>Pastebin:
pastebin.com/7sSgGVPH
mediafire.com/download/n7htcqyqk0y0acy/[WtF]The_Pack.PDF
mediafire.com/download/a1kpjrm41yzozkq/V20_Ghouls_&_Revenants.pdf

>Latest News
theonyxpath.com/v20-summer-bundle/

Promethean 2e is out
>richfags
drivethrurpg.com/product/189395/Promethean-the-Created-2nd-Edition?manufacturers_id=4261&language=en&affiliate_id=498510
>poorfags
sendspace.com/file/jwiihm

>Mage 2e Errata
drive.google.com/file/d/0BxveHUKxwBU9UUZ4UjZJdEhIM2c/view?usp=sharing
>new mega
mega.nz/#F!rFIDxRRK!IEzkLlroRoPwmDqtxKRMsw

This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/25-years-of-masquerading-monday-meeting-notes/

>Question
Was there seriously no thread?

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/file/d/0BxveHUKxwBU9RnlfTkJnY2NyMjQ/view
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BadassLongcoat
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Was there seriously no thread?

Nah. It died a few hours ago. And there was nothing to discuss.

Do you have the OP art without the text?

just do a google image search

Only get copies of the one with the text, or the original cover, with that text.

take the original cover and crop out the image you fucking mong

Do we have to have Constantine art at EVERY thread?

There are other sources of inspiration for Urban Fantasy you know.

Make the next thread, then you can pick the art.

It's Dresden Files doe

Fine. Constantine-or-Constantine-ripoffs art.

Better?

I mean, the last thread(, this OP has the wrong one listed) had art from a V20 book
Get your panties out of a knot, though, bruh, Dresden isn't a Constantine ripoff anymore than any other urban fantasy media is a Borderlands ripoff

How apt considering it's an image of Cuntstantine that you can't follow the basic Veeky Forums dictum to be excellent to a fellow user. I bet you'll tell us about your Beasthood next.

It's not Constantine
Read the fucking thread

>Get your panties out of a knot, though, bruh, Dresden isn't a Constantine ripoff anymore than any other urban fantasy media is a Borderlands ripoff

Smartass modern day wizard in a longcoat. Constantine was the original. Everyone after that is a ripoff, no matter how popular they for some reason manage to get.

Dresden is a PI though, and Constantine is a con man. Pretty important difference.

It's actually Dresden.
And if you want the image without text, you'll need to do what I did when I made it and crop it and clean out the text of the original cover yourself. If you don't want to do that, I can't help you, I didn't save it because I didn't need to (and then they changed the name of the game and I wished I had).

Being excellent to your fellow anons doesn't mean bending over backwards for them. I'm against the "muh spoonfeeding" meme of being a dick to people who ask for things, but begging for something that literally doesn't exist won't get you anywhere, and no one is likely to make it for you.

Also, I've explained this about a dozen times:
When I made thread starter images, my goal was not to use only WoD images, it was to use images that might give inspiration. The D&D/Pathfinder and Shadowrun threads do the same thing and no one bitches that they're not using only Shadowrun art.
Most of them are Dresden Files or Constantine, because those are famous examples that it's easy to find fan art or covers of.
There are a few from a different Urban Fantasy book series.
There are a few from the graphic novel Fables
Some are random weird anime or photography images (like the guy in a deer head attacking someone in a bathtub)
I've even got Batman images.

The point is not to be WoD images. In fact, quite the opposite.

I stopped making the images and the threads, but the people who've followed suit seem to have the same idea.

He's still an occultist in a trenchcoat
He's far from the first person to wear a trenchcoat. Even the ones who follow the same basic idea are only vaguely similar. It's like saying every ranger no matter what is a rip off of Aragorn. "Detective in a trenchcoat" is much older than Constantine, and ubiquitous that it barely counts as a character type; it's practically a uniform.

How would Court of Owls work in a Wod game? You think it would fit best in Mummy?

I would have had the Court of Owls in my Werewolf game set in Literally Gotham if it didn't crash and burn as all online games do (speaking of which, I should run more than one session of Promethean).

They'd really work in anything. Occult society with zombie assassins is pretty easy to fit anywhere. But honestly I think giving them a connection with the Strix is the best way to go about it.

Best question. Yes, no thread because last one was slow and all the anons were lazy.

