40k general

CSM confirmed for getting nothing for another 4 years edition

>Rules databases
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

Other urls found in this thread:

maxmini.eu/police-helmets-bits
maxmini.eu/conversion-bits/melee-weapons-shields/anti-riot-gear-bits
mega.nz/#!TlkwQRiZ!asNUaMsOTb-vtQwqHaEaf8xFPvdCVqL47eZBWNPjLF0
mega.nz/#!3wpwCBCC!xCnxe6ArU48YCfo5ePgfF3ojFGAoXQSZ291mfGuMGwI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Incase you lads wander in here by mistake.
But to make this thread not an automatic loss...Here. Have this datasheet I made of the Tidewall Rampart to make it look one of them fancy codex datasheets instead of the lazy one-off box insert that it is.

Yew lads post Fancy Codex Datasheets versions of lazy one-time promotional box insert rules.
Truly, this exercise will make us a stronger and more positive force in the hobby, instead of just drowning us in the normal self loathing of Veeky Forums.

what is actually in the traitor's hate book aside from renegade knight varients (worse than the one we already got) and predator/vinidcator squadrons (why would you do this?)

also word on the street is the Betrayal at Calth big box is being discontinued.

From what we've been able to tell? Reprint of the BL/CS formations, one or two new ones, evil versions of the Angles of Death psyker powers for CSM, objective cards, and what you mentioned.

My list for a semi compettive tournament amoung friend, catch is all lists MUST be 100% formations
What think?

Can I run a ravenwing command squad as a kill team? It's 190 points with every option possible.

>gf going to run her CAD + Canoptek Harvest at my Blood Angels + Deathwatch, 1k points

how fucked am I

if she rapes you in game you have the right to rape her in bed
:'^|

bump

I'm doing a silly traitor Imperial Guard list to play friendly, non-competitive games with a group of friends and here's what I'm thinking for it:
I've got a Lancer, Warden, and a Paladin. I also have an Officio Prefectus Commissar, about 50 units of standard troops (maybe a few more, I've also got all their special weapon options), 10 heavy weapons squads (still on the sprue so lascannons, mortars, heavy bolters, and missile launchers are all options), and 2 sentinels.
It is my understanding that IG psykers can also summon Daemons, which I thought appropriate since I'm running traitors so I was thinking a few of those so I can use some Horrors and Flamers of Tzeentch.

Any suggestions? The guys in my group usually play games around 1800 points but are starting to move up in scale. What to add? I was thinking some Basilisks but to be honest I'm not a big fan of vehicles so if there's a way around that I'm all ears.

Thanks!

Will loose, not enough Warp spiders

Use artillery carriages. They're significantly better rules wise than basilisk vehicles and cheaper (points wise at least...)

And tears. Don't forget the tears.

Making a kill team pdf now. OCR is coming out a bit weird... do you guys care for that at all? or would straight pictures be fine?

>Tfw willing a 2v2 2000pt game tonight.
It was Dark Eldar/Eldar vs Tau/Space Marines.
>Their faces when my "Shitty, open-topped transports" blow up not only a land-raider, but a Hammerhead too.
>Their faces when I'm pumping 10 poison shots at 24" from those "Shitty open-topped transports."
>Their faces when I deep struck a venom of Blasterborn/Splinter Cannons and my Archon in their back lines and blasting the shit out their dudes while my Eldar counterpart did fuck all the whole match.

There is no reason for them to do that. The molds are still good and it still sells quite well.

Unlike, say, the knight box, which was just a temporary sale sort of deal.

Is there any 2+ armor? More than 3 wounds?

If you can actually run it, be sure to consider removing yourself from existence to spare everybody else your asshattery

>N’loo faltered to a stop. There was an embarrassed silence as Ch’an pushed himself up on his cane. ‘My name is Shas’vre Ch’an. You will forgive me interrupting like this. My body has been broken beyond my years. I am delighted to see so many victories over our enemies, but I have fought the gue’la many times, even though it was with the forces of my sept of Au’taal, which I know many of you do not consider to be within the top rank, or even second rank of fighting septs.

>‘But even we have found that the gue’la are not entirely stupid. They have a base and evil cunning, and they will be learning our methods of war as much as we learn them here. And they will find ways to counter them. It is our strategy that we should be three steps ahead of them at all times. It is by speed, power and innovation that we destroy our enemies. You give us footage of all these victories, but you know as well as I that we are losing Stormsurge crews faster than we can replace them.

