Can Veeky Forums make a better version of this using RPGs?

Can Veeky Forums make a better version of this using RPGs?

Yes

sure

No.

possibly

I would love to see that game modded into a Rogue Trader game. It would be fucking perfect.

But it's dull explorations with no conflict though. You can't have a galaxy in war with an unoccupied galaxy

If it was as marketed and promised, it would make an excellent base for a Rogue Trader game. As is, I wouldnt touch it.

Though in my Rogue Trader games it was almost all exploration and only a small amount of conflict with an Eldar Corsair Lord. There's pleasure and fun in charting new worlds and exotic lifeforms.

I don't know.

The answer to 'can Veeky Forums make a better version of ...' is always no.

The games not that bad, it just isn't what they said it would be.

They stated that you were in a universe that, while populated by other players, would feel isolated because of it's vast size. Actually, it's a single player game.

They said you would have lot's of fun discovering new worlds no one had ever seen before. Turns out, the randomiser only has so many basic animal shapes and, "this on has triangular fins instead of rounded fins." only lasts so long.

The only real misstep was making a game whose "point" was to collect and trade, but make that hard to do; and to discover, but make those discoveries mostly meaningless.

Why would you want to group roleplay loniless?

If they had made it Mod-Friendly and let it open so it could be modded by fans, then it would be open to vast amounts of variety.

Traveller

Agreed. If they even opened it up now with a devkit, it would save the game from financial failure I think. People being able to make mini-verses and adding a real goal to the game would instantly make it more interesting.

We'd still miss out on the battles, factions and the like, but it could get a second life as a toolbox for modding.

No reason the mods wouldn't have that.

>Tiniverse

Myst has a system, use it.

... That's probably never gonna happen.

Friggin' Diablo 3 being Online Only.

It's like Betteridge's Law of Headlines: any headline that ends in a question mark can be answered by the word no.

The disserence is that Hello gamers doesn't have a money printing machine next door that allows them to push what they want without worrying about how the fans feel, and D3 was a disappointment to vets, but a commercial success overall.

Dorf fort + chapter master

So like Space Engineers?

Other people already more than one version. They are called Minecrafts mods, Starbound.