M
U
R

How do I build temur into a madness deck

Temur is not for madness. It's tempo or combo

>this 3colors mean you can only play this style

are you retarded?

Anyone else been hitting PPQs?

I missed 2 PPTQs a few weekends back because of work, but I took a GW Eldrazi brew to a 42-man and placed 6th yesterday. Lost to UWR Nahiri in the swiss and in the quarterfinals. Going to make some minor tweaks for this weekend.

No you are. R, U, G do their set things. It's called the colour pie
Give me some viable madness cards in those colours

stormkirk occultist?

Disregarding the fact it really isn't that good, why would you play blue and green in a madness deck?
No discard or madness cards.

The question was a card in that color that was viable and I think a possible 2 drop draw accelerator (+given potential double strike and native trample)

The color pie means nothing. Delver of secrets is an aggro blue card
If madness is shit in legacy where you have LED, Breakthrought and putrid imp, why would it be good in Modern?

>>If madness is shit in legacy where you have LED, Breakthrought and putrid imp, why would it be good in Modern?

Twin was good in modern, yet not in legacy. Delver and storm are good in legacy, a lot less in modern.

They're different formats, with different metas, different banlists, different ideas of what the format should be, and different definitions of good and bad cards.

Not saying that madness is viable in modern, but your reasoning is a bit screwy to say the least.

Here's something to consider, if you have to ask how to make a Madness deck, you're not going to be the person who makes Madness work in Modern. If you aren't seeing something the professional missed, if you don't already have something you think could make it work, then what makes you think it could or should work? What makes you think some random on Veeky Forums is going to give you secrets that have been overlooked by everyone else?

There's not a Madness deck in Modern, and there doesn't seem to be the possibility for one to be created.

>The color pie means nothing. Delver of secrets is an aggro blue card
Based on i/s
It's within blues parameters

BEEFSLAB GATE

MTG CRATERING IN VALUE

Anybody know why this card suddenly jumped to $3?

You're trying a bit too hard.

Oh no I asked a hypothetical about a deck that isn't currently in competitive rotation

Instead let me cobble together a deck list, knowing that it's already evident to anyone who reads these threads that it's a waste of time, so that it can get ignored or "why don't you just play delver/goyf/etc"'d rather than asking a hypothetical for potential input

No, look out, I'm about to win every FNM at every local within a 5 mile radius of your house with my new temur madness deck

Yeah, I bought em out. Mono white devotion is gonna be huge in modern, trust me.

That's me. I bought them all because I just broke Modern with my new Mono White Chroma Goats deck. Remember to watch the next GP lad.

The first step to putting a deck together is to either innovate or netdeck. You can't netdeck something that doesn't exist, so get your thinking cap on and start innovating.

Wouldn't surprise me if that 5C Ziggurat memedeck had something to do with it.

Well allow me to ask then, have there been any notable double strike/hit activation combos i.e. a stromkirk occultist or is double strike best used as just "this trampler will kill you or do 15 damage to you" being thrown on haste/sac creatures i.e. spark elemental

thanks. the buyfags didnt help much, but i guess i can google the brands.

getting a custom set of sleeves from inkedgaming seems to be the best option though, since i can get w/e art i want.

Double strike + trample + infect?

nvm, inked cant be trademarked, etc.

UW D&T

>Creature (30)
4x Flickerwisp
4x Geist of Saint Traft
2x Judge's Familiar
4x Leonin Arbiter
4x Mausoleum Wanderer
4x Selfless Spirit
3x Spirit of the Labyrinth
3x Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
2x Thought-Knot Seer
>Instant (4)
4x Path to Exile
>Land (22)
4x Adarkar Wastes
1x Eiganjo Castle
2x Faerie Conclave
1x Flagstones of Trokair
3x Geier Reach Sanitarium
4x Ghost Quarter
2x Island
1x Plains
4x Seachrome Coast
>Artifact (4)
4x AEther Vial

What's the list nerd

kek

if you don't have experience buying shit from Japan (aka you're not a degenerate weeb) I recommend the shops CDJapan and AmiAmi for things that are currently in print or for pre orders. If what you're looking for is out of print then go to Mandarake or just plain old ebay.

Reminder that the next set is an artifact set that revolves around thopters. Buy your Sword of the Meeks while no one is paying attention

based.

Oh man, I wanted thopter sword to be good. Damn shame.

I ordered a foil playset for whatever silly reason ages ago.

What's the new stock Nahiri list? I'm playing a little updated Jim Davis list from June, but it still feels kinda bad.

why isnt tezzeret thopter a deck?!
REEE

a-user...