>‘We should not be studying our victories but our failures. I would like to see our failures on Mu’gulath Bay. Then we can learn from that. Then we can break our enemy on their own anvil.’

>Ch’an let himself sink back onto his stool.

>N’loo had coloured a deep ultraviolet. His nostrils flared and he bowed briefly. ‘I will bring us to the failures of our esteemed commander. We will consider this in the second half of the kai’rotaa.’

>‘Do we have that time?’

>The instructor’s mouth opened in shock and there was a stir as some of the warriors there made a low and disapproving hissing sound, and turned their heads. Ch’an pushed himself to his feet again. ‘Forgive me, teacher. I was on Mu’gulath Bay and it is terrible. We have all heard about the Imperium of Mankind, how their kingdom stretches for tau’cyr of travel. Many tau’cyr. The numbers of their worlds are legion. The power of their empire is vast.’

>He made a gesture to the black coat he wore. ‘This jacket was taken from the body of a warrior they name the Kom’sr. His duty is to make sure his warriors fight. He uses this stick.’ He gestured towards the cane that he leant on. ‘He drives his men forwards like cattle, and if they fail, he speaks to them and then he shoots them in the head.’

>There was a stunned silence among the cadets. How could a warrior kill one of his own?

>‘I have seen this happen. Many times. That is the way of our enemy. I wear this coat to remind me of the nature of the foe we face. They are cruel, they are merciless, they are uncivilised and they are evil. I use that word with much thought. I, like many of you, have fought alongside our gue’vesa allies, and they use a word that I should quote here– in-human. But they are many and we are few. We are like a…’ he paused for the right comparison, ‘a fl’aat bee when the fanged honey bear comes to break into his hive. The bear is stronger, more powerful. Why, he is the master of his world. But each bee has a sting, even though it may kill him when he delivers it. We are those bees. The gue’la empire can crush us with just a single claw of its mighty fist. We have to deliver such a blow to it at Mu’gulath Bay that it pulls back its paw in pain and shock. Then we must pursue it from one planet to the next and we must drive it away, as the hive of bees drive off the bear.’

>Ch’an’s anger had got the better of him. His words died away and were greeted with silence, then a scattering of applause that grew in strength and feeling.

>Ch’an took in a deep breath and bowed stiffly before sitting down. Half the listeners seemed scandalised, the other half delighted. H’an touched his arm.

>‘Well said!’ he whispered. ‘About time someone told them!’

-Storm of Damocles

What's a Kom’sr?

>or would straight pictures be fine?
Totally fine. The epub will be out in a couple of weeks anyways, so don't waste too much effort in a temporary (if much appreciated) leak.

>deep struck a venom of Blasterborn/Splinter Cannons and my Archon in their back line
But that isn't possible, you cheater, cheater, lemon eater.

What? Yes it is. An Archon with a Webway Portal in a Venom with 4 trueborn. Is that really not allowed?

why would tau even know what bees and bears are

>Is starting the game with a unit of only 4 trueborn not allowed?
Correct. This is not allowed.

Space bees and Space bears.

Where is that blue-skinned, yellow-bellied, xeno scum who took my favorite jacket!

Oh. Whoops.

Alright, I'll post it in a bit.

Are you using the old codex or the new one? In the new dex, trueborn are an upgrade for standard kabalites making their minimum squad size 5.

if they're going to make some broken taugrish version of commissar, why stick in terrestrial creatures that may not have even survived to the 41st millennium, much less get exported across the entire galaxy

why is it always the little, irrelevant things that make me hate black library shit

I was using rules from 6e when making my list I believe. That's kind of annoying that they nerfed blasterborn like that.

>if they're going to make some broken taugrish version of commissar, why stick in terrestrial creatures that may not have even survived to the 41st millennium, much less get exported across the entire galaxy
Do you not have an issue with tau vehicles being called Hammerheads, Piranhas, and other oceanic names? Why is it those two creature names that finally trigger you?

because it's side-by-side with an attempt to separate how tau speak from how humans speak

Orks are decent if you cheat and bring 25% more points than your opponent

Ive managed to eek out a few victories this way. Still lose a lot though.

How do you know that kom'sr wasn't said in the same phonic that they say it, like Shas'vre, and that "bee" and "bear" weren't translated from the tau language he is no doubt speaking (rather than how they are phonically said)?

