What is a must watch, must read, and must listen for you fa/tg/uys?

What is a must watch, must read, and must listen for you fa/tg/uys?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fST82QdMkpM
youtube.com/watch?v=qMCsv-zj56s
youtube.com/watch?v=dDgSUA3jD-w
youtube.com/watch?v=_M8_hS0gqU8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>that story
noice

The movie Willow from 1988.

>Movies
>Blade Runner
>Conan the Barbarian
>Star Wars

>Books
>Neuromancer
>The Hobbit
>Ill Met in Lankhmar

No "must listens", music is far too subjective.

>Recommends books
>No Cthulhu, no Black Company, no Dune.
Mediocre taste, user.

For WW2 players: Forgotten Solider

For WW1 or Deth Korps players: Storm of Steel

Music:
>Corvus Neblus

Well if I included all the books I've read and liked, it would be a list far too long for this board. It's a short must-have, not a comprehensive everything-list. I thought 3 was a nice short start.

>Dune
>must read

Clearly someone thought it was a good idea to read the shitty prequels.

Point taken. Neuromancer is top tier anyway, and your film choices were bretty gud. I would recommend Ill Met in Lankhmar, but in the sequels Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser become rapists, so good on you for not recommending the whole series.

Oh no, the original was fine as a self contained story, but I honestly wouldn't consider it anything above or below good.
Reading anything past that was a grievous error on my part.

What else do you guys use for inspiration?
>incorporate things from bible
>Have a quest to find horn of Joshua in order to break the walls of a city
>Moses staff to kill loch
ECT..ect

Who said anything about music?
Radio dramas, nigga.

Read Asimov. Take note of how he begins and ends his stories. He plunges you into the story, sometimes right in the middle of a conversation. The endings of his stories will conclude in a single, powerful sentence. Also take note of how he uses the Three Laws of Robotics as a writing tool, not a limitation.

A good short story by him that really shows what I'm talking about is The Last Question.

I have no suggestions for movies or music that would help.

For the sake of the style of writing, I have to recommend The Legends of Percevan (which, yes, is a series of comics) for relatively low-magic fantasy.
It really captures the tone one might expect of a fantasy setting, grounding it in medieval times nicely without ever really letting go of its nature as a fantasy adventure. It's not quite as serious or deep as many people might hope, but it's got a nature of whimsy and charm that made it enjoyable to read, and its conclusion in particular, The Seven Seals, has a couple of images that could be used as metal album covers.

If you are going do to vampires you must read interview with the Vampire, The vampire Lestat and The vampire Armand.

The other books you can just ignore

Must watch?
>Dead Alive (aka Braindead) for schlock done right. Hellraiser 1&2 for the proper way to handle mundane characters interacting with gonzo demonic bullshit, and OG Robocop for the proper integration of a near future dystopian society.

Must read?
>Fire warrior. I love the shit out of that book, it had the perfect tone for 40k. Alternatively, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Starship Troopers, and The Man in the High Castle.

Must listen? I've got three.
>Amogh Symphony - The Quantum Hack Code
Probably the most Veeky Forums cyber punk album ever released, with a weird narrative throughout the whole album accented by music. Pretentious fucking prog everywhere and surprisingly visual for an album with no vocals outside of narration.
>Track 02 - Dvorzhetskii's Prophecy
youtube.com/watch?v=fST82QdMkpM

>Vektor - Terminal Redux
Brand spanking new progressive thrash from one of the best bands ever. As entertaining as it is layered, and the whole album is free on youtube.
youtube.com/watch?v=qMCsv-zj56s

>Austrian Death Machine - Double Brutal
The govenator of candicornia returns in this sequel to Total Brutal. Pretty much quotes from Arnold Schwarzenegger stuffed over crunchy thrash riffs; parody metal has never sounded this good. Notable bandmates include Rusty Cooley from Outworld, Buz McGrath of Unearth, and half of As I Lay Dying.
>Conan, what is best in life?
youtube.com/watch?v=dDgSUA3jD-w

>Watch:
Gingersnaps

An American Werewolf in London

Blade

>Listen:

The Protomen

>Gingersnaps
Oh, a canadian classic. Good taste. Can`t say I would recommend any of the sequels... Maybe just Ginger Snaps 2 because Ghost is the worst character ever written.

>"I Have No Taste, But I Must Recommend" the thread
This thread will go into bumplimit, calling it now.

>not enjoying the god worm emperor of dune
I admit, it was a little choppy, but still worth a read in my opinion.

For WW2 guys who want to get a sense of desperate "HOLD THE FUCKING LINE" with fuck-all in terms of equipment and hand-down weapons. Watch the movie "Talvisota" (winter war)

youtube.com/watch?v=_M8_hS0gqU8

Dune
Dune
Dune audiobook

>The voyage of the space beagle
Mon nègre

>Neuromancer
For those wanting to read some cyberpunk, I strongly recommend Hardwired by Walter Jon Williams. It's a very solid story, mainly about a wired pilot and a cyborg girl, and it devellops some themes that will later become trademark for the genre. Also very easy read, even for a non-native speaker, but still most agreeable and nuanced.

As I like the comments thus far, I will assume this is a recommendation thread, not a competition

>Fantasy movies
The Adventures of Baron Munchausen (1988)
Fantaghirò series

>Sci fi
Flash Gordon (1980)
Barbarella (1968)
The Fifth Element (1997)
John Carter (2012)
Forbidden Planet (1956)

>Cyberpunk movies
Nirvana (1997)
Johnny Mnemonic (1995)
Gattaca (1997)
Serenity (2005)
eXistenZ (1999)
Æon Flux (2005)
Judge Dredd (1995)

>Horror and magic
30 Days of Night (2007)
In the Mouth of Madness (1994)
The Ninth Gate (1999)
Lord of Illusions (1995)
Silent Hill (2006)
Dracula (1992)
Killer Klowns from Outer Space (1988)

>Sci fi series
The Expanse
Defiance
Andromeda
Dinotopia
Farscape
Terra Nova
First Wave (1998–2001)
Frank Herbert's Dune (2000 miniseries)

>Horror and magic
Revelations (2005)
Millennium (1996–1999)
Merlin (1998)
Witchblade (2001–2002)

I forgot in fantasy movies Legend (1985) and Krull (1983)

I'm not much of a reader, so all of these are movies/TV

>Buffy the Vampire Slayer tv show, and it's spinoff, Angel, for it's take on vampires and otherworldly evil things (Angel is better IMO)
>The Punisher if you like playing paladins
>The Crow if you want inspiration for le dark and edge character
>Firefly and Serenity, if you like space or western settings... or both at the same time
>Star Trek:The Next Gen for many, MANY different reasons
>Conan the Barbarian, for obvious reasons.
>Konosuba for it's commentary on fantasy P&P if you're into weebshit. Pic related.
>One Punch Man for the same reasons as above only on capeshit, again if you're into animuu
People are gonna hate me for this next one but
>Steven Universe as good example of gradual character development, interesting take on space and ayy lmaos, as well as overall aesthetic. Soundtrack is also kickass if you use music in your games.

With the old breed is a great ww2 book.