Anthropomorphic tardigrades the size of hobbits become a race in your setting

Anthropomorphic tardigrades the size of hobbits become a race in your setting.

What happens?

They get magically lobotomized and turned into war-beasts or transportation.

>Implying you can harm, even magically

The thing that keeps tardigrades alive through so much isn't because of their shells being made of adamantite, you silly billy. It's because they're ludicrously small and surprisingly well put-together. A giant tardigrade loses the former and benefits much less from the latter.

>What happens?
Nothing.

what about if you had some cranium-rat style shit going on.

it's a bunch of normal-sized ones that just get together and act as a single "person".

>between 2 to 6 tits
>between 1 to 5 vaganias
I can dig it

Nothing?

They are drasticaly different from mammals, much slower and thus live on different timescale. It's entirely possible they woudln't tecognize one another as intelligent for a very long time.

But they already exist as the selenites. They're also crossed with star-nosed moles, and communicate by tapping.

As for what happens: they greatly resent the weaponization of the moon during the previous World War and demand an apology from earth for the behavior of the Nazis when they first established a moonbase.

They also love to eat roaches and hate being called 'cute'.

It's a really crazy super hero setting.

Sounds pretty retarded

They'd actually make a fun addition! Thank you!

They would become a delicacy

I know nothing about tardigrades, but I'm sure OP's report cards were always full of them.

Heh. This is why I keep coming back

same thing we do every night pink, WAIFU THE FUCK OUT OF THEM!

True, but the thing Tardigrades are known for is being basically unkillable and if I were to put them in my campaign as a race I'd want to keep that "meme" intact. They'd be magically immune to shit just because. Not a PC race, though.

They naturally fare horribly against pH differences.

I, for one, welcome our new, unkillable, overlords, and bow down in submission to them.

I retcon them.

This.

Anthropomorphic planarians become a race in your setting.

What happens?

The locals decide that's horrifying and kills them.

They get hardly noticed among the other freaks.

I watch mass genocide as all of their bodies collapse in on themselves, their structure not designed to scale to that size.

I thought they're only unkillable when in "dehydrated sleep mode" or something...
Any other time it's easy.

Would make a great tank, just dehydrates in front of the enemy and they keep trying to harm it when it's indestructible.

You sound like it would be very unpleasant to play with you.

Aren't there immortals in Traveller that look kind of like Tardigrades?

The answer is, as always SPAWN MORE OVERLORDS

Sounds pretty gnarly. Stat them as a ludicrous player race and I'm sold

Why? They'd likely be a not totally serious race that isn't a huge threat but is extremely hard to kill. I wouldn't include them in my non-silly campaigns if that's your concern.

>that isn't a huge threat
Welcome to the apocalypse, boy. I hope you brought a fresh pair of underpants.

They could be played out as a very formidable race wtihout being threatening at all, if played for laughs. Imagine this, Evil overlod manages to succeed with his plan to destroy most sentient life and a good chunk of reality too.

The proud, ultra resilient tardigrades survive however. They chill on the void between the now ravaged planes for millions of years, until the next Celestial Intelligence wills itself from obvlivion and creates an entirely new universe from scratch. But the tardigrades were always there, even before the gods themselves.

For this reason, priests of The Pillar of the Void are instinctively terrified of the chubby lil fuckers. And no one knows why.

Could work In a very non-serious setting, I believe.

Well I'd be pretty damn intimidated by something that simply waited out the heat death of the universe too.

It's like Mumm-Ra and Lion-O had a baby and then chucked it in Jeff Goldblum's telepod with a leech and a sack of potatoes.

They become the nemesis of Kuo-Toa

user! They're not even pupa!

80 constitution.

Seems about right.

> Constitution: YES.

Nothing, I ignore them and move on with the setting without them.