>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Jumpers! What are the best smithing perks?

Boktai, "Will of the Galaxy".

In Nominee has a perk called Damned that will help improve your abilities through forging.

Have you tried Jumper's Eclipse from Chrono Trigger? What about Titan's Torment from GoW?

Look at Dragon's Bride from King Arthur or Yo Word for Posterior so Fine from Viking Saga.

Check out Last Avenger from EMH. Or Rival Guild from Overlord.

What happens if I take You Owe Rocket, and I make Rocket a companion?

Desire Sensor from Monster Hunter. Berserker from Bayonetta. Even a Devil May Cry from DMC.

That sounds like a bad idea.

You get a raccoon that can abuse companion benefits to harass you more.

Oh dear me, my sides. Pic Related guys, thanks.

Master Craftsman (King Arthur) can make you just that.
Mighty Skill (One Punch Man) could do that.
Enchanted Anvil (Geneforge) will allow you to make magical things.
There's a crafting tree in Monster Hunter.
That's all I can think of that is basic smithing, if you want tech just ask I have a list for that.

Well, there's one of the capstones in the viking saga jump.
Ex rank item creation, and probably custom noble phantasms in the fate jumps.
Dinotopia has a perk that doubles the quality of any item you craft so long as you aren't doing anything but crafting that one singular item for the duration (IIRC, that is. I might be misremembering)
One of the 600 perks for Smite makes you rival the other crafting deities and IIRC also have some other crafting buffs.
Fairy crafting from king Arthur should help a lot too, especially depending on what Arthur setting you chose.
The crafting feat capstone and levels in artificer from the Faerun jump.
Probably others I can't think of off the top of my head.

Honorable mention goes to soft cap and folded 1k times for making awesome crafting even better over time.

Oh, and exalted lets you be awesome at crafting by virtue of letting you be awesome at everything. Of note are excellencies for being just better at stuff by channeling motes (the local mana/chi equivalent), and in the upcoming infernals jump swlihn has charms for finishing any crafting in 1/10th the time (when you max out on essence) and need no tools and always counting as being in a master workshop.

Oddly enough all of those jumps contain really good smithing perks despite only suggesting drawbacks.

>Anti-Satan

That's why I was laughing.

Hmm... What hasn't been mentioned already?

Darksiders has an entire race devoted to this. LotR also has some good stuff.

Does anybody know any perks that allow me to corrupt or transform the environment for maximum spookiness?

Okami drop in has a perk, Fisher king in king Arthur.

I think Generator Rex has an area of nanites you can pretty much manipulate at will.
Creeping Jagd from FFXII.
Lord of the Land from Ravenloft
Madness wavelength stuff from Soul Eater.

Soul Eater?

Can someone explain how crafting works in lord of the rings? I want to make randomly powerful magic rings.

You put part of yourself into an object which in turn empowers you or who ever possesses it at the time, it can provide a significant effect but if you lack the object you are weaker than you were before making it.

Well that sounds fine for a great ring but I was thinking more along the line of the lesser rings.

Same process, less of yourself.

You mean like the human, dwarf, or elf rings? They were also made in the same way but less of their maker's being was put into those. The bit of Sauron in the human and dwarf rings is what allowed hit to enslave the human kings and corrupt the dwarfs.

The elf rings were just made with the essence of someone not named Sauron.

So, still working on the Gauntlet.
Does anyone have anymore Drawback or Destinies that you guys wanna see?

Think you could substitute it with soul fire from Dresden,?

Drawbacks: IT'S HOT!, What Does That Even Mean!? (1200)

Jump #19: Boktai
Name: Diamond Paige
Origin: Solar Smith (1100)

-Perks-
Back to Basics (Free)
The Finer Things (Free)
With This Herring (1000)
The Sum of The Sun (900)
The Blood Will Tell (700)
Light Side of the Moon (500)
Twice As Bright (200)

-Items-
A Forge (Free)
Smith's Hammer (Free)
A Box of Scraps (500)
Lunar Metal (300)
Mysterious Blueprints (0)

Welcome, one and all, to the greatest Smithy on the planet! Here, we craft the finest Undead-slaying weapons you will ever see! In the hands of a good swordsman, this sword here could slice them apart like a hot knife through butte, and what's more, is capable of igniting itself into a burning flame! This gun here is so accurate and powerful that a single shot could kill most! And my latest masterpiece, a sword capable of extending itself, and with the push of a button, able to emit the flames of the Sun!

You better get your wallets ready, ladies and gentlemen, my wares sell fast!

How do we kill the old ones JC?
I've got to do Lovecraft one of these days so I might as well go in prepared.

80s action movie lets you kill the unkillable as long as its a good fight.

Viking saga lets you kill something so hard it goes into a deathlike coma.

You could possibly try to trick them.into a mystcraft book.

Something something magic from smite to do anything.

I am trying to make a list of magic you can teach others, so far I have.

Dresden magic
D&D magic
Heylin magic
Travelers gate magic
Pretty much all final fantasy magic
Magicka magic

I know I am missing a lot, any ideas what I am missing though?

