Connected to Public Grid...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files:
>Disassemblers_vs_Dog_Shaman.trid
>Roof_Over_Your_Head.sim
>Who_To_Pay_Off_This_Month.pdf
> Bot'Kham_Smuggling_Routes.ar

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 768 (43% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Lake Acids Coming South, GET OUT NOW'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Gangbag.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

So what's your gangland like? I imagine a lot of you live in Low neighbourhoods, where you get to see the best and toughest thugs on the streets. Even Middle neighbourhoods are gang territory, though the gang is as likely to have a badge as not. What sort of unique, kickass bosses, thrillgangs, and crews have you run into?

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/RKq72iWk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How do you make a good archer in 5e?

Either bigass cyberarms and a static bow, or adept powers and that dynamic bow. You need to put a lot of points into it to compete with guns. Get that pistol crossbow from R&G with injection bolts or shock heads/static shafts for a surprisingly efficient concealable weapon.

Normal arrowheads are trash, and monotip are a trap. Get barbed if you absolutely need a quiet option, hammerheads for non-lethal but explosive will be your bread and butter (and there's an accuracy penalty with them, hence needing a shitton of dice). Incendiary are neat for when you want to firebomb people from a couple hundred meters away in stealth, but not worth getting more than a dozen for special occasions (and some for the pistol crossbow). Seeker shafts are also useful, if expensive- get a couple with barbed or hammerheads for when you absolutely need to snipe someone.

I'm not seeing the dynamic bow?

By 'bigass cyberarms or adept powers' I mean STR 10 is the minimum you should consider. With explosive heads you can hit like a sniper rifle (with 14P -4AP), but less than that's not worth it.

It's in Hard Targets.

Do weapon/armor mods even exist in 5e? Is it all just accesories?

>yfw the GM gives the BBEG Monofilimant Whips

>So what's your gangland like?

Cybercriminals,man. I'm holed up in the basement of my buddy's electronics boutique, so every bar in the district's a hacker bar. Bunch of gangs run their comms through the little anonymous mesh network we got set up here and they're smart enough not to ruin a good thing by fucking with us. We'll even throw a little free BTL their way (because seriously, who knows optimizing simsense channels at BTL-levels better than us, you feel me?) to cause enough trouble to keep the cops too busy dealing with them to realize we even exist.

Of course they do. There's tons in R&G, and more elsewhere.

I've always wondered what would happen if someone were to turn on a powerful magnet while someone is whipping around a monofilament whip.

hey /srg/
what are the 5 most action movie weapons out there

I want to make a Horizon series of weapons. Each has a trideo capture device standard that connects with a eyeware device and will record whatever the user is looking at. I'm thinking some kind of 9mm, an assualt rifle, a rpg, a sniper rifle, and a big sword.

all should come with extended mags (movies don't reload) and low recoil (shaky cam is passe) but lower damage and accuracy.

Given that you can have a grappling gun built into a cyberarm, could you get a smuggling compartment in the same arm and argue the two are connected, so you could keep the rope internal too? Also, could you use the hand from the cyber arm as the grappling hook? Finally, could you fire a grappling gun at someone in combat and use it to yank them towards you?

Is there any government left on earth that is able to stand up the corporate court? Or is it a corporate world government?

Are there any governments left that could, if not rival the corporate court, at least hold their own against them?

There's literally a grapple hand in Chrome Flesh, senpai.

Oh cool, I'll have to check that out.

Sioux Nation seems to have its shit together. What kind of adventures could you make with a Government on the rise? Like a government who started to be able to make their own terms and economic alliances outside of the corporations?

There is no world government. The Corporate Court just streamlines international economics so the nuyen flows, and acts as a focus point to keep any mega from going nuclear on the others (like the Azzies tried to in nationalization).

The Sioux are a house of cards, rattling their sabers and standing against a threat 50 years dead. If you wanted to play Attempt At National Autonomy, look to the AGS. The new chancellor isn't a stooge of S-K like the last, she's openly said that she would like to distance the nation from corporate influence. The obvious types of runs are infostealing, misdirection and sabotage, working trenchcoat for one side or the other to quietly undermine resistance and gain key allies and informants.

