EDH/Commander General

Clueless Chucklefucks edition

Old thread: RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface. (Outdated)
magiccards.info

Thread topic: Why is such a lazy gypsy

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_fjEViOF4JE
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/maziwreck-the-directors-cut/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/aurelia-angelic-warleader/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/23-08-16-isamaru-voltron/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/casual-olivia-10-vampire-tribal/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

CLERICS

Cheeky OP. Pretty cheeky.

Also, this.

CATBIRD LAWYERS

youtube.com/watch?v=_fjEViOF4JE

oh yeahhhh

>catbird lawyers

please sheldon don't ban Selvala 2.0
i don't have lots of ways to tutor Umbral Mantle/Sword of the Paruns in mono-green anyways

>Connect knowing what's in their hand
>Tutor up Drift of Phantasms
>Transmute into any 3 mana spell in your deck
COMBO
O
M
B
O

Holy shit I had no idea this existed

Both on the field at same time for some

HOT
O
T

SPICE
P
I
C
E

no sheldon i swear dont kill me i have the spirit of edh in mind please god

How do I build a good R/B deck? Is the main problem that Grixis/Jund are much better? I keep getting all these neat ideas, but when I try to mash them together, it just fucks up everywhere.

Grenzo doomsday

I just want that card for my frog. Should be fun to see others struggle with their mana base.

Fuuuuuck I have a Tainted Aether and Spreading Plague which I included in a stax-y deck way back in the day but I can't include them without everyone hating me off the field

Also Tainted Aether gives options which kinda sucks

The ride never ends

I did that once!

It was a Kuon, Ogre Ascendant deck

And the stack got so convoluted that I dismantled it after playing it 5 or 6 times

>Why do people hate Leovold so much

Alright, after last night's fuckfest, I'm turning Zirilan into Feldon. What kind of hotness works well with him, outside the obvious wheel effects and looting?

this too

What's the best defense against Elesh Norn in a Mono-Red Zada/Krenko deck?

Kill them before they get to 7 mana.

Artifacts. Steel Hellkite, Predator Flagship, and probably a few more I can't remember right now because I've been drinking

Wait sorry I read Elesh Norn as Iona for some strange reason

Uhhh how about you focus on ETB effects like Impact Tremors and forget about whether your shit lives or dies. You have removal spells, right?

Giving your team +2/+2

Don't let it hit the field. If it does hit the field, you need something big to get rid of it.

Blasphemous Act is pretty good, but it will totally fuck up your goblins.

You could get fancy and run Outpost Siege picking the second option, though I'm not sure why you'd prefer that over the first option.

Cinder cloud isn't bad.

Goblin Grenadiers fits your tribal pretty well.

And that's all I could find really.

This card is my wincon.

I never actually win, so it's purely theoretical.

>Meddling Mage and Nevermore on Leovold regardless if he or the color-combination is even present on the table or not

I haven't even played against him but i can already see the cheeky grin of the bastard casting him and wheeling away...

those artifacts that give creatures +1/+1 for each creature sharing creature type with it

Boros, play your own norn

Coat of Arms

so playing a Leovold deck is a "dick move", yes?

I did Mogis hand/creature hate, and it's been pretty good. It's shame that I have little against fast combatting other than MVP card Darkness
That's true, but it's perfect for creature-heavy meta.
Once someone blinked his creature on TÆ's ability on the stack without realizing that he couldn't dodge it.

I made the deck as more casual counterpart of my Hanna deck, but it's managed pretty well so far even without counterspells.

help a fella out, /edh/

Yes. Seems about as balanced as Griselbrand as commander, honestly.

Playing that knife-eared prick isn't a dick move, but be wary that you'll be the #1 target on the table. Always

What's the spiciest Glissa tech? I already have Viridian Longbow and Executioner's Capsule.

What's some Queen Marchesa tech, aside from Chandra's Ignition?

The black spellbombs are really good with her too, instant discard is always good.

I was hoping Sheldon would emergency ban him with the coming of the new set, but alas.

Also WHEN IS FOOD CHAIN GETTING A BAN

Slap a Darksteel Plate on her and Oblivion Stone?

What do you have so far? Personally, I don't really like feldon as a commander because it stuffs you into one colour, and he shines like a fucking diamond in any R/X/x decks.

In general, if I were to build it, I would make it an artifact stax deck, the same way I`d build Daretti, but with more fatties and, like you said, wheel effects. Bosh is a pretty spicy meatball because he lets you sac your artifact tokens for value after the combat phase. I would run things like Malignus, Heartless Hidestugu, and Bearer of the Heavens for cheap, easy kills. I think you could go the whole kuldotha forgemaster artifact tutoring route and be pretty successful too. Emerakul's hatcher seems like value, and you can do the whole kiki-jiki combo thing, using feldon to fish things from your yard for you. Fallen Ferromancer could be a spicy alternate win card if you really go balls deep into the stax.

