When you want your players to grow fond of and get attached to a particular place in the map...

When you want your players to grow fond of and get attached to a particular place in the map, what should you as a DM do?

Other than have slutty farmers' daughters, I mean.

Give it a great new hideout, far better than any they already have.
Offer them a quest or numerous opportunities for locals to befriend them, specifically reciprocate this with the occasional "local hiding you from trouble" provisions of food and such or even just a few good celebrations and feasts.
Most of all give them some or any kind of task in the region to which they can feel a sense of accomplishment, such as the building of. . .something, a church or some other relevant to them. Tying the place with a physical thing to be proud of, and a desire to defend if under attack.

build it up. make lore. let the players explore what you create. let them affect the politics and become merchants or the ruling council. the "deep dark secret" or "artifact hidden in the crypts" tropes are overused, but give interesting backstory to the tavern or the castle.

Burn down every other place they get attached to until they get attached to the right one.

Strategically abstract the place as conveniently in the middle of the player's sphere of influence. Such that if they are there, they are at a fair distance to any other places they may need to, and anywhere you plan for them to go they know that this place isn't too far behind. Make it the "middle earth" of your middle earth.

It's a place the players will treat as "our go to home" when needed, filled with friendly locals who will provide food and provisons, a great hiding spot, and places to stash their loot.

And yes, slutty farmers daughters or slutty dryads or whatever other things you can entice them with.

Don't. Burn. It. Down.

I fill it to the brim with whores. Works like a charm.

depends. the DM I typically play with goes for massive dungeons that take multiple dives to complete, so by the time we feel comfortable moving on, we're so invested the village we started in is essentially our home, and noone wants to just abandon it. I'm p used to it at this point, so upon starting I start improving relations with people in the surrounding environs- going out doing healing work for the farmers when I have a day off, doing favours for the rich and powerful to make them like me, and making intentional decisions that might reduce my treasure but allow me to make a good impression. Right now this is to eventually convert the populace to worship of Athena.

Make one of them the baron of (wherever).

Drop some plot hints about artefacts of great and mysterious power in the castle, the fate of all are not known.
The Man in Chains dwells in the depths below. The Raven King in the Moonlight Tower. Get it into their heads that serious shit exists and could go down in this place, and leaving means losing out on the chance to get phat lewt and titles and shit, or at the least miss out on the DM's world building.
You dont even need to have world building. Just when you need a sage character, make it one of the names already mentioned. The party is stuck? They find a raven with a letter in it's beak summoning them to the forbidden wing of the castle, at the southernmost tower.
The party needs a macguffin? Well wouldn't you know it the archives say that the Man in Chains holds that even now. Guess you better do this hastily refluffed dungeon then

What's wrong with slutty farmers' daughters?

Slutty farmers.

Just about everywhere has farms, and therefore promiscuous daughters of people who run them. If you want them to care about one place in particular you gotta have something else on top of that.

Do something like , and if it's a more high-fantasy setting, make it so that every town has some kind of gate or doorway or threshold that magically takes them back to their favored spot, like a sort of dimensional hub world.

LIFE HAS MANY DOORS, ED BOY.

>something else on top of that

Usually that's the bard

How does one farm sluts? Is the farm liberal arts college?

Nothing as long as they look like the blonde one

Marie>May>Lee

You shouldn't because such things cannot be planned. Instead, run a cool game and your players will choose a place of their own.

I'm not used to agreeing with Veeky Forums... but I actually agree with this statement.

>blue-haired whore
>best
pleb taste, the both of you

Blue hair punk trash is best trash

She's probably the smarter and less deformed of the three, though.

Do you even know what show these three are from? Cause if you seriously don't think Marie is the least intolerable Kanker sister something is legitimately wrong with you.

Here's how I do it as a DM.

>create characters everywhere they go
>only elaborate on characters upon closer inspection
>wait for players to bite
>play along

We're there to have fun. If it's not getting in the way of the world I've built (directly contradicting, I mean), there's no reason not to let them have fun with characters they gravitate to on their own, and I get to have fun making them.

Also, blond Kanker is best Kanker.

>Also, blond Kanker is best Kanker.
>Wanting buck teeth

Best. Marie Kanker appreciation thread.

