and Imperium of Man would have some tech like that too.

It's okay.

Who wouldn't want a girl who can rearrange her body on a cellular level?

At this rate of Lunar waifu grabbing, poor Lytek must be confused why all the exaltations are going to one schmuck.

It's alright, you just need to bro it up with Lytek, he's a bro anyway.

Isn't someone working on Axiom Verge?

Exalted

The Dahak thing, Bastion (Not sure how long it was), DC and Marvel most likely. Minecraft (seeing as nothing ever degrades), Possibly something from star trek or futurama. Blame! (one of the scenarios more or less states that straight out) and also possibly Ben 10.

The obvious solution is to waifu Lytek, he would likely get a kick out of it, he always was a bit of a perv.

If we go Devil Tiger ourselves does Face of the Titans force us to still gain Limit from defying our Urge after we lose the Great Curse?