Are the Catachans one of the few IG regiments that ever got truly expanded upon...

Are the Catachans one of the few IG regiments that ever got truly expanded upon? Compared to other regiments like Kreigers and Elysians Catachans seem to have the most backstory and also seem to have the most named characters for an IG regiment.

>Offworlder who was hated by almost an entire regiment but proved to be as hard as the Catachans themselves and elvated them to well known status in the IG
>Fucker who got his arm ripped off but then rose to become the leader of the best regiment in the Imperium
>A hardcore commando who lost all of his brothers and now is a one man army against the enemies of man
>Literally have a space marine who doesn't wear armor
>universes smartest ogyrn

Was this because Catachans actually have a few special models and the fact they also had some cool special rules in 3rd ed?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PmILOL55xP0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I can't think of any Kreigers who are named, then again I've only read Eisenhorn

I think there might have been some in "Dead Men Walking" and kreigers do have some lore. Elysians dont have named characters and there Schick is we get fucked alot

I think it's just because they appeal to a wider demographic, ie everyone who likes Arnie-style action movies, especially Predator.

Catachans have some interesting lore

Especially the one where they cover themselves in tyranid guts and proceeded to kill the hivelord.

Or my personal favorite of how Strakken stopped the chaos invasion of Catachan but using a poisoned dart to kill the chaos lord in charge of the invasion

and then something about how the Catachan devil might be a forgotten tyranid species

youtube.com/watch?v=PmILOL55xP0

Yeah, they got some spotlight, some fluff. And in 40k, the only kind of fluff available is "BEST MEANEST KILLEST MOST MURDERDANGEROUS IN THE GALAXY" flavor. That kind of talk is so ubiquitous; every unit and character gets talked up like they're the next WWE champ.

I wanna read about a "pretty good" regiment.

>The Lorran Stallions are truly the Emperor's 1,355th most fine warriors!
>They hail from a mid-level agriworld known for its pasta dishes and folk dances!
>Their tactics are pretty conventional mobile-infantry stuff! They can march for days if they have to, but they'll grumble about it!
>They acquitted themselves adequately during the defense of Hive Praxan from foul xenos! Look, fighting Orks is hard, ok?
>They suffered moderate casualties, and were rotated out of active service while they trained up replacements!
>Special character: "Spanky" Hobarth, the squad joker! This light-hearted prankster improves squad morale. His "Kind of an Asshole" special quality means morale does not suffer if he dies!

Wait who's the offworlder I thought Catachans hated those kind of leaders

Dead Men Walking had no Kriegers with names, they all just had numbers. They did how ever have Commisars that were not from their home world who had names.

If kreigers weren't grimdark we could get some funny nicknames like lucky 7 or Fives

So like Clone Troopers in Star Wars?

Oh god, a krieger who always seems to survive any engagement he's involved with, despite the fact that he always volunteers for the suicide missions. The commanding officers and his unit have ironically named him Lucky 13

Colonel Greiss he also had Straken as his subordinate

Isant there a regiment called the lucky 13s?

Who the fuck would want to invade Catachan?

Vraks books has some.

Are they ironically called the Lucky 13s because their one goal in life is to die in combat

Officers often adopt names when they know they'll have to be dealing with non-Krieg, but they refer to themselves by number when dealing with other Krieg.

Is this thread so dead because OP purposely didn't make a bait thread?

Bumpity bump

Well I could have made the thread with an OP like this

Why do Catachans have more lore than better regiments like Death Korps of Kreig or Elysians? Catachans were just made to appeal to amerifats in there action movie fantasties. I mean why do they even fucking have the universes smartest ogryn? Plus Sly marbo is a fucking chuck norris tier meme.

They do seem like the most expanded regiment to bad they barely have any books

Catachans, Elysians, and Kriegers are probably about on par with each other in terms of how much lore they have, mostly because they're the only non-cadianguard regiments to get their own armies.

Karis Venner is the only one I'm aware of. Imperial Armor 5 (The Siege of Vraks) gives an in-depth explanation of Krieg, the Death Korps, and their culture. It's been a while since I've read it, but from what I remember, they're all assigned serial numbers to use instead of names, and when they die, they're given a name to represent the fact that they're with the Emperor now and that he's recognized them as one of his own. There's a huge memorial on Krieg that details the names of every Korpsman who has been slain. However, Kriegers can also earn a name before death if they do something particularly spectacular (like Karis Venner has).

Catachans are cool and shit, but I would like some more average regiments of guard to get some lore. No death planets or super hardcore training, just an average IG regiment like put in a seriously fucked up situation and making it out on bravery and luck alone. Some lore on some legendarily bad IG regiments would be cool as well.