WHAT THE FUCK

WHAT THE FUCK
PLEASE TELL ME SOMETHING'S JUST GONE WRONG?

I bought literally $8k (my entire savings with just $600 left to live) of Confido a few months back. I've been researching crypto for months now and figured that generally, if you hold; you gain. It was supposed to be fucking safe. I just buy, wait, and enjoy profits - even if it's only up 10% by some miracle within a few months, I make profit.

I'd planned to not even look for 6 months minimum, but figured I'd check it out. This is my first time investing in anything, cryptocurrencies or shares or whatever. Fuck, what the fuck happened? Please tell me this isn't real, can someone explain why Confido crashed? Is this just the way the crypto market is? Does it just randomly drop coins out of nowhere for no reason? Fucks sake I'm almost in tears I can't believe it

Other urls found in this thread:

thenextweb.com/hardfork/2017/11/20/cryptocurrency-exit-scam-confido/
potatosalad.usitech-int.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Welcome to crypto.

If you're not joking then I will leave it at this, Confido turned out to be a big scam. They're promising a refund but it will be about 4 cents per coin. Like me, you should have sold the peak within a few days of ICO. But we didn't.

there will be a lot of this the coming days

>invest more than you can afford

Holy fuck man what the fuck, this is devastating

Thanks for actually telling me what went down, are the fucking founders getting arrested for this shit? Is there any hope of me getting my full $8k back? For $0.4 each I'll probably recover like a grand at best

>all in, into a obscure alt
No you just are retarded

> It was supposed to be fucking safe
yep, that's where you can only with your life with a 9mm bullet going at 1000m/s through your brain

Joost’d

Mate I didn't invest more than I could afford, I invested absolutely 100% of what I could afford - I had $600 left to live on, and since investing I've regained a bit of a buffer but not fucking $8k. Took me so long to save that shit. Fucking livid, absolutely devastated

lol 4 cents each not 40. You got rekd

kek thanks for reminding me of this glorious scam

>if you hold, you win

>Thanks for actually telling me what went down, are the fucking founders getting arrested for this shit? Is there any hope of me getting my full $8k back?

HOLY SHIT OP IS SERIOUS!!

... Yeah OP, you're pretty much royally fucked here

think you're bullshitting

>invest all your money in 1 shitcoin, no diversification.

Fuck

Fucking hell

I'm serious here, is this worth going to the police over or some shit? What's happened to the founders, have they been caught? Are they going to jail?

Why do you say that?

This is how IOTA will turn out, calling it now

So why in the hell would you put all 8000 in one, small coin? What the fuck is wrong with you? Seems like you didn't read anything before investing

youre hilarious

>tfw I invested in the ICO and only made x7 my initial investment

I was really angry about this because it went much higher, but at least I know that some of the smug, redditor HODL crowd who bought the ICO got justed.

Not you though OP, I feel bad for you.

Let's hope not, I bought 110 at 3.50$

>trusting a coin named "con"

woulda been 32k now if you just put it in btc

The comfydo difference

thenextweb.com/hardfork/2017/11/20/cryptocurrency-exit-scam-confido/

shit man I'm really sorry for you and everything but you could easily google all this information.

>i threw 8 grand at something, all i had, and planned not to even look at it for months
lol what
i put a couple hundred in and i check it pretty regular. got some alerts so if anything falls too low i get a ring and can bail before damage gets too hard. if anything goes up too quick, an alarm so i can monitor for a bubble and prepare to bail. took zero effort to set up

8k just thrown at an obscure crypto then you walk away not looking at it? lol LOL what a strategy.

Right, if OP was looking for a long stable hold he should have put his 8k in XRP

I really feel bad for you OP. But at least 8k isn't that big in the long run, you will make it back.

Try investing in non scam's like Funfair or maybe Chainlink and make your money back.

Because dumb normies are coming in.
And where there is normies there are people to scam them.

at least it's your own money user
all these fags that are laughing at you hyped their brothers, sisters and parents into this shit and well
let's just say christmas is ruined

There's some Parity shit named Onfido
Facial recognition or some shit like that

*don't invest more that you can afford to LOSE

>non scam like chain link
Kek

can I ask you, is this the first time you personally see the normies moving in?

>maybe Chainlink

you want OP to lose his shit again on some scamcoin led by a russian and a college freshman? fuck you

hi pajeet

Yeah the head has been picked up in Italy, was on the radio.