>why stick in terrestrial creatures that may not have even survived to the 41st millennium, much less get exported across the entire galaxy

Falcon, Hawk, cats, sabres, etc. All these names are present in Eladr lore. I don't see you complaining about it.

If they used another name for theses creatures, then the metaphor wouldn't have been understood.

Also if the galaxy can produce humanoids that look nearly like each other, then it can produce animal lifeforms that are similiar as well.

>All these names are present in Eladr lore. I don't see you complaining about it.
If he had just said commissar I'd have had no problem with the analogy. But he didn't.

It's like a Farseer telling his swooping hawks to attack the spaceanesh marinedar exarchs. Instead of just calling them fucking space marines.

He didn't say "bee." He said "fl'aat ginua." A ginua, however, is most literally translated to the Gothic "bee," as it is a creature of nearly identical form and function as the earthen insect. Kom'sr, by contrast, is a misunderstood pronunciation of the Gothic "Commissar." Had the word been properly explained and translated, a connection would either be made to a tau word of similar function or definition, or they would incorporate the Gothic word into their language as best they can. In the case of the latter, "kom'sr" may indeed be chosen for that role, depending on its popularity at the time and the difficulty of the proper Gothic pronunciation for the people who speak the tau language.

Linguistics are my jam, senpai.

For the same reason they don't tau-ize "coat," "claw," "fist," or any other word - this is a translation, and kom'sr was written that way to show that it is being mispronounced. If he had said
>the body of a warrior they name the Commissar
the impression a reader would get is that they understood and properly use that word. But they don't. You could sooner be mad that orks say "Waaagh" and not "Waaar."

I have to make a jojo version of general image

This one is for the guys who want the Tau removed from the setting.

>‘I heard what happened this morning,’ Sham’bal said at last.

>‘What do you mean?’

>‘Your machine malfunctioned.’

>‘No. It was me.’ Ch’an forced a smile. ‘I was a little unwell.’

>Sham’bal put out a hand and rested it on the back of Ch’an’s. ‘You could retire, you know.’

>Ch’an felt the clamminess returning to his forehead. He slowed his breathing, swallowed and nodded.

>‘We cannot let the gue’la change us. We cannot let go of what it means to be tau. Not just the success, but also the art, the songs, the poetry, the tolerance, peace, productivity, innovation.

>‘Just imagine a galaxy which was full of gue’la and only gue’la. Just imagine the horror and the devastation.’

>Sham’bal shuddered. ‘And the ignorance,’ he said.

>Ch’an’s eyes were wide with passion. ‘Yes!’ he hissed. ‘The ignorance!’

>As the food sharing hall emptied, Sham’bal called for a jug of wine and laid out two small ceremonial cups.

>‘We should drink to remember our old fellows,’ he said, and poured two cups.

>They drank them back and poured two more.

>When they reached the bottom of the pot, Ch’an started a song. The words were his own, set to an ancient Elsy’eir tune. They spoke of hope and light, when the darkness and stupidity pressed close. Sham’bal picked up as Ch’an sang the chorus, and the hall fell silent as all the warriors listened to the song. One by one, like a flame being passed from one candle to another, each of the warriors sang the melody. Even the earth caste servants came out of the kitchens and hung their heads with strange and rare emotions.

-Storm of Damocles

A galaxy with no Tau. How horrible!

>You could sooner be mad that orks say "Waaagh" and not "Waaar."
Not particularly. Orks have heavily accented speech in pretty much every incarnation.

The description of the coat and the commissar's battlefield duties would be enough to let the reader know what he is talking about, without the need for an out of place mispronunciation.

>>‘We cannot let the gue’la change us. We cannot let go of what it means to be tau. Not just the success, but also the art, the songs, the poetry, the tolerance, peace, productivity, innovation.
>tfw the imperium's tactics of war will slowly degrade the tau ideals until they are either destroyed or have to adopt similar barbaric tactics
its an excellent feel

Heralds of Ruin or GW?

Finally bought a rule book and codex so I can play not 5th edition.

Also someone gave me 3 hellhounds. What do?

burn things with them

two hellhounds is about as much as I'd want in an army

Run them individually so there's a higher chance of one surviving to roast people.

It's already happened. So enjoy them feels.

what is the best way to run about 60 boyz?