Check the recent tournament results from There are bound to be some lists in there.

>but it still feels kinda bad.
Because it is bad.

Guys, why is Engineered Explosives 40 dollars?

There's no one man enough to make it a thing.

I'm shit at building and making changes. Pros are a little better at it than me.

Oh yeah, thanks.

Between this list
mtggoldfish.com/deck/465999#paper
and this list
mtggoldfish.com/deck/466344#paper

I'm not too sure, I kinda hate visions at two but

>it did better
kek and rip in the sb is kinda fucking sad..

it really seems like it looking at those gp results.

Because it's a premium sideboardcard in general, and since the (alleged) best deck in the format, Deathshadow AggroZoo, runs 99% 1-drop creatures (1% being the occasional goyf in certain lists), it's seeing a ton of sideboard play in modern.

>GP Guangzhou
>0 Dredge decks in top 64
>GP Indianapolis
>1 Dredge deck in top 64
wtf I thought Dredge was the new busted shit in modern.

Also Storm is really popular in Asia for some reason.

If you feel bad about playing a list, you might end up playing bad. Just looking which did better isn't always an indication of which is a better list, because they could have hit different matchups on the way there. Just do the one you feel most comfortable with.

Don't you know how Dredge works? It steals tournaments when nobody is looking. Everyone is packing graveyard hate, even up to including some mainboard Relics or the odd Anafenza. It's time for Dredge to slink back into the grave and wait for everyone to forget.

Because everybody and their fucking mother mainboards some form of graveyard hate. It's getting a little ridiculous, dredge is becoming the boogeyman of modern. I've played against 5 people on xmage in a row now that topdecked grafdiggers or relic.

>deck is $160 before sleeves

my first deck was bought in pieces as it developed over time. buying it all upfront even after having to cheap out here and there is tough to swallow

Hey guy you do know there is a Modern General Thread with a higher rank because it was made on Sunday.

You are in the wrong thread

Hey guy you do know you're retarded and that thread is at bump limit

Why is dredge considered a boogeyman? Why cant Affinity be the boogeyman when it behaves the same way?

>Inherently powerful strategy that wins in an unprepared meta
>Glass cannon aggro deck that falls apart or gets crippled when faced with hate

Affinity has way more variation than Dredge does. Both Dredge and Affinity go cold when you look at them wrong. They are sensitive deck that live off the top deck (or the top 3-6 of the dredge).

BTW when I think of what sound a dog makes, I think of "Ruff (rough)" like your mother likes it.

Whats good mono-red sideboard tech against Jund? Ive been playing 8whack goblins and it does well in my local meta, but that seems to be the only really bad matchup. My current SB list is:
3x forked bolt
3x relic/ tormods crypt (i just added the relics, idk if theyre better or not yet)
2x skullcrack (i want to have more but thats all i own atm)
3x dragons claw
4x smash to smithereens

any tips?

Blood moon.

>sideboard against Jund
lol.

Blood Moon is your best bet against Jund.

I don't really think aggressive decks should run Relic over Cage.
Cage shuts them down harder, hits more decks, and costs less mana.

Hits their blood crypts -B
Hits their Raging Ravines -Threats
Hits their Overgrown Tombs -G -B

-G - B
= No Goyf, abrupt decay, Dark Confidant, IoK, Thoughtseize, Traverse the ulvenwild, and many other useful spells they have.

Money isn't (that much of) an issue for me, but fun is. What's the most fun modern deck in your opinion that would still fare well at FNM, not looking to play at a GP or anything though

Mono-U Tron if you like control decks, Infect if you like decisionmaking, Ad Naus if you like combo.

Yeah I was trying to avoid that since its got such a price tag, but I guess its the best choice

Cage wont stop a scooze though was my thinking. Crypt was my first choice since its zero mana, but relic is more versatile an lets me draw cards.

thanks m8

Ad Nauseam is cheap also:
The lands (all stars of standard esper control past)
Artifact Mana Boosts (largely ignored when in standard)
Lightning Storm (who played this card before ad nauseam?)

Living end was my first modern deck. I found it pretty interesting, and i won quite a few games with it. Shame theres so much graveyard hate though

Crypt has fallen out of favour, since exiling the graveyard once just isn't good enough anymore.

Relic is a better Crypt, but it also costs a lot of mana. The only decks that consider Relic are control-ish decks that don't have access to RiP, mainly Tron and Skred.

Cage is better for midrange and especially aggro decks, since it doesn't really hinder your mana as hard, and is more effective throughout the game.
The good news is, most decks that actually run yard hate use cage, which is useless against Living End.