>people claiming to feel sorry
hi pajeets, streets are not clean i presume?

This is hilarious if true.

OP you are a total retard. This is why you will always be poor.

I had a similar misfortune last month like OP. I lost half of my entire savings and almost my entire portfolio, $6500 due to B2X and BCH.

I invested the last half of my savings in Chainlink when it dipped to 15 cents for a day. Literally made all my money back plus profit when Link mooned up to 35 cents.

>expecting us to believe you didn't immediately google "Confido" after you saw the chart to find out what happened within 15 seconds

Why do people keep falling for these ridiculous LARPs? Is it because 95% of this board is from the Indian subcontinent?

Give me a fuckin break, a few of my friends invested a couple grand into some dumb, obscure "shitcoin" called Ethereum when it was worth around $8 and recently sold it for $420

Additionally, one of my colleagues invested in some dumb, obscure "shitcoin" called Litecoin back when it was around $12 and is still holding

I figured why not invest in a quiet, new coin called Confido and hope for the best. You're kidding yourself if you don't admit that, for the most part of crypto investing, if you buy and hold; you'll make money. This is just fucking devastating.

Thanks man I'm reading up on it now, seems like apparently they ran into some contract issue so not necessarily a scam?

nice trolling pajeet

There's no way someone who is under so much stress right now took the irme to screenshot the chart, cut it, post it here, ask for shit instead of just googling.
OP is trolling and is baiting for some "hey mate gimme your address and i will give you some btc" or shit like that.
This is bait.
He didn't even post his ethereum wallet or anything.

Hahahahahahahaha nothing like the fucking shitcoin market bro. Imagine if you put your 8k into something stable.. I dunno like BITCOIN. You'd have over 20k right now.

Googling was the first thing I did faggot, all I got was "exit scam" and the fact that they'd removed their social media - I figured some people here might have an idea of exactly went down

i don't understand what you're trying to say

Send pic of your wallet or keep LARPing.

I learned about this scam coin from here in the first place, after googling it was the first place I turned. The fuck's suspicious about screencapping the chart? And have you seen me ask for handouts? Fuck no I'm not going to beg like some dicksucking faggot for some other faggots dickcoins, I'm just absolutely fuckingd evastated and looking for as many details as I can fuck

>Litecoin
>Ethereum
>obscure

lmao.

Ethereum was number 2 in terms of market cap for a long time before it was even worth $8. LTC has been hovering around the top 5 for years.

Confido was just one coin in a sea of shitcoins with no-name, college grad devs. The fact that you can't see the difference explains a lot about why you made such a dumb decision.

I'm sorry to hear this senpai.
This is almost all of your wealth now and I know it must be devastating. But assuming you live in the west, you're probably a student or starting a career and will have the opportunity to save 8k in a couple of months (maybe a year or two) once you get working.
You'll have to start over now but see this as a tuition fee of sorts: Lesson, you never ever go all in. Two years ago I lost a couple of k by shorting facebook and amazon. Boy I was pissed. I never shorted again and while lots of people will say you can make money shorting, I don't miss it, you can make money going long as well and when it goes down and I knew it in my gut it would go down but didn't short. Well guess what? While the rest loses money, I fucking gained assets.
Anyway, I laugh at a couple of k's now. My net worth probably changed a couple of k while typing this message.
But did I let it ruin my day/week/month back then? Absofuckinglutely. But in hindsight: thank god it happened then. If I would't have learned that lesson back then and make that mistake again, I would lose an amount of money that can't be gained back by a few months of wagecuckery.
Pick yourself up man. You had bad luck, but in a way you didn't because you could have avoided this.

>Thanks man I'm reading up on it now, seems like apparently they ran into some contract issue so not necessarily a scam?
You are too naive

The saying is not don't invest more than you can, it is don't invest more than you can afford to lose. You shouldn't have invested that much, and you shouldn't have put it all in one shitcoin. That some of your friends got rich from investing in a coin last year doesn't mean everyone got rich from investing in one coin, many get poor, you are among the unlucky ones, and you took a risk which you could have avoided.

No, it was a full scam. Read the article posted in this thread. The article mentioned after they deleted all their social media traces they forgot to delete their YouTube. Right after the article went up someone logged into their official YouTube and deleted it. They are still around covering their tracks and their real identities are unknown.

