DAY 1 ERRATA REQUIRED: THESE DON'T REQUIRE AN UNTAPPED CREATURE IN THE CREW COST

DAY 1 ERRATA REQUIRED: THESE DON'T REQUIRE AN UNTAPPED CREATURE IN THE CREW COST

Other urls found in this thread:

mtgsalvation.gamepedia.com/Tap
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No shit....

I don't understand what you're saying. The crew cost is 3 and you have to tap a creature to fill the crew...

NOW THIS IS PODRACING

the text is "tap any number of creatures you control"
it should read "tap any number of untapped creatures you control"

but you can't even tap a creature that's already tapped right?

You can, but not to pay a cost.

you can. which is why these cards presumably need errata

Correct otherwise voice in the woods could create infinite creatures and azami could draw the deck.

Exactly right. Fuck all you goddamn idiots. The reactions to this set have been triggering me to the max.

Pow

nice

>energy mechanic
I guess they really ran out of ideas and are having to make new resources. Those energy costs seem super fucking high to make a 6/6 and shit.

Also why the fuck am I so excited for vehicles? Finally seems like red is going to get a mechanic almost entirely to itself for once.

>implying red will have the monopoly on cheap interactive flyers and undercosted hasted tramplers
They'll give blue and green some cards that interact with the mechanic far better than red just to fuck us over.

That's a load of shit unless they've changed how they template this.

>green
>getting vehicles
Please no, the only other colour I could even see getting some vehicles is blue.

well, they might

Keep in mind that green has had its artifact hate taken away from it for the set, because they want all of the colors to work in harmony with the set's theme, which is 'artifacts are awesome.'

But personally, I expect green to be the secondary color of fabricate and energy counters.

Actually it's probably going to be red/white primarily, there's a red/white lord for vehicles.

>Vehicles
cool as shit

>Energy counters
literally why

Dude Kaladesh must smell so fucking bad, it's literally all Dwarves and Poo-in-loos

>White
Fabricate and energy counters
>Blue
???
>Black
???
>Red
Vehicles matter
>Green
Fabricate and energy counters

The preferred mechanics and keywords of blue and black haven't been revealed yet.

RACECARS.DEC WHEN

Also, for flavour fail, make an Ornithoper big enough to Crew the Flagship, then equip the Flagship with a Neurok Hoversail.

What is it with you fucks and pulling this shit. Its obvious, and only a jackass would think otherwise.

They've already shown template changes this set, why wouldn't they remove the redundancy?

Can I tap a taped land to pay the cost for its tap mana abilities?

>you can use thopters to pilot the suicidal-tier racecars
I'm lovin' it.

Bitch please, I wanna Crew a Vehicle and use it to Crew another Vehicle and use that vehicle to Crew the Flagship.

Get all Gurren Lagan up in this bitch.

They better make a vehicle that gives a bonus when you use it to crew another vehicle now.
I NEED THIS.
Also, vehicles with Meld that turn into a sick ass mecha.

>Amazi
>specifies untapped

A germ in an equipment in a boat, perhaps?

>117.3. A player can’t pay a cost unless he or she has the necessary resources to pay it fully. For example, a player with only 1 life can’t pay a cost of 2 life, and a permanent that’s already tapped can’t be tapped to pay a cost. See rule 202, “Mana Cost and Color,” and rule 602, “Activating Activated Abilities.”

>a permanent that’s already tapped can’t be tapped to pay a cost

It's not even a rules change, they just formatted it that way in the past to make sure it was intuitive and clear.

You can NOT tap a tapped creature. If you Twiddle a tapped creature, you can only choose to untap it. If it is untapped, you can only choose the option to tap it.

Spells that target tapped creatures and then try to tap those creatures skip that part of he spell because it is an impossible action.

mtgsalvation.gamepedia.com/Tap

According to this, you cannot tap a tapped permanent. Has there ever been a situation where tapping a tapped permanent has been useful

I think we're pretty solid on it, right side of the colon is a result. Just early cards being more overt.

