Get in here, post games, miniatures, questions, whatever you like

Get in here, post games, miniatures, questions, whatever you like.

List of mini providers:
docs.google.com/document/d/1uGaaOSvSTqpwPGAvLPY3B5M2WYppDhzXdjwMpqRxo9M/edit
List of Historical Tactical, Strategic, and Military Drill treatises:
pastebin.com/BfMeGd6R (embed)
ZunTsu Gameboxes:
mediafire.com/folder/yaokao3h1o4og/ZunTsu_GameBoxes
/hwg/ Steam Group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/tghwg/

Games, Ospreys & References folders:
mediafire.com/folder/lu95l5mgg06d5/Ancient
mediafire.com/folder/81ck8x600cas4/Medieval
mediafire.com/folder/w6m41ma3co51e/Horse_and_Musket
mediafire.com/folder/vh1uqv8gipzo1/Napoleonic
mediafire.com/folder/bbpscr0dam7iy/ACW
mediafire.com/folder/bvdtt01gh105d/Victorian
mediafire.com/folder/b35x147vmc6sg/World_War_One
mediafire.com/folder/z8a13ampzzs88/World_War_Two
mediafire.com/folder/z8i8t83bysdwz/Vietnam_War
mediafire.com/folder/7n3mcn9hlgl1t/Modern

mediafire.com/folder/8tatre3vd10yv/Avalon_Hill
mediafire.com/folder/pq6ckzqo3g6e6/Field_Of_Glory
mediafire.com/folder/r2mff8tnl8bjy/GDW
mediafire.com/folder/whmbo8ii2evqh//SPI
mediafire.com/folder/ws6yi58d2oacc/Strategy_&_Tactics_Magazine
mediafire.com/folder/lx05hfgbic6b8/Naval_Wargaming
mediafire.com/folder/s1am77aldi1as/Wargames
mega.nz/#F!ZAoVjbQB!iGfDqfBDpgr0GC-NHg7KFQ

