So what reason did Tom Bombadill have for being so fucking happy all the time?

So what reason did Tom Bombadill have for being so fucking happy all the time?

He doesn`t need reasons he's a godlike being,we have no understanding of how his mind works.

BIG

He was fucking a nymph.

He was a furry surrounded by animals.

copious amounts of pipeweed and all the pussy of the woods

>Has godlike powers
>Has no reason to be afraid of anything because of said powers, regularly makes evil his bitch with zero effort
>Magic voice lets him make pals with anyone, has plenty of friends
>Lives in the woods, can enjoy the wonders nature whenever he wants to
>He's in a stable relationship with his beautiful, loving wife

I don't understand your confusion, OP. Guy's got it made.

>Has godlike powers
Hang on. I thought Tom Bombadill was just some old dude and not Eru.

Pipe grass

Did you actually read the part of the book where he was introduced? And the meeting regarding the roster of the Fellowship, where Gandalf talks about Bombadill?

His whole thing is that he is supremely happy with his life. He is his own master. That is why the Ring had no effect on him. There was nothing it could tempt him with

Dank-ass pipeweed.

Yeah, Gandalf and Elrond say that he his a weird old guy that lives in the woods.

Book user, the paper thing, not the movie.

Not to mention shrooms.

Tom remembers the time before Morgoth entered Arda. There is far more to him than a simple old man, but Tolkien never really went out of his way to highlight what all those things were.

If anything, he went the other way, highlighting how Tom doesn't really fit in with the rest of the Arda cosmology.

It's more than a "We don't know", we're given information about him that leads to conclusions that should be impossible.

Tom is never mentioned in the movie.

But Gandalf says that Treebeard is the oldest living thing in the world. Did Treebeard also see Morgoth arrive in Arda?

No, he did not.

Which just raises more questions, assuming Gandalf was accurate.

>WHAT ARE YOU SO FUCKING HAPPY ABOUT?
I miss spill.com

Treebeard's the one who says that, not Gandalf

And according to the Word of God, Treebeard is explicitly wrong.

From letter 153

>Treebeard is a character in my story, not me; and though he has a great memory and some earthy wisdom, he is not one of the Wise, and there is quite a lot he does not know or understand. He does not know what 'wizards' are, or whence they came.

they pretty explicitly mention that no power is his master and that he has magical powers of some kind
he also commands the trees in the wood that they find him to let the hobbits go

The ganja