Show us your wallet and take screenshot of the funds to check it's yours,
Until you don't do that no one will believe you and you're just trolling anyways. No one is this ducking retarded.

>Fucking livid, absolutely devastated
ahaha dumb australian omfg
i have over $60,000 and i started with $3,000 and all i invested in were the top 10 coins because they were safe
hahah what the fuck

>dumb, obscure "shitcoin" called Ethereum when it was worth around $8
damn dude, you should really do your research, ETH was never obscure shitcoin, Vitalik had won the Peter Thiel foundation award, and the project was pretty hyped from the beginning. You should do better research first. Not even at $0.2 was ETH obscure.
Now if you were dumb enough to just throw your money to some scam without doing any research it's your fault.

This.
Ethereum and Litecoin didn't have to name their fucking project Confido to instill confidence. Track record spoke for itself.

Just KYS

Wow $8 per ETH? So they are newfags then?

>a few of my friends invested a couple grand into some dumb, obscure "shitcoin" called Ethereum when it was worth around $8 and recently sold it for $420

IT WASNT A DUMB OBSCURE SHITCOIN
IT WAS ALREADY A BIG DEAL AND ITS MARKETCAP WAS IN THE TOP 10 OF ALL CRYPTOCURRENCIES

IM GLAD YOU LOST IT ALL
AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
YOU ARE TOO DUMB TO BE ALLOWED TO FUNCTION
I HOPE THIS LOSS MEANS YOU DIE YOUNG AND CAN'T PROCREATE
YOU ARE TOO DUMB FOR THIS WORLD

Can anyone tell me what confido was supposed to achieve? I cant be fucked to look it up

That's exactly what it was an exit scam why would you need any more information than that?
Go larp on reddit

literally mooning rn
BUY BUY BUY

I see. Well I apologize if you are telling the truth, you can never tell these days.

But yeah, devs bailed after dumping their personal stacks at the peak.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

It was a smart contract that acted as an escrow for crypto payments. It was allegedly going to use shipping API's to determine if a package had arrived at the specified address. Then the funds, that were locked up in a smart contract, would be released to the seller.

It's not an inherently bad idea, but the shipping API part was a bit of a gimmick.

>confido
It was supposed to make people feel comfy investing in its ICO, which it did.

>Go back months ago
>invest 8k on bitcoins
>Made 25k by now

>but instead OP had the bright idea to invest in confido

Topkek you're a fucking idiot.

OP here.

>thoroughly research cryptocurrency space
>hate spending money, but want to invest
>investigate confido
>sounds like a real solid concept
>invest $8k, max I can lose
>seems like a safe bet
>but i get fucked by the cryptogods
>all my money's fucking lost
>idiots on Veeky Forums mock me
>the first letter of every line

Just a little ol' Aussie, trying to live up to the name you all bestowed upon us. I've enjoyed this. Retards.

Hahaha oh shit that hurts

>reqd

Are you serious op Jesus Christ you don't get your money back when you put into literal imaginary internet money scams.

Welcome to the free market of crypto, enjoy your stay.

Look, genuinely feel bad for you mate. But seriously we shilled so many better coins then this. Like Chainlink is the API confido allegedly used. Why the fuck didn't you just buy the fundamental technology.

If you had 8k why the fuck didn't you go for stable investments like BITCOIN or ETHERUEM. Why risk it all on one shitcoin.

This is why you are getting shit.

>Give me a fuckin break, a few of my friends invested a couple grand into some dumb, obscure "shitcoin" called Ethereum when it was worth around $8 and recently sold it for $420
confirmed for lapring lmao

hey dude, get into usi
Not sure if you have heard of usi tech but I have invested all of my BTC into there for the next 140 days.
ive been using this site since the start of the year and its the sole reason i quit my 9-5 office drone of a job. Before my btc and other crypto was just sitting in my wallets collections their steady rise in prices, but this way im also earning interest on top.
Have a look into it, happy top answer any questions below and ill give a rundown on what its all about;
The returns are earned through Crypto Currency Mining Contracts. For each BTC package, a one-time Mining License fee of 3% is charged (included in the purchase price). With each BTC package, a return of 40% is applied over the term of 140 working days. The daily rate of return and the duration may vary depending on the achieved results. The actual return is paid out including share purchase price daily.
140 working days: The actual duration may vary due to the returns achieved

Return on Capital 140%: The amount of the return on capital is an intended but not guaranteed value.
Daily payout on BTC invested

Free Tokens: You will receive one free Token per each new BTC Package purchased starting November 1, 2017. For example, if you purchase ten BTC Packages for your order you will receive ten Tokens.

cheers, potatosalad

FUCKING. KEK.

hehe fucking epic

>first time investing

>invest to a low cap coin with out any history

What should I even say...