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/download/cghxf3475qy46aq/Wargaming Compendium.pdf
mediafire.com/folder/alj31go19tmpm/SAGA
mediafire.com/download/o5x6blwoczojmfr/Black Powder.pdf
mediafire.com/folder/n7jmdnlv1n0ju/Bolt_Action
mega.nz/#F!XsVD0KgT!twB1NWiFE3aKXK_O1EZ4pA
mediafire.com/download/uttov32riixm9b0/Warhammer Ancient Battles 2E.pdf
mediafire.com/download/ta7aj1erh7sap1t/Warhammer Ancient Battles - Armies of Antiquity v2.pdf
mediafire.com/download/cifld8bl3uy2i5g/Warmaster Ancients.pdf
mediafire.com/download/3emyvka11bnna1b/Warmaster Ancient Armies.pdf
mediafire.com/folder/d9x0dbxrpjg48/Advanced_Squad_Leader
mediafire.com/folder/28i9gevqws518/Impetus
mediafire.com/folder/cb83cg7ays4l1/Battleground_WWII
mega.co.nz/#!jxgCWTYD!FCp52DAqIUc-EM-TsRsWv7fB92nJ3kkzKsNcD_urI5Q
mediafire.com/folder/7b5027l7oaz05/Modelling_&_Painting_Guides
mega.co.nz/#F!C9sQhbwb!NVnD4jvUn5inOrPJIAkBhA
mega.co.nz/#F!b5tgXRwa!mzelRNrKPjiT8gP7VrS-Jw
mediafire.com/folder/eupungrg93xgb/Next_War
mega.nz/#F!SolyxarJ!GUg6zWBStfznr6BvYedghQ
mega.nz/#F!i1N3xZxL!C6fQ3Z8o2U0gtk5kdXuVcQ
lulu.com/spotlight/HistoryWargamingProject
lulu.com/shop/daniel-collins/original-edition-delta-book-of-war/paperback/product-17158134.html
deltasdnd.blogspot.co.nz/2011/09/book-of-war-core-rules.html
deltasdnd.blogspot.co.nz/2011/10/friday-night-book-of-war.html
4.bp.blogspot.com/-tRZtcaugKi8/Tqjwnt0_pmI/AAAAAAAACS4/fhIOMAsEfNg/s1600/Drummers+--+10th+Regiment+of+Foot.jpg
avalanchepress.com/Fistfight.php
mediafire.com/download/ysraple0fax4jhr/Osprey - CAM 092 - St Nazaire 1942.pdf
mediafire.com/download/knb6x7ri7t8boab/Osprey - BOR 018 - British Commandos 1940-46.pdf
mediafire.com/download/rvo2g28oviwdjj2/Osprey - ELI 064 - Army Commandos 1940-45.pdf
mediafire.com/download/h3wu87l14anhosb/Osprey - ELI 084 - Trench Warfare WWI (2) 1916-18.pdf
mediafire.com/download/o3h3swpq7i8jz6d/Osprey - MAA 478 - The Australian Army in World War I.pdf
amazon.co.uk/Anzac-Western-Front-Recollections-Infantryman/dp/184884767X
beastsofwar.com/liveblogentry/the-battle-of-adrades-at-salute-2016/
youtube.com/watch?v=zclEIWwwwu4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bliss_(image)
spielerzentrale.de/
tabletopturniere.de/lu/index.php
testofbattle.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3466&sid=931a3063ce0976fe1f6bf5ffbd9ce6b3
victoriaminiatures.highwire.com/product/riot-shields-x5
wyrdwars.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Wargaming Compendium
mediafire.com/download/cghxf3475qy46aq/Wargaming Compendium.pdf
>Saga
mediafire.com/folder/alj31go19tmpm/SAGA
>Black Powder
mediafire.com/download/o5x6blwoczojmfr/Black Powder.pdf
>Bolt Action
mediafire.com/folder/n7jmdnlv1n0ju/Bolt_Action
>Hail Caesar
mega.nz/#F!XsVD0KgT!twB1NWiFE3aKXK_O1EZ4pA
>Warhammer Ancient battles 2.0
mediafire.com/download/uttov32riixm9b0/Warhammer Ancient Battles 2E.pdf
mediafire.com/download/ta7aj1erh7sap1t/Warhammer Ancient Battles - Armies of Antiquity v2.pdf
>Warmaster Ancients
mediafire.com/download/cifld8bl3uy2i5g/Warmaster Ancients.pdf
mediafire.com/download/3emyvka11bnna1b/Warmaster Ancient Armies.pdf
>Advanced Squad Leader
mediafire.com/folder/d9x0dbxrpjg48/Advanced_Squad_Leader
>Impetus
mediafire.com/folder/28i9gevqws518/Impetus
>Battleground WWII
mediafire.com/folder/cb83cg7ays4l1/Battleground_WWII
>By Fire And Sword
mega.co.nz/#!jxgCWTYD!FCp52DAqIUc-EM-TsRsWv7fB92nJ3kkzKsNcD_urI5Q
>Modelling & painting guides
mediafire.com/folder/7b5027l7oaz05/Modelling_&_Painting_Guides
>Twilight 2000/2013 RPG
mega.co.nz/#F!C9sQhbwb!NVnD4jvUn5inOrPJIAkBhA
>Phoenix Command RPG
mega.co.nz/#F!b5tgXRwa!mzelRNrKPjiT8gP7VrS-Jw
>Next War (GMT)
mediafire.com/folder/eupungrg93xgb/Next_War
>Battlegroup
mega.nz/#F!SolyxarJ!GUg6zWBStfznr6BvYedghQ
>Fleet Series
mega.nz/#F!i1N3xZxL!C6fQ3Z8o2U0gtk5kdXuVcQ

Desired scans :
Black Powder supplements
Rank and File supplements
Harpoon 3 & 4 supplements
Hail Caesar! Late Antiquity to Early Medieval Army List
Force on Force supplements
Hind Commander
At Close Quarters
War and Conquest

Lulu's got a 25% off sale on print books right now, code MORE4YOU.

