How do you rationalize combat attires featuring high heels?

How do you rationalize combat attires featuring high heels?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-heeled_footwear
youtube.com/watch?v=dS2QwKRhnds
features.kodoom.com/en/iran-culture/high-heels-gift-of-iranian-soldiers-to-the-world/v/4969/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Well, first you broaden the heel so it isn't quite so unstable, and then you point to medieval knights wearing something a lot like that for the purpose of using their stirrups right.

It's fucking high fantasy. If people in heels gets your panties in a twist in a world full of magic and dragons, you have a problem.

The female Commissar wants them.

You don't tell the Commissar what to do unless you're a bigger, scarier Commissar.

/thread

If you're thinking about it in the first place you are already fucked because there is zero fucking way for it to make sense.

You either go with it, or you don't. There is no was for it to be rational.

Are they magic heels? Because "magic exists in some form" does not mean that it is being applied to make the heels actually viable.

You are a slaanesh-aligned sorceress in Black Crusade. The power of your profane god/dess keep you flying in the air while vomiting spells so you jsut don't give a fuck and wear high heels for maximum fashion. Bonus points if the heels are actually sharpened blades.
There, done.

This is fine.

But only if you're running the game.

If your GM wants to run a game set in a socially conservative dark ages backwater where everybody wears forty petticoats and a fur cloak and you turn up dressed like a combat stripper don't be offended to be shown the door.

I would say that your everyday adventurer could try but without high dex I would punish them for sprinting/attempting acrobatics.

Now someone with superhuman abilities like pic related? I think the rule of cool applies. Depends on setting ofcourse.

>excuse to post ass
I'm on to you, user.

...If you can't come up with your own rationalization, you're either playing the wrong game or too unimaginative to be allowed at the table.

It is the best ass in the history of vidya, literally needs no excuses to be posted.

Are you going into Overwatch mode?

I don't know what you mean

That's a bold claim, comrade. Do you have what it takes to back it up? Would you be up for and ass-off?

ASS-TO-ASS!

I don't, I don't allow them.
I'm fine with bikini armor or catsuits, but high heels trigger my autism super fucking bad

You can't be serious, any competitor would be just an half-ass-ed joke if faced with Bayonetta.
Assolutely delicious but still not top tier.

Magic

Maybe they're magic heels. Maybe the warrior wearing them is juts badass enough to make up for the drawbacks of high heels, and maybe that warrior will kick off her shoes when she gets really, really serious. Maybe they're really impractical but the slightly unhinged monarch of the nation really likes them.

Maybe they are magic. But that also means I'd have the PC spend all that gold enchanting it instead of putting it towards survival equipment. Should only cost about 1/2 of their WBL.

>conservative dark ages

>so called dark ages
>people sleeping naked together with other people (servants sleeping in one room despite of their gender)
>people being completely open and shameless in terms of pissing, shitting or having sex in the open

No user, just XVIII century twisted everything covering our sense of shame and sexuality.

Who cares? Whatever we play is created through the hazy glasses of modern norality. Back in the dark ages a woman wouldn't be an adventurer nor would they want to.

Just use stir up leggings

FUN FACT
DID YOU KNOW?
High heels were invented by slaughterhouse workers so they wouldn't have to stand in pools of blood.
SO: why does a fantasy character have high heels?
Because they don't want to stand in the blood of their exsanguinated enemies!

Extra combat advantage. The heel is spiky and if you kick someone in the face with it,you're driving a spike into their eye.

religious reasons.

or to boast "I'm so much better tat fighting than you I can do it in my sexy shoes"

to intimidate for the pre-combat "I'm bigger than you bucko, I clearly have an advantage"

off the top of the head reasons...

it is required for magic/it is traditional/it is a symbol of status

They are riding boots
They kinda lock heel into stirrup and give you better stability
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-heeled_footwear

I don't want to sound like a feminist, but for real fuck high heels, those things are fucking worst.

This guy beat me to it. A bit of heel is perfectly logical if the character is a cavalry soldier.

Rule of Cool as a fundamental law of the universe, no different from gravity.

Heels are just an evolution of the riding boot, I mandate that someone wearing them be proficiant in mounted combat.

Don't worry user, you don't sound like a feminist.
You just sound like a basic bitch who can't work it.

