Previous Thread: >Pastebin:
pastebin.com/7sSgGVPH
mediafire.com/download/n7htcqyqk0y0acy/[WtF]The_Pack.PDF
mediafire.com/download/a1kpjrm41yzozkq/V20_Ghouls_&_Revenants.pdf

>Latest News
theonyxpath.com/v20-summer-bundle/

Promethean 2e is out
>richfags
drivethrurpg.com/product/189395/Promethean-the-Created-2nd-Edition?manufacturers_id=4261&language=en&affiliate_id=498510
>poorfags
sendspace.com/file/jwiihm

>Mage 2e Errata
drive.google.com/file/d/0BxveHUKxwBU9UUZ4UjZJdEhIM2c/view?usp=sharing

>Demon
mega.nz/#F!3ElwBRpK!pC3J0VfZr2wnUSCuRcDj_w

This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/jumping-to-mars-monday-meeting-notes/

>Question
Tell me about the worst game you ever played.

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-new-world-of-darkness/geist-the-sin-eaters/399463-will-geist-get-the-2e-treatment/page12#post958121
forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/scion/518351-ask-neall?p=956286#post956286
forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-new-world-of-darkness/mage-the-awakening/956100-threat-the-egohackers/page2#post958803
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Question
It's hard to pick one because they were all bad.

>worst gane you've ever played

It's so hard to choose, user!

>player murders an NPC in the open because he ran out of questions to ask him
>player made a gay prostitute who hit on everyone instead of followingbthe plot
>player shows up to my "gritty, low-powered hunter game" with a silver-haired ghoul on the run from her infernal masters

I have had some shit luck. All three if these were different people, by the way.

Anyone know a Discord bot that can handle CofD/NWoD dice?

Better than just rolling them and handling them yourself, that is.

I have a laptop now, but my constant typos are a result of being on my tablet.

I'm a forever ST with a crippling sense of perfectionism. All my games are my worst games.

Do Knowing and Unveiling spells require you to touch the target, if you don't spend Reach? I mean, if Seymour the Guardian is sitting at an airport and reading people at the check-in, does he cast on himself to get the proper magic senses (no Reach), or on others to download the knowledge of them (+1 Reach)? Does it vary between different spells?

No, if you want to know something about someone else you need to touch them or Reach to them

I am asking because I've been reading through homebrew Legacies, and if what you're saying is true it drastically limits what 1st Attainments they can have. Are you sure Unveiling spells need Reach? If a Mage wants to see a Ghost they can't target it before they see it, and that would mean they cast on themselves... Where did you get your info?

Seeing stuff needs no reach because you're casting it on your own eyes, extracting information from someone's brain besides your own requires touch or Reach

>cont.
I mean 11th Question Attainments use Reach for Sensory casting, but their targets don't have to be present on the scene, so that could be seen either way.

So, let's say Soul Marks and Interconnections require Reach, unless the Mage aims them by making finger guns and getting everyone uncomfortable?

>Tell me about the worst game you ever played.
probably mage
the plot went over good
it was just boring

Mesopotamianon here!
Was Gilgamesh a witch? Was Enkidu a Werewolf? What game line do you dudes think would work best for games in this era?

Don't know if you say last thread, but Werewolf had a Sumerian setting in 1e that had them as the openly-ruling divine royalty of a city-state.

Ah, yeah I did see that! Does it talk about the other game lines?

WoD, fond memories.A great introductory tool I would say for this, at least in NWoD, is Hunter: The Vigil.

Semi-regular reminder that Forgotten is best Threshold

>PtC2e is out

When did this happen? Is it any good? Promethean is my favorite game line to read about and pretend I'll ever play a game

Pretty dramatic improvement over Promethean 1e in almost every respect, unless you're allergic to weird pronouns.

Has there ever been a campaign where all the books were put into one? Every players plays one rulebook to take down a greater being ala Avengers style?

its not technically out it's stil in advance copy form
they're collecting errata before its put out on pOD

you can get the pdf now

Beast

Hey, it's the one other person who's played Geist!

PtC 2ehas been out for around a month now and is fantastic. It's much more playable, basically, and while I was perfectly happy with 1e it's now something that a group may actually try out.

I read someone's review and it seems the Atom prommies are out. Although Disquiet/related affects have been a bit weakened so that's not all bad; I can't imagine it'd be hard to just translate Nuclear bad boys over to 2e.

