Violence at the table

In your time playing TTRPG's, have you ever witnessed a physical fight breakout between your players or the DM? Share your experiences here

>playing pathfinder
>psion player kills the cleric player's squire npc because ''he is a liabillity''
>yelling fest ensues
>this goes on for a good 10 minutes, we have to stop every 5 seconds because they keep arguing
>cleric player gets up, moves up to the psion player and hits him in the nose
>they tackle each other to the ground
>we were playing in the FLGS
>staff had to come break them up

This happened today so I wanted to see if it has happened to anyone else. I never knew how heated this hobby can get

Other urls found in this thread:

latino.foxnews.com/latino/politics/2012/05/01/police-report-suspect-dna-evidence-in-brutal-vegas-slaying-mother-and-10-year/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Holy shit, what a crazy faggot. I only play with friends, so I've definitely never even seen a fight break out over tabletop. I've seen people get tense and upset of MTG, but that isn't even close to assault. What city is your FLGS in?

>Playing DnD with a fat neckbeard dude for the first time
>he's DMing
>This guy is a total turd, but I'm just there with a few of my friends who also play DnD because I have nothing better to do that day
>He constantly hits his scrawny, neurotic friends, and they just take it like little bitches
>Joking around with my friends about something in the campaign
>He gets pissed off I'm not taking it seriously
>He grabs the DM's handbook and walks behind my chair, then suddenly starts hitting me on the back of the head with it. Not extremely hard, but heavy enough to give me a headache.
>Sit there, stunned at the audacity, and growing increasingly annoyed
>I tell him that if he keeps doing that, I'm going to break his neck
>He keeps doing it
>Grab the book out of his hand and beat him to the ground with it
>Realize he is scared shitless
>Back off
>Ask him if he's alright
>He tells me it's cool
>Walk out the door and go home
>Hear later from my friends that I am banned from his house (Even though this was what I expected, it was amusing that he didn't have the guts to do that while I was there)

P.S. 2 of my other friends also beat up that guy. He's ridiculously obnoxious and he tries to bully everyone even though he's pretty much made of dough.

>P.S. 2 of my other friends also beat up that guy.
(all separate, unrelated instances)

Not actually an RPG, but one time I did see two 40-something year old men almost get into a fistfight over a game of 40k at our game club. It got broken up before it started, but damn. I don't even remember exactly what the fight broke out over, I just remember it being one of the most pathetic things I'd ever seen.

Our FLGS had this happen over a game of Infinity a few months ago. One guy was running a list made mostly of female models (Nomads) and is losing pretty badly. The other guy was talking shit all game, and that eventually led into cracks about he was going to "rape your little metal girls to death."

The Nomad player's actual daughter had been raped, killed, and dismembered and his wife was shot in a home invasion while he was on deployment something like 18 months ago. Nomad player started breaking down a little bit, and the owner ran over to the guy and filled him in on what had happened. This jackhole processes that for a second, looks directly at the guy, and says, "well if you were as shit a dad as you are at this, it's a good thing they're dead, because - "

He never got to finish the sentence. The whole store just sort of froze and the Nomad player went bodily over the table at the guy. It took every other person in the store to pull him off, and honestly I'm kind of sad we did that. The jackhole is banned from the store permanently, once he gets/got out of the hospital (not sure if he's still in there, his leg was bent backwards at the knee and I'm 100% sure a shoulder was totally out of the socket), and the store management has been calling around to *other* stores making sure he's banned from those places as well. Cops declined to take a report once they heard what had happened and when everyone in the store had been interviewed and told them the same story (I'm pretty sure they knew the guy already). Finally, we told the jackhole that his army had gotten destroyed when the Nomad player went over the table and he couldn't come in to get the pieces; in actuality, it was given as spoils of war to the Nomad player.

I lack an adequate "talk shit, get hit" gif for how I feel about this.

I mean, what?

I witnessed something a month ago, more or less. Something that i can only dub as "the Top-Tier Rage". I already posted this before, but it was like this.

