Accidental Magical Girl CYOA: Everything is Fine Edition

Welcome to the Accidental Magical Girl thread!

Various worlds and multiverses have become connected together via the mysterious Overcity, a sprawling landscape inhabited by monsters and magical beings. Girls and boys endowed with their new supernatural powers can work together solving conflicts that arise!

>This is NOT a greentext adventure style CYOA with one GM and thread posting to dictate the adventure, but rather a hub thread for multiple storycrafters to use.
A majority of activity (including campaigns) instead happens in the Rizon IRC and the Discord, which is open for newbies to join.
Characters can be rolled with the CYOA's purple PDF, the Supplementary Combat System can be used for campaigns and PNP, or AMGC's blue pdf which contains its own rules for PNP campaigns alongside the rolls.

Post builds, roleplay, write stuff.

1.51 CHANGELOG (Important if you intend to update a character that was created with the CYOA writing prompt in mind): pastebin.com/ub28mT8t

CYOA Stuff:
Writefag Archive: pastebin.com/rSvTGQzP
Magical Girl Images (updated 02/26/16): mega.nz/#F!xINWxCqY!HsVA2LnU9RDMMmZieoqv9w

AMGC Character Archive:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_ugcJa0fs2KkZ-oXy7kexzqAySUzsbUJ42GydS_kV_w/
Add your character here!

RPNP Stuff:
IRC Linkboard:
titanpad.com/RWlqAHmERq
Spec Trees (spells for all 19 normal Specializations, updated often):
titanpad.com/FUjuIO6cfH

IRC on Rizon:
OOC Chat: #MGCYOA
In Character RP Pub: #TheWand&Circlet
IC Campaigns: #MGChronicle or #MGPnP
IC Shenanigans: #Overcity
IC Cafe: #MGCafe
rizon.net/chat

The Discord Server for Roleplaying and Campaigns:
discord.gg/FsuCpTJ

Early 2015 Old Thread OP Text: pastebin.com/usMM2EC7

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

orteil.dashnet.org/randomgen/?gen=xvJyAbps
pastebin.com/ZvxkyAbH
mgcyoa.azurewebsites.net/
pastebin.com/jCStZAqq
drive.google.com/open?id=11e88asWSMIIxB-iX7c5QX1j6pRcXWXAg0DTrLuOGVWo
pastebin.com/ArCvYAPt
pastebin.com/3rwLq8TT
pastebin.com/FJwNH5Fz
pastebin.com/X0Ngy7zY
pastebin.com/cTL5Ptpa
pastebin.com/LFmGNMBq
pastebin.com/cbcBUc03
pastebin.com/rSvTGQzP
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JEbdAkLV7Bimv5Bm8cYAat26KoW7om96KaRI4o8pbSI/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The CYOA's Patron Module, which determines just who bestows your character's magical abilities. But be wary, for not all of these patrons are after your best interests...

This PDF is for AMGC 1.131, used for PnP in the IRC.
>Features 10 additional powers and 20 extra perks, as well as combat actions, point buy, and more.

>Character generator for AMGC, made by Doxy using RandomGen by Orteil.
Just one click and your mahou will be finished!
orteil.dashnet.org/randomgen/?gen=xvJyAbps

>Add-Ons to AMGC Core including the Corruption, Fusion, and Puchuu docs, now in one semi-convenient spot!
pastebin.com/ZvxkyAbH

>Character sharing thing made by emperor_
mgcyoa.azurewebsites.net/

Magic overhaul by Drakon in progress. Teaser located here: pastebin.com/jCStZAqq

>Torque's Google Docs Character Sheet
drive.google.com/open?id=11e88asWSMIIxB-iX7c5QX1j6pRcXWXAg0DTrLuOGVWo

>Mirrors: pastebin.com/ArCvYAPt
>Changelog: pastebin.com/3rwLq8TT
>Previous Versions: pastebin.com/FJwNH5Fz

AMGC Corruption Module, for mechanics of a monstrous nature

The AMGC Puchuu Expansion, for the myriad creatures that seek to instruct or command most magical girls.

And lastly AMGC Fusion, dearly in need of an update. RIP Tuner perk, likely missed by few.

Introducing the MGCYOA Supplementary Combat System!

The SCS was made as an add-on to the CYOA to cover the combat side of roleplaying. It allows players to easily take characters made in the CYOA v1.5 and use them in Quests and long-running campaigns alike.

This PDF covers the basics of magical girls and sets the groundwork for future updates (which will include Patrons, DMGs, and Monster Girls).

