What system would be best for a Sleeping Dogs style campaign...

What system would be best for a Sleeping Dogs style campaign? High-flying martial arts action in the streets of a modern city type stuff? I've meddled with GURPS, but if possible would prefer something a little less crunchy, and would rather not run it in Shadowrun because then I might as well just play Shadowrun. Is there anything else that fits the bill?

Other urls found in this thread:

ambient.ca/cpunk/martialarts.html
ambient.ca/cpunk/initiative.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Feng Shui?

Feng Shui.

You could probably also modernize Legends of the Wulin if you really wanted.

Looks like it could work well, yeah. Any preference between Feng Shui and Feng Shui 2?

Hong Kong Action Theatre

Turns out I own HKAT!2, this could actually be perfect, thanks for reminding me.

In my opinion the best system for this kind of game, is the fastest system you know the best.

In my case, the game of choice would be Cyberpunk 2020. After many year as cyberpunk GM, I find the system to be very simple and intuitive. There are no feats, dice pools, action words, etc. to take care of. Everything you need is written on your character sheet and is immediately visible without having to search through the rulebook. Also, what I find interesting for a Hong Kong action setting, is that CP2020 has specific rules for martial arts (Kung Fu, Choi Li Fut, Karate, Muay Thai, Aikido...).

also suggesting Cyberpunk 2020 martial arts rules are pretty cool, although if you want a martial artist to dive past bullets a bunch it might not be the best, at least by RAW

Pretty much compulsory for Hong Kong action: ambient.ca/cpunk/martialarts.html
And this too: ambient.ca/cpunk/initiative.html

2 is a rules update for the original. if you aren't going to play crazy advanced stuff, then original feng shui is fine

feng shui is basically supposed to map john woo movies, so, eh...

I was gonna say Legends of the Wulin too. Making factions equivalents for a modern day world would actually be fairly awesome.

>Any preference between Feng Shui and Feng Shui 2?
FS1 personally. I didn't like how attributes and skills got folded together into one in FS2, and there was something about it that made it seem a worse game overall.

>Cyberpunk 2020.
That's too lethal for what OP wants and martial arts are broken in RAW (do as much damage as guns and all reliant on REF stat).

>That's too lethal for what OP wants
Do some minor house ruling for important characters. Mooks go down as soon as they get more than 8 points of damage in a single attack or they reach Mortal wound level.

>martial arts are broken in RAW (do as much damage as guns
Make martial arts do stun damage (unarmed does 1/2 damage, full only for KO/Mortal roll)

> and all reliant on REF stat).
That's pretty much the essence of wuxia.