Why haven't you accepted Sig: The City Between as the true successor to Planescape...

Why haven't you accepted Sig: The City Between as the true successor to Planescape, with far more racial and gender diversity than the original Planescape ever had?

Other urls found in this thread:

genesisoflegend.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Spark-RPG-Open-Beta-V3.51.pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Not enough while people in it.

Why are you trying to poison the well for some indie thing that doesn't even threaten the property you like?

I don't know man, some while people are mean.

Because Planescape was shit and Sigil was the main reason it was shit.

>muh SJW boogeymans!
>they gonna force me to use this book!
>and then make me get gay married to a transgender eskimo!

>wake up sheeple!

Because this thing is a neutered, half-assed shell of what it's trying to rip off. It stripped out everything interesting, unique, and fun about Planescape and replaced it with pandering "muh diversity" bullshit. The writers are creatively bankrupt, and the entire thing is just a bland gray mess not worth reading even if I wanted to.
Don't talk shit about Planescape.

Sell me on it, OP. Tell me why I should care.

Because you haven't linked to a download of it yet.

Why should I care whether a human is pink or brown if the setting fails to provide me with a single decent goblin? What is the point of adding a bunch of obscure ethnicities, if the setting fails to create a single original, interesting species?

They would drown me in not-sikhs, rather than giving me a single fucking Hippogre.

This. Give me a pdf, or I can't really make a judgement either way.

Don't hold your breath, OP hates this system. His opening post is just a thinly veiled attack on it, with a side of "Come on, let's all shit on them SJWs, guys!"
So basically a standard Thursday afternoon bait thread.

I'm more than happy to shit on this thing, but I'll only do it because it seems genuinely bad rather than "muh SJW boogeymen"

Sell me on Planescape, because it always seemed insufferably dull to me.

And that's fair enough, I suppose.

Not OP, but might as well assist the cause. Here's the core system's PDF, as of beta. Couldn't find a more recent one.

Notable departures from common sense are the PCs actually being less capable than the average person in the setting, if I read the rules right.

>genesisoflegend.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Spark-RPG-Open-Beta-V3.51.pdf

>Notable departures from common sense are the PCs actually being less capable than the average person in the setting, if I read the rules right.

That sounds pretty brutal.

Where are the non-humans?

Bloke in the upper left has spikes on his head, and some of 'em have pointy ears. I guess that's supposed to count.

This is set after the Half-Elf plan has led to elf dominance across all the planes.

I see a muslim too, does that count?

I am not bothered by racial/gender diversity (though I think tokenism is offensive) but what the fuck is the Spark RPG?

Presumably they caught the same infection which makes elven faces look terribly drawn from some traveller from 5e land.

Because this thread is literally the first I've heard of it. Apparently it's a 1MB jpg. I'm not clear on how that serves to replace Planescape in my regular TTRPG diet.

I thought that Numenara was being sold as the Planescape clone? And why would I pick this up over playing actual Planescape? It's not like D&D's general cosmology isn't supported. Considering how wizards is going though, I wouldn't be surprised to see it becoming as "Diverse" as what you posted.

Seems kind of ironic to have a magical city that's some sort of nexus of the multiverse, only to fill the book with as many earth cultures
as possible

But I've never heard about it, and the OP's comment alone doesn't really convince me to look into it, so maybe I'm just completely off here

>Because this thing is a neutered, half-assed shell of what it's trying to rip off. It stripped out everything interesting, unique, and fun about Planescape and replaced it with pandering "muh diversity" bullshit. The writers are creatively bankrupt, and the entire thing is just a bland gray mess not worth reading even if I wanted to.
This literally applies to just about every RPG game released in the past six years. Creatively bankrupt, burned out "writers" who thought they would be the next Stephen King after grabbing that literature degree only to discover they're just a bunch of hacks. Forced pandering and "mah deversity" in a desperate attempt to make their games more profitable. It's not just the sagging PNP industry either, you're seeing this phenomenon virtually everywhere.

Some cases worse than others. Like the slow normalization of Paedophilia which is solely being introduced just to appease and accommodate the downright massive amounts of Moslems now colonizing western Europe.

You sound salty. Is something wrong? Has Sig personally offended you?