Unrealistic fighting styles

/a/ thinks this would trigger you fa/tg/uys. Does it?

Other urls found in this thread:

hokuto.wikia.com/wiki/Shura_Nindō
youtu.be/FUOIKfqkijY?t=2m5s
youtube.com/watch?v=QTHu-tucQGU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

That's hilarious. It reminds me a bit of that bodyguard with artificial legs in Kingsman, except obviously that was much cooler.

Nah, just switch the filename to "Tome of Battle.webm" and we'll call it a day.

My friend played a giant snake whose only useful combat ability was to trip people. This is just a video of a munchkin trying to make his shitty class useful.

Seems awesome to me. Then again, I'm a big fan of Legends of the Wulin.

The animation fan in me is more offended than the fa/tg/uy. I have no problem with flashy acrobatic combat but that was just boring style of substance for the sake of drawing extravagant shit.

Boring. You can do that with a +30 in acrobatics in 3.5e.

Wow, that's dumb.

That just seems like that dance fighting martial art to me.

And?

It's pretty dumb, but far from the dumbest things anime does, so meh.

>"If I walk on my swords that gives me an extra foot of height, can I claim bonuses for having higher ground? Also that means I can't be tripped, right?"

Kind of reminds me of that dervish prestige class back in 3.5

Such a retarded anime. Why practice a style that only works if you're fighting on soft dirt, have superhuman levels of strength/endurance, and would prefer having the balance of a stick instead of two legs.

hokuto.wikia.com/wiki/Shura_Nindō

The namesless Shura did it better with his bewitching poles.

I suppose it would have the advantage of surprising people the first time they see it. That's pretty much all I imagine it has going though

I don't really consider this particularly outstanding by anime standards in any case

nah this shit is totally possible if you build a character for it. besides, anything unrealistic here is waved away with "because its magic/the force"

Sauce?

I don't give a damn about unrealistic shit. I've seen better fight scenes for sure, but that's not bad.

Also filename really should be "Rakuyo.webm"

To be fair, her people live in a mountain range and dont venture outside of it. Most of their weapons and tactics are designed to fight in that area. (Including repelling ropes etc)

How does she gain momentum? this is sillier than zero gravity martial arts without locks, chokings and grapples.

Shut up, Obi-Wan. Your lightsaber doesn't even work that way.

Alderamin on the Sky

That's pretty tame for an anime, what's dumb there?

Oh, my webm was more related to the "I've seen better fight scenes" part.

kek

Anything from Bobobo

Depends on what game we're playing. If it's something that's intended to be realistic then obviously it'd be out of place, but if someone wanted to pull this shit off in something more cinematic like high-fantasy or wuxia then I'd go out my way to let 'em.

Same with shit like firing two pistols at once or wearing impractical armor. If the setting is stylised enough, let it fly.

>Cute as fuck magical girl wrecking someone in hand to hand.

Oh christ what is this? I need more.

I don't even mind it being unrealistic, we play fantasy and sci-fi it'll be dumb to just copy real life stuff, we have to make new stuff that seems like it would happen in response to the new fantastical elements inteoduced. But holy shit is the stuff in the OP garbage, the fucking sword bitch routinely points her weapons away from her target, and only due to bad anime time does she manage to not take twice as long to swing as her opponent.

It's from the final episode of Happiness Charge Precure. Precure's mostly generic mahou shoujo stuff, but the fights are usually pretty fucking great. If you've ever wondered where Dragon Ball Super's budget went, it went to Precure.

The only issue i have is that the big ass NotKukris didn't shatter the thin as sword on the skydive bit.

Pretty Cure.

it's a by-the-books magical girl show, but instead of sparkles or edgy subversions most of the budget goes into fight scenes.

Most anime annoys me. And not because it's anime, but most anime shit is just stupid.

I have no problem with beserker and other stuff like that. But most of the rest of the guys that seems either too childish, too sexualized, or worse, both.

That makes me moist. But then, I'm the type of guy who likes gimmicks that don't really work. I'm basically one of the guys is talking about, except I suck at actually doing it.

This makes me even more moist. I must know what this is from.

Fuck these slow downs, just give me the action like it's supposed to happen. My brain is able to perceive what's happening and if not, I will want to rewatch it. Sword of the Stranger was great for that reason.

The entire scene looks pretty dumb, from character design to animation to choreography, but I am not particularly offended, no.

Holy crap, this is Pretty Cure?
I had lost all interest when it turned into generic-as-fuck Mahou Shoujo after a very interesting and atypical first season, but this makes me think there might still be some merit to it.