Im considering either doing blitz brigade with 20 boyz in 3 wagons, then meganobz and burnaboyz in the other two

Or footslogging 2 huge blobs and oraying for the infiltrate warlord trait

Also, shootas or slugga choppas?

Never ever.

shootas and rokkits, every time

>but big shootas muh bs2
just take as many rokkits as you can possibly fit

For you, fgt. 10 hours in paint.

>It's already happened. So enjoy them feels.
well, sort of
they've had to build things like the stormsurge and breacher equipment to adapt to the ovewhelming power of titans and imperial close assault tactics, but as far as i know they havent gone full on, throw these 4 regiments into an untenable position to buy time for the cavalry to arrive, basic imperial tactics yet

At the rate they're going, I say give it one more codex before they're there.

>tau fluff dips into the extreme grimdark, entire septs being thrown away to delay the imperial crusade
>this coincides with them miraculously being nerfed finally
its a pipe-dream, but its a dream, damnit

So I'm going up against Tau tomorrow with my Eldar. We're both newbies, so it's only a 500pts game. I know he has a broadside, 3 crisis and some fire warriors, but don't know what else he has. Is this list fair? I know Tau are powerful, but Eldar are apparently more so and I want a fair/fun game.

Farseer w/ jetbike

3 jetbikes, shuriken cannons

5 Dire Avengers

5 Scorps plus Exarch with claw

2 Vypers, both with dual shuriken cannon

I went ShuriBikes because scatbikes have a bad reputation, but would they be that bad against Tau with their s5 30'' regular guns?

Thanks people

Kill Team PDF now ready, only missing a few beginning pages that describes "what is kill team, etc".

The 8mb max file size was giving me some trouble, so I compressed the shit out it. Images will be full of artefacts but the rules are still readable. All flavor text in italics is fucked... couldn't find an epub reader that didn't squish it all together.

thanks

>what is the best way to run about 60 boyz?

To not take them.

If you're really set on Boyz, really the only effective way to run them is as a Green Tide, but you'd need another 30 Boyz minimum.

Blitz Brigade is incredibly fun, but Boyz are so garbage that you're better off with other things. The 3 Formation Blitz Brigade list is pretty fun:

Blitz Brigade
Badrukk's Flashgitz
Bullyboyz

Fits very neatly into 1850. It's not really competitive but it's very fun.

Had any fun games recently? Did you win/lose, who did you face in battle, what armies did you play, got any game highlights?

The HoR Kill Team has rules for Arbites. As far as I know, GW doesn't make any Arbites minis anymore, so you'd have to go digging through Necromunda stuff second-hand to find any.

But Warlord Games makes Judge Dredd minis. That would probably work -- the aesthetics are basically the same, after all.

What else could be reasonably used for Arbites?

fought an...interesting game today. My 40k inquisition + a handful of marines vs. opponent's 30k Emperor's Children.

His leader bought my emperor's champion for 3 turns and never rolled above a 2 to wound. He missed with two hirds of all his plasma shooting the one chance he got to use his squad of plasmaguns

In the end I won, but I think that was more to do with terribly rolls on his part than any unbalance between the different armies.

I don't have links now but I saw a conversion of Space Marine Scouts that looked pretty decent. Maybe look for that for inspiration

maxmini.eu/police-helmets-bits
maxmini.eu/conversion-bits/melee-weapons-shields/anti-riot-gear-bits

There you go.

Run Renegades and Heretics instead, its like the Guard but explicitly traitor

Eldar vs White Scars, 500 points. Went right down to the wire, I thought he had me turn 2 when he'd taken out a Vyper, 3 Avengers and 2 Scorps and I'd taken out 2 tacmarines. But then my Scorp Exarch went nuclear and took out 3 bikes, a squad of scouts and half a squad of tac marines in 3 turns! Plus I started rolling better with my scatbikes and actually did some damage with them.

Exarch Of Doom ended up going down to a psychic shriek from his commander on the last turn. At that point I had my Farseer on 1 wound plus 1 scatbike on the table, and he had his commander on full health. Sure, I could have just gunned him down, but we decided to call it there as a win for both sides.

Man Of The Match goes to the Scorp Exarch, dude was a badass and saved my skin. Going to have to come up with a name and backstory for him, methinks.

Ove heard that before, but fuuuuck assembling and painting that many flash gitz

I painted up and assembled 38 Nobz which I ran as a funky Warboss/Nobz force. Nobz as troops, Painboyz across the board, footslogging forwards.