>a guy that was playing Yu-Gi-Oh! at a tourney was using a pretty costly and meta deck (I think it was Kozmo or something equally meta)
>another guy destroys him with fucking harpies
>2-0; I and another friend joke with them both, talking about both of them cheating and using underhand tactics
>everyone was laughing and seemingly having a good time
>another mutual friend joins the joking, in a non-obnoxious manner
>this still somehow triggers Top-Tier nigga and sends him into Chimp Mode
>he starts menacing the last guy into stopping talking or he'd beat the shit outta him
>last guy and I think he's just joking, too
>I even encourage him to stop the match and throw a chair at last guy or something
>he actually stops the match and crawls under the tables to reach last guy, the absolute madman
>he grabs him, and tries to take him dow
>last guy and I are still laughing, oblivious to the fact Top-Tier nigga was serious
>some people intervene and separate them; they even let Top-Tier nigga to end the match if he doen't chimp out again
>he loses 3-0 abd warns last guy that he'll fuck him up on the streets

Haven't seen him since then. A friend later explained to me he might've been trying to let his frustration out with the weakest person he could. I've heard of sore losers, but this was the first time I saw one. Not even a bonafide criminal cholo I knew that also played Yu-Gi-Oh! years ago did that.

i'd love to hear those stories

My brother and I play together and we once got into fisticuffs over something dumb during a session. Must have been over something dumb because I don't even remember what it was, just that I was a player and he was GM in this particular campaign.

>playing dnd at FLGS
>scrawny That Guy keeps trying to PvP with people
>kills some neckbeard's character while he's sleeping
>argument breaks out
>That Guy just keeps obnoxiously calling the other guy fat
>fat dude drags That Guy out into parking lot and gives him the beating of his life
>fat dude gets arrested, both players are banned
>nobody helped That Guy until the ambulance arrived

kek

Fuck I'm angry know, how can a single person be this much of an ashore

Man I hope the nomad guy is alright.

user go and spent some quality time with that guy and also play with him a game that's better than infinity

Had a player slap themself once

This is so obviously fake.

>"well if you were as shit a dad as you are at this, it's a good thing they're dead, because - "
What sort of awful person thinks it's remotely okay to even consider saying that? I'm legitimately upset that he thought it was appropriate to do anything other than apologise immediately.

I'm trying to process why That Guy decided to continue mocking Nomad-player. Did his pride get hurt that one of his jokes hit too close to home or something?

While I normally do not endorse violence to settle disputes, I would like to salute Nomad-player for delivering a good serving of rekt.

Nah, I've met enough shitty people online. Eventually some of them will figure it's okay to be like that in person.

How often are there immediate physical consequences for saying awful things to somebody? Even in person?

If there aren't consequences (or you think the consequences would be less than the satisfaction of being mean to somebody), why wouldn't you do that?

>satisfaction of being mean to somebody
lost me there
I'm not a cretin

Well, OK. Assuming you don't have a soul, or that you get your jollies from being mean to people.

You and I both know those people exist, and in larger numbers than one might first expect.

>humans only do things when there are no consequences

lolno

Asian girl tried stabbing one of my players with a handful of pencils once but that's about it.

Because it's abhorrent to mock a guy about his dead kid. Because I generally try to be a well mannered individual and hope that others do the same . Because being mean to a stranger for no reason other than sadism violates the categorical imperative

> larger numbers than one might first expect

Not really. The world has a lot of problems so of course there are people with a lot of problems born from it.

I had a player who was genuinely autistic and used to hit me on the head with the rulebook.

He was the only one who had the rulebook though and was forevergm so we had to put up with it.

I agree with you.
>first expect
Other than that I agree with you as well.

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
- Robert E. Howard

hey I found your gm

Not really a "fight" per se, and posted before, but eh.

>Pathfinder
>DM is extremely paranoid to the point of absurdity about martials breaking the game because "muh damage"
>is that DM that doesn't let martials get new weapons, strength-booting items, or feats not from a pre-approved list to keep the damage down while letting casters just basically do whatever the fuck they want
>other three guys are martial because the DM basically made them play them
>I'm allowed to play a Wizard just so we get some buffs in the party, and someone who can actually use the truckloads of Wands of CLW the DM drops every other room because we'd be making the long trek to town after every fight otherwise
>I mostly just focus on buffing the martials, then zoning out until they murdered everything
>DM basically lets me run rampant while doing everything he can to shut down the other player's fun, and I'm basically single-handedly solving every non-combat encounter as a result
>One session after a long shift at work, I'm exhausted and only half-paying attention
>Some faggot in black armor shows up....doing something and we fight him.
>Don't feel like dealing with this shit and just drop a Hold Person on him and go back to zoning out
>DM's face turns red as he rolls the save and fails. Apparently this was the BBEG and I later found out he was there to kill one of the PCs to "show off his power." Of course, he was equipped with a number of BS magic items that made him immune to normal attacks. IE< literally the only thing the rest of the party can do.
>I get kicked out of the group by the DM
>Go back a week later for a different game, DM is bragging about how he "owned" some nerd who thinks Wizards don't suck in Pathfinder. Apparently he reconnected what happened the week before and instakilled my Wizard, then destroyed his soul so he can never be revived.