To be honest with you, Pretty Cure is nothing but generic-as-fuck shit with great fight scenes. A couple seasons try to have more of a story, but they ultimately fail to deliver anything I'd consider satisfying. If you can stomach that, then I'd say pick it up again, but otherwise I wouldn't recommend it.

Guess I can always just look for a fight scene compilation.

Horrible anime with zero story and zero logical application of strategy, fighting styles, or realism should stay in /a/ and never leave.

> 22+ Dex

Nothing to be mad about. Its clearly a fighting style designed for fighting in uneven terrain (so you only need very small points of usable battlefield and can easily dominate anyone trying to fight a normal 2D battle) that doubles as being so unconventional that only another high tier fighter can adapt to it fast enough to not get wrecked in the first encounter.

As long as that's not the only way she knows how to fight, she's good.

I want her hat

Since it's two cute girls doing it it's fine, if it wa a skinny smug twink I'd be triggered

>triggered
I see insultingly-stupid anime violence on here all the time.

Damn, that's smooth. What's it from?

Am I the only one that thought "Dark Souls" when I saw this?

youtu.be/FUOIKfqkijY?t=2m5s

wait, that's a chick?

No. You're a weeb.

I have no idea why a fan of animation would be irritated by animation that serves no other purpose than looking awesome.

Shinchan!

It's called core strength. Have you never seen breakdancing?

I wish everything could be as good as Sword of the Stranger

Shin-Chan! what episode was this?

The style being unrealistic is fine. The animation itself is fine. The pacing is fucking awful and it makes the whole fight a chore to watch.

It doesn't trigger me since I'm a gigantic weeb, but it also doesn't impress me. It's actually kind of stupid, and I hate the "crazy grin" type of character. Shit gets old, and that type of character is inevitably trash, and inevitably attracts trash fans.

>1472848040542
>Not "Abyss Watcher fights an Estoc Unkindled."

Nah. Try it with /k/ and see what happens.

I have this saved just for you.

What's impractical about firing two pistols at once? I mean it won't be as accurate as if you are only focusing with one, but if you are going for volume it would be ok, also old style pistols weren't that accurate anyways.

a setting with nothing but airguns would be enough to trigger /k/, I think

Guns tend to have recoil and improper stance can cause the gun to either fly out of your hands, hit you in the face, or both.

Firing two pistols at the same time basically doubles the chances of injury while lessening your accuracy as well.

It really depends on the caliber of the gun. I mean yes guns have a kick, but unless you are completely unprepared it shouldn't fly out of your hand or it you in the face. Lots of people have shot guns one handed and not hurt themselves. You are right about lost accuracy but if you can make that up by putting out more bullets it may be worth it. Heck you can justify it with magic guns that have infinite ammo that way you don't have to throw your guns away and get a new pair, or stop and spend time reloading your guns after you fired.

Even by /a/ standards this is stupid.

the bad directing triggers me more than the retard fighting style and ignorance of physics.

/a/ has shit taste in anime desu.

bleach threads with 300+ replies?really?
fucking asuna waifufags?no thank you.

>implying most boards aren't 99% cancer and 1% good content

Agreed. I can deal with goofy ass weeaboo fightan magic if it's pulled off well. This was not.

>I dislike thing unless thing is good.

Shockingly, that's most people.

As long as it's acknowledged as unrealistic it's fine. But if someone insists that that webm is totally something that would work in real life, that's when the triggering comes.

But that would work IRL if you had the right build and training.
It isn't that far from capoeira.

I'd disagree. It's working mostly because in anime fight scenes gravity is arbitrary.

Chocolate bitch didn't really do any gravity-defying shit till that last move.
The redhead, on the other hand...

It would be "possible", but it would be a terrible way to fight that hampers you more than anything else by A; leaving you with only one blade to strike or guard with when you could have two, and B; being incredibly labour-intensive; your foe would just have to rope-a-dope you until you get tired of doing handstands and all the blood starts to pool in your head.

Or just shoot you full of arrows/bolts/bullets/magical lightning because you can't hold a shield.

Don't have this debate; this is a non-starter.

But /a/ is just 100% cancershit.

That's my biggest issue with anime. I used to be majorly into it in high school, but I grew out of it. When I came back to it a few years ago, I realized that half of the shit coming out today is full of ridiculously huge tits for no reason in the middle of an otherwise cool setting, or an endless stream of contrived and easily misunderstood sexy-looking coincidences.

