So apparently a series of campaign books focusing on the 13th Black Crusade is in the works...

So apparently a series of campaign books focusing on the 13th Black Crusade is in the works. The "Traitor's hate" is the first one of the series. Finally we are getting some plot progression.

So what's your predictions for this progress? Will the final outcome be the traitors finally breaking Cadia or will the Imperials throw back the traitors and stop the End Times before it even starts.

Warhammer 40000 : The End Times.

Have fun.

Yesterday they came for fantasy and you said nothing because it didn't effect you.

Today they come for you and there is no one left to help you.

They are not doing the 40K End Times. They just progressing the timeline a bit and resolving a few plotlines.

>J..Just moving the plot a little, nothing much will change

>If anything it will lead to something better.

I've heard this before...

WHFBfag please go back to your containment thread.

>New Khorne Berserker models finally
>Story progresses to allow Primarchs to return
>They stat the primarchs as overpowered shits to force their sales
>40k becomes "primarch vs Imperial Knights" the game as kiddies and man-children only run these overpowered shits in every game
> Get tired of watching the Lion die every game to shurican catapults.
>Like the elder of old, old fags will move to HH in the seeking of balance before the madness in the heart of GW wakes up
>Final book they release a new Abbadon model that doesn't look like shit
>Eldar unlock their death god, destroy Slannesh entirely
> Wraithguard become a new army in the game as embodiments of the new god.
>Guilliman chops Abaddon's arms off
>Memes becomes real, the anime rises
>The setting and rules become gutted for Sigmar's warscroll style of unit composition
>8th edition wakes up at last, is a very simplified, more 40kized version of the Sigmar GH
> In a half second People scream and stamp, leave the game in droves as their gaming souls are devoured by the madness
>Third parties, believing a true hole in the industry has opened, flood the market with shitty 40k knock offs, desperately seeking market share.
>Despite the wants of third parties players are drawn back to 40k because GW continues shitting out amazing models as usual
>A great age of internet trolling and hate flows over the industry until GW finally wins out in the end by weight of their market presence.
>by 9th edition the game and the wargame industry itself is looking entirely different then it does these days, but GW is still on top
> European drunk gamers rejoice
> American fags, seeking competition ruin the 40kGH with errata and FAQs
>Warmachine players still try to act like they are relevant
>Infinity prospers in the shadows of giants, finally releases their fantasy game
>Sisters players still whining about a lack of updates

> Finally ...plot progression.
What is it with retards needing plot progression. Enjoy 40k being destroyed kiddo. I think the plan is to end times 40k to bring it in to line with their other amazing game AoS because it's doing so well and making them so much money.

I don't understand people's need for gw to "progress the timeline." Who gives a fuck?

Maybe that's because I approach it as an RPG and novel setting, but I really don't give a fuck about progress. Its a setting, with stories set in it. Not a plot that needs to be resolved.

Stale setting means stale sales.

>Wraithguard themed army
>Based around the infinity circuits of craftworlds
>Eldar becoming the 40k version of Sylvaneth

I can easily see this happening.
The rest is just scary to me... but I see something like this happening.

Bullshit fallacy, there's plenty of room to expand the setting without advancing it.

>plot progression

Who cares? Its a SETTING, the entire point is to keep it at one minute to midnight to let people tell their own stories.

The majority of GW story progression events in the last ten years were mediocre to awful. Plot progression is the last thing anybody should want.

Nobody cares about an event with a predetermined outcome which is why all rest 40K campaigns are meant to advance the plot. People want to be surprised. They want suspense. They want stakes.

They moving the plot from 1 minute before midnight to 30 seconds before midnight. It ain't so bad. Don't get melodramatic.

Good god you must permanently have a cock in your mouth. And ass.

The Beast Arises is selling pretty damn well despite having a predetermined outcome.

Not an argument

But will it sell better than a set of novels that about the final days of the Cadia?

Novels or campaign books? Because the former is much less likely and the latter is almost guaranteed to be shit, judging by all the others (Sanctus Reach was fun at least).

this

>Nobody cares about an event with a predetermined outcome

This has to be bait right??? I mean, its not like the HH is a huge success or anything... oh wait...

> They could have make "Sabbat crusade" like events, developing the fluff of a sector to develop local stakes players would care about while allowing their games to actually determine the course of the campaign.
> They can still trump expectations and surprise the players by having the 13th Black Crusade be a fiasco opening a new golden era for the Imperium (maybe with a new abyssal crusade sequel baiting).
> They will just make End Times again.

>GW makes events in WHFB that doesn't advance the storyline
>Little sales, overall sales plummeting

>GW decides to advance the timeline
>big sales and increased interest in the game

>GW models its new setting around dynamic fluff and plot progression
>AoS enjoys sales higher than WHFB had for years

It speaks for itself.

And HH is a fluke. It's importance in the fluff and the tons of marine and primarch wankery might be the reason. But if you examine any other event, there isn't that much interest.

The Beast series isn't discussed a lot in Veeky Forums or any other forum for example.

>AoS

Even if you were not lying that would just prove GW fanboys are the mindless shiteaters GW thinks they are.