Cont because I suck at brevity

>New player in his group, apparently a Cleric because the DM wants healing, but still assblasted over Wizards and won't let him play one.
>Focused on other game so not really paying attention until there's an autistic howl, followed by the sound of something hitting a wall.
>By the time I turn around, the store's owner is tackling the DM and getting someone else to help drag his fat ass out of the store
>From what I gathered, the Cleric used magic to bypass something that was supposed to, again, kill a PC, and it set the DM off
>In his rage, he took the rulebook he had and tried to throw it at the Cleric player's face
>being a fat fuck with no DEX to speak of, he missed, and the rulebook went flying across the room missed the store owner's head by a few inches and broke the wall
>Owner reacted as well as you'd expect and with a friend's help literally threw him out of the store, and was banned for life of course.
>DM went back a few times begging to be let back in, since it's a small town and the next closest game store is an hour's drive away
>Owner just laughs in his face every time

This is why you shouldn't run Pathfinder games, you never know what it can do to a man.

One of the guys in my group from highschool got expelled, and it took him a year to eventually go to another school. During that time, all he did was read DnD manuals
One day he made a level 1 fighter and a ludicrously high AC. When I asked him how he did it, he just started throwing dice at me.
We all got up and decided to play somewhere else. He didn't have a ride home either.
In case you're wondering why he was expelled, it was because he went to school one day with a bag full of knives. Right now he's spending the next 10 years in jail.
I have some other stories about this guy if anyone's interested.

>My brother and I play together
I mean, that's different though. That's sibling violence. It's supposed to happen.

You might as well post them.

this isn't tabletop related, but I've had a frustrated 15-year old reach across the table to unsleeve one of my magic cards (glimmervoid), tear it in half, and kick my shins fairly hard under the table.

i had the kid banned from future FNMs.

I was playing Lantern :)

I don't have a reaction image for this. I want to simultaneously sadpanda and justiceboner.

Had something happen during one of our cons.

>Friend and I join some convention
>Friend brings his deck and plays at an MtG match
>Girl in cosplay goes up against my friend
>He soundly beats her 2-0
>She doesn't say anything, doesn't make any facial expressions
>She stands up and walks away
>An hour later after the game, decide to chill somewhere away from the crowds
>Same girl has been following us. Plenty obvious because she's still in fucking cosplay
>We thought she might be waiting for a friend so we just kinda ignored her
>Glance back, and she's walking towards us
>Then she pulls out a fucking knife out of her bag
>We run back to the con to alert security
>Security can't find her, she probably went home

She had this face I couldn't quite understand and really fucking unnerving now that I think back. No hate, anger, malice, or anything. It was absolutely flat.

>No hate, anger, malice, or anything. It was absolutely flat.

That's a cold-blooded sociopath, user. Those guys don't even blink while they kick a puppy or stab a baby.

Does the GMs father challenging one of the players to SABRES AT DAWN count?

do tell...

I'm calling shenanigans on this. Got a link to your store and the news report on this?

Yeah, if the guy suffered a broken leg there's no way he wouldn't sue for damages and the psycho be arrested for assault. I call shenanigans too!

Yeah, we're going to need some independent verification for something like this.

You do realize that you're never going to get that, right? Assuming it is true (and I've seen enough assholes out there who deliberately court physical assaults because they think nobody'll actually do it to believe that it well could be true), he specifically mentioned that no police report was filed. Which in turn means it's highly unlikely to make the news AND it's highly unlikely the loudmouth would able to find a lawyer to take his case. No paperwork, presumably no video (since the cops would have looked at that), and multiple witnesses all saying something like, "he fell" and sticking to their story? The loudmouth wouldn't have a legal leg to stand on, so to speak.

That story is told in just about enough detail that it's plausible. People who lie generally add in a lot of extraneous details; in this case, were it a tall tale, I'd expect to see stuff about the moves used in the fight, or more dialogue from the loudmouth...that sort of thing. This reads like an average witness statement.

