Why not put a decentralized internet on the blockchain?

why not put a decentralized internet on the blockchain?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/ethersphere/swarm
solid.mit.edu
skycoin.net/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

There already is a coin or two trying to do exactly that, but I can't for the life of me remember what they were called.

You may have heard of this obscure project called Ethereum.

substratum

hmmmmmmmm

that really flushes the toilet

OH. MY. GOD. KILL. YOURSELF.

Because it's slow AF, but maybe with sharding it might work well

soontm

TOR is already slow enough, we don't need a blockchain on top of it.

ipfs already exists, and it will have filecoin for giving content value

10/10 keks

not the same. Ethereum is just a meme thing where people set up little code thingies that run on their own based on the power of blockchain bullshit.

I'm saying we take the regular internet, like hosting, routing, everything mang, and then put it on the fucking BLOCKCHAIN you hear me?

this

Ethereum is doing that, it's called Swarm

github.com/ethersphere/swarm

They also have a Decentraland messaging protocol called Whisper.

No one talks about those parts of Ethereum because they're not ready yet.

You do understand how the INTERNET works right?

have you read its whitepaper?

Why can't put some shitty decentralized oracles what makes you think we could use internet without DNS, ISPs backbones and all that shit.
Crypto is still on its early stages. As soon as google starts developing their own blcokchain (in 2 minutes on their free time, made by real programmers and professionals) you will never hear about satoshi, vitalik, nazarov and all those cucks.

the internet doesn't have a white paper retard. besides its not decentralized cause you need things like doamin names and IP daddress and shit.

I'm saying put the whoel freaking thing --get this-- on the blockchain

no that wouldn't be fair. Crypto is supposed to be decentralized. We can't let these big tech companies get involved. It's not fair mommy!!

>doesn't have a whitepaper

Clearly you are not in the crypto mindspace.

You really need to read whitepapers.

Yeah this, OP is a retard and doesn't know how to read the whitepaper for the internet.

The problem with this would be then dealing with illegal publishing such as CP.
It wouldn't be truly decentralized if they governed such things, but on the other hand, CP should definitely not be published either...Double edged sword imo

ipfs solves that by denylists, people can opt-in and it's up to them whtether they abide dcma's or their local laws.

>OP is searching for the whitepaper instead of asking

i unironically believe everything alex says in that image

there's at least one fella thinking the same thing

solid.mit.edu

HAHAHAHA does he actually believe the shit he's spewing? Or is it all for show?

name one thing in there that's false. Other than the dimensions stuff.

cia/nsa has already been exposed you idiot this is not far fetched AT ALL wake up retard

Skycoin is doing this with their project "Skywire"
skycoin.net/

It's a new darknet protocol which acts like a decentralized ISP where people will receive coins for forwarding packets