Didn't May the blonde legitimately want to be a bride and housewife?

Shit, that show is how I got my fetish for punk chicks. This explains so much.

Marie was the least unattractive of the Kankers. It's not surprising she's popular.

Fun-fact:
Buck teeth make for more exciting blowjobs

Trash is bad for you, you shouldn't like trash

DELETE THIS

Failing being creative enough to make the place interesting in it's own right offering mechanical benefits or some sort of plot driver to the sight would do the trick. Say it's a spot where leylines converge and you get magical bonuses for spending the night there. Or those slutty country gals also happen to be powerful diviners. That sort of thing.

Perhaps, but every single girl being compared in this case is definitively trash to begin with.

So am I, so it works for me.

Man, banging a farmer girl must be fucking hot

She's cute.

>DM
I stop playing D&D for starters

All three of them did.

>suicidal
Just shoot her in the head yourself if you think that's attractive

this. first and most reliable sign that a gamer is a pleb is when he uses that abbreviation.

What?

>Not liking Punk chicks
What, are you gay?

These.

Slutty farmer's sons.

What's so good about Marie? Or about punk girls in general?

I guess he's about the cigarette

They tend to be less normie, I guess

But what if they fill every place with whorls anyway?

No, more whores doesn't work, that'll just collapse the singularity. Whoregularity.

>whorls
ahh autocorrect

Absolutely correct.

They're interesting. Every single one has a unique perspective on life. As the saying goes, "Every happy family is the same, every unhappy family is unhappy in their own way." Nor are they worried by trying something new.w

Not to mention that are countless things to be a punk about. Music, cars, politics, cooking; just a few examples.

Punks in the general sense have great style. Doubly so for Punk chicks.

>punk about cooking
How does that work exactly?

DIY

I want to collect them all now. I need a punk harem of grumpy adorible chicks. One to punk cook, one to punk fix my truck, one to listen to the punk music I like sometimes. All that good shit.

The proliferation of food trucks and roach coaches is proof of that.

Punk can apply to anything. It is simply the bucking of traditional ways of going about [x]. They do it their own way, doesn't matter what society says - it only matters that it works and they enjoy themselves.

A food truck isn't exactly noncomformist or punk.

Food trucks have their own festivals, their own tv shows, their own sponsors, and even their own regulations and lobbyists.

You know god damn well you just wanted an excuse to post that picture.

I get my slice roll from a food truck and you know what? Best damn slice roll this side of the Clyde.

They have those things now. But initially they were absolutely punk.

[Un]Fortunately, that's the nature of punk. If it works and is popular enough it'll become main stream.

Make a character they like and have that character live in that place.

Please God let Solarpunk go mainstream....

That and Feminists are amazing in bed.
Except for when they're reeeeealy not.

You don't like the picture?
Does it make you feel selfconscious or something?

I'm very conflicted about the pics in this thread.
On the one hand, I'm glad to know where my punk fetish came from.
On the other, I REALLY don't want to be getting boners over my childhood.

It's that self assurance.

I feel something on myself when I see that picture alright.

The real ones are kinda gross, not too bright and kinda muscular too

Perfect desu.

>using punk as improperly as people use geek or nerd
I hate you so much. When people latch onto shit they're not apart of they ruin it 100% of the time. It may not be in the first year, or even generation. But it gets ruined eventually.

Sweaty slut is best slut.

They're also way way way way too nice, very religious and enjoy to cook

>kinda gross
They clean up well though. After a shower and such.

>there are people who don't think Marie is the best

They take it in the butt

What is this from? I need to know for science.

Hypothesis: You didn't watch Ed, Edd, and Eddy when you were a youth.

Observation: This meatbag appears to be either a millennial or uncultured, master.

I watched a lot of the "cartoon cartoons" (EEE, johny bravo, ppg, cow and chicken, etc) as a kid and as a teen and I never got how people ended up attracted by character with that cartoony artstyle. It always baffled me that people got attracted to characters from fairly oddparents too. They were fucking ugly as shit

Totally spies made perfect sense tho

Everything gets ruined eventually, though. When it starts smelling bad, move on to something else.

>"Honey, I'm afraid our son is a...a"
>"A FUTURE WEEABOO!"