As a side note, witness statements (analyzing them is my job) almost universally get at least 3 details wrong, and are TERRIBLE about getting dates and times right. There was a man whose wife was killed and his daughter raped, killed, and dismembered in a home invasion in Las Vegas a few years ago. The timing is wrong (IIRC it was 2013, not 18 months), and the husband wasn't on a deployment, but the time shift feels about right for the remainder of the story which may well have been quietly passed from store attendee to store attendee. The final nail here is that the husband was a fighter of some sort; a boxer or MMA, I can't recall. That would fit with the beating handed out to the asshole; generally untrained fighters swing for the head and hurt their own hands, not go for joints.

Oh, here's what I was looking for. I was wrong - it was 2012.

latino.foxnews.com/latino/politics/2012/05/01/police-report-suspect-dna-evidence-in-brutal-vegas-slaying-mother-and-10-year/

Mother and daughter raped and murdered in a home invasion. Father is a boxing coach who was left with mild brain damage and temper issues.

Honestly, based on the information I'm able to find on a short internet search, I'm almost 100% sure it *is* true, if the story originally took place in the Vegas area. Everything else fits together too well.

Thanks based cop

People who lie omit extra details to make their story less prone to exposing. Look up Vrij metaanalysis. If you realy vent witnes statments (not as a cop - cops are seriously shit at that) but as court expert you should know your science.

No, we are all adults.

The kind of person who stays on the internet all day and never got shit for acting outrageous. Seen it too many times myself, people are losing the ability to function socially

Short version because it's 5am.

"Professional" or experienced liars do that. People who do not lie constantly or consistently are not thinking about the possibility of exposure when concocting a lie, and therefore tend to feel that if they don't include a lot of detail the listener will think they're lying if they *don't* include details. Likewise people who lie under stress tend to over-detail more than underdetail; adrenaline makes them just keep running their mouths, which operate faster than their brains.

Regardless, I'm not prepared to bet my car on the fact that this did actually happen...but it's certainly plausible that it could have, and I personally think it's more likely than not that the broad strokes of the story are as true as user remembers them.

And this kind of things happening to people out there is why I play fictional games

I refuse to believe shit like this

well i personally feel some sort of need to be a dick to other people. but i like being a good person too. so basically what happens is i act nice to others until they start showing shitheel behavior, and thats when i unleash the bants. i just love making people upset and i need an outlet for it, i cant help it bro

Literally all sessions of family board games with my family ended in tears, violence and/or broken stuff.

I'm pretty sure that's every family board game though.

Punitive dickery is the best kind.

>playing D&D with some friends
>roll someone else's dice by accident
>"don't you EVER touch my dice again!"
>think he's joking with me
>reach over
>poke one of his dice
>he tackles me
>both of us go falling into a pile together with our chairs
>fucker is genuinely trying to beat the shit out of me
>game store owner has to break up the fight
Some people and their dice, man.

>9-year-old
>doesn't know to call the police when their family is brutally attacked
Fucking what.

>illegal immigrant
Oh. I guess not telling your kids to call the cops makes sense then.

You sound like a punk

I hope this didn't really happen, but I know there are guys that really are this shitty out there. So if this guy does exist, I really do hope he got his shit kicked in this badly. Bravo to the cops in this case, too.

If the FLGS story is true, then I hope we have the sense not to post too many details that connect the dots, because I don't want asshole shithead to have any evidence he can use if he files a civil suit.

I haven't read about a more richly-deserved broken leg in a very long time.

>Because adults never get into fist fights.

I mean to be fair he did warn you and you still antagonized him so you had that one coming even if it was over something stupid

>reddit comic

This isn't a perfect fit, but some of you might be interested
>in college, playing with a bunch of random folks
>one girl in the group has had a truly shitty life
>abusive father, druggie mother, brother OD'd when she was 14
>serious self-esteem issues and all that fun stuff
>DM is in college on the GI Bill after 8 years in the Marines
>was Force Recon for a while, an absolutely stone-cold motherfucker
Normally we play in a secluded lounge in the basement of one of the dorms, but on one fateful evening we found that lounge occupied and instead opted to play in a slightly better travelled lounge on the second floor of the same dorm
>halfway through our session when a loudly dressed frat boy bursts in on the way to the attached kitchen
>frat boy reeks of pot and the cheapest of beers, immediately starts trying to pick up the girl with shitty past
>girl mumbles something about not being interested
>frat boy immediately starts insulting her looks, hygiene, personal conduct and family
>DM, who had been watching coolly until this point, immediately stands up, looks at his watch and steps forward until he is about 4 inches from frat boy's nose
>185 pounds of professional killer screams 5 sentences that will forever be seared into my memory:
>YOU TOOK EXACTLY 48 SECONDS TO MAKE IT ONTO MY SHITLIST. IN CASE YOUR DRUG-ADDLED BRAIN CANNOT COMPREHEND WHAT THAT MEANS, LET ME MAKE IT AS CLEAR AS HUMANLY POSSIBLE: THAT IS VERY BAD. BECAUSE YOU ARE CLEARLY A CLUELESS, CODDLED SPINELESS SACK OF SCROTES, I AM GIVING YOU A SECOND CHANCE. IF I EVER SEE YOU DO ANYTHING ONE TENTH AS HEARTLESSLY RETARDED AS WHAT YOU HAVE JUST DONE, I WILL REMOVE YOUR ABILITY TO SPEAK, SINCE YOU EVIDENTLY CANNOT BE TRUSTED WITH THAT POWER. TIME TO GO NOW.
>DM picks up frat boy, kicks open door to the hallway and bodily throws him out
>our faces when he returns to the table and picks back up where we left off like nothing happened