Depending on how strictly you have defined magic,the super martial arts from Wuxia and Kung Fu Hustle may count

Alchemy from FMA maybe?
I tend to stick to necromancy that, outside of DnD mágic, is not teachable (like Soul Eater Witch stuff, or the Skull Heart), so can't help ya there.
You could build Grimoires in Blazblue since those can be used with training. Also To Aru magic is teachable to non-espers iirc

Also the Force.

can you teach FMA alchemy Though? I thought it was dependent on spiritual anatomy?

>To Aru
What is that?

Elder Scrolls magic if you take a perk.

To Aru Majutsu no Index (if i wrote that right) or A Certain Magical Index.
I dont see why it wouldnt be teachable, but if not just do some soul surgery

>I dont see why it wouldnt be teachable
If you complete two of the three SW Jumps (KotOR, Clone Wars, Original Trilogy), you can just give the Force to everyone you want, based on what criteria you want, and they start at Padawan-level. The ease with which you can do it allows for fun shenanigans.

You actually can't teach Dresden magic. There's a genetic component that determines whether or not you're capable of using it.

Whoops, wrong name, and meant to reply to

Have you checked out Chrono Trigger? I remember there being a way to teach people how to use the magic from it.

>>retroviruses are suddenly not a thing

Butters used magic.

Nachtmagen from Guardians of Ga'Hoole can corrupt people into beings capable of using Nachtmagen themselves; and the Book of Kreeth can allow people to learn it.

Exalted fae charms can be taught if you get the grace maker perk.

Not wanting to start a shitstorm and I know this is a touchy topic but I figure a lot of people aren't happy with the system as it currently works.

Is there any way we could just blacklist the jumpmakers/jumps that literally never get any sort of defense from people in thread?

Your mibs, your mommys, your Hellblazer jump - anything that has never had a kind (or even neutral) word spoken about it in over (approximately) 1060 threads.

Seems like that way we could replace the most heinous shit without people worrying about jumpmakers getting annoyed or setting a precedent that causes things to get out of control.

Does this look okay. It's the best thing I could come up with for the little Amulet of Doom scenario that was proposed.

A Book That Should Never Be Opened [+100]: You carry a single book on you at all times. It at the very least must be within sixty feet of you at any time or you must retrieve it before three days are up, if you don’t you’ll die from a curse that has been lain upon the book. This book should never be opened, that is your remit and you are cursed to keep it closed. Upon the cover is crane lain upon the ground with broken wings. The book opening won’t kill you but no matter what happens your foes will gain an edge every time the book is opened.

Well yes, but I don't think that's what he was going for.

Butters used a bunch of enchanted items made with Bob's help.

Imagine teaching everyone of your pupils a different type of magic, but letting them believe that the other ones where taught the same thing.

Then pit them against each others and watch the fireworks as every one of them completely misunderstands what the others are capable of.

Honestly because thread tends to be shit, even if se agreed on this, some goddam ass-backwards autistic ball-seallowing infuriating illogical piece of shit would try to claim "PRECEDENT" ir something if we changed, idk, the Bleach jump.
It is a good idea.
But it wont work.
Once one thing changes, everything will follow, and nothing will be sacred.

I thought it was the book that rnds the world at first.

Shitposters would just start defending them/call for good Jumps to be removed, and some Jumpmakers with persecution complexes would worry that they're next.

At the very least, the bad Jumps shouldn't be removed until someone release alternatives. That takes efforts, so the discussions wouldn't completely overtake the thread. And even then, it's a pretty hazardous idea.

Yeah but the moment someone remakes a jump someone else likes it just wouldn't make the drive.

Some shitposters will defend shit jumps for sake of being dicks.
Why do you think I havent made a JoJo supplement

Why is Portal Creation limited to planetary level in Generator Rex? The power can reach other dimensions to circumvent this anyway so what is the point?

I'm guessing for similar reasons as why you're not allowed to clone the reality warping ayys pr have an unshackled Omnitrix in Ben 10

You know they'd push to replace them anyway. "Nobody really likes the Infinicon Jump, they're just trolling!" "Get out of here, Brellen, nobody likes the Overlord Jump!" And so on.

Maybe there's no example of it being able to reach other planets in the show? Not sure.

Asking again for the City of Heroes: Going Rogue jumpmaker: Have you anything planned for Godling from the Child of Hamidon background?

That is just mean.

Butter can do magic, anyone can do magic, they just need to get the power from somewhere else since they don't make it on their own like wizards do.

Ok, real talk. Are you just going down the Drive finding things to kick up shit over? If so, just be a man and admit it. Nobody likes a worn-out ruse.

No? I am trying to find out if there is any reason for the limitation.

Uh huh. Look, this might be more convincing if you didn't "just want to find out the reason for this limitation" in a different Jump every three threads.

Oh man, that would be so much worse than the shitposter constantly starting shitstorms about replacing Bleach like he does right now.

