You are now pulling off some kind zombie apocalypse in your current setting

you are now pulling off some kind zombie apocalypse in your current setting.

how do you do it?

>Pathfinder
>Necromancer

Or

>Homebrew RPG
>Magic using BBEG mixes virology with magic in order to corrupt the genetics of any species it comes across

The Underworld is full, but they can't just close their doors. Turns out it works on a First In, First Out queue, so the oldest and maddest souls are pouring out, taking dead bodies (some being their old skeletons, some newer, fresher corpses), and basically rioting. And whenever they kill someone, that person's soul goes to the Underworld and another crazy old ghost gets vomited out into the world.

>Homebrew setting
Result of magics of the BBEG Aasimar Antipaladin creating magically-influenced areas like Wild and Dead magic zones. Anything killed or already dead becomes an undead thrall that tries to kill anything living within a certain space of it. Can also be used by BBEG & Co. as an impromptu cannon-fodder army to pester PCs.

The gods had to put a moratorium on death due to unforeseen circumstances. The living become zombies, and old zombies become other forms of undead.

Overcrowding is rampant and resources are running out as the years stretch on.

Does it have to be zombies specifically?

>you are now pulling off some kind zombie apocalypse in your current setting.

I'm not doing that because I still have an ounce of creativity left in me.

Nurgle's Zombie Plague is back.

It's Anima, OP. Umbrella Corp is an actual organization, and both The Mansion and Raccoon City are two canon in setting adventures.

The zombies still can reason, but every time they see a person that have to roll a will save and if they fail they try to eat the person.

I release the souls trapped in the gem created by my god long ago, knowing that their long restless wait is over. The souls of each of my God's followers over the past 1500 years possess the corpses of the dead and rise up to claim the world in the name of Bellophant!

>cyberpunk setting
A virus, as in, malware. In individuals with cybernetic brain implants or a completely mechanical mind with a brain upload it shuts down many cognitive abilities, and causes intense aggression

>you are now pulling off some kind zombie apocalypse in your current setting.
>how do you do it?

Stop.
Tell me players I fucked up and I'm sorry.
Quit and step down as GM.
Depending on how bad it was, I might need to remove myself from the gene pool too.

The Grim Reaper goes on strike, everybody who dies can't go to the afterlife and have to stick around in their rotting corpses. This makes a lot of people understandably angry, and the PCs have to convince Death himself to start working again.

>RIFT with zombies
nothing changes

The players hear of a great treasure in the forsaken city of Old Ulyen, once the seat of the greatest empire on the planet, now blasted into a plane of black glass during the cosmic nightmares of the Void War. They cross the plains of ash without incident, and arrive in the melted ruins of the city. They are greeted by silence, and think they are safe, until something massive starts lumbering towards them. From out of the ruins emerge hundreds of immense creatures, each made of the melded bodies of thousands of once living humans. They run, the monstrosities devouring half of them, and cross back across the planes of ash. They think themselves safe as they quiver in fear in a decrepit tavern at the edge of the plain. And then the roof is ripped off. The dead have followed, and now that they've tasted flesh, no one is safe.

... I feel like I've read this book before....

By continuing what I am doing and make them horrible meat marionettes controlled by an angry spirit in the area.

I'm doing this in my current 5e campaign. PCs are looking for an NPC's sister that got lost in the hills on the way to her wedding. Goblin raids are increasing in frequency, because something is forcing them out of their caves.... but what?

Turns out an ancient necromantic weapon the PCs have found allusion to but are completely misunderstanding. They think it's some elder god buried in the hills. Little do they know, it is a Max Brooks zombies apocalypse, instead of headshots the zombies must be burned after being killed or they will return to life at full Hit Points after 10 minutes. Also a bite infects. Not sure how to make player characters have a shot at not dying, without nerfing the plague so much that it's basically the Pathfinder infected zombie where there is a 1 in 10,000 chance of even a fucking commoner dying from it.

Look at this uptight cunt.

The fuck is going on in this gif?

Do wendigo count? Because they're already in my setting. Besides, I've already got an apocalypse going on in the form of an eternal winter with no sun. Zombies would just be redundant- and probably turn into popsicles the moment they wander outside.

Maybe some kind of person that manages to survive the cold but is so desperate for warmth they mindlessly kill anything alive to curl up inside their innards for warmth. Or something.

>Only War

I guess a nurgle zombie outbreak hasnt happened in a while...

>Cthulhu+Transhumanist Space Setting
I guess I could have Phobos and Deimos suddenly have a ghoul problem...

I don't really know how I'd make it work, because zombies aren't as much a natural accident in my setting as something that has to purposefully be caused and created, and isn't really something to be done on a large scale.

Lich ripped out part of enough people's souls to overwhelm the living I guess?

it already happened (albeit confined to a city) in my dark fantasy game. I caused it. the jury is out on whether this was intentional. I was originally trying to make something worse than zombies, but eh.

Is it better than ever?

>Homebrew mission-based Mecha campaign

I guess if I had to push zombies into a session I suppose it would work like this;

A new type of volatile infectious software emerges from East-Africa, Russia, and somewhere in the Altay Mountains simultaneously. It appears that carrier units, mostly drone swarms, transfer this software via hacking into the internal network of a "victim" Mecha.

This software causes the pilots cockpit AI to flood the pilots brain with endorphins that put them into a blind fury and hunger. At the same time the cockpit AI targets friendly units and will go out of its way to protect the drone swarm.

This should cause widespread chaos among the Western Coalition and Allied Independent Nations.

Ghouls in Call of Cthulhu aren't actually undead, though. They're cannibalistic mutants.

Nah, if you want a zombie apocalypse in CoC, you either go with "avatar of a GOO walking around causing problems" or you go with "unquiet dead for reasons". Given that you've got transhumanism and space in there, you have free reign to make it be "new planet is actually resting place of GOO, this causes problems", "retroviral engineering, this causes problems", "cybernetics eat your soul, this causes problems", "weird radiation from star, this causes problems" or even "new planet has strange parasite, this causes problems". The world is literally your oyster. Ghouls, though, ain't undead.

>Engine Heart

The head AI of the local city has drained megacycles from too many of its bot citizens. Now the bots are flooding out of the sewers, seeking to drain memory from the rest of the citizens.

>he is so uncreative that he needs to be a contrarian to dodge the question

on the other hand, if you dont like to use Zombies why even post in this thread? you are like the faggot that is so much into Fantasy that he visits sci-fi themed threads just to shit on the genre.

The "zombies" are those affected by the forest blight. They don't so much attack the living so much as they become very lethargic, and confused.

Over the course of their infection they become more and more plant like. Skin becomes a sickly shade of green, bark begins to grow beneath their skin, fingernails and hair begins to fall out, etc. Eventually they're compelled to wander towards the origins of the old capital forest.

They eventually become the trees on the outer edge of the woods. Expanding the forest and consuming the land.

I use pic related and laugh