Inquisitorial Penal Regiment Veeky Forums: Dangers of the Trade Edition

This is the Rogue Trader vessel, "Fable of the Warp" to the survivors of Inquisitorial regiment Theta Gamma. We have picked up your distress beacon upon planet Detrocles and are willing to offer our assistance. I repeat. This is the Rogue Trader vessel "Fable of the Warp" to any survivors of Inquisitorial regiment Theta Gamma, please respond immediately.
-----------------------------------------------------------
1d4Chan: 1d4chan.org/wiki/Campaign:Penal_regiment_designation_Veeky Forums

Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/40k_penal_regiment.

FAQ:
>What the fuck is this?
Somewhat a campaign of crack-infused free-form roleplay in the grim darkness of the far future.

>When do you guys make these threads?
Usually mondays at 4PM GMT, but they sometimes extend to Tuesdays if we got caught in the middle of something when the thread died and it was too late to make another one the same day.

>Can I join in?
Sure, just think of a character and have fun, you can find most info in 1d4chan albeit it's ussually a little bit out of date in comparison to where the threads are.

>Is there any requirement in character creation.
Not really, we've had Xeno infiltrators, Chaos infiltrators, Villains, Heroes, Normal Guardsmen, Crazed Guardsmen, Assassins, Psykers, Space Marines, Inquisitors, Squats... just think whathever and join the fun.

>Is it allowed to have more than a single character?
Yes as long as you don't use it to powerplay.

>So how you guys do the playan'?
We tend to use spoilers for OOC chat, but nothing is set in stone.
We tend to use greentexts for describing a character's actions, but again nothing is set in stone.
Use d20s for combat checks and d100s for other things you want to roll, higher Is better.
It's important to know that the regiment is now in the employ of a radical Ordo Xenos Inquisitor, with influence from an Ordo Malleus Inquisitor and under the watch of an Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor. Yes we've been through a lot of shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/dQasJ
youtube.com/watch?v=f-vBPbuzQkc
discord.gg/dQasJ)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>After a horrible ork fungus beer induced hangover the regiment's survivng troops, along with the survivors of the destroyed ship get dragged off or channeled to the docking area of the ork battle ship, in those halls is a handfull of imperial valkyres in a decent-ish condition to be driven by non-ork pilots
>With the regiment gathered in the docking halls, the only thing remaining is to wait for Kap'n Bigteef Dakkalord to break warp ravel and send the humans on their way, whenever that may happen

>untill then the imperials can keep busy by counting their losses and kicking around thieving snotlings

Discord Invite: discord.gg/dQasJ

>scoots around in a looted wheelchair untill cybernetic surgery is avalible to fix his..everything

>Mot is leaning against a crate strumming his guitar.
>youtube.com/watch?v=f-vBPbuzQkc

the first post meant that the survivors had already been dropped off on a planet... does nobody ever read the first post?

"Ahhh gods i needed that...Good morning you miserable creatures!"
>He kicks Raeg's limp head

by the way, I'm trying to get into the chat, but I've never used discord before. I've made an account, and downloaded the app for my phone, but I can't enter in

if you've made an account, using the invite (discord.gg/dQasJ) should work... I'll look into it

>scoots over to him in the looted wheelchair, using his less broken arm

Hello there, we havent talked before, i am Peepers, you may remember me from the fight with the chaos champion, i got set on fire

Shit, sorry

>shakes his hand
Mot, I'm just the entertainment, I was distracting the chaos champion with music, don't ask.
>he would smirk, thinking back on the event.

The ork ship could easily be hovering over a planet with the imperial crew sending the signal.

>Stomps into the room

Oi, humie boss !?

>The ship orbits an imperial planet, which looks very cold and white, but has dark spots all over its surface, showing life is present on the planet

I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have responded if another ship was in system.

"Mot...that name sounds familiar...were you friends with tin ma-Kerg?"

but I'll instead agree that the message was sent AFTER we're dropped off on planet. Say a day later?

