How would you make "a broken heart" a BBEG's main motivation?

How would you make "a broken heart" a BBEG's main motivation?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pvU3Tw3Lemk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Wasn't there that screen cap about the group who was stopping an Elf who was trying to bring back her dead human lover, and went to extremes to do so? Like, instead of using a cypher so nobody could read her notes which were written in Dwarvish, she wiped out the dwarves instead?

>My wife's one wish in life... was to kill all of humanity.

This was literally the first post in the 'how would you make a chuuni BBEG' thread as well.

His beloved was a nymph, but her pond was becoming polluted by mineral run-off from the nearby city. He does everything in his power to save her, but it's too late.

Just make him a bastard.
Not because of the broken heart, that's unrelated.
He's just an utter bastard who hurts other people to feel better about being spurned.

>Strahd von Zarovich

>He's just an utter bastard who hurts other people to feel better about being spurned.

>Local noble's wife cheats on him with a copper dragon, who finds the cuckoldry hilarious
>He goes bonkers and sets off to wipe out dragonkind

What the hell is a chuuni?

Reminds me of Shadow.

youtube.com/watch?v=pvU3Tw3Lemk

If he succeeds, none of his crimes will matter, because it all goes back to the beginning. If he fails, he doesn't care what happens to the world.

'And Alexander wept, for he saw there were no lands left to conquer.' So he decided to conquer the sun.

He just wants his wife, the only person to ever see any value in his worthless hide, back. And damn the world, and anyone who stands in his way.

>no lands left to conquer
That's when you conquer the sea and air.

Also,
>Alexander literally forgetting that India, Europe, and the rest of Africa existed
Ok

Make them have prototype cybernetic heart that requires some rare and/or forbidden for civilians source of energy.

Have them wracked with guilt over getting a loved one into the hero business, only to end up dead. It's all about fixing that mistake now, no matter the cost.

Guy couldn't top Kublai Khan for a reason.

Pretty good, Alex. Not Great. Pretty good.

Kublai Khan suffered from the "conquerer's grandson" syndrome and was a mistake.

Alexander topped him because he worked to expand his dad's empire instead of splitting it up.

>BBEG is some sort of prince of some type
>Falls in love with princess of the hero's kingdom
>Their relationship brings peace to the land
>He's always trying to impress her, while she's spending her money helping her people out
>He gets clingy and annoying
>She starts becoming distant, and eventually falls in love with a commoner
>The prince finds out, and is broken hearted
>Prince stages the princess' assassination, and blames it on her own nation

From here you can have him declare war, go to the brink of war, take over both kingdoms and commit genocide against anyone who's of the same race (Either fantasy race, or real one) of her lover, or just be a general dickhead who hates the princess's kingdom and wants to fuck with it all the time.

This could work. Maybe BBEG is a necromancer, and won't accept that their loved one is only an undead puppet, a figment of their imagination, rather than an actual person. This led to the BBEG being insane, and is convinced that they need to do some huge human sacrifice thing in order to make the voices go away, and to kill anyone who says that he died.

You are, user. you are.

By making her hate the world that took away her love.

One of my villains started on his path of darkness because his brother, the good king, was convinced by a traitorous advisor the future villain was evil.
In the king's defense, the dude did a lot of questionable stuff without thinking about the ramifications, but he was still redeemable. However, the king turned out to be the thing rooting the villain in sanity- his past had left him with a lot of attachment issues, so when he got the door from the person he admired the most, he began to fall toward evil and eventually drifted down the slippery slope.
Now he's obsessed with proving his superiority and value, believing that his power will gather devotees and fill the void of affection he claws for desperately. Despite everything he's accomplished, he's pretty pathetic when everything's said and done.

>How would you make "a broken heart" a BBEG's main motivation?
By combining it with something else.

Kill the hero hedgehog in front of her so she cries, because "the princess crying" is literally the seal on the flames of the apolcalypse.

Quints confirm best failsafe against armageddon is a teenage girl not being allowed to cry ever.

This is what our bard's player jokes will happen if her love interest my character dies and isn't able to be rezzed.
Welp, quints confirm. Someone's gotta check 'em.

And Genghis tops them all for starting with absolutely nothing and building the biggest empire the world had seen.

Clearly we just need to cut her eyes out.

No eyes, no cries.

But then she'll cry when she realizes she has no eyes.

See, thats why we took the tear ducts out too.

She can't cry if she's literally incapable of it.

He really made that show work imo. Once he was defeated I slowly lost interest.

It's the tear ducts that are the problem, asshole.

Tear ducts are separate organ actually.
But jamming hot iron in eye sockets should seal them, so you have a point there.