I don't care about pronouns at all because I'm a stable individual that won't get triggered by someone's preference.

How are the new Transmutations? Do Promethean mesh well with the current WoD in regards to other splats?

Are they still sleeper OP in splat v splat internet debates?

You're describing Monte Cook's World of Darkness, which was fucking awful.

These are personal horror games. Why would you look at that and think "superhero team-up?"

I'll have to look through the pdf dumps for that I gues.

They aren't "out", so much as just not in the core book.

I checked the records, no it's never been done, ever.

Superhero team-up was the wrong way of putting it. I was just wondering if there would be a big enough force for characters from various factions would work together to put an end to it, or seal it, or whatever.

But if it's been tried and it's awful, there's no real reason to pursue it.

Are you completely retarded or just faking it?

Can't you understand it isn't willing misinterpretation, its just reading things as they are?

And it's cool that you can use wikipedia, as a second step you could also try to learn reading.
Heracles was given shirt dipped in Nessus' blood by his last wife whose name was Deianira, Megara was his first wife. I already wrote in my previous post that he killed his family before.

>I was just wondering if there would be a big enough force for characters from various factions would work together to put an end to it, or seal it, or whatever.
yes often

As far as I understand though there's still synthetic/AI Promethean as well as Disaster Promethean in the corebook.

I think I'll buy the PDF and think of a neat Unfleshed character. Maybe based on a Malware or something. Who knows, but my day suddenly just got fifty times better.

Techno-Pinocchio soon my friends. His name will be Mal.

DaveB, what would be the color you would associate the Deviant line with? Vampire's Red, Werewolf's Brown, Mage is cyan? Promethean is white, Changeling is Green, Hunter is turquoise, Geist is Blue, Mummy is Gold, Demon is dark grey/violet and Beast is purple. Not sure what White Wolf's policy colors overlapping.

I'd Imagine a Hulk Green or maybe orange or yellow for hazmat/nuclear vibe? Or possibly even a Chrome/Silver book for slickness and things that fall under cyborgs in there. Maybe a flesh pink color for Cronenburg bodyhorror themes?

Do cyborgs fall under horror?

You can very easily implement the Zeky as a particular subgroup of Extempore. The Extempore are not a lineage, of course, but this doesn't mean that similar Extempore can't have been created under similar circumstances. It should be fairly doable to port their traits over (save for the absolutely ridiculous condition that forced them to take damage just before reaching the New Dawn).

I like flesh pink. The question is, however, IF that Alien: The Probing gameline that some folks have been clamoring over ever gets released, what would be its color?

They were exalted.

Hey, I also played Geist! As pic related!

I think it was mentioned that they might be coming in a supplement book or featured in an antagonist book or something like that.

I'd say so, they are one of the listed options for Deviant as well.

Neon green, obviously

I'd imagine Alien: The Truth is Out There would probably be a dark green or silver with neon/laser green lettering so of like how Geist is dark blue with ghostly light blue lettering.

They are working on a crossover book, though.

>Are you completely retarded or just faking it?
It's Aspel, we all know the answer to that one.

Tell me about your Bound right now god dammit

Geist, currently, sounds like the most interesting to me. Is it a first-time friendly enough game to get into?

I ran Geist and played as a Sin-eater in a crossover, Jakki.

When several people repeatedly say something that is clearly not indicated, yes, that is willfully misinterpreting it. In fact, that was kind of my point; that because of the three factors I listed, people were more likely to buy into the groupthinky mentality that SomethingAwful had (still has) about how Beast was bad and Heroes were clearly good despite everything said about Heroes being that they were shitty people.

And yes, it is so cool that I can cite Wikipedia to point out facts, but you're also right, I was completely wrong about *which* wife Hercules killed and which one he raped.
My bad.

>Promethean is white
What? It's purple. Demon's is blue. Mage's is blue. Most of them are various shades of blue.

Unfortunately not really. It was at the tail end of things for the Original White Wolf, and sort of loses out on a lot. It was also edited by a shitty website. It's not a first time game, and it would probably give you poor ideas of what WoD is like. It IS getting a remake, but I wouldn't expect to see that until 2018.

In the broad sense of the word no not really but I'm pretty sure you can make it work if you try anyway. You only live once, yeah?

When I played it, we basically just ignored the Manifestations and played a bunch of ghost helping teenagers.

Edgy Ghost Writer?