>is sitting reading through some papers, probably reports from the various surviving officers. Ron looks up when Bigtoof speaks.
Hmm?

>laughs
he hated me.

So...you heard about his...passing?

He didn't hate you as much as you think he did Not.
>He'd flash a small grin as he hands the man a dataslate.

Check it out...

Dis ere planet is humie.
Yer kan uze me shipz ta fly dere, i got mo den enuff skrap from da fleet ta kom-pen-sate

Roight, now get off me ship, and if ya ever need me, juss yell "WAAARGH" in dis ere direktion of spess

>he points at the map with his gun hand

Roght, load ye boyz and fly away

>he makes a gesture to the stolen valkyres

>looks up at the man and sighs
yeah I did, damn shame, may he find peace with the Emperor and his family.

>A tall man and a even bigger ogryn enter the room
>the tall man sees the Khorne berserker's corpse
"That one will do nicely"
>The ogryn goes to pick it up

>raisiing an eyebrow Mot would take the dataslate and look at it,
what's this?

>Ron nods to the Ork
Thank you for your accommodation, Kap'n.

>Ron turns to the strange pair
I'm sorry, but that corpse is property of the Emperor's Inquisition. I had intended to give it to this Ork as a gift for his hospitality, on behalf of my Inquisitor.
>Ron smiles
So don't fucking touch it.

Throne these valks are hardly in condition to fly!

Challenge accepted.

Naw, fank you

>he grins, thinking about all the fun they had with the mutiny and party and all

Not me problem

>He leaves the room, along with his nob retuine

A recording I took a few moments before the tinman died.
>He'd press the play button upon the device.
>A few seconds later, a hastily shot video would play of Eisen playing your guitar.
>It would end moments later.

See?

"Apologies, Sir Acolyte. Introductions are in order."
>He bows
"I am lt.95, servant to the Inquisitor Moxos"
"This is Gazbah"
>he points at the ork

>Mutters "bloody Greenskins looting everything..." as she moves to check the engines of one of the Valks.

>scoots around on the looted wheelchair, beating snotlings away from the food rations with a long wooden stick

seriously! Does nobody read the fucking first post anymore!?! I'd already had a way for the regiment to escape the planet T_T

I read it. I'm just braindead and didn't understand.Sorry.

>he'd smile up at Malak and hand back the dataslate.
well that's where my guitar went, still doesn't explin the burn marks on it.

>Ron nods his head towards the pair
Name's Ron Laroque, my master is one Inquisitor Wellesley.
>he folds up the papers he was reading, and puts them in his pocket

Ron is still on the Ork ship finishing up his stuff.

Uhm-...
>Intense flashback of Eisen quite literally exploding after charging a bunch of Orks on the ship.

... it's better not to know...

"Now sir Acolyte, do understand my position. Without proper nutrition, IE the heretic's flesh...I shall die"

>As Kane
"Who the fuck are they tin man number 2?"

Well... Good news and bad news.

Good news is that the Valks will fly. Bad news is that not for long.

Will we survive untill we reach planetside?

>Ron tilts his head sideways
Cannibalism, eh? Can't say that's gonna happen on my watch. Would be a stain on my already bloodsoaked record, and I don't think Alan would be happy with me.

>To Kane
Apparently, Inquisitorial agents. Like me.

Possibly. I still have to pilot a bird that won't reach destination.

right, well at least I have my guitar back, I tend to loose my cool without it.
so I'm guessing that means we'll be landing on the planet below?

So? Just bring down what's left of the crew from that blasted Ork mess as quickly as you can!

>He'd say this between clenched and shivering teeth, as he attempts to keep warm from the planets cold and harsh environment.

In the mean time, the rest of us will set up base camp, and get that beacon working... hopefully some ship will hear it and drop in...FORESHADOW!