I remember that doujin, it was adorbs,

>Was there seriously no thread?

If anything, the current posts in this thread is evidence that maybe it was for the best. We don't need a general going all of the time.

Not all online games, but it does take a special kind of magic in order to make them work. Currently I'm running a Hunter game that's been goin on for something like a year, and more or less the same group has been in a werewolf game for a bit longer.
The artist is pretty great in general.

>He's far from the first person to wear a trenchcoat. Even the ones who follow the same basic idea are only vaguely similar. It's like saying every ranger no matter what is a rip off of Aragorn. "Detective in a trenchcoat" is much older than Constantine, and ubiquitous that it barely counts as a character type; it's practically a uniform.

Constantine is no detective though. Only Dresden is. When he did it, it was original. He was a wizard without being silly and wearing robes and cloaks and shit.
Dresden is just a ripoff of better written characters.

In other words while they share a singular visual element in common Constantine has no reason to wear one while as a detective it's Dresden's dress code. Got it. Constantine is just a modern wizard, who join JL dark has had many writers and is at best a side character in the DC U. Dresden is the a cool character.

>Constantine is just a modern wizard

Constantine is THE modern wizard.
Dresden is A modern wizard who juuuuust happens to dress the same.

Can anyone post images of some angels?

Real angels or robot-angels, user?

Okay I think I got this thing nailed down.

Enhanced item 5
Braumium sword (potency 2)
Superlative luck (weaponry)
Invisibility

Robots please, weirder the better

Lemme see what I can get for you senpai. How "weird" we talking?

What's the name or artist to look it up?

>Braumium ?

Do you mean Brontium (perfected copper), Thaumium, or something else??

This may be further from what you want, I'm half thinking angel in the sense that the book

Like, what's the weirdest thing ya got?

>He's far from the first person to wear a trenchcoat. Even the ones who follow the same basic idea are only vaguely similar. It's like saying every ranger no matter what is a rip off of Aragorn. "Detective in a trenchcoat" is much older than Constantine, and ubiquitous that it barely counts as a character type; it's practically a uniform.

"Just what the world's been waiting for. The charge of the Trenchcoat Brigade." - Constantine, the Books of Magic

Takatsu something.

Depends on how you mean "weird", user.

I didn't want to mention the Trenchcoat Brigade because I thought it might make that poster feel his whining had some sort of legitimacy.

Also, how's kicks? Anything you can tell us about upcoming Signs of Sorcery stuff? Are we going to see more types of Yantras?

It's the perfected alloy that is combat focused. Adding + damage and spend a mana for aggravated damage.

Maybe less weird

Hm..How robotic you want your angels, senpai?

>I didn't want to mention the Trenchcoat Brigade because I thought it might make that poster feel his whining had some sort of legitimacy.

You know. If you keep quiet about something out of fear it might give your opponent some legitimacy... You might have a problem there.

Actually, just post whatever ya want. Also, anyone down to dump general world of darkness character art?

Dumanium?

drive.google.com/file/d/0BxveHUKxwBU9RnlfTkJnY2NyMjQ/view

Hmm, I wanna help but I'm not 100% sure what I'm lookin for in this mess of unorganized pictures.

It's more that I didn't want the thread to devolve into someone going "SEE? TOLD YOU SO".
It's not really relevant to bring up that DC made their own Constantine rip offs. I also just hate how people use the term "rip off" when it's more likely that the character in question is just continuing a line of character types. That is to say, you could end up with a character like Constantine without ever having read Hellblazer because "occultist in a trenchcoat" is a popular character type in its own right, regardless of whether or not Constantine was the first.

Here

>That is to say, you could end up with a character like Constantine without ever having read Hellblazer because "occultist in a trenchcoat" is a popular character type in its own right, regardless of whether or not Constantine was the first.

But it is a popular archetype BECAUSE of Constantine!
When one can point to such an obvious beginning, everyone else who does it IS a ripoff.

That's it, sorry I was posting from work and didn't have the reference.

Colombo.
Sam Burke
Every detective in a 1920's movie ever. Where do you think Johnny boy got the idea?

Congratulations, every near-invincible superhuman is a ripoff of Heracles.
Prometheans? Total fucking ripoff of Frankenstein.
Geist? Fuck, that's a ripoff of Persona, Scooby Doo, /and/ all those ghost hunter shows.