In addition to the first point about the CC, the major theme of Market Panic was the CC trying to stop playing UN and start playing commander. The new Matrix is under CC control, the Revision is supposed to put the scare into people, and they want to keep expanding the SIN Registry.

Meanwhile, the corps see what's going on, and while some smaller fish might appreciate it the big boys don't want their autonomy threatened. So they're working to support the CC in some ways, undermine it in others, and always keep one eye on everyone else to make sure they're not going to pull a fast one. There's the competing pulls of federalism and republicanism, ripping new tears in the fabric.

Last thread got archived before I got an answer:

Is there any bioware that improves intuition? I made a face/melee adept and didn't realize how important intuition was for face stuff/astral perception.

Genetic Optimization is the only one I know. Intuition and Charisma are difficult ones to raise with bioware.

Cellebellum (SP) Booster in CF

Are there any actually GOOD shadowrun wikis/SRDs?

No need for a GM slap. Just point out that chargen has distinct steps. Everyone is aware that you can't put 5 points into your favourite attribute, then pick metatype. Or that taking Nuyen cost reduction qualities apply during chargen. Same thing. Purchasing gear does not come before metatype or qualities.

Are any of the Shadowrun novels good?

Yes. Just not the ones you can download.

I'm actually looking to buy physical books anyway

Is there a wax to "rig" ones own body ?
I mean that you would put implants inside you, immerse yourself in VR and then either have software move you along or control your body from VR.
It doesn't need to be in any way effective.

Charisma is hard to raise with ware of any kind, unfortunately.

What do you need Intuition for in regards to face stuff? I know Perception is linked to it but that's more for everyone rather than face specific.

Disguise, off the top of my head.

You'd have to check 4e rules for biodrones I believe.

There are biodrone rules in Howling Shadows, but I think they're explicitly called out as systems that don't work on metahumans.

I see absolutely no proper fucking use of that and a very, very big drawback

Tape your arms and legs to the limbs of a Juggernaut. Control that drone.

I've got a weird NPC and it would hit, if he could do some work on the matrix while having his body do something useful.

>I've always wondered what would happen if someone were to turn on a powerful magnet while someone is whipping around a monofilament whip.

I'm going to say... fun.

>body do something useful

Like sit in a chair and stay healthy while drones do physical work?

So, if you have Alchemy, and you enchant a bunch of, say, capsule-round load sizes amounts of water with X spell, and you fill capsule-rounds with them, and you full-auto a guy.

What happens?

Are adepts always potentially slower than cyber for initiative? Since cyber can go up to a 5d6, whereas it seems like Adepts can only get to a 4d6, unless I'm reading wrong.

Drugs make everyone equal.
Adepts have an easier time at Chargen hitting +2d6 initiative actually. Alphaware Wired Reflexes 2 are above 12R, you can still get Standard Synaptic Boosters 2 at chargen though.

Adept can still take cyber, he just loses some magic/essence for it. So in theory adept can be faster than one that is just a mundy.

With that out of the way, a quick question:
When do people usually awaken? Are metahumans capable of wielding magic right from the get go or not? How about mentor spirits? I think they at least wouldn't usually pick infants under their tutelage but stuffs mystical n' shit so how the fuck should I know.

Most people awaken in their teenage years. Kids and adults can awaken as well but its much more rare. Mentor Spirits can appear to people for all sorts of reasons. Their Totem can teach them magic from the start, or appear later to teach them how magic really works (trust me, I'm a spirit).

So it's safe to assume that orks awaken faster due to maturing faster? They are already adults BEFORE they hit their teens.
Thanks for the quick reply Mr. Free Spirit.

chrome cant hit 5d6b without drugs. whether drugs stack with increased reflexes is up to your gm.

adepts have a higher theoretical ceiling with adrenaline boost, or casting improved reflexes with adept spell

most of the time, mundanes are going to be sitting at 3d6 and bump it up with drugs, while adepts can sit at 4d6 all the time

Thats a safe assumption. I always forget that Orks are technically adults by 10. Shits fucked.

