Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=h5BzheHPiXU
youtube.com/watch?v=YryfFuBWxKM
wiki.stryck.com/Exalted/SpiritCharms
warosu.org/tg/thread/S49076807#p49080867
warosu.org/tg/thread/S48919390#p48932613
warosu.org/tg/thread/S48875537#p48878503
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Don't mind me, just doing some calibrations.

First for the memes

>Sword in the Stone
>Not making the stone itself magical
>not lifting the sword AND stone and using it as a hammer

Pretty sure that's a weapon in Bloodborne.

I believe the sword was in an anvil on a stone in a churchyard, probably way too big even for a hammer. But jumper finds a way and all that.

>sword in a stone
>making a stone hammer
>not seducing the sword and the stone making them fight over you as cute girls

Do you even charisma build jumper?

Now youre thinking like a Magicka wizard.

Alright tis not much but here we go.

Changelog.
>Formatting a bit more, moved some stuff around.
>Added very little, just some minor stuff really.
>Hope you like it!
>Also minor update on discounts that may or may not change everything ever, sorry.

Tell us exactly what you did so we don't have to comb over both versions of the jump and our builds.

>DISCOUNTS ARE HALF OFF. DOUBLE DISCOUNTS MEANS THE FIRST PURCHASES IS
ONE QUARTER THE NORMAL PRICE, ANY ADDITIONAL PURCHASES.

On top of being stupid, this is also incomplete.

I know it's a weapon in Castlevania

1/4 price? Damn user this ruins pretty much every build ever. Why would you do this? Are you trying to burn the thread?

How much of difference it is from get go and... How fast is the growth? When do we get our second sol in the pool then? Like, within 5 years what can we reach?

There aren't enough 50 items to justify those disgusting 150 prices from quarter off.

>DISCOUNTSAREHALFOFF.DOUBLEDISCOUNTSMEANSTHEFIRSTPURCHASESIS
ONEQUARTERTHENORMALPRICE,ANYADDITIONALPURCHASES.(DISCOUNTS
BELOW50CPAREFREEOTHERWISESEETEXT)

But why? This seems both stupid and unneeded. As well as unwanted.

What's a spirit charm?

Like in castlevania?
youtube.com/watch?v=h5BzheHPiXU
youtube.com/watch?v=YryfFuBWxKM
in before Use any magic item

Bitch less, build more.

Pricing issues are always valid criticisms.

Well you sure know how to kill a thread fast I give you that. This looks like a stupid idea implemented for no reason.

I dunno. Can we get some design indicator of lunar blood in trance? Or have it give us ability to choose to not burn the Dark Matter we are ourselves using? Or such? Because dark child in Sol Trance would have its Dark Matter stuff basically taken away in Trance. Or perhaps ability to use the Dark abilities as Luna?

Dark Trance for Dark Child? I dunno. The first ideas make sense

The problem is now you have to build less because the prices are all wonked and you can barely afford any of it.

When we buy canon companions in Sburb, do we get them as they were BEFORE their game?

"I don't like it" is never a valid criticism.

See Valid criticism. People don't like left over points.

A spirit charm is a Charm that spirits can learn. They're based around the four virtues and powered by motes of essence like other types of charms.
wiki.stryck.com/Exalted/SpiritCharms

Can you please stop the shit. The criticism is that now the prices are all jacked and there is not a reason for them to be like that. Nobody had a problem with the gauntlet as it was.

Hey Gaunlet, I've been wondering... Why mention the Ebony Forest has Mad God Mien? It's not like it does much?

Also, how awesome is the Manse you get? I was kinda suprised with how awesome the DB one was when I looked into it, so kinda wondering if that's the same here?

>So for the Infernals Jump is sorcery going to be like it is in 3e?
I'm not really going into mechanics in the jump, though I kinda assume 2e what with including Devil Tiger stuff and such.

But 3e sorcery is fucking amazing. Say what you will of 3e damn them for cutting Devil Tiger, but they nailed that.

So, I kinda want there to be a way to get that? Maybe just say the specific mechanics are up to you? I'd be fine with (for example) entirely 2e mechanics except for Sorcery.

>Unwanted Whisper is real fucking kawaii, I was considering offering her as a companion before realizing she's gonna hate you for being an Abyssal and there's no way to justify her liking you.
But what if you're fighting against the Deathlords? You'll atleast include a option to take canon characters/ghosts with us, right?

>dancing perks?
Speaking of. Should I just give a Malfeas dancing perk, or a bunch of dancing perks?

Before their game, yes. They get to play your game, instead of the canon one.

No one saw that.

Why is Orendi best waifu?

Also, Battleborn was recently in a bundle on humble bundle

He's baiting, stop feeding him.

No. I think it's fine with the change. You're not the only one who gets to discuss things here. And while that's valid criticism, , , and aren't.