The History of Wargaming Project has some pretty neat books. You all know Featherstone, I'm sure, but Tony Bath's Ancient Wargaming has great stuff for running campaigns, in other eras as well, including commentary on his Hyboria campaign.

lulu.com/spotlight/HistoryWargamingProject

In the UK at least, 25% off seems to roughly work out as free shipping on one book, but if you buy a couple it adds up.

Also gonna quickly recommend Delta's Book of War, a wargame based on OD&D that works pretty nicely for historicals. The "gimmick" is that it's more or less OD&D, but abstracted with a 1:10 figure ratio and single d6 rolls to kill opposing figures. The creator's done all kinds of spreadsheet and simulation work to come up with something that gives you roughly the results you'd get if you played out the combat using OD&D, which... well, you may have historical quibbles with that, but I still like it.

Yes, it really does work well for a fun historical game.

He's got a shit-ton of design notes and commentary on his blog. The "core rules justifications" posts are interesting.

lulu.com/shop/daniel-collins/original-edition-delta-book-of-war/paperback/product-17158134.html

deltasdnd.blogspot.co.nz/2011/09/book-of-war-core-rules.html

deltasdnd.blogspot.co.nz/2011/10/friday-night-book-of-war.html

And yes, I know this is /hwg/ not /awg/, but I've mostly used the rules for historical play.

Reminder that the August-September /hwg/ community project is a 'Command Unit'.

I've been working on the reds and whites of my AWI 46th of foot this morning. I'm pretty happy with the results (to be honest I'm only aiming for tabletop quality...)

Still to do: Skin highlights, yellow highlights, brown highlights, metal details, bases, attach the colours.

Any advice for the GMB Designs banners? I've never used paper banners, but they were a present from Jackie.

what a shit op, no history, wrong format. Yuck

My shilling of lulu looks even worse now. I assumed while I was posting, OP would have posted the history bits?

Oh well. On this day in history, soldiers grumbled about food, onions were not for the Austrian dogs, and an officer couldn't read a map.

I think the normal OP might be antipodean, as he tends to post really early in the morning/late at night British time.

I'm downing drushes for a bit. This cunt gets the prize for the most ridiculous uniform I'm prepared to attempt painting. Based it on 4.bp.blogspot.com/-tRZtcaugKi8/Tqjwnt0_pmI/AAAAAAAACS4/fhIOMAsEfNg/s1600/Drummers+--+10th+Regiment+of+Foot.jpg

I don't want to be too critical, but the yellow looks a little uneven, as if it is being applied straight over black, or some other really dark colour*. You might want to try building it up from brown through tan up to yellow, it would make it look more even and a little "warmer"like in the image you linked. In the same way you might want to build the white up from buff and only use white as a highlight.

Either way the command squad are looking good.

*alternatively it could be that they look a little over washed?

Ah, John Curry's books. You can also get them on Amazon with free shipping.

I'm not so about his books, though. The reviews for them suggest they are cheaply done old 70s/80s era wargame rules republished with Lulu/ Createspace.

>I assumed while I was posting, OP would have posted the history bits?

Sorry anons, I was out long before the last thread finished and have only just got home. The last one moved so fast I didn't have time to prepare anything. I'm very sorry I missed out on that WW1 wargaming discussion because I've literally spent the past twelve hours preparing a presentation on the NZ Division's first action on the Western Front - it's the centenary in a few weeks. Now I really want to do an Anzac career profile for Through the Mud and Blood.

Anniversary-wise August 30th is famous for Tannenburg 1914, where the colossal rout of the Czar's forces saved East Prussia from invasion. The real story here is the hatred between two Russian generals - Paul von Rennenkampf and Alexander Samsonov - basically resulting in them sabotaging themselves. But this antipathy was NOT due to a fight on a railway station during the RJW, as legend insists! Read more here: avalanchepress.com/Fistfight.php

There's also the fascinating Battle of Lake Poyang, a massive clash of Chinese tower ships during the fall of the Yuan Dynasty in 1363. It must have been a hell of a spectacle as the Ming fleet secured their future in one of the largest naval battles ever.