>needs asistance going up the transport ramp, struggling and cursing as he tries to ascend with little to no progress

It will possibly be a harsh landing, but it will make it.

>Helps him up.
Man you're a mess of wounds, are you sure you wish to board this transport? It's going to be bumpy ride.

Theta Gamma to Fable of the Warp, this is vice-admiral Sternbridge of battlefleet Ultima. I must gain passage to Kar Duniash as soon as possible. Do you happen to be headed that way?
>a bird squawking can be heard in the background

"If i had...Inquisitorial permission-would it change your mind?"
>His iron mask sends chills down Kane's spine
>There's a tube leading from his neck to a metal box on his waist
>He hands him the handwritten permission with the stamp of the Inquisiton
>As Kane
"Oh great, two living tin men"

Il buckle my belt, lets get away from theese blasted xenos and to the nearest hospital, i need new arms

>moves his butt to a seat and straps in

>Ron reads the strange document
Who was this cleared by?

Alright then...

Last call, everyone on board for pñanet fall!

>She'd tap her comms.
This is bird Oh One we're going to transport the last batch down to the surface, the valks left are in quite a bad shape, expect harsh landing over.

Planetfall*

>They board the ship(s), along with all the equippment and supplies, all of the non-characters are onboard will all the gear

"Ordo Hereticus...I hapen to be...their personal project."
>His metallic voice resonates within the room

>There would be a a rather long pause before the officer replied.

Understood "Admiral Sternbridge". We'll be there in approximately three hours.

so we're in agreeance that this chat is happening a day later right? After the regiment has been dropped off on the ice ball.

>is planetside checking over her bolter.

shipping the last batch

>yells
Get onboard, you can chat later!

>Ron frowns, and takes a step back
Lord-Inquisitor Wellesley is Ordo Malleus. He wouldn't want me to allow you to do something like this, so you're gonna have to find something else to eat, or starve.

"I'M COMING I'M COMING"
>he shoves 95 out of his way
>95
"Ugh...degenerate. As you wish, Sir Acolyte...we will take one of the dead men."

NO, YOU STAY AWAY HERETIC, GO PILOT GO!

Alright then. Seatbelts on and reminder that no eating or drinking allowed inside the ship, I don't want a second Meridian incident.

>Moments later the ships take off, heading for the camp.

>One of them's left engine explodes and crash lands next to the camp, luckily with no casualties.

Hell... How do the Orks manage to even pilot these things after modifying them?

>She manages to land on the camp as the right rotor overheats and burns out a small fire just a minute after landing.

Fuck... Need some wet towels on that rotor.

>He grabs the ship by a part and clenches to it
"YOU'RE NOT GETTING RID OF ME YOU BURNT FUCK"

>crawls out of the transporter

By the emperor, what a fall
>turns his head and looks at Kane
ah, tits
>throws a snowball at him

"You look like you could have used some snow yourself, darling"

>Malak would let out a sigh of relief, not only about not having been crushed by the crash, but for the intense heat that the fiery wreckage was giving off.

It still beats the cold out here...

>Having managed to warm up slightly. Malak would get to work, on assembling the emergency distress beacon.

I really hope this thing picks up an allied ship, and not some other xeno or chaos hulk...

enjoy atmospheric reentry!

Rolled 66 (1d100)

Stop playing and help me with this fire, love-birds!
>She's trying to put it off with some wet towels.

>Wheelchairs trough the snow and eventualy reaches the regiment's camp along with the other guardsmen from the wreckgage, carrying the supplies with them

"Me's likes the cold, me's think it feels good after burning"
>he's covered in fire
"Do you want to sees me dance?"

Uhhhh....

>He'd actually be speechless about the (Ogryns?) Lack of pain

Now I understand why Ron drinks so much...

"Izzat a yes?! YAAY! ME'S LOVE WHEN PEOPLES SEES ME DANCE"

Sir, shouldn't we try to contact the locals, just to get shelter for start?

