Buying gold/silver with BTC

Anyone here doing this? Has anyone used the site bitgild.com? Any other recommended sites? European here.

Other urls found in this thread:

apmex.com/international).
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

APMEX starting accepting Bitcoin today

Apmex up tp 100k at a time with bit or lite

US company but they seem to service most of Europe (apmex.com/international). I think I would risk paying customs taxes buying from the US, though.

I have done it, it is fine. Also the biggest mistake of my life.

Buy only gov minted generic coins
These are exempt from taxes as they are legal tender and ez to liquidate

Stay away from bars/rounds unless you know what the fuck you are doing.

I'm not retarded so no, I haven't do e that.

>not holding 5-10% gold hedge
Enjoy that volatility with no floor to land on.

DON'T EVER CASH BITCOIN OUT

ESPECIALLY NOT FOR SILVER

I'M BAGHOLDING THOUSANDS OF OUNCES OF SILVER THAT WOULD BE WORTH HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS IF I HAD JUST HELD BITVCOIN

DON'T FALL FOR THE SHINY JEW METAL MEME

I just want to diversify a bit. I'm >99% in crypto at the moment.

Yes, I will just buy silver coins because there is not VAT on them in my country (not the case for gold coins).

Any eurofags use bitgild.com? Seems decent but I can't find many reviews. They accept altcoins including Monero.

DON'T FUCKING DO IT

YOU'LL JUST BE LITERALLY BAGHOLDING PRECIOUS METALS AS THEY TREND DOWN AND DOWN BECAUSE JEWS CAN MANIPULATE IT TO 0

>MUH MANIPULATION CAN'T LAST FOREVER

FUCK OFF YES IT WILL

yes, used them successfully in 2014. regretted it of course, considering the btc price...
great service however... bought kruger and panda's. just a little bit more expensive had i been to the local shop.

Bitgild: No support, no replies to emails, and reports on reddit about tungsten filled bars, WAY above sport price, and uses a terrible exchange rate on BTC.

Better to buy with cash form a trusted source bro. Assuming they even deliver, and the coins are real you will take a huge loss on your crypto.

Better check what duty and customs fees will be. Gonna eat up your profits VERY quickly.

10% of portfolio in Silver, not even memeing. not a boomer either. I do think it's undervalued atm, and I don't have much faith in fiat currency long-term. For the longest time i thought the hurr durr the fed is a scam was just bullshit but once you realize the reality behind fractional reserve lending, interest rates, inflation ect. it's a house of cards that will eventually collapse under its own weight.

You cant put metals to zero.

They are mined and refined, this is a trillion dollar industry with many other sectors relying on it.

Putting mines out of business would send the price to pluto short-mid term, causing more mines to open long term

yea id like to buy- OH BUT WAIT TBC JUST SKYROCKETED AS ALL WAS LOST AND ALMOST CASHED OUT THANK YOU CRYPTO GODS IMMA HODL 4EVA

I have some of the Canadian mint $20 silver coins (like the 50th anniversary of star trek ones). I buy them as a collectible thing because I like them, not because "muh supressed silver". Feel free to buy some gold and silver, but make sure that they aren't just an asset. As an asset, they under perform. Buy them because you like the coins and they happen to be gold or silver. I buy the $20 RCM silver coins because they are $20 with free shipping AND have a face value of $20. As far as i'm concerned, a $20 silver star trek coin is more valuable then a run-of-the-mill $20 banknote.

>do work
>get dollar
>buy food

>dont do nothing
>invest in bitcoin
>wait for it to go up
>starve
>IT WENT UP HOLY SHIT
>but once full kart of food
>now wait another 2 months for more food
and pÄjeets will thank you

they are historically a poor "investment" I just hold some since I like it, and as a form of wealth retention in case of over inflation. Worst case they'll never be worth more than I paid for them and I just end up giving theme to my kids or something

jmbullion accepts btc

This, they also make for neat heirlooms if all else fails (better than a china set or other boomer hoarding remnants)

Actually I was wrong, there isn't any VAT on gold coins either.

That sucks. I did read stuff on bitcointalk about their service deteriorating. I couldn't find anything about the tungsten thing though.

I think there might be not be any customs charges, I couldn't find any solid information. I will look into it. If there isn't then APMEX seems like it could be a good option. I also found a European website amsterdamgold.com, seems cheaper than bitgild.

I mainly wanted to buy gold/silver with BTC as a way of "cashing out". If that's not a good option then I might just go with localbitcoins instead.