Meanwhile the 31st has the 1813 fall of San Sebastian during the Peninsula, the last big siege of that campaign; and the 1918 Battle of Mont Saint-Quentin, where the Australian Expeditionary Force won one of their last and greatest victories.

I am indeed Antipodean, but I do keep very odd hours. Today was an exceptional and exceptionally long deviation from my norm. Normally I would have had something posted by now - but I must say it is always nice to see someone else give it a go.

You a kiwi too?

For the D-Day they are a bit too early with the cap comforters, but for the St Nazaire raid, they are perfect, thanks user!

>Tony Bath's Ancient Wargaming has great stuff for running campaigns, in other eras as well, including commentary on his Hyboria campaign.

Bath was one hardcore grog, even the other old-timers considered him extreme. He was all about 40mm flats, which pretty much nobody before or since has ever bothered with. From the 70s to the 90s you couldn't open a British wargaming mag without a writeup on the latest installment of the wars in Hyboria, it was really stirring stuff as a kid and budding player. Naturally he used the same minis (can you call flats "minis"?) for his ancients wargaming, and he really was the godfather of that subject. Recently the original flats he used way back in the day were found by his old wargaming club, and dusted off for a whole new era of fighting.

Chur bro. I know there's also a Dunedin-user around here too, I think he's one of our resident gamemakers.

That was me too! We did a post on St Nazaire - the greatest raid of all - a few months back, have you had a look through these?

mediafire.com/download/ysraple0fax4jhr/Osprey - CAM 092 - St Nazaire 1942.pdf
mediafire.com/download/knb6x7ri7t8boab/Osprey - BOR 018 - British Commandos 1940-46.pdf
mediafire.com/download/rvo2g28oviwdjj2/Osprey - ELI 064 - Army Commandos 1940-45.pdf

Also Don Featherstone dedicates a whole chapter to it (and wargaming WW2 commands in general) in his Complete Wargaming.

>We did a post on St Nazaire - the greatest raid of all - a few months back, have you had a look through these?
Not yet, but will do now, thanks again!

>3 of us in the country
>still too far away to play

rip

Black undercoat -> Brown basecoat -> White Basecoat -> Yellow Basecoat -> Black Wash -> Yellow Highlights -> White piping.

It's half being overwashed, half my ten year old paints (especially the Flames of War yellow, which is greenish. .

I always loved the battle of St Quentin Canal, what about Mont St Quentin?

Never wash yellow with black. Light brown maybe, but NEVER black.

brown white yellow is an odd order, and I'd avoid black wash in favour of sepia or brown if you can, but if the yellow is already a slightly greenish colour it's probably that mostly.

>people do basecoats and different colored undercoats

I just do multiple thin layers, wash, layer raised bits, highlight. Done.

Whatever works best for you though I just hate the idea of missing a spot and another colour shining through.

The British Fourth Army's commander, General Henry Rawlinson, described the Australian advances of August 31 – September 4 1918 as the greatest military achievement of the war. During the battle Australian troops stormed, seized and held the key height of Mont Saint-Quentin (overlooking Péronne), a pivotal German defensive position on the line of the Somme.

The Allies were pursuing the Germans, and the greatest obstacle to crossing the Somme River in pursuit was Mont Saint-Quentin which, situated in a bend of the river, dominated the whole position. Its location made it an ideal observation point, and strategically, the hill's defences guarded the north and western approaches to the town.

Australian forces faced the German 51. Korps, part of 2. Armee, under General Max von Boehn, comprising the 5th Royal Bavarian Division, 1st Reserve Division and 119th Division. The German 94th Infantry Regiment (part of 4. Reserve-Korps) was also involved in the battle.