>Addons to the SCS, currently only the Order & Chaos / Friend & Foe expansion:
pastebin.com/X0Ngy7zY

>Mirrors: pastebin.com/cTL5Ptpa
>Changelog: pastebin.com/LFmGNMBq
>Previous Versions: pastebin.com/cbcBUc03

Said Add-Ons for both the SCS and AMGC are also linked here for further convenience.

The SCS Order & Chaos, Friend & Foe expansion, for adapting patrons to SCS play, a basic bestiary, and creating dark magical or monster girl characters.

Okay, threads up. I'll ask again:

Has your character(s) ever had their heart broken? How did they react? Have they moved on?

Shite....
>1.131
Sorry, should be 1.132 now. This is the one Torque posted in the last thread, I just copy/pasted like an idiot.

Rolled 11, 5, 20, 1, 14, 16, 11, 19, 17, 1, 3, 20 = 138 (12d20)

Now that Tuner is gone, can we get rid of Fusion for good?It breaks quests and makes them not fun to play if there's a fusing couple involved.
QB doesn't approve of ot existing either.

No one cares what QB thinks

Wrong. Core tries to keep compatible with the CYOA, not to the same degree as SCS, but still up there.
I mentioned his thoughts as support but the real issue with Fusion is that it's unbalanced and breaks quests. There's no way to counter it and makes characters obsolete when a pair fuses and wipes the encounter. I can't think of any mahou shoujo anime that has fusion in it either, notice how the fusion pic is fanart?

No, we don't.
Because if something is really broken you fix, most of all if it's an idea as interesting as Fusion.

Mahou Shoujo of the End has fusion :D

Vividred Operation might be shit but at least the concept and fusion are solid.

Bump.

That's probably going too far. His opinion is worth as much as anyone else's. CYOA compatibility is still a feature of AMGC even if there isn't really a need for it to be.

If it weren't compatible newfags wouldn't be able to join.

I wouldn't say all of them couldn't, there's probably been a few that managed to make a AMGC character first instead of using the CYOA.

I remember that one guy that ended up making his character three times. I can't remember why it was three times though...

he had an origins dmg with black weapon and a unique patron which isn't supported

Every theater is haunted. If one stays after the lights have gone down and the audience has gone home, you can hear the echoes of every show performed there. The soft murmurings of those actors, their triumphant cries, their desperate sorrows, and the blood, sweat, and tears shed in silence backstage; all this makes up the heart of a theater. There is no place with more intense emotion than a live stage, and nothing which can possibly compare to the feeling of empty triumph that follows the end of a brilliantly successful show.
This theater, however, has not seen a show in a long, long time. And slowly, its emptiness has come to be filled with a different sort of sorrow. This sorrow spills the blood of others, and, even if it may once have been a part of the soul of this sanctuary of the arts, it is now too dangerous to leave alone.
I'm glad I have come upon this place in time: I can hold the place's shape, hold its position, and hold out additional influences.
However, the true burden lies upon you. Will you learn what has happened within these walls? Will you find a way to save the soul of The Chieftain? Or will it, like so many other theaters, and like so many buildings in this overcity, end up little more than an empty, haunted shell of its former self?

The Chieftain questline, coming (maybe) to an IRC near you!

had an idea at 3 AM based off of a fever dream i had once. will be around askin' for players and stuff once i actually get something written down.

Rolled 3, 10, 13, 2, 10, 1, 9, 1, 4, 8, 10, 9 = 80 (12d20)

live mothafucka

Rolled 20, 2, 13, 19, 15, 10, 14, 16, 12, 15, 10, 13 = 159 (12d20)

Rolled 1, 13, 20, 13, 4, 13, 4, 4, 17, 1, 11, 7 = 108 (12d20)

Rolled 15, 6, 11, 6, 20, 8 = 66 (6d20)

Fuck it. I've been sitting on a MGCYOA build for a long time now, this seems like the perfect chance to take it for a spin.

Rolled 7, 18, 4, 18, 4, 1, 13, 11, 15, 6, 5, 19 = 121 (12d20)

Rolled 16, 6, 6, 16, 16, 8, 12, 13, 16, 16, 2, 3 = 130 (12d20)

Never forget about bump-kun!

Rolled 10, 20, 4, 6, 15, 19, 5, 14, 14, 12, 5, 13 = 137 (12d20)

Probably still wouldn't take the cake for "oddest thing ever seen at an Animecon".

The way people are adding and removing things practically at will also makes things not all that fun.

Then vote on it. Some of these things need to be removed because they're not fun for the people playing the game, and a better option exists to replace them with.

Bump-kun! I miss you!

