CYOA

Last Thread: Resources: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

Stay safe and stop when the fun stops

Bored. Posting this. 1/10

OC from last thread.

None of them really seem Human, even Zumru. Itima seems a cross between Utu and Amelatu but an easier time passing as Human.

2/10

I'm working right now. But if anyone has any questions I'm all ears.

Oldschool thread?

Don't lie. All fifty billion versions of the Island CYOA were made hundreds of years ago, and unearthed by Veeky Forums archaeologists in the hoary days of yore.

3/10

Imperial Protectors & Psychic Warlord did nuffin wrong.

Yep, I was one of those archaeologists.

4/10

I will be the Technomancer.
Revitalize the space program, become the Spacewhale, eat space potatoes.

I'm looking for the four or five part Island CYOA that has a black background and was produced maybe nine months ago, anyone have it?

I have a question: how you doing honeybunny? what's going on in your complicated life?

5/10

You got any sleep yesterday? IIRC you said you were going on 10 days without it.

6/10

That was me.

7/10

I like how the three example powers of the experiment are the same thing and aren't even pretending to be otherwise.

Is the IRC ever active?

Heyo, Highlander, good to see you're still alive
Hope the same applies to kicking?

Used to have a handful of anons at most every now and then.

I think that last one was a little more nebulous.
The picture has butterfly wings, so 'new parts' may mean some form of customization.

8/10

and how are you doing then?

9/10
Almost done...

I DESPISE this version because of what it did to Guardian Spirit.

10/10
And done.
Have fun. Or don't.

So so.
Got a little nap. Started hearing things.
Ooh. I could use that for inspiration on an Adokori build in Traveler.
To the Notepad, away!

Valkyrie

Library, Spider, Cults, Veiled Horror

None

Runic Portals, Blade, Knight, Ancient One

Poland

Sorry, it's hard to keep track of who's who, because duh, anonymous imageboard. Did you sleep at all? You mentioned hallucinations, have those come yet

Yeh, old versions were far better, I like the new valkyrie though, and the netherlord gets a much better description in the new version

take meds dude

Yes, yes, and yes.

At the top of this page the user has two girls and a chinese landscape inked into a green wood grain. How is this achieved and using what editor?

The writing below is unreadable. How would you pull off the inked wood grain aesthetic without making the text unreadable?

That's how I got the nap. Zolpidem only works for about two hours, and I'm lucky if I spend half of that unconscious.

Is there more?

>he doesn't hear things
user, I think you should get your ears checked.

I do. But I only hear one thing: she's fucking him she's fucking him she's fucking him.

It centers me and even helps me go to sleep like white noise :).

Going with architect. I'd rather not get involved with order-chaos conflict honestly.

For my nemesis, I will pick the King of Worms and the Book of Laws. I'll grab the library for my starter item, Chloe for companion, and the Birds as my starter faction. I'll use my extra point to buy Teddy since, like user said last time, he counters the Worms really well.

I will look for a way to beat the Book by scouring the library.

Switzerland seems like my dream partner.

Gods, it's been so long since I last saw this... has come quiet a way.
You're doing awesome work.

>164 pages
Jesus
fucking
Christ

Only 3?

All I found.

Staying with an aunt in Detroit. Spent the past two weeks moving around, stayed with a m8 of mine for a while south of London who's working on the Traveller books and game. Busy past few weeks but I've finally settled down at least until December when I go back to Ontario.

About as much as a person can.

Thanks, progress has been slow at times, but incredibly rewarding.

It's almost done. Just a few subgroups of the Factions, the endgame events, the build Travellers, and the story/event pdf and Traveller's text version is completed.

Orr
Eiden
Nyala
Tesla

What is a good Male to Female ratio for companions in a cyoa?

Meh, it's all good.

Hey, everyone.

I'm working on a CYOA at this time as I post, and I'm afraid I might be overworking on the details of the graphics. How much time should I spend on them, considering that the writing (and most of the balancing) is pretty much done?
Should I just throw some quick stuff because it's more likely that it'll get a quick glance and then ignored?

>What is a good Male to Female ratio for companions in a cyoa?
X:Y, where X >= 0, Y > 0, and ideally Y > X.
Unattractive females might as well be male for all I care.

>How much time should I spend on them, considering that the writing (and most of the balancing) is pretty much done?
About as much time as you feel like, or however much you think is best for the CYOA.
>Should I just throw some quick stuff because it's more likely that it'll get a quick glance and then ignored?
If that's what you think is best.