>And HH is a fluke.
It was so successful that it's legion Astarte's list alone out sold most armies in 40k entirely.

Its book series, based on predetermined outcomes, are still incredibly successful.

In fact, its biggest complaints are all the new innovations they put IN these already determined plots. Perpetual, the Emperor shitting, the "character development" of the primarchs.

>The Beast series isn't discussed a lot in Veeky Forums
Dude every time a new book drops there are threads for the next few days about them... like seriously...

>Implies that AoS is a sudden success because of its story...
>Implying WHFB died due to setting stagnation...
>wtf.jpg
It died because the game got too expensive and tedious to start for new players, no one wanted to buy and paint 100+ clan rats/orkboys/empire guard/ect just to be able to play the cool models, and the old guard already owned the basic models already and weren't buying the newer stuff which were usually just gimmick units. Add issues from 8th edition and it was a deathblow to the game. They simply priced themselves out of their own market.

AoS's marketing strategy is based on allowing players to play all the cool stuff out the gate, with battleline requirements being basic as fuck, a small tax that is easy to meet. Its entry point of 600points for the Getting Started boxes basically guaranteed that new players felt like they are actually getting good stuff and were allowed a larger variety to game with.

Every getting started gives a battleline, a medium unit or a cavalry unit, and a monster sized model of some kind usually for incredible savings out the gate. Its economically feasible to buy 1-2 Getting Started boxes from an allegiance and having a perfect 1000-1300pt army right out the gate.
THAT is why the game is selling again, not because they rewrote Sigmar as a fuck child of Odin and Zeus and added Space Marines.

The story is the most complained about aspect of AoS by FAR.

This^
WHFB had awesome models but the game was getting too crazy in terms of scale of models needed. By toning it down they simply allowed players to build the models they wanted and so on.

My store went from 0 players to a good group of 10 players for Age of Sigmar the minute they cracked the General's Handbook and realized that they could do some cool looking armies without selling their first born. Almost all of them either brought their old stuff and supplemented with new shit or bought the starter boxes and worked from there. Now the store is selling AoS models weekly and is actually getting something from that money sink.

No one gives a shit about the story at my store, they just like the models. Sure the game has its rules problems but they seem to enjoy it a lot.

The best thing that could happen to Warhammer 40k is if they made army sizes generally smaller and easier to get into as well as putting harsher limits on just spamming monsters/gargantuans/tanks/super heavies. The rest will solve itself.

I can't wait for 40k to get the AoS treatment. 7th edition is an unusable pile of garbage. Advancing the timeline is just icing on the cake.

Fuck the timeline, I just want to see Kharn one-man-army the shit out of Cadia.

My only concern is that if 40k gets sigmarized they leave HH alone with its own rules. That game is the closest we have seen faction balance since mid 5th edition, even with the shitty 7th edition rules hanging over it.

I think I haven't cared much about 40k in the past few years.

They need to bring back Rick Priestly and Andy Chambers, then re-focus on being a gaming company. Up their game back to where they were 10-20 years ago in terms of design and sculpting.

The setting, plot, and the minis themselves have stagnated and gone bad over the past decade. And that's over and above the problems with their business model.

>So what's your predictions for this progress?
Shit and asspulls

Sadpanda said many times they wouldn't advance the story line past midnight, just a wee bit more before it.

Now go home with your lame quote.

>Creed gets killed

What would be your reaction?

>Creed being relevant
That meme is dead, its high time he joined it in the ground.

You...monster.

Why the fascination with chaos space marines? every single other faction poses a greater threat to humanity, for all their chaos powers and shit the CSM have proven to be utterly incompetent, yet they get all the attention (after the loyal space marines). Chaos itself is a threat, the corruption of the warp, the daemons that could invade should the emperor die, but the Chaos Marines? they are nothing.

What you said is untrue and breaks away from the real fluff where it's stated that the traitor legions are the greatest threat to humanity. Also skipped over the fact that the traitor legions are winning the Long War and that the Imperium is collapsing.

It has been said they want to bring the clock to 1 minute to midnight, bring it close to the end but leave it just on the edge and don't actually destroy the setting

This sort of, chaos is always described as being the huge threat and the biggest threat, yet in the lore they just don't seem to add up, they occasionaly launch a crusade that gets stopped or a planet gets sucked into the warp... scary

Meanwhile millennia old super advanced robots are uniting and waking up and are unstoppable, Tyranids are arriving in greater and greater numbers and devastating entire sectors with ease with no one seemingly able to stop them

>So what's your predictions for this progress? Will the final outcome be the traitors finally breaking Cadia or will the Imperials throw back the traitors and stop the End Times before it even starts.

Who cares, the only interesting part of EoT was what the Ork players did

Chaos has been waging war against the Imperium longer than any other faction excepting the Orks, and causing more damage from invasion and inner corruption than any faction.

Just because you are too much of a dumbass to read the fluff, doesn't mean they are less than a fluff.

In a single moment, Chaos destroyed a thousand worlds in a flash of an eye. What would have taken years for the Tyranids and decades for the Necrons, was done in a mere moment.

The Imperials and Chaos guys do.

Seriously, Orkfags are the worst of the bunch. Always selfish and obnoxious.