jej

If they do, they don't deserve to be called adults. Emotionally retarded animals.

>ITT: Americans glorifying violence

>ITT: Your (You)

Stop playing monopoly. That shit destroys families

>amerrikkkanz suk
Spotted the jealous yuropoor

She should have used one singularly. Too many spreads out the force applied to each point, robbing them of their penetrative power.

Attacking with a handful of writing utensils doesn't scream thinking clearly

Yeah, any sane crazy person would know to only use one

Please don't antagonize all Europe for one stupid fuck

I once stabbed the hand of some guy when I was like thirteen with a pencil.

please tell me this is a fake.
...I seriously would have shot the fucker. Multiple times. With witnesses.
You don't fucking say shit like that unless you want your head caved in.

He's right, though.

Shoulda been less of a shitty dad.

Also, sure you woulda, buddy. Sure you totally woulda.

xDD ebin bait

less bait, more "I'm an Extremely edgy faggot"

No more so then the guy insisting he'd totally ice cold shoot the guy totes.

shooty guy here.
It's less ice cold, more so enraged the world has turned red. There aren't many (if any other) situations where I'd lose my shit that horribly, but that's one of them.
You say shit like that to someones face you deserve everything coming your way far as I'm concerned.

>ice cold
Shooting someone for insulting your murdered wife and child is not ice cold.

But it's not. It's some stupid faggot bystander that really thinks he's so tough he'd totally do it.

Sure thing, faggot. Sure thing. You're totally convincing people. Here, I found a picture of you.

to be fair, that sounds like the dm's fault. why would you let pvp get that out of hand

The last time I posted about this kinda thing here, I was informed that being intentionally violent for your own reasons was normal and being intentionally non-violent until you accidentally lose control was abnormal and psycho.
Some of you really creep me out.

Oh, right. That thread was 'fun'.

First your picture is about 10 years too young at least, 100lbs too light, and about a foot or so too short. Nice try though.
Second, You piss someone off enough that they see red, logic and reason go flying out the window. Why don't you go into the projects nearest your house and start screaming racial epithets and "I'll rape your X" at the top of your lungs, just be sure to post what happens if actually do it.
HAD I actually been there I probably would have done what ever I could to help the nomad player up to/including stomping the fucker to death. I'm personally amazed that other people didn't gang up on him, and can only assume that they probably didn't hear what he said.

Man, you don't kill another PC's NPC if they aren't on board with it.
I don't care what alignment you are, or what justification you have. It's not cool.

Sure thing, Tough Guy. Sure thing. Keep telling yourself that. Whatever helps you sleep.

10/10 best DM NA

>because he went to school one day with a bag full of knives
What?

>First your picture is about 10 years too young at least, 100lbs too light, and about a foot or so too short. Nice try though.
Not him, but why did you post this?
Your reasoning escapes me unless you really have the mind of a child, in which case your care givers should monitor your internet access more closely.

But seriously, please explain why you typed that out. It is truly baffling me.

>No hate, anger, malice, or anything. It was absolutely flat.
God damn, that sounds hot.

wow your a faggot
> hur hur lets see if anyone will make a internet toughguy comments so i can trollz them!
I lack the reaction pic needed for this, can someone spot me?

He's like the walking, talking definition of Internet Toughguy, isn't he? I couldn't ask for a better example, it's rather hilarious.

Still less of a faggot then you, Toughguy. Try acting like less of a stereotype.

Boredom and it amused me, I've been sitting in an office for the past couple hours and I have literally nothing to do but shitpost here and download games and shit on my laptop.
and also so he'd hopefully get irritated and try to find a neckbeard pic