Writing > Balance > Graphics.

Cutest waifus:

Valkyrie

Serena

Sorceress

The Beauty

Brazil

Apprentice

Top left

YOU LIVE IN ONTARIO? I might have seen you in real life?

Do you think you might add more origins? The alien ones are great, but disastrously difficult to find art for.

Depends on the CYOA, but If it were me I'd go for something like 2/5 being guys and the rest being girls.
Writing is more important by far. From experience though don't skimp on anything. You'll either come to regret not doing something and kick yourself or it just won't be as good. You're your own man on your own time. No need to rush.

no

Myr, Kohr, Nyala, Orta

>male companions

When are we going to get a good waifu cyoa again? What was the last good waifu cyoa?

i see we have come upon shitposting o'clock

Chloe

Personal preference? All female.
But seems like a reasonable ratio to shoot for.

>wanting a hypersocial hyperactive waifu
Serena is where it's at.

Does aberrant appearance include Weald-Fungal?

Right, Anons. I was just checking to see if I should be worried about the number of male companions in my 0rder cyoa. The number I got now will do fine then.

>wanting a deceptive half breed
Martin is where it's at.

>wanting to take ptsd dick
Spider is where its at.

50/50 would be realistic, adjusting for setting in which it might not make sense to have, say, men be at a witch's coven or women in an army in the Middle Ages.

>wanting a frigid robot
Khahad is where its at.

>wanting a mutant tentacled schizo
The Actress is where it's at.

Not unless your familiar with the north side and Ontario's asshole Cornwall.

I honestly don't think anymore origins are needed. And even if there were anymore I'd want to squeeze in, I feel it could only be one, and it would have to be fantastic.

Yes, you may not be such a fun guy.

>wanting a washed out has been schizo
The Creeping Fog is where it's at.

Conceded.

I'm familiar with Cornwall, though I haven't been there many times. It's not so bad is it? Unless I'm thinking of a different town.

I was just curious, because I've still got some ideas for origins stewing around in my head.

I just realized you don't have a Sherlock perk. I know you can maybe get the same feel with hindsight or Adokori, but some might like being able to piece things together without magic.

Also, which perk makes you an awesome mech pilot. Driver seems the most obvious, but does it also apply to flying or void-capable mechs?

Driver for land mechs I'd imagine, though it's a little more intuitive than just driving if you're thinking of the Colossi.

>Colossi
Your dad loves you, get in the robot!

80% female, 10% trap. If there are a lot of companions, I'll skip most of the male ones.

Traveler Adept? idk, this seems like a lot of flavors for the same basic idea.

Is Time Stop Chill Zone still being worked on?

Cuz it's comfy as fuck.

>dad loves you so much that he murders mom and stuffs her soul in the giant robot that you must pilot

I hate that version because it removed Keeper Of Secrets. Why remove it and Fleshweaver?

Nice CYOA. Can I just check- defeating all your nemesis options is how you escape, right?

Anyone got the image version? Specifically looking for the ranks sections.

The link's in the pdf, second page. Here's a Rank page.

>No eternal loli for you to possess as the Guardian Spirit.
>No loli and FUCK HUEG spirit having a great time enjoying an eternity of adventures together.

0/10 CYOA would not make build for.

Why does Fem Gilgamesh have such a shitty name?

This version fucked over Guardian Spirit hard. It made it so you have to defend a small child from people who can INSTANTLY KILL THEM NO SAVE when you have no powers to stop it, or else you instantly die. Full fucking retard.

Are you actually a girl?
I know it's stupid fucking question, but people were saying shit and I'm having trouble coming to terms with it..

Explain this to the child, get put on bodyguard duty until they hit 18, tell them to release you and nobody will bother them any more. Boom, done. Now stop being a bitch.

>Explain this to the child
That's not going to do shit, because as I said, they have powers that can instantly kill the child. It's as easy as using the teleporting backstab or nuking a large area with a spell. You can't do anything to stop that.

Because I'm a shitty writer. To be fair, my original name for her was Nammu, but t seems that Highlander changed it.

Has Angel made an appearance since her tantrum? Has she said anything about the expansion for her CYOA?

You are a Demigod. If you can't protect one little child, you might as well not even bother being a Chosen.

>You are a Demigod
So was Hercules. Didn't make him invulnerable and all-powerful.