The offensive was planned by General John Monash; Monash planned a high-risk frontal assault which required the Australian 2nd Division to cross a series of marshes to attack the heights. This plan failed when the assaulting troops could not cross the marshes. After this initial setback, Monash manœuvred his divisions in the only free manœuvre battle of any consequence undertaken by the Australians on the Western Front.

Australians of the Second Division crossed to the north bank of the Somme River on the evening of 30 August. At 5 am on 31 August 1918, supported by artillery, two significantly undermanned Australian battalions, charged up Mont St Quentin ordered by Monash to 'scream like bushrangers'. The Germans quickly surrendered and the Australians continued to the main German trench-line. In the rear, other Australians crossed the Somme by a bridge which Australian engineers had saved and repaired.

The Australians were unable to hold their gains on Mont St Quentin and German reserves regained the crest. However, the Australians held on just below the summit and next day it was recaptured and firmly held. On that day also, 1 September 1918, Australian forces broke into Péronne and took most of the town. The next day it completely fell into Australian hands. In three days the Australians endured 3000 casualties but ensured a general German withdrawal eastwards back to the Hindenburg Line.

Looking back after the event, Monash accounted for the success by the wonderful gallantry of the men, the rapidity with which the plan was carried out, and the sheer daring of the attempt. In his Australian Victories in France, Monash pays tribute to the commander of the 2nd Division, Major-General Charles Rosenthal, who was in charge of the operation. But Monash and his staff were responsible for the conception of the project and the working out of the plans.

The Allied victory at the Battle of Mont Saint Quentin dealt a strong blow to five German divisions, including the German elite 2nd Guards Division. As the position overlooked much of the terrain east of Mont St. Quentin, it guaranteed that the Germans would not be able to stop the allies west of the Hindenburg Line (the same position from which the Germans had launched their offensive in the spring). 2,600 prisoners were taken at a cost of slightly over 3,000 casualties. Three Victoria Crosses were won.

mediafire.com/download/h3wu87l14anhosb/Osprey - ELI 084 - Trench Warfare WWI (2) 1916-18.pdf
mediafire.com/download/o3h3swpq7i8jz6d/Osprey - MAA 478 - The Australian Army in World War I.pdf

I finished An ANZAC on the Western Front recently, where the writer spoke about this event in great details as he was there - no small achievements from the Australians, they were feared for a reason. I can recommend the book wholeheartedly, and in case anyone really wants it, I can uplaod it, but it's 0.99 for a Kindle version from Amazon.

amazon.co.uk/Anzac-Western-Front-Recollections-Infantryman/dp/184884767X

Lesson learnt re: washes.

I wetbrush everything brown, because I'm lazy and it's a subtle build up from black and a decent base for skin etc. White then gets wetbrushed on almost everything, then I begin caring. Perhaps I'll do a weak brown wash later to try and save it.

Shall I buy new paints and brushes or scenery (specifically trees) next?

I mean i think your system is fine, just some bad washing on the yellow. I feel im the weird one because if I want a certain colour Ill just paint multiple layers of that colour rather than base and undercoats

I'll do it your way with colours that colour well but if I want yellow I'll go brown tan tan mixed with yellow and then yellow. The less I have to paint with our yellow the better as far as I'm concerned

Either that, or use ochre as a basecoat.

Newfag here, any gamers from Luxembourg ? Or anyone who knows someone doing historicals in Luxembourg ?

>/hwg/
>no "historical stuff happened this day"
>no themed edition
>no writeup of said edition

What sad times we live in.

I think this thread is 'Entitled Faggots Ruining the Comfiest Thread' edition.

hey OP

Plus some constructive feedback on some guys neato wip

It's but all bad!

We got a delayed write up here I guess I'll do the 'on this day'

> 30th of August in Military History:
> 1363 – Beginning date of the Battle of Lake Poyang; the forces of two Chinese rebel leaders, Chen Youliang and Zhu Yuanzhang, are pitted against each other in what is one of the largest naval battles in history.

> 1590 – Tokugawa Ieyasu enters Edo Castle.

