40k Persistent Campaigns

Are there any systems fan-made or otherwise built around 40k that are made for a persistent long term campaign fought over various locations?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WPwxgml0Q3A
drive.google.com/open?id=0B20ZFeyGKxcwLWNQV2VHM203VUU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Only War?

I should have specified. The tabletop.

Bumping this because I would really like to find one for 30k

This is pretty much my Only War game right now. Instead of Bad Company we're the Special Troops Company of a composite Regiment. Pretty sweet.

There is in the 4th book Tempest for 30k, with modifications to it for less territorial and insurgency wars in the 6th book retribution.

Horus Heresy Book 4: Conquest- this has the rules you seek.

I've only skimmed through those but I'm mainly looking for something that can be used in a free for all style.

You could probably modify the tables from path to glory from Age of Sigmar for a slow-grow 40k league.

I'm working on one with my brother that's loosely based on Axis and Allies or Total War; one that uses a world map with territories to track campaign progress, using the 40k tabletop rules for battles.

Anyway I could keep track of your work on this?
I was thinking of just making my own specifically for 40k, but it would have been more of a limit on the respawn rate for each faction than actual engagement rules. When I initially thought of it we were going to use the Rogue Trader Planet and System generator program to make our battlefields with the attacking unit having control of all bodies in the Outer Reach section and the defending forces getting the primary biosphere or more.

>splitting America in half

Why would you do that when Battlefleet Gothic is dead? There's basically no point unless you try to revive it among your group.

It's historically accurate if you turn the map 90 degrees.

I think we could work something out, we own a bunch of Firestorm Armada models that we could use to substitute for our lack of Gothic models.

That sounds really badass, actually. I'm putting some finishing touches on it now, I'll post a link to it in google drive once it's ready.

youtube.com/watch?v=WPwxgml0Q3A

Here's the link. The Total War pdf is the one you're looking for:
drive.google.com/open?id=0B20ZFeyGKxcwLWNQV2VHM203VUU

Keep in mind that this is an alpha version; we're still playtesting it and it's probably going to undergo significant changes as we discover and patch flaws in the system. If you decide to run a campaign with it and discover some problems or have ideas for the system, you can hit me up at [email protected]

Thanks man. I like that converted civilian vehicle too. Ramshackle games makes some good models that fit well with 40k.

Thanks, I thought so too

it makes the most sense to do it like that. 99% of the time america never gets invaded so it's a non-issue, but putting the edge in the atlantic or pacific would hugely inconvenience the main naval arenas.

Eh, I guess when you point out America is too strong to be invaded unlike eurofags, you make a good point.

IIRC from the /bfg/ threads we had, Ali Baba has a bunch of decent quality recasts.