Apparently only other people have to justify their opinion eh?

>they play your game instead of canon
>Vriska starts at her place with her lusus
>mfw I have to stop her from prototyping her thing with it

If we take Solo game, are there any quest beds there? Would canon companions still have their classpect a after jump if we went solo?

Doesn't it destroy our planet, the Solo game I mean, killing of all trolls if we are troll?

Finally, how strong is a Denizen with full might as it's unclear

Do you have any reason for an across the board price increase in a jump/gauntlet that already runs short on cp that you already have to torture yourself for? Honestly why would you do that? Now we have all these odd numberred prices and can no longer afford anything.

>Should I just give a Malfeas dancing perk
That. He has a lot of themes.

Yep.

Who?

Oh my gods somebody has an opinion stop the presses! No fuck you. I think it is fair to say this makes zero sense especially after the gauntlet has been done for a while, updates shouldn't completely invalidate all the builds ever posted then require you to do math while also making you have left over cp.

Stop replying to him. He's that asshole who says that all jumps should be like fallout, just ignore him.

Okay.
So, I literally started this as just a Formatting thing, just cleaning up a bit. But as I've been trying to keep up with the local feedback I came across one person asking about one thing that made a lot of things Free that I didn't mean to, a hold over from a while back I think.
Then I also put in my Locusts Crusade Destiny, which may get a bump depending on feedback or be tossed.

Ah wrong one. Pic Related is proper load. My fault.

Nope this is the entire text from the proper one not his fault as I posted one of my WIPs on accedent:
DISCOUNTS ARE HALF OFF. DOUBLE DISCOUNTS MEANS THE FIRST PURCHASES IS ONE QUARTER THE NORMAL PRICE, ANY ADDITIONAL PURCHASES ARE HALF OFF. (DISCOUNTS BELOW 50 CP ARE FREE OTHERWISE SEE TEXT)

I'll work on that next.

I have not seen any of the builds that would have gotten The Gunzosha's Choice free, among other 800 pointers. See text, most of the choices still have Freebies, I just note them this way so the 800's I'd set up only go for 200 at min instead of for free.

Noted.

I just did.
It's a wrecked Manse. I haven't gone much farther in my notes than to note that it may or may not basically be Tiger Warrior Training the Manse, but for now it's just a random manse with... No more than three dots.

See Above.

>That Red Part
Are you joking? This is not funny. If you raise the prices you should at least make up for it with more cp somewhere cause this is bullshit.

>I'll work on that next.
Nobody even wants 50 point items.

If people are not choosing something then maybe you should give that thing a buff instead of raping everything else.

Well this thread is now doomed.

You're not everyone. I love 50 CP items.

This still makes no sense though. There is literally no way any of this makes your 800 whateverthefuck look any better. It only limits everyone any more so that a shit choice looks shittier

>See text, most of the choices still have Freebies
Only on the weakest perks priced 200 or less.

Nothing you posted here makes a lick of sense.

>I want useless things that do nothing.
>I want potions and iron swords I can probably just summon with magic.

Gotta love butthurt anons bitching about something they can't change.

It's time for class.

How does "It was free but now it cost 400-800 cp" fix formatting or the problem where people did not want to take gunzoshas choice?

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm saying. Thanks for killing that strawman for me.

>If we take Solo game, are there any quest beds there? Would canon companions still have their classpect a after jump if we went solo?
Yes, there's quest beds. And yes, through jump fiat basically.

>Doesn't it destroy our planet, the Solo game I mean, killing of all trolls if we are troll?
No, you don't destroy your own planet, I think? Just all others.

But anyway, you can also assume you start in the far future of Alternia when it's a barren rock pretty much, like Caliborn started on future Earth.

>Finally, how strong is a Denizen with full might as it's unclear
Someone mentioned "SMT end boss" as a comparison. Which sounds about right.

True. And he's the one most known for his dance.

Guess I'm not changing anything, and just sticking with a Malfeas perk then.

>I just did.
Alright. Well atleast it serves a function in telling you it's a shaped Raksha, not an unshaped. So that's pretty useful.

>It's a wrecked Manse.
>No more than three dots.
Fair, and that's still pretty cool. Could I basically refurbish it to make a 3 dot manse according to my specifications with repairs/renovations then?

>spoiler
That sounds interesting too. How would it be a Tiger Warrior Training manse?

The Grail seems to have a part cut off

>Their wounds and heal them, though this takes a vast amount of the stored power, always at least an eighth. This can be applied to a Cup Grace as an additional effect Free on purchase.

Look this is a gauntlet. You literally torture yourself for points. Changing it so everything is more expensive is assinine and no most people are not going to want crappy 50 cp items. You are literally only making fuel for shitposters by doing this, why not add a discount to the choice perk instead of all this?