Only Tuner was removed, everything else is being added or changed to follow the CYOA. Twins losing their Power is something that needed to happen and Familiar was a power to coin away from if you rolled it. Big Friend and Ally getting merged was a necessary evil thanks to power gamers.
The game is more balanced now.
All of these changes were voted on and approved by the community so it's not as if one guy is out to get you.

Due to an unfortunate happenstance, Spell Creation will not be in v1.5 of the SCS. It will be in v1.6, along with a number of other mechanical improvements.

There WILL be a v1.5 version of the GM's guide, which will be put out this Friday. It will have most of the other planned content for the GM's guide, but will be missing a couple of things that still need refinement.

Maid is the best~ I want to marry her~
Thank you for the update!

Beautiful & lewd monster girls? Yes please.

Aww, so pretty!

Could one pull off a string as some sort of strange mystic weapon?

How would you handle rolling her as your fallen angel big friend?

Honestly that's more of a question for the person asking it to answer. If you can fluff X as Y weapon and you're comfortable with it, go ahead! I could make a case for strings as any type of weapon, really.

Melee: monofilament weapons.
Ranged: hybrid projectile and manipulation tool; damages by piercing or colliding like thread.
Mystic: anything symbolic works best, like creating string figures or being related to the idea of controlling a marionette.
Fist: enchanted somehow and wrapped around the arms/hands, maybe can unravel to double as a limited means of extending reach. or Stone Free

There is a character whose weapons is a doll with a soul. At that point basically anything is a weapon.

i'm glad i play characters that don't use spells

i miss all of the spell drama :^)

>all of my characters are underdeveloped or average
Probably jealous.

Somehow the bolding in the text for the Powers Invulnerable and Tentacles got lost in this update.

I don't think there were any issues with powergaming, actually. Most people never even use their allies. There was some dissatisfaction with the perks in general, though, and people were generally happy to consolidate them into one thing once QB did so in the CYOA.

>"I'll pass."

>"ME? Needing help? That's a joke!"

Rolled 3, 16, 9, 19, 4, 15, 6, 15, 19, 16, 10, 6 = 138 (12d20)

With sex..

Bump-kun! Bump-kun!

Rolled 19, 14, 16, 15, 10, 11, 4, 16, 6, 8, 17, 3 = 139 (12d20)

Rolled 7, 2, 15, 12, 3, 8, 18, 13, 17, 13, 13, 20 = 141 (12d20)

Rolled 16, 17, 5, 18, 14, 20, 13, 17, 18, 14, 19, 7 = 178 (12d20)

What does your mahou do when she's not gallantly protecting the ignorant masses from vile, corrupt monsters?

Favorite type of weapon?

Fist/Melee. Martial Arts + Weapon is a pretty longtime favorite of mine. Makes for fluid combat, too.

Purify vile, corrupt monsters. Sexually.

Becoming corrupt. Or inanimate objects. Or inanimate objects that become corrupt.

Yay, more beacon propaganda. Can we just stop with this?

Rolled 17, 13, 13, 16, 15, 20, 2, 8, 3, 13, 12, 7 = 139 (12d20)

Rolled 19, 9, 3, 1, 12, 19, 14, 4, 18, 8, 15, 1 = 123 (12d20)

Default magical girls fight monsters too you pleb

>Vile, Corrupt Monsters
Even non-Corrupt monsters fight those, though. Hell, some Corrupt monsters fight against ones that have gone too far off the deep end or have gotten too powerful.

>non-Corrupt
>monster

wtf am I reading?

MonG(rel) propaganda.

Not all monsters are born from corruption.
Some are unknown heroes, who protect the multiverse from their corrupted kin.

fingerguns

Mhmhmh.

FFS guys. I take off for a bit and people start to get all sectarian about what I think.

I dislike Fusion as a concept, bu that doesn't mean I hate the existence of the rules. If enough other people like the idea, and write rules for it, big whoop, my opinion means squat. Community project, mahous.

Fiction I apparently missed:
>Magical Girl Violet is now 3 - parts and moved to Serials.
>New Bakta and Lin, now 2 parts and also moved to Serials

Both added to the archive and moved to the correct sections: pastebin.com/rSvTGQzP

*thumbs up*

Serials might be a strong word, but I definitely have more to write for Batka and Lin together.

They are, after all, my favorites.

Anything that has multiple parts and shares characters gets filed in Serials, considering that my only two categories are Serials and One-shots.

Gotcha. Also, thanks for keeping things archived for us, QB!

she tends to her plants
thank you for adding the other stories!