Just to be sure, that's not actually the book you are hinting at right? No benefit will be gained from cheesing it and trying to draw some crazy reversal shenanigans from it?

At first I thought it was Exalted 2nd Ed...

What are some good plot armor perks?

Clairvoyant line has literal plot armor as its perk synergy in a certain scientific railgun.

Added. Taking all suggestions to add to the list. Seen a lot of people asking for a teachable magic list.

> Darkseid calling someone a Mary Sue.
Hah.

Anyway, there's one in Ratchet & Clank, "Reoccuring Nemesis", which gives you fairly powerful plot armour, although it warns that it might not be painless. Technically if you're left beaten and stranded on an asteroid in space it still counts as "alive".
There's also "The Once And Future King" from Merlin, which in addition to granting you some leniency causes plot related events to line up in your favor.
Of course there's the one from Naruto, which I think is actually called "Plot Armor".

Although not technically armour of the plot variety, you can also stack luck perks to achieve something of the same effect. Works doubly well if you stack those WITH conventional plot armour perks.

That is pseudo plot armor.

Isn't it more like a sixth sense deal? It's not that they lack magic or the means to manipulate it it's just that they can't feel it?

What about things that aren't quite magic, like Alchemy from Secret of Evermore?

Exalted Mortal Hero in general, Clover. I take inspiration from many sources.
As for your question... no matter what happens your foes will gain an edge every time the book is opened. You are not this Books author so you couldn't write in it if you wanted to.

I dont know the setting but this is for magic or stuff that seems to be magic as opposed to tech. Although isnt nanoha magic also tech? Can you teach that?

Evermore Alchemy is putting together two random substances, like roots and water or clay and crystals, and creating magical effects from the combination.

Can you teach it to other people? Like I said I have never even heard of it before.

Wow, am I the only one besides the author who played this game when I was a kid? I'm staring to feel really old.

It's definitely teachable, though. The playable character learns the basics of it in the space of an afternoon or so, and he's somewhere in the ten to twelve age bracket.

Sounds great then, putting it on the list.

Overlord magic is teachable. The supreme beings that came before Ainz (the players) taught the people in the new world magic like angel summoning from their video game world.

Depends exactly what you mean by "Plot Armor". The main two are Plot Armor from Naruto (fittingly enough), and Bright colours = Important! from Spongebob, which gives you sidekick-level plot armor.

But there's a lot more pseudo-plot armor perks, like having a lot of luck perks is functionally the same thing, and likewise danger senses and plot awareness perks can allow you to avoid plot-related dangers, but you have to recognize and plan for them.

Could we get a buy item for the book of infinite potential?

It was an artifact that was just a blank book that you could copy other books with.

Did you ever solve the pricing issue?

If it is the book I think it is, can we get it as a reward afterwards? Because it has a lot of stuff for infernals in there and that could be useful.

>Book of Infinite Potential?
Sure but they only copy one at a time from what I remember. Might make it a 50 pointer because of that.

I have decided that the 400 point minimum is what I'm going with and have created up to 900 extra points to make up for it. Hope that's enough, but I seriously don't think that the capstones should be given out for free.

I would like Mardukth's opinion on that before I do anything, as that is the Jump most effected by it. Some of the stuff that is in that book could have serious repercussions on his Jump and I don't wanna step on his toes.

Who else used Love Can Bloom in Warhammer jump to get around how Babylon locked the best thing in entirety of Jumpchain behind the Evil route?

How would that work?

The love is meant to be from a hated faction.

Who does Empire of Man hate most? Chaos.

Where is best Waifu? In chaos faction

What in particular are you referring to?

I was referring to how the book is Broken Winged Crane. And if I remember my canon, possession or authorship of it leads to FUN in the Dward Fortress sense.

Who took Heresy Reborn and won?

Cultist-chan is easily replaceable. Just find literally any female Chaos Cultist, or possibly a male one Slaanesh likes.

>I have decided that the 400 point minimum is what I'm going with and have created up to 900 extra points to make up for it. Hope that's enough, but I seriously don't think that the capstones should be given out for free.

Fair enough.

Nope. Not any female Chaos Cultist.

She's different.

So, how does The Long Way around drawback affect you much in Warhammer. Does travel really take that long there that's it worth +200 cp for travel time to not count as time spent in jump?

I would pay 50 cp for that.

Yes, it is a copy of the Broken Winged Crane. Possession is more a curse as if you ever read it you'll turn over to the Yozi, no questions asked unless you've got a Perfect vs Unnatural Mental Influence. Authorship allows you to do something freaky with the natural order of things (The Scarlet Empress in one of the non-canon adventures writes the future of how she becomes the wife of the Ebon Dragon and it's coming true).

Thank you.

Didn't deny the Male Slaanesh favored though I see.

Cool beans.

I didn't see any pics of em, Gaunt. Can't deny what I don't know.

Also, would Champion companion option work as a way to companion cultist chan...?

Also, what exactly is defined as singular entity. Would a completely healed up Emperor count?

Misquote?

Nope. Because you were one that said "didn't deny male Slaneesh favored"