The worst thing OP did it not check it every single fucking day.

I dunno how people can do that delete blockfolio and return 6 months later shit.

You need to be checking this shit every fucking day, multiple times a day. I mean Confido was only around for like a week before it died anyways. If he'd checked every day, maybe he would have been online when the scam was released and could have gotten out with a bit of his money.

>Give me a fuckin break, a few of my friends invested a couple grand into some dumb, obscure "shitcoin" called Ethereum when it was worth around $8 and recently sold it for $420
>Additionally, one of my colleagues invested in some dumb, obscure "shitcoin" called Litecoin back when it was around $12 and is still holding

Ethereum has also been around since 2014 and Litecoin since 2011 dude.

They are also both coins and not fucking ERC2.0 tokens.

You threw 8k into a fucking token that hasn't even been around for a few months dude. Your investment strategy is absolute dog shit.

Shhhhh, they haven't noticed yet

The founders aren't gettin arrested because they never disclosed their identities. Those pictures and names you saw on their "team" page? Turned out to be fake pictures and stolen identities. Some random college student out there got a big surprise when a million neets suddenly started sending him death threats.

OP here, I wrote a poem out of frustration.

>made $40k in crypto
>i rode the waves of green
>never thought I'd fall this far
>i thought it was a dream
>simply wicked, cruel and harsh
>this pain will make you think
>every day, you'll pause to say
>remember all my LINK?
>yonder on the future's plains,
>over wojak skies
>underneath the candles red
>satoshi surely cries
>at last, a saviour! Tall and brave
>travelled, wise and old
>offers me his sturdy hand, and turns my wallet gold
>standing tall, he breaks my fall and journeys me through time
>he points towards the lambos, saying:
>it's the first letter per line

Another for ye retards who believed I really, truly invested a single cent into that Confido pisscoin scam

>By the time my final dollar spent,
>i'd broken all my might
>though aches and pains will bother me, this keeps me up at night
>confidence will kill you, in this god-forsaken game
>of all the coins to lose and win, but one will make you gain
>in all the wins and lessons learnt, there's one I claim as mine
>now go and see it bretheren, in first letters of each line

Guys, I sold what remained of my Confido for BTC... but WHAT THE FUCK, I CAN'T CASH OUT?

>crashing into chaos, and burning with a fizz
>after all the fud and shill-pajeets, I should have listened, Veeky Forums
>now it's far to late for that, for we can't control time
>though time will heal these wounds anew, this burns into my mind
>can't you see, it's loud and clear - it's written on the walls
>and all of you are confident, until the market falls
>soon the fud will scream and shout, but focus on the words
>hear their cries, their tales and lies; you'll feel it when it's heard
>of all the times I ignored Veeky Forums,
>unhearing of the signs
>take this warning, spelled inside first letters of each line

Lol at least you'll be employed from your fucking degree in literature.

LOL JOKE

confido sounds phaggy as phuck. That should have been reason enough to pass on it

It's unclear. They are refunding nearly full ICO price, but of course that does not help the people who bought higher on the secondary market. They did not commit blatant fraud (if the refund stuff is true) but they did handle the situation terribly and misrepresent themselves to investors, so it is likely that they will be fined (which doesn''t help you) or that someone will levy a class-action lawsuit against them (which could help you) and will be extremely fascinating because it will be the first data point we have for that sortof stuff in crypto space

Who LARPs this shit?
Is it one guy?
Is it a weird form of fan fiction?
Is he like some degenerate Nietzscheite fapping to the tragedy he reads into past charts?
And why pick crypto of all things to fetishize?

Furthermore; is this the real life?
Is this just fantasy?
Is he caught in a landslide?
Can he escape from reality?

>All in Chainlink for $10k
>mfw this could be me in 6 months

no idea, you could be using that amount of time to shill something

OP, have you ever met someone who punched a kangaroo in the face?

Oh I guess I got le epic trolled never mind.

Can't wait for all of us to get justed or become millionaires, either way, the shitshow will be pure entertainment.

2.5k here