The mix of tormods and relic is nice. Relic imo is good against Jund, as worst case scenario it lets you empty your hand before Lilly guts it, and cantrips later. Tormods for surge tech is cool.

I would cut a Forket bolt, as tokens is generally an alright matchup with Legion Loyalist (that third ability), and maybe I'd cut a Dragons Claw as the Burn matchup is generally 50/50 already

Try to find a good gas card to add to your sideboard, or something that's difficult for them to remove.

Hordling Outburst is a spectral procession in red that could maybe be a good option.

Pic related either dies or draws you 5 cards the next turn which might also be cool. Things that give you immediate value like Rabblemaster or Warmarshal are also alright if you can keep their goys ans scoozes low with relic.

There is about to be a lot more GY hate.

Top Decks:
Dredge (GY)
Living End (GY)
Grixis Delver (GY)
Grixis Control (GY)
Infect (Become Immense - GY dependent)
Goryo's Vengeance (GY)
Jund (Goyfs, and Grim Flayers need the GY)

Some are niche decks, but they are still GY based.

Rest in Peace (RIP), Tormod's Crypt, Grafdiggers Cage, Nihil Spellbomb, and so many GY haters. You can even go as deep as Faerie Macabre out the Eldrazi SBs.

reddit spy here

>news about new set: imgur.com/a/9cxp1

holy shit, i love this thematic

Outpost Siege

If your problem is they kill all your shit, you can use it to draw extra cards a turn and they don't really have a way to get rid of it

If the problem is you flood the board with goblins and still can't punch through, you can choose the other mode, swing in, and even your guys who get blocked still get damage through

btw, elves confirmed. should probably buy some of the elves staples

Memes?

?

Lot of things look suspiciously like they could be shockland art

The increase in grafdiggers is partially a reason living end could sweep an event. It shuts off tons of decks for 1 and typically is the only source or graveyard hate,

OPINION TIME

What are your most hated modern decks or gimmicks?

Personally I hate snapmage. You never see the fucker coming. He's like mystic snake but if he was a mage snake instead. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>B: i destroy your hand

god i fucking hate thoughtseize

>be me
>playing against grixis delver
>turn 1 inquisition
>turn 2 inquisition
>"okay this is probably it for now"
>turn 3 he snaps one back
>turn 4 he snaps the other one

whatever, it's not like i wanted a hand anyways

You realize that they have no hand either if they do this

Lingering souls is disgusting.

he's still hitting is curve nicely and had creature removal in his hand

i can only rely on topdecking a creature for so many turns

Sounds like his deck is working and yours isn't. I'm not seeing the issue here

Then explain to me what I'm doing wrong?

I play a pretty generic ur infect variant. My hand is great, 2 lands, 2 creatures (both blighted agent so not a 1 drop), 3 pump/protection spells

almost all grixis control decks run more creature removal than hand disruption, so i decide to delay my creature drops by one turn to have protection.

so he takes my creatures and i'm left with lands, spells, but no creatures. wat do?

"When I saw the player on the deck, I recognized his name from the list of undefeated players on Day 1, so I knew that he was on Mardu Burn and that he sided in Ensnaring Bridges post-board. This allowed me to bring in World Breaker Game 2, even without seeing the Bridge."

"Competitive" Magic: the Gathering tournaments.

>b-but it doesn't matter if people can see your list after day 1

I like this, not the kind of style you expect from WotC art direction anymore.

Is Mardu Burn just Bump in the Night instead of Atarka's Command?

I wonder if this is some Enemy duals of some sort, seems a lot like Tropical Islands.

every now and then they release some "old school" art. hard to find though.

yeah. no nacatl either

I'm not a fan of Nacatl in burn anyway

It seems a little like certain artists are allowed to break house style sometimes for whatever reason. Just take a look at Seb's other cards.

Then of course you have the obvious ones like Nils Hamm, Terese Nielsen, or Rebecca Guay.

Today on Xmage.

>playing emeria control
>getting fugged everygame lost all matches today
>go to standard play equipment build
>fugged by removal.dck
>Got hell as salty
>Let's play RW Burn in Modern, as you faggots only like uninteractive decks
>Proceed to brutally rape dredge, affinity, Jund, Jeskai and laugh at Zooicide

When did you realised that this format is shit and you should feel bad for keeping it alive?

I always liked Raymond Swanland

you wanna mirror match?

Around the time my deck was tier 1. I play RG tron and it should never be that dominate.

What beats burn?

>tfw shitter and lose to BR playing slivers.

Sideboards.

Leyline