>assembling a contraption is melding together DFCs that aren't confined to only working with a single other card but to work in unison and in different ways

>If you Twiddle a tapped creature, you can only choose to untap it.

No, you can chose to tap it but nothing will happen. You can't tap a tapped creature to pay a cost is all, but any "tap target creature" effect can be used on a tapped creature.

>>assembling a contraption is melding together DFCs that aren't confined to only working with a single other card but to work in unison and in different ways
I can only imagine how much text would need to be printed for these cards.

Not exactly, but some cards tap a creature and then perform a second effect. If you couldn't target a tapped creature with them, you'd lose out on the second effect.

Damn, you are right. I was thinking of a different card that works in a different way that may or may have not been in a Judge test.
Thank god I'm anonymous here and no one will know of my incorrectness. :^)

The real nightmare is that you'd have to format Assembling a Contraption in such a way that it functions with Steamflogger Boss.

I should have never been that way in the first place. People point out how unnecessary it is in custom card places all the time.

>I should have never been that way in the first place.

I'm sure you had your reasons, Springleaf Drum.

I wonder if Chandra's gonna get a racecar to go with her cats.

>assemble a contraption (fusing two of the DFC cards)
>do the action a second time if possible
Not really that hard.

Wait hold the fuck up.
>Set theme is an inventor's fair
>Using energy and resources to make things
>Next set has you using energy to pay costs that let you assemble contraptions
>With Rigger tribal
MAKE IT HAPPEN

ITT: Veeky Forums does it again
only post that matters in this whole thread

Wouldn't contraptions fit more like into a world flavored more raw and ragged? Where contraptions are makeshift devices and not polished inventions? Things you come up on the fly constructed out things you found, improvised to fit a certain, urgent need?

They don't fit Kaladesh or any currently plane really.

Magic: Wacky races. Fucking fund it. Tezzeret can have some bladed fancy machine, sarkhan can have his look like a dragon, jace gets a jelly fish, kiora an octopus, nissa a wooden boxcar, liliana gets a car made of skeletons. It would be incredible

Didn't MaRo already say that Riggers/Contraptions aren't gonna be in Kaladesh?

>Things you come up on the fly constructed out things you found, improvised to fit a certain, urgent need?
Considering the next set is called "Aether Revolt", you can probably assume that the plane is about to run into some deep shit.
>genius inventors having the build shit on the go to stay alive

>people are stupid
more news at 11

Nissa gets regret.

This: Contraptions and riggers are not in Kaladesh. They didn't fit the flavor, Maro said.

>mfw already have a dwarf/vehicle themed edh deck brewing

I can't wait to use this lil nigga to pilot two cars at once.

>They didn't fit the flavor, Maro said.
"A set about inventing interesting devices to show your skills doesn't fit with the word "contraptions" and there totally isn't anywhere we could fit something with a name like steamflogger boss even though Kaladesh has huge forges as we showed in Origins!"
MaRo can go shoot himself, I want my fucking riggers.

>Maro: "I want to bring contraptions into Magic!"
>MtG playerbase: "Fuck you, Maro, kill yourself with your shit opinions! I want contraptions!"

Here's the problem, "you" can't be the one performing the action. Your Riggers have to Assemble the Contraptions.

Nicol Bolas has no car, his vehicle is the Weatherlight.

Gideon's car is literally foot-powered like the Flintstones, Ajani's car is powered by cats chasing a laser light, Elspeth's car is a casket, and Nahiri's is the Snively Whiplash of the show, who tries to lie, cheat, and steal her way across the finish line, only to bungle up her own plans and crash in spectacular fashion.

But he's saying there WON'T be contraptions in Kaladesh, read it again. Are you saying that there ARE contraptions now? Make up your fucking mind.

I didn't mean literally you, I just meant that building contraptions would give energy it's own unique niche instead of how for now it just seems like "mana that doesn't empty and can be used for these generic effects"

>>Gideon's car is literally foot-powered like the Flintstone

Inb4 Beefslab.