> 1799 – The entire Dutch fleet is captured by British forces under the command of Sir Ralph Abercromby and Admiral Sir Charles Mitchell during the War of the Second Coalition.

> 1813 – First Battle of Kulm: French forces are defeated by an Austrian-Prussian-Russian alliance.

> 1813 – Creek War: Fort Mims massacre: Creek "Red Sticks" kill over 500 settlers (including over 250 armed militia) in Fort Mims, north of Mobile, Alabama.

> 1862 – American Civil War: Battle of Richmond: Confederates under Edmund Kirby Smith rout Union forces under General Horatio Wright.

> 1896 – Philippine Revolution: After Spanish victory in the Battle of San Juan del Monte, eight provinces in the Philippines are declared under martial law by the Spanish Governor-General Ramón Blanco y Erenas.

> 1897 – The town of Ambiky is captured by France from Menabe in Madagascar.

I think this is only the third or forth time in two years that someone else started one, so for me it's something of a treat.

I like to think I have a trademark in always posting a picture with my posts, not to mention I never use the term "faggot", so you can always spot me that way.

Oh. Well back in the old days the [s]trains[/s] posts ran on time :v

Turns out a lot of shit happened today, Part the Second:

> 1914 – World War I: Germans defeat the Russians in the Battle of Tannenberg

> 1917 – Vietnamese prison guards led by Trịnh Văn Cấn mutiny at the Thái Nguyên penitentiary against local French authority.

> 1918 – Fanni Kaplan shoots and seriously injures Bolshevik leader Vladimir Lenin. This, along with the assassination of Bolshevik senior official Moisei Uritsky days earlier, prompts the decree for Red Terror.

> 1922 – Battle of Dumlupınar: The final battle in the Greco-Turkish War ("Turkish War of Independence").

> 1940 – The Second Vienna Award reassigns the territory of Northern Transylvania from Romania to Hungary.

> 1942 – World War II: The Battle of Alam el Halfa begins.

> 1945 – Hong Kong is liberated from Japan by British Armed Forces.

> 1945 – The Allied Control Council, governing Germany after World War II, comes into being.

> 1945 – The August Revolution ends as Emperor Bảo Đại abdicates, ending the Nguyễn dynasty.

> 1963 – The Moscow–Washington hotline between the leaders of the U.S.A. and the Soviet Union goes into operation.

> 1991 – Dissolution of the Soviet Union: Azerbaijan declares independence from Soviet Union.

> 1995 – Bosnian War: NATO launches Operation Deliberate Force against Bosnian Serb forces.

> 1998 – Second Congo War: Armed forces of the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) and their Angolan and Zimbabwean allies recapture Matadi and the Inga dams in the western DRC from RCD and Rwandan troops.

> 1999 – East Timor votes for independence from Indonesia in a referendum.

> 2014 – Prime Minister of Lesotho Tom Thabane flees to South Africa as the army allegedly stages a coup.

Jesus, busy day today.

Continued to paint some more Fireforge minis today.

I have to say, some of their faces are a real joy to paint, while others were sculpted in a way that makes it extremely hard to paint and highlight properly.
Next time i assemble these i'll try to avoid the "bad" head options to save me some trouble.

I meant the OP of this thread. I can recognise you, youre polite about everything except /awg/

Can someone postsome pictures of black powder games. Todays been a rough day, my dog had to get put down after being run over.

>I think this is only the third or forth time in two years that someone else started one

Fourth probably because I did two and I think I remember at least two more by other people (including this one)

>I think this is only the third or forth time in two years that someone else started one, so for me it's something of a treat.
I started one about 2 years ago, and basically you are welcome

But really good effort, you are 'the' man

Sorry to hear user. Here are some pics of a game we played in 2014.

Whoops, 2013. And it was Rank&File, not Black Powder, but it doesn't change much.

Check the Camp Cromwell blog, they do some good AARs and update pretty frequently.

We used to have an user from there post in these threads, haven't seen him in a while though.

