MTG Modern General

Magic: The Gathering Modern General - Lightning Bolt. Lightning Bolt! Lightning Booolt!!! Edition

Decklists:
>mtggoldfish.com/metagame/modern#paper

Primers:
>mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/modern

old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

magic.wizards.com/en/events/coverage/gpind16/top-8-decklists-2016-08-28
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Ban Lightning Bolt.

Ban goyf

Ban Tarmobolt.

Burn players, what's your excuse?

ban goblin guide

The fuck is with all the twitch-tier shitgargling going on itt?

BAN POOPOO HEHE! AM I ONE WITH THE GROUP NOW??
Kapaface XD

HAHA WHEELCHAIR SO FUNNY! I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT CEREBRAL PALSY IS BUT I GOT HARAMBEMEMES xD

Nah cunts I'm out.

Shit general already great.

The important thing is that you are better than us.

And where in this thread did anyone mention a wheelchair? Stop projecting.

>Nah cunts I'm out.
Good.

>no memes on my Veeky Forums

You're right, it was the last thread, near the end.

What salted me was the shitty posts with reaction images at the bottom of the previous thread mocking someone with a physical disability, because that's so clever right?

Then the first posts itt, reminiscent of /lolg/, broke this camel's back.

XTH FOR VALAKEK
T
H

REPRINT Goblin Guide.

>i cant dealt with retard jokes

you should make a reddit post about it

>WAAA WAAAA BAN DREDGE ITS OVERPOWERED!
>Dredge decks not placing at any of the recent modern GPs

Lmao, plebbit on suicide watch

>Bloodghast will never go back down in price

What needs to get on and what needs to get off?

They should unban Ponder and ban Serum Visions for shits and giggles now that they finally reprinted it.

Its funny because Suicide Zoo clearly shows more results and busted t2 kills but it doesnt get nearly half the hate dredge does.

This would be great for suicide zoo.

>t3
>when shadow is already a 8/8

what?

>removes blockers and makes shadow even bigger
>not good

Okay pal :^)

On:
Nothing, unbans and reprints can fix Modern.

Off:
Stoneforge Mystic
Seething Song
Preordain
Maybe Summer Bloom for shits and giggles.

Reprint:
Counterspell
Vindicate
Innocent Blood or Ghastly Demise

That explains why you're here then, I guess.

>guys complains about how good suicide zoo is and doesnt get as much hate
>retard shows up and says x card would be good for the deck

if you are gonna make a comment out of place, at least make sure it is not ambiguous. i read as deluge would be good against suicide zoo.

upvoted

>Reprint:
>Counterspell
Had me until that.

I'm pretty sure that you could run Death's Shadow in Dredge. Run Probe and Wraith, then your fetchlands just hurt more.

How bad would it be if this guy came off the list?

The meta is pretty aggressive and I actually think most decks could deal with him and blue isn't that strong atm anyway.

>i read as deluge would be good against suicide zoo.

lol and you call someone else a retard? fucking kek mate

I mean, not in Standard, but Counterspell is at a fine powerlevel for Modern.

The only argument against it is that it simplifies deck-building for blue decks too much (if you can support the UU cost you play it, if you can't you play Leak and Remand).

Blue is basically dead in modern, though, so I don't see how this is a huge problem.

Where can I find the decklists for the top 8?

So how far higher will Goblin Guide go now that Burn is back?

You can't print it for Modern without printing it in
Standard, though.

Literally found it in less than 10 seconds. You lazy fuck. I shouldn't be enabling you but here you go.

magic.wizards.com/en/events/coverage/gpind16/top-8-decklists-2016-08-28

Print it in MM 2018 or whatever and then change the rules of the format to include all standard sets and all Modern Masters sets. Easy.

Wizards will give us Modern fodder with new cards that enter Modern without going through Standard first. Next year perhaps.

Yea you can, they just don't want to

Legacy, Vintage and other older formats get new cards all the time from sets like Conspiracy and Commander

It's always great when a deck that plays 4 Lava Spikes wins a tourna--FUCK THIS FORMAT.

Because the rules for what's included in those formats are different, and doesn't specifically require cards to have ever been in Standard.

Then change the rules for what gets to be in Modern. There problem solved.

>Rules can't be changed

>waaah he's not playing decks I like
You must be 18 to post here

Is naya burn for retards now?

Was it ever not?

If it's seemingly straightforward, it's for retards.

If it's not, it's a memedeck.

Welcome to the Modern General, I hope you'll enjoy your stay.

??????
wow that's a real shitpost.
spotted the aggro player.
oh wait it's modern, there are only aggro players...

I think he would see play as a 2-3 of. The problem is his price would sky-rocket like any card that's slightly playable in modern. Maybe he should be taken off after a bunch of reprints. Also bbe should be off the list.

Reminder to buy your sword of the meeks while no one's paying attention before Kaladesh hits.

This guy gets it
Better question: reprint when?

Its a deck that can often play itself with little need for interaction except maybe post-sideboard.

So retard or not it can top because its gud.

Reprint should have happened in MM2 but didn't
Then it should have happened in Eternal Masters, but it didn't
Then it could have been expected in Conspiracy 2 given all of the decent reprints, but it didn't

Say hello to the most expensive 1CMC red beatstick in MTG.

>we'll reprint modern staples regularly to control prices
>liliana on $100

i just LOVE wotc

>mfw I have Liliana and I don't even play her in my modern decks, I put her in Legacy Pox

why spend my money on the meme format when you can just lightning bolt your way to victory?