>No mention of preventing the hedgehog's death
>No mention of going back in time to beat the shit out of her idiot father for setting up such a stupid seal

See, the first would involve not letting Sonic get murdered. And I'll take gouging the princess' eyes and tear ducts out over saving Sonic.

I mean, either of those goes without saying. Address the problems with the current plan before looking at others.

This?

>starting with absolutely nothing
Wikipedia says his father was a powerful Mongolian noble. It's not that much, but it's a lot more than nothing.

He was the middle child of a minor chieftain of a tribe of illiterate hunter-herdsmen. Stories of the mongolians before the conquest say they were so poor they wore clothing made of mouse-pelts sewn together because they had no batter skins available to them.
Thats pretty close to nothing in terms of power.

Alexander started with a massive army, already trained and equipped, with some of the brightest mind of the day as his advisors.

>ywn have a barren qt like Ellie

/thread

Dead people cannot cry right? It would be much quicker and easier

He knows nothing will bring her back. Revenge won't solve anything, but it's all he has left.

Just tell him to stop standing still like a fucking retard

You stay still, you die, idiot

Problem solved series over

>barren
Does she see it as a problem? Do you?
Because for plenty of couples this would be blessing rather than curse.

Most women tend to see being barren as a problem for much the same reason why aborting a retarded fetus is still a very difficult decision.

Because women are human too and they don't like their bodies shutting doors or forcing problems on them, you see the same reaction with men that lose their balls.

Base it off of a CK2 playthrough.

Rule decent sized nation. No bother to anybody. Generations pass and nation increases in size peacefully. No wars. Not enemy to anyone.

Current ruler is a Queen. Husband assassinated. Capture assassin. Assassin confesses his employer, eventually.

Sultan of most of Spain.

oh_no_you_fucking_didnt.tapestry

For the next 500 years there was never a time when there wasn't a holy war going on in Spain and an assassination plot at the same time.

And woe betide any of that Sultan's family or any in their service that were stupid enough to be taken alive in battle. Not one of them died with their eyes and bollocks still attached.

Due to the constant Holy War the moral authority of Sunni Islam was so low that Islamic heresy spread across all the North Africa, Middle East and Asia eventually causing the collapse of the Abbisid Caliphate and the start of the disintegration and death of Islam.

The death of million and the collapse of nations all because of one woman's broken heart.

Make them 14.
And all the PCs 10.

Crusader Kings 2 is the single best campaign-maker in a DM's arsenal, the thing created scenarios, NPCs, even settings.

I'm aware of that, at the same time I've met good deal of women that think more long the lines of "Yay, no more pills in ever."
That's why I'm asking what's the situation in this specific case.

Make it less about the loss itself and more about what caused it.

Waging a war because your waifu got cancer is senseless. Waging war cause she was unjustly executed by the country you're waging war on is much more sympathetic and interesting.

Karakuri Circus spoiler
Karakuri Circus did that quite nicely

She won. She won, and she became God. Everything was perfect.

Except he was dead.

Why? Why did he have to die?

What use was the world without him in it?

No. No she'll just go back. She'll destroy it all and go back. Over and over again, until he lives.

What else could a girl in love do?

Ever had the Anti-Christ Emperor marry Joan of Arc?

Yeah, "Satan please bring back my dead lover" is pretty tried-and-true.

I've had mighty emperors marry beautiful ex-concubines and enjoy long, fruitful and deeply loving marriages.

And then someone assassinates the wife and the husband not only goes insane, he wipes out the entire family tree of the attacker.

At least tell me the concubines were all corrupted nuns or close blood relatives or both. It's just not right unless something fucked up is happening.

Sorry, the concubine was the daughter of a concubine and described as "quick, gregarious and attractive," she was married to a minor duke for about two years before he suffered a terrible accident and she ended up in the Imperial bedchambers.

The two fell in love within three months.

We're actually playing MAID RPG.

She could: Be a complete piece of trash, unworthy of love.

Oh right, she already is.

Don't know if this qualifies but in a game I'm currently playing in where I am doing the bbeg for the dm, thr Bbeg loves the princess, it's mutual, and he long sought to court her. Saved the nation from an invasion a while back, thought he'd get his chance, but the king snubed him and told him he wasn't of a good enough bloodline and engaged her to someone else. So now he's plotting to overthrow the king, has a cult, has dealings with an orc horde, used human sacrifice to become a demigod, and killed a pretty large portion of the nation's heavy calvary in a scripted ambush to get rid of the princesses fiance. All so he can have a shot at marrying her.

So a loving and healthy relationship between two consenting adults.

You fucking sicken me,

True. Alexander was a brilliant field commander, but he pretty much inherited one of the top armies of the day from his daddy. I prefer Hellenistic to non-Hellenistic, but I can't argue that Genghis Khan was just a ridiculously fucking OP historical character.