Do you see how silly it is when you call things ripoffs instead of just realizing that there are no original ideas because everything has been done before?

By the English weather.

Pretty much.
He'll all the kinky stuff we thought was new. Nope turns out some frog was doing that while Vikings were trashing his town. It was just wasn't as wide spread.

Or I should say talk of it wasn't as wide spread. People used to keep that shit on the down low.

Indeed. The trenchcoat, no less worn by a gruff or disillusioned antihero, is a classic noir trope, and long precedes Constantine/Hellblazer.

But since Constantine took it to a new genre, hell, in many ways INVENTED a new genre, modern day magic, anything he does is by definition original.
Whereas Dresden has absolutely NOTHING original.

>Geist? Fuck, that's a ripoff of Persona, Scooby Doo, /and/ all those ghost hunter shows.

And I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling kids...

You're an idiot, Aspel.

TV Tropes: Badass Longcoat

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BadassLongcoat

While you might believe Constantine is original or trailblazing, and I would agree with respect to some elements, his basic persona and style/dress was a ripoff of classic film noir, and anything but original.

Just because you (or we) like Constantine, it does not rewrite or restart the clock on literary and film history.

I hate both

They suck

So, VTM 4th Edition has now be renamed as 5th Edition (I am so glad that they are recognizing V20 as its own edition) but as to be expected from Martin Ericsson and his ilk, it's gonna suck. A metaplot-ridden mess that only appeals to edgelords of the highest order.

Yeah, let's just stick to Requiem...oh wait, Onyx Path screwed that one up too. Albeit not as bad as they fucked over Masquerade.

In all honesty, White Wolf needs to let the past go. nWoD (or CofD, if you insist) is a much better setting than oWoD and if you're going to do a "One World of Darkness", do it with Requiem and not Masquerade.

>but Masquerade outsold Requiem

Because the RPG market was bigger in 1991 than it was in 2005, plus CCP more or less incapacitated White Wolf during the bulk of nWoD's existence. Nowadays, Masquerade survives purely off of nostalgia value and stupid Bloodlines memes. Granted, Bloodlines is a good game, but still, let the past die already.

I was initially excited for Paradox's buyout of White Wolf, but once I found out what all that entailed, my hopes were dashed. It's sad that the fate of WoD is in the hands of a a Swedish Goth edgelord who is also a rabid fanboy of oWoD to the point of deliberately sabotaging nWoD's potential.

Fuck Martin Ericsson, fuck VTM 5e, fuck the new White Wolf and Paradox Interactive, fuck the Goth subculture, fuck this board, and fuck my life. I fucking hate what WoD has become.

(rant over)

Sorry, but it needed to be said.

Isn't the solution, then, to look for more original ideas? "Nothing is new" just comes off as an admission of defeat and acceptance of stagnation.

Calling Aspel an idiot is an insult to idiots everywhere.

>nWoD (or CofD, if you insist) is a much better setting than oWoD

His clothing isn't original. Lots of characters have worn longcoats. Including lots of real people.
But making it such an iconic thing, when basically creating a new type of character IS original. That's what it means.
And thus, when Dresden wears one, it is a grade A ripoff.

Just play something else. There's no point in playing something that doesn't make you happy. You've been ranting about this on the same points for ages now, and nothing is going to change.

Just stop playing CofD and WoD. Find a new game that you'll like. Disengage from all WW/CofD communites. Cut it out from your life entirely. Focus on what'll make you feel good about gaming.

>tfw when Camilla's actually semi-right about something

Despite his usual idiocy, there is a kernel of truth to this weebish madness.

White Wolf really does need to stop relying so much on oWoD and focus more effort into growing the CofD brand.

Like him or hate him, Ericsson is a bit of a Masquerade fanboy at times and he is kind of blinded to CofD's potential because of it.

I think Requiem and the Chronicles of Darkness as a whole could be a viable brand if developed further. The new 2e rules are a good start, despite Camilla's protests and 1e fanboyism.

>oWoD is shit
>nWoD is great

Thanks captain obvious, I wonder where your adventures will take you next

I am so sick of that "Some Other Game" bullshit you Goths keep throwing at me.

