Cowboys

>Cowboys
>Ninjas
>Pirates

What do you prefer in your games if you had to pick one?

Cowboys and pirates both imply guns, and I prefer to not use guns in my games. Thus Ninjas win the day.

Alien cowboys.

They all come in so many different flavors. Any rugged individualist might as well be in the cowboy mold. Any subculture that swears loyalty to a lord and supports him with sneaky stuff in the middle of the night is in the ninja mold. Every reasonable setting with commerce has pirates. There's no way you don't already have all of these elements, if you squint a bit and really look at your setting.

My 4-year old tells me Pirates are the coolest, so I'll have to defer to the experts in this matter.

Pirates > Ninja > Cowboys

Adding pirates means whatever adventure is going in is about to get some naval action added in, and in my opinion aquatic game features are criminally underused, so pirates it is.

cowboys lose effectiveness when outside of a western

ninjas imply an eastern setting

pirates are generic enough to safely be inserted into pretty much any setting, and in a vacuum are the superior choice

Pirates I guess. They have the most options, as you can have all sorts of pirates, so long as they engage in piracy.

Cowboys a shit, the mythos a shit, their historical counterparts a shit. Just plain shit. They're fucking cow herders.

Ninjas can only be weeaboo assassins without diverging too far from what a ninja is. So why not be a spy or assassin, which can still be weeaboo or james bond or anywhere in-between?

>in a vacuum
Space pirates?

All these fags not choosing cowboy.

you realize when a cowboy's involved, he MAKES it a western, right?

Jonah Hex goes to space and becomes an alien slave? still a western

fuckin' cowboys, 'course.

Ninjas

Fuck.
Well ninjas are out because they're just meme assassins.
Pirates are fun for swashbuckling adventure.. but cowboys in an old west sort of setting is awesome..

Hmm I suppose it'd have to be pirates since there's sailing, pirating, sword fights, treasure hunts, etc. Cowboys don't have much besides fighting natives and capturing outlaws/running from the law.

Cowboys are objectively superior to both ninjas and pirates.

All three.

All of them in different places
Cowboys, if only one

gunslinging ninjas who have taken to a life of piracy on the high seas sneaking around and shooting people with silenced pistols and rifles or breaking out the swords when in close range.

Cowboys and Ninjas are very setting specific
Pirates work in any campaign that has an ocean, or large rivers.

cowboys, hands down

This

the c-men

Cowmen? or Seamen?

Cowboys.

I don't care for horses, but goddamn if I don't like to play the outlaw or Old West-type settings.

Sheepherders, assasins and bandits.

unlike the other two, ninjas actually face interesting problems

>Swashbuckling landship sand storm riding Hashashin.
Sounds pretty cool op.