Nihil Spellbomb. Myr Coretapper if you rock with charge counters.
Never. It's a fair card if you don't abuse it.
However, if it ever becomes banned, I'm hoping for Recurring Nightmare and YagBar unban

Thornbite Staff

Honestly I'm just retooling him from Zirilan, mainly because of how shockingly well he did last night. Zirilan is SUPER slow, he's 5 to cast and 3 to activate, and with all the sac outlets you're setting up to make sure your dragons don't get exiled it can drag on until he gets online

>It's a fair card if you don't abuse it.
So is every other card that has ever been banned. Cards are unfair because they get abused.
>Look, I'm only gonna use my Academy mana to pay for Chromatic Armor. It's a fair card.

I'm stuck between doing mono black stax with him or doing Horoki mono white stax.

Which is better?

I mean Hokori, dust drinker.

I wanna either pull apart Korlash or Akroma so this would help immensely in choosing.

>playing mazirek in a 4 person game
>play mazirek and grave pact into fleshbag marauder
>mazirek immediately goes from 2/2 to 9/9
Now my group is trying to ban me from playing mazirek, a bunch of salty fucks I swear.

Kuon was fun but he felt like a tier 3 commander. It wasn't easy to flip him, his ability was countered by the most basic shit like Reassembling Skeleton, and his enchantment form didn't offer any protection aside from becoming noncreature.

Depends on whether you want a cutthroat deck or a fun deck, I'd say

It was a joke. Sheldon uses the same excuse, because I think he uses it in his decks.
There are card in the banlist, that are impossible not to abuse, unless you're nerfing your whole deck for it, such as Griselbrand.

Griselbrand is easy to not abuse. Just don't activate him.

Man, so many things are abusable in some way, except maybe some vanilla creatures or like that.

Nemesis Mask. Become the enemy of all that lives, user.

Post your favorite basics

What are some good cards for EDH from C2? I feel like grabbing some packs for fun but i feel stupid cause i'm not drafting with them.

>using Memory Jar 4 times in a turn off of Daretti

I needed a cigarette after that

I got a box and opened it at the lgs whe they were drafting, the sodium content was high

That said the set is pretty meh, just buy the singles or you will be paying $4 for 20c rares, wait a few weeks when everything drops

There is a few nice edh cards like burgeoning, prelate and the new recruiter, and ghostly prison if you dont have one already

Have you posted your list here already? If it is the one im thinking of it was really great.

>5 player EDH
>Playing Nekusar against Mono-Angel Gisela, monoblack Tasigur, Ezuri, and Mizzix steal and burn
>Start off with a shit hand and little mana
>Finally get Nekusar out, pinging Mizzix down to 12 health after he combos into card draw
>Gisela player lays the smackdown on Ezuri for stealing our land and artifacts while the mono-B player shits around and pings me to 31
>Game gets shut down to a crawl by Eidolon of Rhetoric
>Gisela and her Angel squad swings me down to 13
>8 turns of slow draw and drop, Tasigur Cruxes the field
>I finish off Ezuri with Cruel Ultimatum
>Mizzix destroys all land on the field and burns the other two players for 78 damage
>Now it's just me and him
>I slowly rebuild my land base and use Elixir of Immortality to reshuffle my cards
>Get Teferi's Puzzle Box and Nekusar out
>His turn, he draws 9, loses 9, and burns me for six damage, then forks it twice
>We start laughing like madmen and shake hands
Best game of EDH I have played in months

This one?

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/maziwreck-the-directors-cut/

The khans cycle, each land changed slightly to show the changes in timelines, the swamp and forest with the overgrown ruins are especially dank

>monoblack Tasigur

Can't see shit

The dude said he was using Tasigur for the colors and delve or something

Custodi lich and palace jailer are decent

Recruiter of the guard is really strong, sanctum prelate might work in edh, you can name 2 for cyc rift

Leovold seems like a broken commander but I've yet to play against him so we'll see

There's some good reprints for edh like burgeoning

Anything is viable in my group, we are not competitive at all

>bring new deck
>it fucking steamrolls, end up going 5-0 on the night
>next time we play everyone brings a deck that is designed specifically to hose it
Worst feel

>tasigur
>mono black
>for delve

Why doesn't he just run oloro instead? If this is his first commander deck I can understand it being bad but it still blows my mind.

New recruiter is like pants on head crazy, im running it in my bant hatebears, flicker him for a hatebear erry turn and lock em' down

Yeah man that one. I copied it and tweaked it myself. So gud. Going to start work on it soon. Taking Mazirek out of my meren will free up a space to put something else in that deck too.

