Sabrina went into convulsions as the pain grew more intense

>Sabrina went into convulsions as the pain grew more intense

What if... what if you had to eat an extremely spicy pepper whenever you get a critical failure? Would this make for a more exciting D&D game?

Is this a fetish thing?

It's a pain thing?

Critical Failures are random. It wouldn't make the D&D game more exciting, it would just mean that pain is applied at semi-regular intervals.

Casters roll less than martials, so you'd be affecting class balance

>it would just mean that pain is applied at semi-regular intervals

Would this make the game more fun?

Perhaps for the others. I grew up with a family that included a grandmother that grew the hottest damned peppers she could get hold of. At this point I think nothing short of a scotch bonnet will even register as uncomfortable to me. Now if we had to go up the heat scale with every failure then you'll have a real party on your hands. That or a group of screaming players trying to multitask between murdering the GM and drinking milk.

>Would this make the game more fun?
No, randomly mediated punishments are not fun. However, if you get rewarded for rolling well, then you've created a Skinner box.

It can be both.

I'd much rather figure out some kind of drinking game.

Do not touch Skinner's box.
She has syphilis!

You can get used to extreme spiciness and many people have done so. Some players would just get a runny nose, while others would probably have to quit out of pain. It can't be equal so it's not really a good idea.

Milk is a loser's game. A shot of heavy cream swished around the mouth clears it right up. The fattier the better.

Doesn't milk make it worse? What you want is iced tea.

Depending on the fat content, milk might not do anything. 2% or less could only work as a placebo, and fat free might as well be dirty water for how effective it is.

> 2% or less could only work as a placebo
2% milk has more than 60% the milk fat of whole milk, which has 3.25% fat. 2% milk is the second most fatty of the milks. I don't know why you think it wouldn't have an effect.

>Doesn't milk make it worse? What you want is iced tea.
Capcaicin--the chemical that makes peppers spicy--isn't water soluble. You need something with fat in it to really wash it away. also...

From Wikipedia:
>When capsaicin is ingested, cold milk is an effective way to relieve the burning sensation (due to caseins having a detergent effect on capsaicin); and room-temperature sugar solution (10%) at 20 °C (68 °F) is almost as effective. The burning sensation will slowly fade away over several hours if no actions are taken.

Good thing she didn't rub it on her pussy

2% has never worked for me. Whole milk worked a noticeable (But small) amount.

I don't really know to be honest. In my family you either toughed it out when the burning hit or you ended up being labeled a sissy. And let me tell you, nothing feels worse than having your own grandma call you a wuss for asking for water to choke down a pepper.

Funny thing, my old group in high school, we used to hit each others hands with a hammer if we crit failed.

Not so funny thing, I now have arthritis in my left hand because of it.

>crit failures
>ever
You're being punished for something that happens 5% of the time you roll a die, in this case in a physical way.
If you and your party think that this idea is funny, go for it. But if I were one of your players I'd refuse.

For a given definitions of exciting - sure.

No

There's a few strategies, but the most effective seem to be a combination of fatty and sugary.

Consider those countries known for spicy foods, where hotness is less so a measure of bravado and more a way of life. Mexico has horchata (rice and sugary drink), and India has lassi (yogurt and fruit drink). Other countries have much the same, but when consuming spicy food is so routine, it becomes common practice to serve such food with an optional antidote.

>Roll a 1 take a drink
>DM rolls 20 take a drink
>player rolls 20 gets to pick someone to take a drink

Where do you even come up with these ideas?

If the player agrees to this silliness, I'd encourage them to only eat it when they're eating it: 0 hp. You might offer indefinite saves if they have a higher scoville pepper than previous

>>Sabrina went into convulsions as the pain grew more intense
>The dick however did not stop there, it kept filling her, pushing deeper and deeper into her uterus

Go away, John Wick

Playing 5e, everyone would just get the Lucky feat or play Halflings.
No, punishing players IRL for bad luck on dice isn't going to make anything more fun
Leave your fetish at the front door