Are there any good perks for keeping things like cybernetics from failing due to weird reasons, like Hogwarts for example.

Nope.

Hogwarts does not kill tech, we are shown multiple times that technology does not malfunction in hogwarts and the only time it is ever said to not work os hermione spouting something from a book which she has been shown to believe books over truth in the past.

Just get magic cybernetics.

Ok so what exactly did you change? Other than screwing up the way yoyr prices and discounts work what specifically did you change? Because I am not seeing how any of this helps you accomplish what you are saying you wanted to accomplish.

Thanks for killing every build ever I guess.

And yet another new jumpmaker learns why you don't make major nerfs after release.

>Storied sword now costs 75 points.
>75
Regardless of anything else, you can't think that's an acceptable number.

Let's hope he's more resilient than SMTanon. The thread needs to learn that this tactic won't work.

It most certainly does kill tech, that was a plot point in the books.

I'd normally ignore you, but your example is so easy to pick apart. Because not only did it work that time, but SMTanon is still around making jumps.

That's the problem. What the thread learned is that you should shout until you get your way.

Point to where because we also have proof that it does not. Cameras work for instance.

Gaunlet, your decision to turn double discounts into quarter prices overcomplicates builds and doesn't seem well thought out as others have mentioned in terms of loose CP change.

See

I don't consider it a problem because they were bad decisions both/

Cameras are pretty low tech and it was shown it was is a powder flash camera, which is very low tech even for the time period of those books.

It was not a powder flash camera it was a normal camera that a kid had. It kept him from getting basilisk stoned.

But that's basically made sure the thread ends up as nothing but shouting matches until one side wins and the other gets pissed off. You won't always be on the winning side.

Basically it could train up a person, within the boundaries set by the original Tiger Warrior Training or perhaps even some other training charm.

Thanks! Dear me, it never really stops.

The builds I've seen posted didn't even used the system I put up top, though some people who don't post may have, if this kind of response is to believe.

Thankfully I never post directly onto the Drive, cause that way is way too dangerous and this way I get to parse the responses to see how to WIP things again. Thanks for the feedback.

Mostly I was just formatting, seriously the only big additions was the rewording of the discounts, which I may have to edit again, the movement of Drawbacks next to Destinies, and the addition of the Locust Crusades.

The Builds posted so far have been, as far as I can tell;
warosu.org/tg/thread/S49076807#p49080867
warosu.org/tg/thread/S48919390#p48932613
warosu.org/tg/thread/S48875537#p48878503
and my own build.

Noted.

Thank you for your feedback Clover, currently trying to balance the fact that three of my capstones were able to become freebies may have impaired my logic a bit there. I am, however, working on it.

That's how it's always been.

That's not the way it has to be. We can be more.

Mate, a LOT of people don't post builds on the thread. In fact, the majority don't. It doesn't mean they don't exist.

Not as long as people like you are here.

>getting basilisk stoned
That sounds like fun.

Is that right? I thought I remembered seeing him with soot on his face after making a mistake with his camera.

Inb4 they are useless shitposters guy shows up.

Magic resistance/immunity perks. Think about it.

But they are. Any build not posted on the thread shouldn't be considered when making changes.

Yes colin creevies camera actually was better than normal when used at hogwarts, normally it needed batteries but in hogwarts it did not because the atmosphere was charged enough to "power the camera magically run off the magical atmosphere" which really just means that rowling is a hack who cant commit.

Called it.

You can't tempt fate like that, user. You know someone's going to respond just to fuck with you.

Could the canon companions also have God tier if we managed to go God tier?

So if we start in far off future we talk to canons through Timey wimey stuff, although that means no previous interaction...

Does jump end when session ends it is it again simply ten years?(which with the future thing makes it hard to meet people...)

Arguably we can make it that the Solo Game sucking in thing just sucked us in, teleporting us to session and planet is okay I guess

So it was a camera modified to work in the magical atmosphere of Hogwarts, that is the evidence that tech works there? A camera that had to be specially modified to do so?

I can only edit with feedback I've been given by those who post. If I can't see your build then how do I know how not to harm it?

This is why I didn't say, "Here you guys go, not changing it just throw it on the Drive!" I post for the feedback so I can refine these things. I've said this before.

I'm working on this one just like last time, and last time I spent two days going through 13 revisions of the gauntlet before we got the first version up.
2.0 is likely going to take a bit of effort. I'm not shitting on builds, hell I've only seen four on site and thus have no ability to predict what my changes will grant until I post a WIP..

I'll tempt fate as much as I want!

But if they post builds, you might change something based on their build, and then you'll be actively nerfing them out of spite.

No it was a camera that just worked it just did not need batteries, no spells involved it just up and worked for no reason without batteries.

Fair

Take enough luck perks and instead of wild magic breaking your stuff it improves it.