>Rav lands are Based
>Why couldn't I buy more Guildpact fatpacks
I wish I had full art Rav lands.

Did somebody say Rav lands?

I have never met anyone salty enough to build a deck just to shit on a specific deck I have or anyone else's deck, only grudges that last through games.
I would be honored that someone would make such an effort just because my deck won. They'd probably be mega mad though, because I have many decks and likely won't play the same next time

>Has aspergy dude in play group
>nofunallowed.bmp
>No combos, no MLD, CoP:X op as fuck apparently so custom ban list
>live out in sticks
>go to near by big city
>Sperging gotta go fast win turn 6 or get rekt fags ten times worse
>MLW I can only make big-ol-fatties.dec

Budget deck. Only half is kicking around my place. R8 before I buy. And better budget suggestions.
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/aurelia-angelic-warleader/

>Second question
>Why is animar OP in an eldrazi tribal.dec
>Hurr durr Problack and white
>Has brand new B/W deck, won't play mono blue, his G/R/B deck because he thinks only black is cappable of killing fatmen
>life is suffering
>my life is boring

What are you talking about? Your post is all over the place

>not a hearthstone alter melek
>son im dissapoint

Rate my deck plz

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/23-08-16-isamaru-voltron/

I have no idea what you just said, let alone want.
Your LGS has a burger who whines about good strategies? Why would there be a custom banlist because of one guy?
I'm guessing he's UGx cancer and an alphatard if he can force his banlist on the group

Add Skullbriar

Because it's ugly and cluttered and mechanically different.
What if you want cast the top card by other means? With alter, it doesn't get copied, only by Melek.

Sorry. I didn't feel like samefagging 3 posts in a row.

Just explain why I made a big angel tribal deck, and super budget. I know it could be tighter.

Well that's a first, someone om Veeky Forums actually liking my deck

The deck isn't exactly reanimator strong enough to warrant skullbriar

I... Gentlemen, I have found the most hilarious Chaos combo. Chaos Warp + radiate.

Chaos warp every single possible permanent that's on the field. It's hilarious fun and I can't wait to actually pull this off in an actual game.

I noticed this. You have more land recursion than creature recursion, is this because of Gitrog? I'm also surprised you don't have Attrition or From Beyond in there.

Do we have a good example of stax Queen Marchesa yet? People say that's how to play but all I've found so far are pillowforts and the like.

Unless someone has an Archetype of Endurance out and beats you to death after you tuck all your own shit like an idiot

It sure got beasty around here

Still too soon, ive been brewing mardu gudstuff, hatebears and superfriends/boardwipes im sure someone has piloted stax somewhere

Land destruction is heavy in my meta

So warp world except more shuffling.

Gotta get back into EDH and want to start from scratch. Moving to a new area with a few places to play. Each of my decks are half assed so I'm rebuilding. Here are my choices for Commanders:

-Anax and Cymede
-Anthousa, Setessan Hero
-Bosh, Iron Golem
-Dosan the Falling Leaf
-Erebos, God of the Dead
-Feldon of the Third Path
-Hythonia the Cruel
-Kongming, "Sleeping Dragon"
-Olivia Voldaren
-Sharuum the Hegemon
-Sydri, Galvanic Genius
-Talrand, Sky Summoner
-Thassa, God of the Sea
-Tuktuk the Explorer
-Uril, the Miststalker
-Daretti, Scrap Savant

You guys got any ideas? Looking for something semi competitive but also fun. Don't want to crush everyone at the table though.

Ah, I understand now.

Berserk can be sweet in multiplayer. Monarch cards spice up the game, especially the mana doubling one.

superfriends does seem real interesting too.

> someone doesnt have a permanent card on top of their library
>combo now reads "shuffle everything on your side of the field into your deck
this could happen to you and you wont like it!

>Anthousa
Wew lad

Go Olivia Voldaren vampire tribal, my wife plays it when she wants to join in edh shenanigans, this is what i made her

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/casual-olivia-10-vampire-tribal/

Its pure turn a card sideways till you win or exquisite/sanguine combo, turbo casual

Yeah i have only tested on xmage its pretty much all the walkers in mardu that make tokens, you just keep boardwiping and making tokens till you can ultimate one of the walkers and take over

Newb EDH question: Are there many mono-colored EDH archetypes? Which color has the most?

Yeah, list of all my legendaries. She's there but not exactly a contender.

I thought of Olivia tribal but it's a little bland, even with the combo. I used to have a 1v1 discard with her at the helm but it's a little too punishing for my poor opponent that sits there and waits to die.