Aw man

Have a squizz at this

beastsofwar.com/liveblogentry/the-battle-of-adrades-at-salute-2016/

I commanded the French, and as we didn't bother with points, just to try the game out (it was our second game I think), my opponent had some better troops (British Grenadiers, Scots Greys) against me, so in the end I lost the battle.

We played on a club-day, and the only available table was the smaller winter one, and we had to play on that, even if our armies weren't based for winter.

Thanks guys. Right now I just wanna get lost in men doing fights.

cold diggety

Try to paint some stuff, it usually helps.

I agree painting is great. I paint most days, if only a little bit, but I go to my local club on average once every 6-8 weeks.

Don't forget, Shit on a Shingle was eaten, and complained about.

Those elephants look majestic and I would be honoured to play with them. There's nothing wrong with more 2D figures - I know a couple of MDF companies sell flat figures.but nowhere near as detailed as actual cast ones.

I made a hill for my 3mm stuff today. Not hard but i remember seeing them at my club when i was 14 If only i still had a club and i remember being so impressed by them. I feel kinda proud of myself.

>No pictures

??

its 2am man. Plus its just a standard sanded block of hard polystyrene painted then flocked. Nothing special.

youtube.com/watch?v=zclEIWwwwu4

I unironically love that photo.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bliss_(image)

I´m in Eartern Germany. Too far away, sadly.

Doubt you´ll find anything here because statistics, but search more local. Chances are there´s some sort of nerd shop somewhere around. A Games Workshop, at least. Probably something else. Where I live there´s another general Veeky Forums shop that focuses on boardgames host plenty of wargames, and a pub that doubles as monthly Veeky Forums meeting point, but that´s stuff you gotta scan for. Try checking cultural magazines and scanning them thoroughly (a Medieval-themed pub with metal and celtic music? Guaranteed Veeky Forums meetings. That´s how I discovered that one), checking out university billboards, and keeping your eyes open for tournaments or conventions.

Here´s a couple websites that might help you. The first one´s to find players and I don´t think it´ll do much for you, though hey, it´s worth a try. There´s a handful of people from Luxembourg, it seems. The second link lists tournanemts, and already in the front page you can see there´ll be some stuff taking place in Luxembourg in the near future.

spielerzentrale.de/
tabletopturniere.de/lu/index.php

Acoustic ceiling tiles plus a wire brush make for nice cliffs if you want to make a hill with an impassible side

testofbattle.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3466&sid=931a3063ce0976fe1f6bf5ffbd9ce6b3

Short of snipping some plasticard, where can I get ballistic shields for 28mm models?

victoriaminiatures.highwire.com/product/riot-shields-x5

I think anvil industries make some as well, I found some clear resin riot shields a while ago but I can't remember where.

Zinge also make them.

Void 1.1 plastics also have a range of basic dudes with plastic shields

Can anyone think of a historical skirmish game that has swords/melee weapons, bows/crossbows and maybe early muskets? Preferably looking at mordheim style 10 figures a side type thing.

Try Lion Rampant?

Early muskets? You're probably looking at FIW stuff, maybe a bit earlier, or the European equivalent period. Pike & Shot & Zombies might be a bit too early... and zombiey... but it does do a lot of Mordheim-type stuff.

I only know about it because the PDF was free a while back as part of a halloween thing.

isnt that game shit?

No, actually. It's good, and cool.

I've even got a picture of the rules here.

How about reading the rules and trying the game yourself instead of repeating a meme you picked up somewhere.

No, the game is not shit.

Yes, there are a few flaws.
One i particular (unit activation) pissed of a certain poster in here who ranted about it and that sparked the "its shit" meme.

The rules should be in the OP, read them.

>It's good, and cool.
Mediocre at the very best.

It's pretty good. Too many figures for that guy though, unless you went with hit points instead of figure removal.

Yeah Im looking for skirmish scale, maybe with campaign rules.

Five Knight on the Road or Chevauchee, maybe.

Anything that has rules in the OP?