What the weirdest mortal character you've ever seen? Like before they get a supernatural splat.

Mine was when someone played more or less Casey Jones from TMNT. He probably had the most interesting pre-werewolf life, he fought a super villain drug dealer while the rest were living normal lives.

>fought a super villain drug dealer while the rest were living normal lives.
Damn. Our ST doesn't even let us put any of our stats above 3.

An eccentric and flamboyant street performing magician that was a bit of a pyromaniac that couldn't get his pet tiger to jump through a hoop of fire. His little DYI wrist flamethrowers he built (To "magically shooting fire from his hands") snagged on his poofy silk sleeves and burned him to death. His death attracted a fiery geist that made the bargain with him. He woke up in a morgue about a week later and soon saw that the trending subject on youtube was "Street Performer burns himself to death" and everyone thought he was publicly dead, so he kind of just devoted his second chance at life living under the most 80s false name I could think of, Tito Rogar. He basically ran around thinking he was a superhero and most serious people wouldn't obviously wouldn't put up with his larger than life antics. Overall was a fun character to play and look back on. He even eventually found a sidekick/partner that became his wife, after of joking of saying he wanted his own Robin (Her name was Robin for irony).

How did a street magician have a pet tiger? Or was that a metaphor?

>Not saying your death was your greatest trick

first think I wondered too
presumably he just did

Did I miss the section where Geist characters get sweet masks?

It's because they're wannabe superheroes, presumably.

My WoD superhero had a similar mask, though his was an owl.

It was my first game but it's not very good. I usually suggest folks start with Hunter or Vampire.

Well my first WoD/CofD was playing my Sin-Eater, as fun as it was admittedly I had absolutely no idea what any of the rules for them were at the time and neither did the DM. A second edition is coming, but apparently it's going to be quite different mechanically.

Going by book cover, Promethean's is like white with light purple around it. Beast is full purple.

Well he was originally supposed to be a parody of Chris Angel, David Blaine and of course Sigfried & Roy for the Tiger's sake. But basically he was Charlie Day for all intents and purposes. He did say that death was his greatest trick to someone who recognized him after the fact.

The DM and I misinterpreted a Geist's deathmask as something literally, that and he did a houserule of my Geist manifesting a mask for my Sin-Eater for appeasing it enough to give him bonuses. It did have quite a bit of charm to it. Hell, maybe Geist 2e will throw in something like that.

Your character art and the art for what I assume is the drowned are really well done.

That being said, I need to find a group willing to do WoD games. It doesn't seem as popular in the LFG threads around the internet.

>Going by book cover, Promethean's is like white with light purple around it. Beast is full purple.
The actual font and border colours are purple in Promethean.

Also, a Deathmask IS an actual mask (or other clothing; mine was a big witch hat with a face, like the Sorting Hat from Harry Potter), but it's not actually of YOUR Geist. It's more of a "defeat an enemy Geist and take their mask" sort of thing. It's the corpse of a Geist.

Deathmasks are one of the things I really hope 2e fixes. There's so many aspects of them that are dumb and barely there. Like most of Geist. What happens if I'm Psyche 1 but try to carry more a Deathmask?

The main thing I care about in Geist 2e is expanding on Sin-Eater culture. Are there krewes that everybody knows, whether still out there or as urban legends? How does the Twilight Network actually manifest beyond just a bunch of undead people on Facebook? Were the various Orphic/Cthonic mystery cults of Greece secretly krewes? I need meaty stuff like that.

I hate the krewe tier system and it didn't really even work.

Fair enough, but also yes, that was along the lines of what I meant on deathmasks being misinterpreted while we were playing the game.

Deathmasks would make for an interesting badge/gauge of synergy bond and status symbol that the 1e book seems to hold as a societal thing amongst sin-eaters. I think it would probably be far better a status symbol to hold personal strengths and bonds as a wearable symbols to awe others rather than the corpses and leftovers of other geists, ghosts and spirits. Kinda just makes me imagine it would make other Sin-Eaters uneasy since someone wearing corpses and leftovers would just as easily target themselves next.

Hell, make that an antagonist group for normal Sin-Eaters. Crazy Sin-Eaters that go into their cult beliefs from krewe making that go around to rope other people into their beliefs or they'll threaten to consume your Geist and put it in their trophy collection with the others, or use it to feed their krewe's power.