There's a few really great ones out there, like AnoHana or Galaxy Express 999, but really I've found that the older 70's-80's anime are the only ones that interest me any more. Classic Gundam is damn good, Macross is awesome if a bit cheesy, Galaxy Express is pure sci-fi bullshit on top of a really awesome story, etc. It's rare than an anime these days takes itself seriously and doesn't throw in a huge titted loli to draw in the waifufags instead of just trying to make a good show.

Heartcatch Precure was actually pretty damn good. It had a story that hit a bit harder than some of the rest, even though the style looks girlier than most of them. The final fight scene in that series is fucking amazing if nothing else.

(Without reading the rest of the thread)

Does this scream Exalted to anyone else?

I disagree.
You are not taking into account the element of surprise that comes with such a weird style and how fast-paced it is.

This scene would have been a lot better if she was just doing normal sword dancing instead of whatever the hell you want to call this retarded sword-stilt action

The fast pace is largely a function of the stylistic choices of the anime.

In reality your arms are innately weaker than your legs, and less suited to locomotion; you balance poorly on them, and you expose yourself to the distinct possibility of over-rotating your arm, potentially injuring yourself embarrasingly; not to mention that all those spinning somersault-attacks have a distinct possibility of landing on your head and breaking your neck, and even if you land them will likely leave you disoriented and open to simply being shot or punctured with spear in the half-second it takes to rebalance and recover from the impact of the landing.

I understand you must have come down from /a/ with the intent of triggering folks by insisting that this is "realistic" to test the hypothesis that we're a bunch of easily triggered neckbeardy type fellas.

But I'm quite content to let you carry on believing whatever you like.

youtube.com/watch?v=QTHu-tucQGU

Here, have a thematically appropriate tune.

>Walking around on your swords via your hands
>Working IRL

You'd get stabbed so fucking fast and there is absolutely nothing you'd be able to do about it while in that position

God damn it Pretty Cure, I am a grown ass man and you're a show for literal toddlers stop shaking your kung-fu at me when you know I'm looking.

>open to simply being shot or punctured with spear
Before that, anyone with a solid shield can knock them off their single point of contact with the ground, with almost no hope of proper recovery.

Makes sense as some kind of weird ceremonial sword dance, I guess.

The fuck is this, magical girl foreplay?

Really, there are so many things wrong with it that complaining about it is sort of futile isn't it?

Now as a ceremonial sword-dance I think it would be pretty neato.

The Arab and Highland real life sword dances always seem to lack a certain dynamism to me.

But well, doing Northern Soul with an unsheathed Tulwar sounds like a recipie for losing a foot.

I'm bothered by how many unnecesary hand moves the red one does.
It's like those movie character who want to show they know kung fu by moving their arms very fast for no fucking reason.

nice bait,and dubs.

at least the cancer of other boards stay in their respective containment threads.

take /mu/ for example.kpop general is always on the front page,but those fags never mention that shit outside the general,otherwise they would get torn apart.

Veeky Forums is no different.people caught erpposting outside of their cesspits are kindly told to fuck off.

but because all of /a/ is made up of those people and most anime is shit,they can get away with shitposting about shows that are 99% fanservice and 1% story.

It's just Exalted.
Meh.

Literally the first thing she does after her first attack is divert her momentum in midair with nothing to push off of.

I feel this would be overall improved if she had blades on her feet too.

Nitpick: He didn't say it would be effective, he just said it was possible.

>miss miss miss
>parry parry parry parry
>miss
>parry parry
Super sweet fighting style, right there.
Sarcasm aside, I did like the dual Gurkhas.

Reminds me somewhat of Skulldeath's fighting style from Malazan Book of the Fallen.

I don't like it when it looks stupid.

At least have impractical weapons designed to suit the impractical fighting style.

Also have a reason for it within the world. Maybe it's for a specific, bizarre enemy. Maybe it's symbolic of the culture or some shit. Maybe the entire setting is satire/comedy so these insane things are par-the-course

So a dervish?

Maybe as a spectacle thing? Shit, I'd be pretty impressed if I saw somebody moving like that.

I'm pretty sure a child with a kitchen knife would beat somebody trying to use that in an actual fight though.

You'd snap your wrists like twigs if you tried to move that fast in those positions.

Relegated pretty much entirely to the superhuman here, friendo. And that's fine, but don't try to claim somebody could do that shit in real life as anything other than a circus act.

Hell of a circus act, mind.

That just seems really bad for your weapons. Fuck up a little on the balance you'll snap one of your swords in half.

What really triggers me is people wielding swords or daggers primarily back hand. Its fucking stupid.

Daily reminder that the ugly manfaced redhead in the OP is supposed to be this 10/10 qt in the original official art.

How does this make you feel?