Space Marines are huge, grotesque monsters with weird augments and speak an archaic form of high gothic

Space Marines are huge, grotesque monsters with weird augments and speak an archaic form of high gothic.

How do they distinguish themselves to the people on rimworlds from any other nightmarish hell creature who carries obscene weaponry into battle?

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/The_Toilets_of_the_41st_Millennium
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They look human enough in shape and talk the good shit about Big E.

Does anyone else walk in around in power armor?

They tend to yell "For the Emperor!"

They're essentially deified in most Imperial texts. If they believe in the Imperial Faith, they believe that the Astartes are the goodies.

I also much prefer this approximation of their size.

This is why Ultramarines are the best chapter. They stick around to help the civilians rebuild, instead of just running off as soon as the purging's done.

That's not canon you retard, why does nobody bother to look up that image and see on Sibbering's site the big THIS IS FAN FICTION banner? This is what a naked space marine looks like.

Fuckin love this comic. Badass as fuck.

>Average human
>5'9

When will they learn?

The average human male height is actually 5'8" globally.

Also, I wouldn't call a 6'9" guy a manlet.

The average human male height is actually 5'8" globally
thank these people for that

It's the same shit in most of Eastern Europe, the Mid-East, and South America. Even Africa is only barely above 5'8" on average.

Poor nutrition fucks you up man.

It's power armour user. You don't have to fill it out. Hell you can't what with all the circuits and motors and stuff.

I've always known that americans are huge compared to the rest of the world (bring amerifat jokes, har har) but seeing it put that way is sort of messing with my worldview

Yeah, I'm not even a warhammer fan, but fuck that's cool.

These are, of course, not average humans. Neither are they "ideal" humans, given that they'll run into crippling health issues at a relatively young age.

They don't look that grotesque - no more so than ogryns and other abhumans.

>Americans are huge guise!
>are actually barely 175 cm for males on average
How stupid and narcicistic can you get

Stick to the official marines.

The Dutch of holland are the tallest on average, if memory serves.

What's measurement unit of absurdity?

micro-Kafkas.

Better question;

Why would they care what a bunch of provincial plebs think?

Kopinski portrayed retarted ass giant only once.

Crazy proportions is how space marines look best. It makes them look like they're wearing POWER armor.

>Half crazed psychos from primitive planets
> speak an archaic form of high gothic.

Space Marines probably aren't articulate or cultured for the most part other than having their chapter traditions drilled into them.

>Space Marines probably aren't articulate or cultured for the most part other than having their chapter traditions drilled into them.

Depends on a chapter.

Most chapters recruit from primitive worlds, death worlds or both. The trials usually have a pretty severe attrition rate. The ones who are finally selected are the most ruthless fighters from ruthless societies. They then are subjected to various psycho-surgeries and other mental conditioning meant to imprint them into totally remorseless killing machines. All they are meant to know and understand is brotherhood and killing. They usually have limited if any exposure to broader imperial culture.

This isn't depends on the chapter, this is how the vast majority of chapters are run.

I've always wondered.

How does Space marines poop?

Not just in their armor. But also in their spaceships and in their chapels. Where to they store their pop, and how do they get rid off it?

Interstellar ships have recycling systems similar to those of Hiveworlds that render biological matter down and reconstitute it into synthetic food. Biological matter being anything from shit to dead bodies.

In suit? They wallow in it. They're all fart huffers y'know. That one book even confirms it what with the 3 bro's hotboxing eachother with their farts.

1d4chan.org/wiki/The_Toilets_of_the_41st_Millennium

May you be flush with knowledge you didn't really want.

Ian Watson was a scat fetishist.

Such psycho therapies would also instill a common language. And if at least some kind of culture isn't the marines would get some basic lessons on how to act on certain planets. Not how to courtsy and shit, just enough that the civilians/officers don't get that much butthurt and that they can cooperate of needed

I think I heard somewhere that the black carapace has tubes for liquid and solid waste which hooks up to the filtration or life support whichever you want to call it in their armour

By that logic, Space Marines would come out as beefed up cavemen swinging swords like clubs which, I mean, they kind of do, but only because when you get that strong you can do whatever the fuck you want.
The people coming in one side of SM training share very little with the 'people' coming out the other. They definitely learn at least High Gothic and their local Low Gothic dialect.

Problem is, a normally proportioned human doesn't fit the armour.

Once was all it took though

One Million First Age Elves (7.5ft+) spawn on Terra in full armor, bolters and each elf has one magic elven sword.

Like when?

>be average 6'2 swede
>visit america
>feel like a space marine

Not only are americans manlets but also obese.

How did you not get shot by the cops?

>swede
He's white.

That was a pretty good scene to be honest

The colors are wrong.

Blood Angels sergeants have black pauldrons, red trim, and yellow heraldry.

>Swedes
>white

Haha, no they're all called Mohammed, don't you know?

Nonsense.

well they do generally wear concealing armor, which probably helps.

not average but pretty cool desu

lol i didn't write ''desu''

>lol
To Be Honest autocorrects to "desu."

Kinda silly desu senpai.

>muslims
>white

Some of these ''fanart'' that i really like, but at the same time i cringe at the proportions.

Major time lurker here so not yet accustomed.

A story about a space marine without armor or weapons, undercover somehow on a civilian world in the Imperium.