>Hell, make that an antagonist group for normal Sin-Eaters. Crazy Sin-Eaters that go into their cult beliefs from krewe making that go around to rope other people into their beliefs or they'll threaten to consume your Geist and put it in their trophy collection with the others, or use it to feed their krewe's power.
That's pretty metal.

They should rework the Krewe stuff a bit, maybe even incorporate stuff from Vampire.

Normal Krewes being beneficial to everyone within it and making for some complimentary powers, maybe sort of like how Beasts can buff other supernaturals.

Then there's Sin-Eaters/Geists that basically cannibalize/diablerize other geists, ghosts and spirits that go crazy from their Krewe bonds and become the infamous cult gangs that are likened to 1e's interpretation of them. They create great imbalance in the ghostly force for their own power trips.

Abmortals are a simple but brilliant idea, and should be better integrated into the game.

Signed.

I also kind of hope that they have some of the same ideas I did, like Synergy being treated like Harmony, and going to 10 too much means losing your Geist while being 0 means losing yourself.

>And yes, it is so cool that I can cite Wikipedia to point out facts, but you're also right, I was completely wrong about *which* wife Hercules killed and which one he raped.
>and which one he raped

>be quite well versed in Greek mythology
>not having knowledge of Heracles raping any of his wives
>open wiki
>Heracles
>ctrl+f rape
>mfw
>Aspel is idiot
>Q.E.D.

Now when know for sure that you have reading comprehension of monkey, it's not only quite obvious that majority of people would have different opinion from you on interpretation of various texts including Beast but also who is more likely to be right.

I could see 2e Abmortals being a stealth Immortals update.

>In another version of her tale, Deianira is instead the daughter of Dexamenus, king of Olenus. Heracles rapes her and promises to come back and marry her. While he is away, the centaur Eurytion appears, demanding her as his wife. Her father, being afraid, agrees. Heracles returns before the marriage and slays the centaur, claiming his bride.[9]
I actually just googled Deianira when you mentioned her, and figured I'd throw that in sarcastically.
I'll admit it's not the more common version of the story, but I was intentionally going with that one because it's clearly closer to the version Beast wants to tell, and I just wanted to piss you off (mostly the latter, I'll admit)

>something that is clearly not indicated

Maybe you should stop willfully misinterpreting.

>tfw my Mage game is basically confirmed for dead, now

>We had 2 full stories and half of a third across 8 sessions
>The characters started out barely knowing each other, having met each other within the past month and been encouraged to form a Cabal by their mentors, but purposefully kept from joining the Consilium just yet
>First story was about a not-Promethean(didn't have 2e rules yet, so I statted him as a Horror, but he was intended to be an Unfleshed) who got sent back in time to kill a little kid that his creator believed ruined his life. They melted his joints together and then disassembled him.
>Second story was about a not-Werewolf(A Gulmoth that impersonated a Werewolf, and had the players fooled until the Acanthus used Postcognition to watch the Gulmoth enter the first mass murder scene it left behind and tear people apart in a relatively human, but still monstrous form. They trapped him in a restaurant with the help of the Acanthus's mentor, then obliterated him after exploiting some info they dug up to make sure he couldn't just discorporate and reform.
>Third story wasn't intended to be a story at all; I did a short time skip and ended it with the Acanthus spotting some nimbus traces in the area of an old building with a Hallow in it, that they were planning to purchase and turn into the Cabal's sanctum
>Lots of postcognition and Focused Mage Sight from everyone ensued, with them realizing the house had a Shadowed Door on one floor, and the last session ending with them finding an Avernian Gate in the basement.
>The Door was going to lead into an extra room that had a few low-dot artifacts in it, but there was no Thyrsus so they couldn't open it without finding the Key, which was buried half-way across town
>The Gate was going to lead into a large tunnel filled with old boxes and crates that had been emptied out by a past resident, and the Moros only had 1 dot in Death so they(probably)wouldn't be able to get in

>>so they(probably)wouldn't be able to get in
>Without waiting until after the Caucus the Acanthus's mentor had invited them to, 2 days later, after which their competition for the house would also be back, because the Key was being kept in the communal Consilium Sanctum. Crates would all be empty, but there would be a strong, crazy Ghost inside, who'd busted in the Underworld-side entrance that lead out into the rest of the Depths

RIP

"Hereos are jackasses who do bad things"
>Oh my god why do you hate firemen!

You're right. People weren't at all willfully misinterpreting anything.