What are some things corporates would load a transhuman worker generation with?
Sleep regulators, expanded digestive systems, things that would make the new generation hardworking and cheap.

This is probably a stupid question, but is there any way to actually combine martial arts moves?

Like, say, can you Iaijutsu into a Half-sworded Ballestra?

An ork journo and his attorney friend just rented a red convertable GMC Phoenix in a quest to find the American Dream.
What drugs do they have in the trunk?

All of them. All of the drugs.

ALL of them?

If you have to ask, you don't have enough drugs.

Fair point.

All the drugs. And then some.

>2 bags of deepweed
>75 doses of psyche
>500 doses of zen
>Half a salt shaker of Novacoke
>One galaxy of crazy ass pharmaceuticals, long hall, cram, jazz bliss and much much more
>1 quart Orkstaff's XXX
>1 quart rum
>1 case beer

Also a pint of raw ether and two dozen poppers, but I have no idea what the equivalent of amyl nitrate is in shadowrun.

Basically, bring some chemicals to huff on.

Speaking of drugs, remember kids that if you drink alcohol more than once within nine weeks, you risk addiction you fucking alcoholic!

Of course nobody can stand up to the combined corporate court.

The UCAS, however, can stand up to most of the individual AAAs, and basically all of the megas AA and lower.

The AAAs aren't quite as utterly world-dominating as most people think. Ares, for example, makes up a majority of their income from military contracts with the UCAS and CAS - the UCAS is fundamentally bigger and more powerful than Ares is.

The power of the AAAs isn't necessarily the raw might that they hold - though, to be fair, smaller nations would definitely fare much worse than the UCAS - it's the control they have. The UCAS would never go to war with Ares - even if it could win - because Ares has the leaders of the UCAS so thoroughly bribed that it would simply never, ever happen.

The problem with the megas isn't that they're more powerful than any nation on earth - they're not.

The problem is that, collectively, the world's governments are in the pockets of the megas, because people can be bought.

I'd like to throw in that Ares totally could win. IIRC, they have thor shot capabilities.

>Is there a wax to "rig" ones own body ?
>I mean that you would put implants inside you, immerse yourself in VR and then either have software move you along or control your body from VR.
There is in 4e, yes. You install yourself with a Stirrup System (Augmentation), then Jump In to your own body.

There is not way in 5e, however, to do the same.

It's actually at least one drink every other week for eight weeks.

Still leads to silly stuff because you can ignore amount or if you can somehow get pharmaceutical grade alcohol, but that's separate.

>pharmaceutical grade alcohol
That just makes me think of cleaning alcohol

>designer grade bourbon
is there anything more beautiful

>I always forget that Orks are technically adults by 10.
Sexually mature, anyway. A good rule of thumb is that orks' bodies are 50% older than they are. So a 10-year-old ork has all of the life experiences and emotional maturity of a 10-year-old, but the body, hormones, and sex drive of a 15-year-old.

Shit's super fucked.

The only reason people don't get addicted to designer grade booze is because they can't afford it.

And now we have a motivation for running.

So I'm building a SR3 character, and I'm looking at taking one of these Flaws:

Allergy; Uncommon, Moderate
Allergy; Common, Mild
Phobia; Common, Mild

Of the three, I've contemplated on Phobia a bit, and wondered if perhaps she might have a phobia of getting cyberware added to her body due to having read the terror tales about essence shredding and the likes. Thing is, she's also a Decker, and the intent is to give her a datajack, chipslots and possibly an Encephelon in the future. Would that phobia get in the way of that, or would it be something she could bite the pillow on out of necessity due to it being a mild phobia?

Otherwise, what are some good allergies to go with instead?

>Sleep regulators
12k nuyen. You could buy 240 doses of Long Haul - enough to keep people awake for a combined total of about 3 years, in 4 day stretches at a time - for 12k nuyen.