It depends on where you go in the US. I'm 6'2" and was average for my high school. But the many of the people I work with are all super short because of the Mexicans and Chinese that have moved to my area. All of the German/Irish/English older families are all tall and robustly built, but all the immigrants and international students at the university are short and usually slightly built.

It's like, like, the outsider perspective can be nice instead of a boring and stereotypical "SPACE MARINES ALL THE TIME" view.

Like the tidbit on the age-old 3rd edition Chaos Codex, about a nomadic chaos-worshipper in a small feudal planet. Loved that one.

This. I grew up in upstate NY and the majority population was white. I'm around 6'2" and only a little taller than average up there. I moved to the city in PA last year and I'm basically a fucking giant down here. Hispanics are everywhere and short as all hell. Some blacks can get pretty tall but the average are about as tall as the average hispanic.

thats amour, not fucking clothes, it is bulk with artificial muscles and shit

Art proportions =/= Actual Portrayals.

i fucking loved that morsel, like the way he described his sword and called the loyalist marines 'storm giants'

Joints still have to line up, or that Space Marine breaks his arms/legs every time the armour moves.

>be of christian faith
>not recognize a winged angel for what it is
burn, apostate

>not snap, crackling, popping your bones in defensive measures like a horror frog
>not healing your shit like a boss after pimpslaping someone with your sharp ass arm bones
Stay pleb.

Is that hulk hogan

Fucking this, if it's not much thicker than Plains clothes then where is it going to store any of those subsystems? I hate it when they scale Marine proportions up to the armor, instead of the armor to them.

Try to keep your shitty opinions to your tiny country eurofag.

great comet
the guy is a retard though and the author madea bit to many leaps when it came to his conclusion
>hueg "angels" come to save you from "devils"
>but they were so mean to the devils !!!!
i wish we had more fluff about feudal worlds though

at that point he looks like a mech pilot desu

trembling mound of greasy american adipose detected

It's more that the only thing that distinguished them from the devils is that they didn't shoot at the peasants too. They just show up and kill then leave without even saying anything to them.

Lol, tau are manlets.

the fuck did they expect
if i was getting mugged and a giant walked in to fuck up the muggers and then left without saying anything i'dd be damn happy if he did that again if a was getting mugged

>the guy is a retard
He's actually an uneducated farmer from a pre-industrialized planet. So you know, calling him a retard is like Einstein's quote of judging a fish by its ability to climb a tree.
>>but they were so mean to the devils !!!!
Dan Abnett was probably trying to convey the sense of what SPACE MARINE scale warfare looks like to a peasant untouched by the constant horrors of the galaxy.

If you were getting mugged, then a seven foot guy wearing a human skull as a mask chainsawed the mugger in half, spraying you in blood and organs, you'd be pretty horrified. You'd be happy you're not getting mugged, but you'd also probably be dropping a load in your pants.

I'd feel the same way, but this is more like the giant comping to stop the muggers by taking each of them and shoving them into wood chippers and spraying the viscera all over your house.

like i said i get what the author was trying to convey but he seriously jumped way to many points to get there for any logical human
right now it comes off as :
>bad things happen
>bad things fuck shit up
>angels come and fuck up the bad things
>i am scared of angels now

well keep in mind the muggers were doing the same thing up untill that point

Yeah.

Horror + Horror = Yet More Horror

The peasant's revelation isn't that the angels are baddies, it's that the heavens are apparently horrible and filled with violence.

>Does anyone else walk in around in power armor?

yes, some do

I was in New York City and upstate for two weeks. But I must disagree with your idea that anglo, irish and german ancestry is good for height. In Europe all those countries have relatively short people compared to Scandinavia and Holland. I've also read that there are even taller people in the Balkans near some mountain range. Real shame with the immigrants dragging down the average height to 6'1 here in Sweden. Most men are 6'2 or taller. Damn cops make me feel like a dwarf.

I live in Canada and I'm shorter than average, but average height for white people isn't really that huge. Probably like 5'10". Same in the country and the city.

There are obviously outliers, but still.

isn't that a thing though? I cant remember where I read this but I'm pretty sure their is a story where some chaos marines tricked a planet into thinking they were regular space marines (Might have been the alpha legion though that might be me making shit up)

As others have said, he isn't afraid of the Marines in the same way he is afraid of the Orks. But he now realizes that the Marines aren't typical angels but angels of death. If they return that means the Orks have also returned.
Not to mention he is is a simple farmer living on a peaceful planet. The worst he had seen up to then was drunken fights or maybe some edgy robbers. Then the Orks came and slaughtered the soldiers with ease and enjoyed it too. That fucked with his vision of the galaxy. Then the Marines arrived and completely massacred the Orks then left, obviously to massacre other threats. So now he realizes that the galaxy isn't a nice place at all. What's worse is the notion of the Marines themselves. The Orks were horrifying but the Marines brutally put them down and immediatelly left. So now he also knows that there are much worse things in the galaxy than these already horrifying Orks and that the Marines are constantly fighting such terrors.

only a mother could love that face

Looks like a normal human in terminator armour.
Maybe the mechanicus mod it to fit human proportions
Or he has a small child in each limb working it for him while he hits them on the head when he wants them to move.

Link or screencap to that story?

40k is fuckin dumb, isnt it

>i said so

Feanor looks more womanly than Luthien does on there. Also I forgot how much of a height fetish Tolkien had as a hand me down from ancient European literature.

Chaos Space Marines. Rich humans. Eldar, actually. The odd ork. Various other aliens.

Tau stealth suits count?