I don't want "Some Other Game", I just want my modified WoD. And that is what I will ST, a modified WoD.

It's not like Martin Ericsson or Justin Achilli are gonna break into my home and make my group follow the metaplot at gunpoint.

>Yeah, let's just stick to Requiem...oh wait, Onyx Path screwed that one up too.
but requiem is awesome

Okay, have fun, seeya.

The trenchcoat was a iconic feature of the gritty noir (chain-smoking, drinking and womanizing) detectives, long before Constantine.. Hellblazer, while excellent, is really entirely derivative in most aspects.

Harry Dresden, based on noir detectives but in an urban fantasy setting, has the same roots as Hellblazer, and just more honest about it.

The fact that YOU find Constantine so original or trailblazing does not make it so. You need to broaden your literary horizons to get a much better perspective,

Was awesome.

The setting and mechanics changes contained in 2e are what ruined it.

Still better than what Revised and 5e did to Masquerade though.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

>It's not like Martin Ericsson or Justin Achilli are gonna break into my home and make my group follow the metaplot at gunpoint.
You poor summer child. You are not prepared for their wrath.

So stop bitching about it. We get that you have problems with this but you ramble about it all the time and nothing is improved by having this rant.

I just want 90s gangster anime WoD

>The setting and mechanics changes contained in 2e are what ruined it.

Care to explain how?
I could finally get around to accepting it with 2e, when they did stuff like remove Vampire's inability to handle things like "suddenly turned on flashlights" or "meeting a new vampire".

Again: That's not what the term rip off means you fucking idiot.
You can rip off a specific character. You can't rip off a general character type. Constantine himself is inspired by existing character tropes.

Fuck, I laughed, I lost

You're an idiot. For fucks sake, I've repeatedly made it known I'm a Dresden fan. They're literally arguing against me.

I guess so, it's just the WoD fandom can be so infuriating and condescending at times.

I've been here since 2015

I know that's sarcasm, but I still prefer "90's Gangster Anime WoD" to the soulless and nihilistic pap that is going to be VTM 5e.

Fuck this world. I only came here to get some things off my chest when I found out about VTM 5e's newest details.

>Fuck this world. I only came here to get some things off my chest when I found out about VTM 5e's newest details.

What details have we gotten?

From the forums

What else we know so far about Vampire: the Masquerade 5th Edition, facts:

* Disciplines and Feeding will work by the "You are what you eat"-philosophy.
* Core institutions and concepts like "The Camarilla", "the Beast" and others will have have changed or shifted in meaning or operation in varying degrees.
* The metaplot for 5th edition will start right before the event known as Gehenna.
* Metaplot going forward will focus on real life players being the main characters. Transmedia will be huge focus.
* The game (and it's mechanics?) will treat humans not as blood bags but as individuals that matter.
* All licensees of the franchise will get the same "bible" to help unify the world and game universe. Helps the metaplot stay relevant and consistent.
* Metaplot progress will focus on real life players being the main characters. Transmedia will be a huge focus.

Rumors:
* Humans might be more aware of the prescence of supernatural entities and dangers in the world.
* There might have been a war among Vampires for the graves of the ancients

I think part of the problem is that you're dealing with Veeky Forums here. For as mild as Veeky Forums is compared to other boards you're still going to have a fair share of people who are assured that their opinion is right and take great pleasure in messing with people who take offense at being messed with. Generally speaking, i just ignore them.
Except for you. God dammit, Dresden is great, that doesn't mean it invented a trope that's been around forever you mong.

Grow up.

You miss the point entirely. The point isn't to give up, the point is that "new" is not about creatio ex nihilo, it's about scavenging and repurposing existing concepts. The reason people study things like tropes--and I don't mean hurr TVTropes--is because knowing how literature has been formed in the past is helpful if you plan to form your own literature.

Again, that's not a rip off. As points out, they have he same source. If two people steal from the same thing, they're not ripping each other off, despite any similarities. In fact, most modern urban fantasy characters wear trenchcoats, and it's unlikely they're all based on or inspired by Dresden; it's just that vampire detectives tend to wear trenchcoats for the same reason human detectives do. Plus, it looks better in your brooding NBC primetime drama. Or whatever.

You don't want Some Other Game [that works better] you want to turn WoD into Some Other Game.

