Do chaos lords care about their cultist subjects? Would a world bearer offer guidance to the grieving...

Do chaos lords care about their cultist subjects? Would a world bearer offer guidance to the grieving? They are religious officals and leaders after all.

Of course you would be silly to think not to you naughty boy you.

Talos from Night Lords treats his serfs well. Otherwise no lol who the fuck gives a shit about cannon fodder?

Does a penguin like meatballs? theres your answer.

Kharn is a preatty cool guy

>Of course you would be silly to think not to you naughty boy you.
What does this even mean?

Who knows hunny bunny.

>Burning most of his world eater allies because they didn't want to freeze to death.
Yeah he is a fairly nice guy.

Chaos are literally designated evil, why do people keep trying to make them somehow good?

well it was cold, the guy wanted them to be warm, and look at that, they were warm for the rest of their life

He's just misunderstood

it depends on the chaos lord i guess
well the disciples of chaos wanna work toward a universe where everything is engulfed by chaos so they have to believe thats a future worth working for yeah? so at least some of them believe theyre doing the right thing

No one's trying to make them good. We're just trying to add more depth than moustache-twirling evil and idiotic berserker rage.

Do all of them? Every single one? Maybe some just want the destruction of the Imperium. Or believe in tethering chaos to humanity's will, or simply turned to chaos out of desperation for a better life.

There are just as many different ways to interact with chaos as there are people in the Imperium, if not more.

Sorry, was meant for

I'm not saying they're good guys I'm just wondering if world bearers feel more empathy toward their disciples. They are their congregation afterall. Their flock to lead in the time of comeing oblivion.

They are probably like real cults. The higher ups are only nice to the lower members if it keeps the cult together as a whole.

Except for khornates, they just kill you and then keep having more infighting than an orkish mosh pit where the two bands are singing about which god is the orkiest.

>you will never be that guy
:(

>world bearers
It's the word bearers or the world eaters, pick one

Probably you should check out Nurgle cults then, that's your best bet.

"Excuse me, I think I got wounded and I'm dying, could you stich me up?"

> AHAHAH! LET THE BLOOD FLOW FOR OUR GOD!
> *moustache twirl* well too bad you are just another pawn that is not worth saving
> O-o-u-u-u` mon` deur, this will make a fine paint, now hold that wound open over that pompous vase
> You got hurt? Fear not death my child and embrace my loving touch. Now, restored again, march endlessly and spread my love to many others.

Which one would you pick Khornefags/Tzeentchfags/Slaaneshfags? :^)

If Know No Fear is any indication, then no. The Word Bearers consider most of their mortal servants expendable, as evidenced by the scene with the tracking daemon and all those times we see cultists being used as cannon fodder and suicide bombers.

Cyrene is an exceptional case and even then, guys like Erebus don't think much of her.

my homebrew word bearer ascetic monks are voluntarist insofar as they require their serfs/mortal adherents to willingly follow the path toward chaos' enlightenment. with all their officer cadre being veterans of the long war they remember when lorgar wasn't another demon prince, they seek to emulate lorgar's being in every form - humble, contemplative, empathic, as well as his later behaviours. they also have a sharp inclination toward total spiritual idealism and so don't induct mortals who aren't genuinely religiously motivated - i.e mom's gonna freak cultists. inspiring footmen by really becoming angels is the most expedient way to ensure their cultists will do anything for them and become totally loyal

chaos is an entire spectrum of human emotion and so you could virtually justify anything

What do you mean pick one? They're seperate legions. The world bearers follow chaos undivided and the book of lorgar. The world eaters are to busy being khorne's "favorite" legion and khorne doesn't care about worship he cares about blood and skulls.

Yes, only if the cultists in question are set to becoming future CSM.

Old Chaosdex had a bit of lore of a single CSM coming to the barbarian tribes on a feudal world and helping them to smash the local ecclesiarchy. The CSM dares them to take on loyalist Astartes, promising ascension to whoever manages to kill one. By the end he has a chill convo with the teenage narrator who managed to do it, and promises to take him to the stars to be a warrior of the gods.

Care as in care they exist in large, fanatical and expendable quantity? Yes. Care as in have any concern for their feelings, quality of life, and activities outside of worship, toil and death? No.

The Word Bearer's creed is brutal and unforgiving. It takes the Primordial Powers inherent destructive qualities and venerates their power. The weak are dominated by the strong and perish, as is proper/true. Some of that might come across as manipulative coercion of cultists rather than direct brutality, but its 40K, so direct brutality is the baseline in most cases.

Only a few.

Chaos is worse than the imperium when it comes to slaves and chaos does not like middle ground or moderate. If you arent extremely pationate your best luck is common footsoldier, which is also rare.

Joining chaos is all fun and games until you realize youll never partake in any of the good stuff brcause the slaneeshi needs more skin to paint on.

Don't fall for Imperial propaganda, user. It's Chaotic Good vs. Lawful Evil.

Khorne gives you strength to fight.
Slaanesh gives you something to fight for.
Tzeentch gives you hope for victory.
Nurgle sooths your pain.

The lich tyrant calling itself "God-Emperor" consumes the souls of his followers and deny mankind's ascension to a higher plane of existence - indeed, it's apotheosis - in a bid to cling to power.

not him but it's WORD bearers, not WORLD bearers.

Kharn being "a cool guy" is a Veeky Forums meme.

Literally nothing in the lore supports it.

Word Bearers (largely) see their human followers as means to an end. Their purpose in Lorgars plan is to bring about the glory of Chaos. What happens to them in the process is none of their concern, so long as they do what they're told when they're told to do it.

The only opinions that matter to Word Bearers are those of other Word Bearers, and even then there's a lot of internal division and power plays within the Legion.

As much empathy as you feel when something falls off your fork

Blood Gorgons actually seem fairy reasonable regarding their servants, cultists and lesser soldiers. Then again, they are a minor reasonable chapter, not a huge cult.

Talos isn't Chaos though. He's just anti Imperium