Or they could slave a hundred Horizon Little Buddies to a good RCC at 2,000 nuyen apiece, load the RCC up with relevant autosofts at Rating 6, and have a work force that never gets tired and never has moral issues, with a dice pool of 8 in all relevant skills.

They don't want transhuman workers. They want transhuman experts. Super-soldiers, for example. Things where you want a generation of engineered elites, not a mass of better workers.

Yeah, I just realized how that sounded.

>chipslots
Don't bother, just slot the chips on your commlink instead. There's no reason to install an extra rack of chipslots into your actual body when plug-and-play shit exists.

Is there a way to hide your Aura? Or are stealth-based infiltrators screwed the moment they have a spirit or mage on astral overwatch?

>Is there a way to hide your Aura?
Yes.

>Masking: You learn to change the appearance of your aura (and astral form). You can make it look mundane, or make your Magic Rating look higher or lower by up to your grade. When someone tries to read your masked aura, the Assensing Test becomes opposed by your Magic + initiate grade—if they get any net hits, they see both your mask and your real aura. If you can use astral perception, you can even make your aura look like a different type (like a spirit or a focus—great for astral costume parties). You can also use this metamagic to mask the auras of as many of your bonded foci as your initiate grade.

It's a metamagic. You have to Initiate to take it. It's not available at chargen, but it is as soon as you've saved up 13 karma in-game.

for mages there is a metamagic that lets you hide your aura (or at least make it look mundane)
The better option is a RPC coated Cardboard box with some sensors

How does that hide your aura? That just says you can make it look stronger/weaker or not awakened. And what about if you're mundane?

RPC..? Ruthenium Polymer Coating?

yup, as long as there is some distance between you and it it hides your aura. Unless a spirit decides to fly through it you will seem like any other object
RPC to hide you from the spiders that may wonder why the fuck a cardboard box is wandering down the hallway
Sensors so that you may still see shit in front of you

You can make yourself look mundane, so nobody will flag on you.

And if you're concerned about being seen AT ALL, well, that's what god invented cardboard boxes for.

So I'm screwing around with the NSRCG3 character generator for the first time, and I'm a little confused by the layout on the Skills section - the program's so-called manual or whatever provides zero information, and the program's own statements are fairly vague.

Basically, the Skills are depicted as per the image, in terms of both general ([1]=1X) and specialized ([1/3]=3X) formats. The bottom of the window says 'X=Finalized Skills'. Now, I'm sure I'm probably going to look like an idiot for asking, but since I can't find any kind of confirmation or clarification on the program, or Google, I felt compelled to ask anyway, but would that mean that the '=1X' portions of the skill listings are the total skill rating? Meaning that '=3X' would refer to having a skill rating of a 3?

>yup, as long as there is some distance between you and it it hides your aura.
How? I didn't see anything about that in the book

>You can make yourself look mundane, so nobody will flag on you.
Okay, but if you're trying to sneak into somewhere that's, you know, restricted enough to have a spirit on overwatch, you're going to get flagged if you show up at all

What's a good war for someone to be a veteran of if they're SUPER INTO COMBAT because of it?
I want to make one of those "misses the good old days" ex soldier types.

They'd still have to make an assensing roll (and a memory roll) to know that you're not somebody allowed.

And you can still hide. It's just opposed by an Assensing roll instead of a perception one.

no, I mean they're a worker caste that are prototype transhumans, with bioware cooked in.

Except not prototype, because they're now being mass produced.

You know, good bioware that, once the initial investment of making them is out of the way, will pay off over time in more effective self reproducing workers.

>They'd still have to make an assensing roll (and a memory roll) to know that you're not somebody allowed.
Isn't that Flexible Signature to look like someone else?

You know what's more fun?
Ex-Desert Wars competitor.
Kicked out for some reason, and now he can't get his fix.

It's just Assensing Test (2 hits) and possibly a Memory Test depending on how long it's been since that first Assensing test.