>Again, that's not a rip off. As points out, they have he same source. If two people steal from the same thing, they're not ripping each other off, despite any similarities. In fact, most modern urban fantasy characters wear trenchcoats, and it's unlikely they're all based on or inspired by Dresden; it's just that vampire detectives tend to wear trenchcoats for the same reason human detectives do. Plus, it looks better in your brooding NBC primetime drama. Or whatever.

Constantine built an original idea by being inspired by a group of sources, but created an original character out of it.
Dresden is Constantine, but American.

>Except for you. God dammit, Dresden is great, that doesn't mean it invented a trope that's been around forever you mong.
Are you capable of reading?
"Dresden is totally unique!" is not an argument I've made. In fact "neither Dresden nor Constantine are really that unique" is the argument I've made.

Aspel, you can trollshield Camilla all you want, but you're just as much of a shitposter as he is.

He's a drunk and possibly autistic weeb and you're an SJW and a massive contrarian.

You both need to grow the fuck up.

>you want to turn WoD into Some Other Game

So what if I do? Does it affect your game table? No.

Let me make my own decisions on WoD and how I run it and alter it. I don't call you out on your much-maligned homebrews, do I?

We're both hated by the majority of this board, maybe we should both leave and never come back.

I'm seriously contemplating such an idea, given how bad the WoD fandom has become.

>So what if I do? Does it affect your game table? No.
It sort of does, actually. You rant and rave about how WoD should change. If you were to get a say in things, it would change things at our table, because we wouldn't be able to get more source books to the game we have now, and want to keep.

>We're both hated by the majority of this board, maybe we should both leave and never come back.
Or you could consider why you are so hated here (and disliked on the OPP forums), and start working on being less annoying to others.

Different strokes for different folks
It may be for you but it ain't for me
Just because it's canon doesn't mean I have to use it
Everyone has their own way of doing things
To each his own tastes

They really have very little in common.

>trollshield
What?
Also, you need to grow up. You're bitching and whining and shitposting while calling me a shitposter.

>So what if I do? Does it affect your game table? No.
It effects this thread, clearly.

You ARE a shitposter, you're a self important ass who stirs the thread up like nothing else, and is so much of an attention whore that you refuse to take on a trip purely because people would filter you and fewer people would respond to your obnoxious posts.

>They really have very little in common.
Snarky trench-coated wizard, who plays by his own rules, and is at odds with the world around him. His life is mostly suffering, but to be fair, that suffering is brought on as a direct result of his poor choices in life.

Core description of both characters.

>Aspel condemning others for being annoying

It's the pot calling the kettle black.

At least Camilla's aware of the fact that he is hated and reviled, and he actually just accepts it.

I agree. I could see a Promethean the Created television series being a huge hit, if it was on something like Netflix.

>I don't want "Some Other Game", I just want my modified WoD. And that is what I will ST, a modified WoD.

Then I don't understand why you need to keep ranting. Just disengage with the "Goths" you don't like, and keep on trucking with your own games. There's no point on focusing on things that make you unhappy. Yes, it's not fair that people might end up snubnosing you when you end up talking about your game, but that's not a goth thing, that's just people on the internet being very particular about their games. You have to let this go, you must come to some sort of acceptance, or else it'll just continue to eat at you.

I () am not Aspel, is Aspel.

Seriously though. Aspel, you need to get a trip. As it is now, everyone who has a habit of multiquoting, or even splitting up answers within the same post is accused of being you.

Nice try, Aspel.

True

You know, maybe I should be less annoying. I'm done with Veeky Forums and I'll try to repair my reputation at Onyx Path, but I'm still sticking to my modified WoD.

Though if I did switch to "Some Other Game", then it will be my favorite RPG of all time, one that is far superior to WoD and CofD in every way, shape, and form. A blast from the past that should have stayed....

Big Eyes Small Mouth.

It even has a Sailor Moon adaptation.

You can keep your WoD canon, I'll be playing BESM and modified WoD.

Like you said, to each their own.

Happy Gaming to all! (Except Aspel)

I'm pretty sure it's just one or two idiots who are obsessed.

>Happy Gaming to all! (Except Aspel)
You're now going to spend the next 30 posts talking about how you're leaving and never coming back, aren't you.

Just shut up get the fuck out, and we'll all be happier for it.