I figure I might as well post what we currently know of Geist 2e at the moment, by what was posted by the developer on the OPP forums:

Post #1:

>Anyhoo, Geist spoilers, eh? Hmmm... well, for now, I'll just say this: It's still fundamentally the same game about people who have died and come back thanks to the intervention of a spooky ghost-thing... but aside from that it's probably going to see the most mechanical differences compared to its first edition of any CofD game so far.

>If I had to pick two inspirational media that really nail the tone we're going for with Geist, it would be Mama and ParaNorman. Make of that what you will.

Post #2:

>(Another forum member's post): Well, I liked both of those. Will it still be relatively upbeat compared to the rest of the ChroD.

>Depends on what you mean by "upbeat." Certainly the celebration of existence is still a key part of the game, but it is also a horror game, even if that horror is less internal than in games like Vampire.

>I would say rather that it is hopeful. Every ghost story is, at its core, a tragedy--someone died, and they left something terribly important unfinished. Injustices were done and never righted. Lovers torn from one another, grand dreams thrown into the dark below to be forgotten.

>Geist is a game about looking at that state of affairs and saying "No." And then being able to back that up with action.

Post #3:

>Well, since the 2nd Edition ephemeral entities rules co-opted the term "Manifestation," bare minimum you can expect them to be called something different.

>Scion Kickstarter planned for "late August"
>August has less than a week left in it

fuck

who /scion/ here

You could just, like, link the thread.

forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-new-world-of-darkness/geist-the-sin-eaters/399463-will-geist-get-the-2e-treatment/page12#post958121

QUICK

WHICH DISNEY MOVIE LINES UP TO EACH GAMELINE

I basically played Scar from The Lion King in a Changeling chronicle once?

I am. Aztec Blood rituals are the shit. Hoping for more gods to play with.

I think the Little Mermaid works best with changeling. You know, for super obvious reasons.

>Implying anyone ever reads anything in a link

From the forum thread:

>I'll take it a step further and give you the playtest motifs, or how other Purviews' free-form magic is worked through the cultural lens of the PSP.
>Teotl: Nextlahualli
>Offerings of flowers, food, effigies, and blood empower the gods to sustain the World with miracles.

Can you link me to that?

And nobody believes random shit you greentext without a source.

Why not both?

forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/scion/518351-ask-neall?p=956286#post956286

>>Well, since the 2nd Edition ephemeral entities rules co-opted the term "Manifestation," bare minimum you can expect them to be called something different.
Technically "Manifestation" was already a 1e term, which is why that term was dumb in Geist.

> Every ghost story is, at its core, a tragedy--someone died, and they left something terribly important unfinished. Injustices were done and never righted. Lovers torn from one another, grand dreams thrown into the dark below to be forgotten.
>Geist is a game about looking at that state of affairs and saying "No." And then being able to back that up with action.
Fuck yes.

You're a good person.

>I don't mind you disagreeing with my politics, but is a thread about a magical phone app conspiracy really the best place to talk about all of this?
I giggled.

>how other Purviews' free-form magic is worked through the cultural lens of the PSP.

So if I'm reading this right, Christian beliefs are in this as well? This is interesting.

>You're the second coming of Jesus!
>And you're the second coming of Jesus!
>EVERYONE'S THE SECOND COMING OF JESUS

On OPP?

forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-new-world-of-darkness/mage-the-awakening/956100-threat-the-egohackers/page2#post958803

Yeah, I was checking my messages after going to the Geist thread

I love the suggestion that the Seers would support safe spaces and trigger warnings.
Gets across that their desire for mankind is not one of destruction and domination, but sedation.

Ignore the big scary things. They're upsetting. Smile and keep looking at the box of puppies we have here for you.

>treating Matt's paraphrase strawman as the serious opposition

That user was autism-ing over how they shouldn't be called "Heroes" and it was a bad and unfitting name for the antagonists. They were stupid but they were hardly the prime example of the arguments for Beast being shit and not conveying what it was intended to convey at all, in favor of endless smarm.

I mean it's not just Second coming of Jesus. It's interesting because you could have a Moses, or A Jacob out there doing god's bidding and suplexing angels or some shit. Like your "parent" god could be Metatron or some shit.

God that thread went to shit fast. That'll teach me to ever post anything.

Not in any of the books so far. Monotheism doesn't really play nice in a game where you're all thr children and chosen of various different gods.