And then you can forge it as part of having Flexible Signature. They need to get (your initiation grade) hits over the threshold to see that it's a fake.

That might be pretty fun.
Begs the question though:
How the fuck do you get kicked out of no holds barred desert combat?

For off-the-clock stupidity.
Anything which would get fans to turn from your team.
Thus decreasing the merchandising profits.

Or through making a VERY risky move which cost your team a game.

So, basically, being that fucking k/d whore who doesn't care about objectives?

Note that the two hits is my estimate for a workable minimum. It could be that the actual number needed is your hits on the Assensing Test + your initiate grade, because the wording of Flexible Signature and the mechanics of Assensing create a little ambiguity about how it should work exactly.

Sounds like.
Backstory, character flaw, room to grow.
Bam.

seems like we've got a winner.
Now to hope he actually can survive his combat addictions.

It will be a bigger investment with a smaller bonus than just mass-producing drones slaved to a master controller RCC.

unless AIs become way more popular, I think having a dedicated super worker class will help the bottom line more and more as time goes on.
The corp is family, and all that.

>unless AIs become way more popular, I think having a dedicated super worker class will help the bottom line more and more as time goes on.
It definitely won't. The one benefit of a poorly-paid worker class compared to drones is that you can pay them over time rather than making a significant initial investment. As soon as that's no longer the case, you have to compare them to drones, which are just better and for cheaper when it comes to moderate-skill drudgery.

I feel like if that was the case, everyone would be using drones for everything already.
Because paying upfront for long term gains is like, universally a good idea for all entities that last more than a few years.

>Because paying upfront for long term gains is like, universally a good idea for all entities that last more than a few years.
No, it's not. It's often a better idea to pay incrementally, because the money you're saving in the short term is getting reinvested and multiplied into much bigger long-term gains.

That said, the bottom rung of the corporate ladder usually IS mostly drones. They're not hiring SINless - they're having robots do maintenance, take out the trash, and be automated computer filing systems. Proper wageslaves represent a lucky minority of the population, with a lot of people forced out of the Shadowrun pool of legal labor by drones.

>We had two bags of Zen, seventy-five pellets of Red Mesc, five sheets of high-powered blotter Aisa, a saltshaker half-full of Novacoke, and a whole galaxy of multi-colored moodies, dreamers, BADs, corpcandy ... Also, a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw Bliss, and two dozen Exs.

So for the Otaku to Technomancer quality, how old would someone have to be? what year did Otaku's start appearing? They stopped around crash 2.0 right?

Otaku lost their powers with Crash 2.0
They gained their powers usually before puberty, then lost them as it progressed

Which given enough awareness and focus to actually have learned something from those power, they would have to have been about 6 or so.

Give 11 years to get it to 2075, and the youngest Otaku to Technomancer would likely be in his mid to late teens.

Alright cool, thanks for the help.

I'm building an alternate system for Shadowrun on Roll20 that closely emulates XCOM and the Shadowrun Returns games, fleshing out my spell and equipment lists at the moment. Right now I'm fiddling with the list of cyberware.

pastebin.com/RKq72iWk

Are there any I've overlooked, or does anyone have creative ideas for entirely new cyberware?

My players are about to go up against this gang, how fucked are they?

Gang name: The Fizzy Lifters
Color: Tie-dye
Uniform: Tie-dye fishnets....everywhere. leggings, shirts, etc
Vehicle of choice: Tie-dye garbage trucks
Weapon of choice: Blowdarts and whips
Gang sign: Jazz hands
Method of torture: Force subject to watch poorly written plays preformed by them.
Signature tattoo: Smiley Face
Main source of income: Ransoming old people to get into their will
Base of operations: An abandoned synagogue
Name of leader: Snappah

Since almost every Stat has lots of Ware to boost it except for CHA and WIL
What kind of ware would you make to boost them?
Because the only ware for CHA is Tailored Pheromones, while WIL doesn't even have any ware
and the only ways to boost it otherwise seem to be drugs and infusions.

Will has the pain editor I suppose.