I finished up right before our 7th ed codex hit

How long do we think it will be until Deathwatch gets added to the Mega? I just want to see if I can make a list theory work.

mega:///#!3wpwCBCC!xCnxe6ArU48YCfo5ePgfF3ojFGAoXQSZ291mfGuMGwI

someone just needs to put this in the OP or whatever

>It's like a Farseer telling his swooping hawks to attack the spaceanesh marinedar exarchs

That analogy doesn't even work

This look like a decent list for a friendly game against Inquisition/Guard?

Thank you very much!

>Scorp Exarch went nuclear
>Going to have to come up with a name and backstory for him, methinks.

Name him Solid Scorpion. Make him your warlord and name your craftworld Isha Base.

>‘We cannot let the gue’la change us. We cannot let go of what it means to be tau. Not just the success, but also the art, the songs, the poetry, the tolerance, peace, productivity, innovation.

Fucking hippies.

>a fl’aat bee
Is presumably a bee-like creature on T'au.

Commisar Jackets so cool even Tau look good in them. Say what you will about the Nazis. They had style.

would a deathwatch sergeant with c'tan sword and stormshield be a good idea?

>>‘We cannot let the xenos change us. We cannot let go of what it means to be human. Not just the failure, but also the atrocities, the braying, the profanity, the intolerance, war, decline, regressiveness .

What is this? How Do I? It seems like I put this in my address bar but it isn't an address.

Yes, it's an address. It'll take you to a mega.nz file.

can you post the epub3 also do you have trators hate

It takes me to a google search.

You probably need the mega plugin or something. The string of numbers and letters is the actual address for mega.nz. I'm sure you can figure this out.

Could assume that Bees are introduced by humans to thousands of worlds around the Tau Empire. He has clearly worked with Gua'Vesa, so maybe the Tau get their word for bee and bear from the original human colonists.

Or we just assume that, because the book isn't written in Tau and everything the tau characters say is a translation, that the names of the animals and insects are used because they are our closest approximation to the shape or habits of the creature.

Take your pick.

Postin my mega link again, for folks who didn't get it before.

Use redium.
mega.nz/#!TlkwQRiZ!asNUaMsOTb-vtQwqHaEaf8xFPvdCVqL47eZBWNPjLF0

So why not post the unassisted address instead of assuming everyone has the voluntarily downloaded the same malware for a kim dot com site?

Because that's what I got when I pulled it from my address bar. I'm sorry this was a traumatic experience for you.

>fixed link for non-plugin users who get refered to google:

mega.nz/#!3wpwCBCC!xCnxe6ArU48YCfo5ePgfF3ojFGAoXQSZ291mfGuMGwI

dang, you're faster than me ()... are ur internets painted red?

Those are two different files.

Someone asked for the epub, saw some bitching about a broken link, swooped in with my epub upload from last thread.

New version with Thousand Sons.

Traitors Hate:
GW actually believe we're THAT stupid.
Regurgitated formations with fucking "Oh you MUST take veterans of the long war and PAY for it even if youre playing against tau, GOOD LUCK" shit-mations. HURRR take 48 berserkers and watch them die, SO MUCH FUN!
Unless Kharn is a gargantuan creature with ignores cover apoc blast D-bolter it's shit. PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DONT BUY IT, DONT TELL GW YOURE THAT STUPID PLEASE PLEASE

How much effort/time do you guys put into conversions? Just spent the afternoon doing this guy...

>gave him running legs for reasons
>swapped his piddly dagger out for a power sword
>gave him a different chestpiece entirely, since I'm slipping in Dreamforge Eisenkern parts into my Inquisitorial SS army for a more unique look

So much shaving down of pieces to get it all to fit, and I had to cut out and assemble all three running legs on bases so I could figure out which would work best with the longcoat. Really happy with the result, especially how I managed to slip in that bit of power cord from the sword hilt leading into his coat, even though half of that chestpiece ended up disappearing behind his hand.

You seem mad

I wasn't going to, but now I'm getting the limited edition. Nice job fuck-o!

i used to be bitter, now im buttmad and not afraid to say it.
csm are a fucking joke with retarded one-armed useless overpriced models that look like shit and LOL_RANDUMB rules in a meta full of awesome rules and models.
Not buying any more gw products until they release the codex, it better be useful or its byebye. Until then i buy ONLY chinaman admech.