This

Just make the bitch go bare foot

Just hide them in the boots of a Castlevania protag, nobody will notice.

Literally the worst fucking board

there are much worse boards.

As an Infinity player, I pretend they don't exist because they're too much of a PITA to convert.

I'd be satisfied if it was pointed out that somebody at some point enchanted heels so that they were more stable.

And more comfortable, because heels are a fucking nightmare to walk/run around in.

I don't.

At what age do girls start wearing high heels, either regularly or for practice?

I suspend disbelief if it's in some work of fiction. I don't include them in my D&D campaign or short stories because I don't see any reason to.

Maybe the combat style the person uses relies so much on posture that high heels are actually helpful? Or maybe the person just likes to use high heels.

>ASS-TO-ASS!
youtube.com/watch?v=dS2QwKRhnds

google riding boots and then fuck off

I don't-

Not a problem for my group, even among the two women playing in it.

Heels have springs

Heels have rockets

Heels have hidden retractable blades

Also Bayonetta

Hight shoes keep you elevated above the mud and dirt on the country paths

I don't.

The character is short and sensitive about her height so she wears heels to look a bit taller.

The heroine is honorable beyond reason, so she wears high heels to cripple herself and give her enemies a fair chance to beat her.

Because the heels are actually a way of smuggling in wands. Bit awkward to fire them because you have to point your foot at your foe, but nobody expects your shoes to be built around wands of fireballs.

>I don't want to sound like a feminist
That's your problem.

CATFIGHT CATFIGHT CATFIGHT CATFIGHT

Combat Seduction. Foolish Astonishment.
When worn by a female fantasy beauty queen against a nerdy and awkward probably underaged virgin adventurer.
The later either be raped right on the spot or pierced through while straining the knob in awe.

I started wearing high heels regularly when I was about 16

I'm a guy, though

Good job not understanding suspension of disbelief.

Depends on your mom, mine started me at 14 and by 19 I loathed the fucking things

I don't know how we rationalize high heels in real life.

Makes women look taller and enhances their legs&ass

You're the tank and the extra height makes you a bigger target while the heels dig into the ground and hold you in position as the enemy wails on you.

N-no homo right?

It makes a woman's ass and thighs look better

they dont walk anyway
they use hovering 24/7

Same way they were justified in real life.

>"The high heel was worn for centuries throughout the near east as a form of riding footwear," says Elizabeth Semmelhack of the Bata Shoe Museum in Toronto. Good horsemanship was essential to the fighting styles of Persia - the historical name for modern-day Iran. "When the soldier stood up in his stirrups, the heel helped him to secure his stance so that he could shoot his bow and arrow more effectively."

features.kodoom.com/en/iran-culture/high-heels-gift-of-iranian-soldiers-to-the-world/v/4969/

/thread

The character wears them as a challenge, to limit their agility.

When shit gets serious, the heels come off.

When you go to a single-sex school but want to do Drama, someone's gotta take the female roles.

I generally took them because it meant I received the most stage time of any individual, since no one else wanted to, and it had the helpful side effect of necessitating I learn how to walk in heels just as effectively as I walk barefoot.

So they only serve a niche role for characters who are doing stuff on horseback, otherwise they're in impediment. Even then you'd want to carry a pair of regular shoes to walk and run around in.

High Heels of Blinding Lust
-5 Dexterity
+5 Charisma

They're detrimental to movement, break them off ASAP.

What if they're enchanted to boost your speed?

I've seen her get gruesomly murdered/injured in several webms, who is she?

Would you seriously argue left>right?
Because that's wrong.

Symphogeah tanoshii.

Anime is Symphogear.

She gets seriously fucked over by her 'team mates' regularly.

>as effectively as I walk barefoot

Surely that's impossible for the really high ones.

One of the main reasons people wear them is how they change one's gait.

With practice, you can walk in anything effectively as you can in flats.

I learned how to walk and even dance in ballet boots because my mistress liked them. No, I'm not a guy, but I've seen guys in them too. Some took to them better than I did.

You get used to or learn to enjoy the pain.

>You get used to or learn to enjoy the pain.

t. person who watched a history channel documentary once and has a massive boner for anything anti-victorian

they boost charisma