Why would nahiri fail? She beat Sorin.

So, this is the definition of a shark jump, right?

Yeah, Magic has definitely not had magical vehicles before.

fuck off with your one shit card whining.

The only thing retarded about it is that the power required seems to be in the 1-3 range.

You'd think a giant 5-drop airship needs more than your average hill giant to pilot it, but I guess you'd be wrong.

>So, this is the definition of a shark jump, right?
How so user?

Really? why isn't magic dead yet? It's been almost a decade since Urza's Power Armor.

It's a better Ball Lightning, why would it cost the same or less as it?

Yes.
It's exactly as bad as DFCs, Split Cards, Flip Cards, Planeswalkers, Hybrid Mana, Colorless nonartifact spells, Mythic Rares, Hybrid Mana, and Equipment, all of which also jumped the shark and killed Magic.

>It's a better Ball Lightning
Ball Lightning needs another creature to be able to attack?
Ball Lightning is an artifact?
Ball Lightning costs 4 mana?

>Magic has definitely not had magical vehicles before.
It kind of did - back when Banding was a thing.
Also airship is by definition a vehicle, and there's Flagship Predator.
Also Urza's mechas.

If anything was a shark jump it was duel faced cards.

>let's apply reality to mtg cards
WHY DOESN'T JUGGERNAUTS NEEDS CREW TO RUN? MAGIC IS DEEEDDD RRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Ball Lightning is an artifact?

How is being able to avoid sorcery-speed removal and not dying after you summon it a bad thing? And I'm just going to ignore the 4 mana part, since you don't seem to understand what the post was about.

This is a wild guess at this point, but can Vehicle Tron be a thing?

>How is being able to avoid sorcery-speed removal and not dying after you summon it a bad thing?
Dies to the more common and cheaper cost artifact removal.

They really killed Magic with those Meld cards.

They killed Magic with diamond mana.

>diamond mana.
*anus mana

They killed Magic with Phyrexian mana.

They killed Magic with mythic rarity.

They killed magic with Volcanic island

They killed Magic with printing it.

They killed Magic by conceiving a child and naming him Richard.

They killed Magic when they conceptualized the mana system.

Reminder text is not rules text, and it's really common for the reminder text of complicated keywords to not be entirely technically accurate. Soul Bond is one keyword I remember where the reminder text didn't agree with the actual rules almost at all.

Only 8 deaths, the minimum quota here is 100 magic deaths per thread. Get moving people.

OK. In the first place,
>207.2. The text box may also contain italicized text that has no game function.
>207.2a. Reminder text is italicized text within parentheses that summarizes a rule that applies to that card. It usually appears on the same line as the ability it's relevant to, but it may appear on its own line if it applies to an aspect of the card other than an ability.

In the second place,
>117.3. A player can't pay a cost unless he or she has the necessary resources to pay it fully. For example, a player with only 1 life can't pay a cost of 2 life, and a permanent that's already tapped can't be tapped to pay a cost. See rule 202, "Mana Cost and Color," and rule 602, "Activating Activated Abilities."

Did convoke confuse you morons as well?

Red goes fastah

So, if you cast a Twiddle targeting an opponent's creature, and they tap it in response, you'd be forced to untap their creature instead?

I wanna see some quality burn and RU cards that work in the Izzet Burn deck

Don't wanna rework the thing into a fucking racecar deck

No read the rest of the replies.

We're getting a mox this set

Yes i did. I kept screaming at them 'GUYS, HELP ME CAST THIS SPELL, I NEED YOUR HELP TO WIN HERE.' but the cards didn't budge.

As per the comprehensive rules, in order to tap something as a cost, it must be untapped. Same as how you can't sacrifice as a cost from an empty field or discard as a cost from an empty hand.

Shit I hope this asshole gets reprinted, it'd be DEEPEST LORE

>convoke in aether revolt
I'm not feeling it.

No shit, he was being sarcastic.