>vacations to Siberia, drinks in the pub
>gambles, goes for long walks
>heals, does target practice
>absolutely nothing

Rolled 14, 6, 9, 18, 14, 7, 17, 15, 19, 18, 8, 16 = 161 (12d20)

Making more exploding talismans. She's a bit obsessed.

Rolled 1, 12, 19, 8, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 15, 20 = 120 (11d20)

dice, go

Hang out with inter-dimensional tourist while playing video games or running errands for her. That puchuu may have turned him into a girl. But it couldn't take the slacker out of her.

Seconded this. More on attack without overly focusing on your magic is for me as well.

Theresa, the Rose-Gold Marksman

Superpowers! Monster hunting! Tons of money! What's not to love about that?
So she might have... accidentally bumped into a small girl she didn't notice there. On a roof. And the railing was broken... and...
... a-all that blood... she tries not to think about it anymore.

Some puffy rabbit thing appeared and told her doing that left her town open to monster attacks, and there was no time to look for a replacement——so now she's the replacement!
It's not all bad, though. Theresa was always clever, and whatever magic that 'puchuu' rabbit worked on her made that stand out even more. Setting up traps to take monsters down just feels so satisfying! Sometimes she's a bit unnerved by how intensely enjoyable killing monsters is, but if it's this fun it can't be bad.

Still, that rabbit tends to leave details out about what she's supposed to be doing. It wasn't much at first, but she's noticing more and more that it's not telling her stuff it clearly knows...
And what are these coins? She talked to a visiting mage——those don't come around often!——and heard about these magical coins like they're just an everyday thing. The rabbit hasn't said anything about that, let alone given her any...

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JEbdAkLV7Bimv5Bm8cYAat26KoW7om96KaRI4o8pbSI/edit?usp=sharing

Combat Style:

Tracing Arc: Theresa's crossbow. Fires bolts made entirely out of metal. Even the fletching is comprised of thin metal fibers. She doesn't make them on the fly, but rather shapes them out of mundane metal purchased with her puchuu's provided mundane money. By remotely influencing the bolts' shapes, she can guide them towards her targets. If she focuses enough on a single bolt, she can keep propelling it after it has been fired and reshape it to mould around and through armor or shields.
[SCS: Ranged weapon (Mid-Range, Homing x1), Focused Fire power]

Delayed Ricochet: Theresa's favorite crossbow technique. She gathers magical power over the course of a fight and, when the time is right, forces it into any missed bolts in the environment to re-propel them at her target(s). Theresa will often miss quite a few shots intentionally, just to hit a monster from an unexpected angle later.
[SCS: Shrapnel Burst spell]

Pile Archer: A technique used infrequently and only against larger or more dangerous targets. Theresa draws anywhere from three to five bolts at once and blends them together, then fires the super-bolt with as much raw force as she can. This takes her time to set up a shot and strains her crossbow too much to be used repeatedly, but if she has the chance to focus like with her regular bolts, can deal a tremendous amount of damage.
[SCS: Power Artifact (Reinforce Shot spell), Focused Fire power]

Rolled 16, 6, 20, 1, 3, 19, 7, 8, 17, 12, 6, 11 = 126 (12d20)

Rolled 19, 14, 7, 15, 7, 19, 14, 9, 10, 15, 16, 8 = 153 (12d20)

Rolled 9, 9, 12, 6, 1, 15, 16, 10, 1, 9, 13, 12 = 113 (12d20)

Alright, which one of you did this?

> What does your mahou do when she's not gallantly protecting the ignorant masses from vile, corrupt monsters?

Well to name a few things they do in their spare time when not fighting monsters:

> Create swarms of clock work wights to terrorize the living.

> Toy with the essence of a holy white dragon.

> Run a criminal organization.

> Commit terrorism.

> Fund terrorism.

> Operate an Ice Cream Truck/Smut Wagon/Hemp Mobile.

> Command a sprawling international drug empire.

> Commit hostile business take overs.

> Blackmail senators, congressman and other public officials to do their bidding.

> Experiment on Humans.

> Experiment on things that aren't Human.

> Rule a world with an Iron Fist.

> Conquer the masses to ensure they remain "protected" from monsters.

> Set those same monsters lose in the first place to ensure their reign goes unchallenged.

> Extortion.

> Violently accost anyone standing in the way of anything listed above.

>Emilia
Cooking, Bathing, Training.
>Cara & Dia
Charging people to be protected from vile, corrupt monsters. They're gamblers, not heroes.
>Yin
Attempts to get the stick out of her partner's ass.
>Everett
Find girl. Hit on girl. Get date. Woo girl with art and music. Repeat.