Have you tried just looking through rules in the OP and seeing what you like instead of asking, as everyone seems to, to be spoonfed what someone else likes.

Sometimes you find things you didn't even know you were interested in and bam, new figure collection.

Check the Ganesha Games section of the Wargames folder.

Song of Blades and Heroes might do ya, it's a bit generic though so if you want lots of period flavour you'll have to do the work yourself.

someone just upload chevauchee for the poor guy

Anyone know if there's a 20mm FAMAS being made. OKB used to make a sprue of 10, but they're out of print.

If we're still doing the command base challenge I've managed to make a tiny bit of progress. Got some bases. And did a tiny bit of painting. The command unit is now looking roughly like this, though I'm not going glue anything down yet. Could do with a good generic banner for the standard bearer, not sure if I want to paint one or print one.

I can understand why people don't do that. People tend to skip over huge OP posts for generals because it's a big wall of text.

And there's so many games in the download folders that it's a lot of work to trek through and pick out what is suitable.

Work a bit on straightening the lines out, otherwise I like them.

The project ends or turns over or whatever around the 16th. I pocked my head into a model train shop today out of curiosity, picked up some brushes, found out there was a card minimum and 'accidentally' bought a bunch of tree armatures and foliage...

..so I don't mind if the next project is scenery. Or civilians. Or animals. Or boring arse units I can't normally be bothered to paint.

In terms of feedback, your knights are looking good, but also a bit... as a group? Different shades of blue on the armour. Are some meant to be painted blue, others blued steel? Because ie. Maximilian harness is a lot... richer and darker. And green reins, is that a period colour scheme?

Not being mean, just wondering about your palette choices.

Latest on the command group attached. I might finish them this evening and them move on to the Injuns. Downloaded Last of the Mohicans for some motivation.

Some armour is indeed blued metal, other armour is painted. The green and other reigns and the like is taken from period artworks, there's bit of it find-able in various images along with other colours, lots of red and blue too.
Also it's a mid-1400s Gothic harness not Maximillian. :^)

Trying to, shaky hands not helping. I think I should be drinking something alcoholic rather than caffeinated before painting, that usually works.

>Trying to, shaky hands not helping
My hands are shaky too, just be sure to put your arms down on either a table or if not possible, your legs to make ti stable.

Any ECW skirmish games?

This.

Elbows on the table mang

I've only seen Maximilian coloured harnesses that have survived the Victorian scouring pads :) Froissart illustrations show a range of colours for the 1470s, so fair enough.

Still, I have no idea how I'd go about painting this kind of armour.

Just flat black with a coat of gloss would do, surely?

That or paint a dark metal colour and then hit with multiple layers of black ink. Actual black ink not like a dark brown/black that is. That'd do it.

Am sure there's a mod for Sharpe Practice I've seen go around, probably from the same source as the war of the roses one.
Also, though I'd never normally recommend it as a rules set, Warhammer English Civil War has skirmish stuff in it. And being Warhammer 4th edition based, it's actually pretty suitable if somewhat old style now and a bit clunkier than it needs to be.

Muskets and Tomahawks maybe?

M&T is doable, but it might be a bit shallow when it comes to melee and equipment. No armour rules, for example.

wyrdwars.com/ perhaps?

Will look into muskets and tomahawks maybe itll fit

wyrdwars just seems to be mordheim in which case its too fantasy for me

>Will look into muskets and tomahawks maybe itll fit
I dont THINK it will, it's very much geared towards the latter half of the 18th century in NA and as such isn't early muskets, there are no crossbows.

It sounds like you want something closer to the 30 years war pike and shot era, which sadly I can't help you with, but I'm not sure M&T is what you want. Especially without some modding.

What about Ronin? I've never actually played it myself but how many minis does that typically involve?

Thats unfortunate. I honestly just wanna play roving bands of mercenaries or soldiers on their way to war or just local militias going at it with sword and crossbow and musket and whatever they have.

Song of Blades and Heroes?