Captain... Ordenius, right?

Any word of the medicae? Are the other Navy survivors in shape to fly or am I still the only one avaliable here?

>Removing her helmet she just happens to be the woman who gave You, Ron and Sternbridge each's respective reports.

Also I need a new ship, that valkyre is pretty much scraps now.

>finds a place where he wont freeze to death and goes to take a nap

brb

>Without looking up from the partially assembled distress beacon.

Hey, if you want to freeze to death, than go ahead.
>He'd cry out in pain as his hand recieves a minor electrical shock, before hoibg back to work.
But as far as I can tell. This place is an Ice ball through and through.

>Ron is walking by when she says she needs a new ship, and briefly stops and pulls out a piece of paper
Submit this form to the Elysian pilots. I hope you like Valkyries, because that's all it'll get you.
>Ron walks away quickly

So if I understand correctly, we are aboard the Ork/our vessel, in the system of Detrocles, and awaiting for pick up?

We just left the Ork ship, now we're all on the surface

>Prepares his dancing position
>95 stops him
"Gazbah, dearest, not now. We have work to do."
"AWWww...allzright boss"
>95 looks at Malak
"I apologize, he gets excited sometimes...and you might be?"

>He'd let out a sigh at the latest in a long line of distractions.
>He'd continue working on tue device, even as he talks.

As far as I know, you're the only one still operational.
>He'd attempt to grab a tool that was just out of reach.

And I don't think we have any other ships available.

>He'd begin to get annoyed by his failure to find the tool.

Dammit! Where is it?

Valks are nice. Our VTOLs tend to crash less often than our Cruisers with this regiment anyways.
>She takes the form

>we
no, most of us have left the Ork ship and are now on an ice ball Known as Detrocles. Where a soon to happen time skip will have the regiment picked up by an unknown rogue trader

>Reaches the tool for him and hands it over.

Well that's saddening, I expected to take some folks for a recon flight.

Rolled 15 (1d100)

>Twirls his long, waxed mustache
"Well then, see if you are up to the challenge, my sizable friend!"

>Busts some moves
rolling for moves

Careful the Admiral doesn't hear you say that... otherwise you may end up as his personal punching bag.
>He'd still be a bit ticked off by the verbal error he had made when talking to the Admiral.

>Slips on the ice, and falls flat on his back
Damnable iceball!

"Youz dance great 'umie! But... I can't dance now..."

>helps him to his feet and smirks at him.
you alright there?

There is truth to that Captain, and i don't think the fact escapes the Admiral.

Anyways we really need to get going.

>He'd look up from his partially built beacon, and towards the pilot before him.
>He'd smile before taking the tool from her hand, and getting back to work.

Thanks... now would you mind holding the onto the beacons right here?

>He'd tap his finger against a side of the beacon.

"Ugh. How rude..."

"Aside from my pride as winner of the dance seventh annual dance competition on Romerus V, I am completely fine maam."

>Rubs his bruised backside
"That's okay big guy, maybe another day."

Like this?
>She'd hold the beacon as requested, continuing her talk.
Well the admiral is an honorable man, the mere idea of lying to a report sickens him.

The Ork fought well and his ship proved a challenge, I am sure he sees him as an admirable rival.

>Ron is sitting on a camping stool, smoking a lho stick. He pulls out the folded-up papers from his pocket, and starts going through them again. He is very bored.

AS 95-sorry

And where do you suggest we go? Its ice plans to the the north and west of us. And ice and snow to the east and south of us.
>He'd switch out the tool for another one, before continueing his work.
And last I checked, none of us can generate our own heat.

Rolled 92 (1d100)

>Wakes up and stretches as far as he dares with his condition
>rolls up to the beacon and examines it as it is being built, figuring out if he could help with the construction

>peeks out from behind the ship
"Why hello there...and you might be?"

Oh, i know this design
>reaches forward and helps with the construction, finishing the beacon