What do you play ?

not him, but apparently burn in modern and pox in legacy

4 Gnaw to the Bone in sideboard of Dredge
Yes/no?

Too many. Just run 2

How do you guys think merfolk is suited in the current meta? It seems to rarely top 8's GPs (yet ranked Tier 1 by mtgsalvation).

Does the deck need more interaction? Better answers? More threats?

Control prices doesn't mean keep them at acceptable levels.

dang user. you're a genius

but there are people playing lightning bolts in this format

Just be faster than them. The rate at which you turn over your deck speeds up the chance you flip over Gnaw. Besides, its not even the quantity that matters but the timing at which you play Gnaw since it does jackshit against atarka's command or skullcrack

I want to do lewd things to awoos

It's a gift, famalamb.

>Thinking Salvation knows what they're doing.

>that steep decrease in Nahiri price

b-b-but I thought she was tier 0

There's no such thing as Tier 0. The only thing above Tier 1 is the banlist.

ok so thing ascension has been doing well on the east: top 8 on japanese wmcq and on the gp.

is it a eastern meme or good deck west hasnt come around to it yet?

there have been some tier 0 decks in standard
pre-banning affinity comes to mind

so who's gonna play the anime delver deck?

>tfw just finished my play set
haha now only if dredge match up wasn't shit.

explain please

I'm Brandon Burton and this is my burn deck. I play here with my Mom and my Goblin Guide. One thing I learned after 21 years - you never know what is gonna come off the top

some guy went 11-4 with mono blue delver featuring anime sleeves
see

Not after that live streamed ass kicking that it got.

He didn't play around the SSG + Ad Nauseam, it's not the fault of the deck user.

Speaking of that deck, why isn't deprive played more? Is the land bounce really that huge of a setback for a straight counter? Especially later in games when you're usually good for mana anyway

Shocklands

Maybe the meta is too fast for it?

Most of the meta right now is aggro, so going down a land and setting you back a turn can be somewhat bad.

I'm building a Emeria Control deck.
I don't have money and I don't want to run Snapcasters. Should I play Rune Snag instead of Mana Leak?

Go for it.

Emeria is durdly as hell, it will probably be worth it late game.

modern.......pls

u n b a n
p u n i s h i n g
f i r e

Maybe someday, but right now Jund doesn't need the help. Same goes for BBE.

Unban Hypergenesis and Dark Depths.

you guys can unban anything in the format as long as I get to throw a set of Dread Returns in my dredge deck.
deal?

Life is not worth living, atleast for me.
I suck at magic, I suck at life, I will never amount to anything.

I can't even fucking change the lists I get off the internet to suit whatever meta I am playing against, because it was never meant to be.
As much as I enjoy magic, I will forever stay absolute trash tier at it, and not amount of trying to improve will ever help.
Same goes for basically anything else in life. My destiny is to jerk off to anime and browse fourchins until, finally, I decide to man up and kill myself.

Cheers

It's just a card game bro

All you have to do is have fun. If you're not having fun try looking into a new hobby. No shame in it.

>grove price skyrockets to even more absurd levels
Christ, fuck that

it's ok, wotc is planning to reprint groves in the next modern masters. at mythical

It's just not fair, you know. All these "pro" players have a gift, more or less. They understand the game in a way that we don't, and they make a fortune out of it. Same goes for everything else in life, some people are destined to become great at a certain thing.
They have families, win more money on a weekend than I will earn in months.
Because they are either insanely lucky, or they are just naturally good at it.

Meanwhile I sit in my small fucking room, unemployed, friendless, with no ambitions, no skills, no gift, nothing. I have to watch so many people accomplish so much in their young lifes, and I should be able to do that as well.
Then I look in the mirror and realize that it's all wishful thinking, that I was put on this planet to shitpost and eventually die, while everyone else enjoys life.

It's no way to live.

Just grab a videogame, man. Take a chill pill.
Magic is borderline retarded, it's just a card game.
Just go outside. I'm sure there is something you can do with your life besides tapping expensive paper.

You're articulate, youve proven that with this post. Stop being a lazy-ass self defeating fuck and actually recognize your own skills.

Deck does well. Whats your excuse for bitching about it?
They will never ban it. Its a creature and all it can do is attack, therefore its a ok in WotCs eyes.

You have serious problems to address before you worry about sucking dick at card games.

Grove the Burn Willows have the Goyf effect from Modern Masters and forward.

When you open a $200 Goyf. A Goyf never likes to be alone so many players go in search of Goyf 2-4.

Many players for MDN GR Tron, and LGC Lands will search out the Grove 2-4.

fuck off

I do not know if he was thinking on level 2 to beat all the players thinking on Level 1 by avoiding a lot of fetch dual (bolt self) scenarios, OR he was just trolling the META and he crushed 11/15 of his matchups.

Jund definitely doesnt run it, please tell me what they slot out

I seriously you live in a country where you get money to fix mental health.
For me, it is expensive as fuck, both the consult and the meds, but my family can help me for now. You should get some help.
Once you fix that and get any job, with some money you can get a fun hobby and eventually socialize with people with the same interests.

Being terrible at MTG is just a symptom of my inability to ever accomplish anything in life.
It is a game I've enjoyed since forever, but I have never been able to reach even the most basic levels of deckbuilding or playmaking.

All that is because I lack whatever is necessary to create, and fuel ambition.
There is no purpose in my life, and there never will be. Nothing will ever change, because I lack the desire to ever change anything. I'd rather write up worthless posts like this one and bathe in self-loathing.

Sometimes I really wish it were easy to move to the US, since Germany is such a shithole of a country.
But moving to the land of the free requires me to atleast know some sort of trade, which I don't.

There are people who are just incredibly, incredibly lucky. I am the exact opposite of that.