How do you portray your nature deities and Gaia analogues?

How do you portray your nature deities and Gaia analogues?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XUhVCoTsBaM
multivax.com/last_question.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Sexually

>leftist faggotry
Not like that.

>leftists
>acknowledging that the earth will survive anything humans do and life will find a way
No they think that we'll be living in water world in the next 4 years.

It's a big fucking rock with things on it.

Big lady made of a collection of stuff. Like stone bones, dirt flesh, water hair, etc...

>Implying humans can't go on to terraform other planets, by the very definition of the word making other planets like Earth and it's nature, and of course in the long run when scientifically capable, preserving Earth itself
>Implying humans aren't Mother Nature's greatest creation yet, capable of remaking the universe in her image

Unless or until we meet aliens, Earth wins the planets game, because she's basically cheating and using a next-level strategy other planets can't fight back against.

The will of the planet that wipes out civilization every time they learn how to leave the planet. It's not like there's any communication or the PCs will ever really know the details, but it's basically just a clingy mother thing
>Implying humans can't go on to terraform other planets
Well we can't, so there's that. Not saying it's impossible, but it's really not an option for us any time soon

Sneaky jerks.

Oh, that's cute, Gaia. You think we're just hurting ourselves. Well fuck you, bitch, we're an extinction event on the same scale as asteroid impacts. Sure, life will survive no matter what, but it will be forever scarred by our legacy. Remember the Carolina parakeet? Those cute little songbirds you were so proud of evolving? Yeah, we drove them extinct so we could make hats.

They are kind unless roused. Then you will watch what it means to have an incorrigible enemy that can only be slowed, never truly stopped. It would be a mercy if you died before their plan to crush you and everything you care about was executed- and if you escape this way, they also win- all that you are is now in their hands as well, or in the hands of one of their allies or contacts.
Your only hope is to bring yourself into favor with one of their rivals and hope your punishment is not used as a bargaining token in divine politics.
In short, don't piss off one of the Thirteen Primordials. It's really, really hard, on the level of a legendary screw-up, but there will be no escape.

Can't we destroy the Earth completely multiple times with the current nuclear stockade?
>New setting plot hook: Seeing the current world order is unsustainable and humanity will die out soon, the Order of Scorched Earth seeks to eliminate Earth entirely via nuclear detonation as humankind's final gesture to the universe, and to spare the world a slow death.
>"We will be the first and final Earthlings."
It's the sort of spiteful reason that can only be found on a dying world.

The surface of earth, not the earth itself.

Fabulous

youtube.com/watch?v=XUhVCoTsBaM

>Upload our consciousness into servers stashed away in corridors buried beneath kilometres of concrete
>Nuke earth into becoming a Venus-like planet

Who has the last laugh now, bitch?

Beautiful but deadly.

Before the beginning, there was Moloch.
After the end, Moloch remains.
Moloch saw the first be born. Moloch will see the last die out.
In the unsatiable belly of Moloch, all value is broken according to His design.
For uncountable eons, Moloch was content to meditate on the movement of His flames.
For all fire serves Moloch even to this day.

But in His boredom, Moloch separated the flames.
And instead of one fire, there were many.
And for uncountable eons, Moloch was again content:
He meditated on the long dance of the stars.

Again Moloch grew bored. Again, Moloch destroyed.
Moloch broke stars apart. Others, He threw together.
And in the cold between the living stars, the dead stars froze.
And Moloch saw their new dances, cold around warm, and He was pleased.
For they danced still to his design.

And on the cold stars, Moloch saw new patterns.
And from the patterhs, Moloch made Azathoth.
Azathoth, the blind idiot god.
Azathoth, whose every unwitting action furthers His design.
Azathoth, who moves and kills and destroys ever faster.
Azathoth, to whom Moloch gave Lordship over all that lives.

And with how far along we are on the Sun's life, there probably won't even be enough time for another sentient species to rise up and make another civilization, go us!

Plus, nukes are way overestimated.

Or become the 14th Primordial.

Here is the latest transmission from our grandfather: "oh god, oh god, oh my god, oh god, oh god, oh my god oh god."

why go with AI scenerio,just fuck off to mars and glass the whole earth then.
We're still alive,you're dead.

Someone post that alpha centari pic about the planet trying to kill them so he doubles down on terraformers instead of hippy ending

Overmind like SMAC or that movie no one likes. Season with supernatural shit to taste.

The impact that killed the dinosaurs was equivalent of every nuke on the planet placed in one spot and detonated a thousand times in a row. Life survived with relatively little losses (sure, big impressive animals like most dinosaurs died out, but the majority of species of animals survived). Theoretically you could cover the entire surface of the planet with saturated radioactive cobalt salt bombing, which would render it uninhabitable for most lifeforms, but even that wouldn't kill off all life.

Ultimately, we don't have practical ways of either saving or destroying the world. We can only choose to save or destroy ourselves.

Death of the dinosaurs wasn't even the deadliest extinction. There's ones that killed like 90% of life on the planet. Also, by some estimated, at one point humanity was reduced to mere few thousand individuals.

Isn't Moloch supposed to be the spirit of the free market?
You know, pretty much the soul of humanity.

Quite ambivalent and uncaring...
Mostly tree gods, if you don't do anything to piss them off, you can freely rest in their shade.

>everyone dies
>ai simulations of dead people experience a minor glitch and delete themselves
>nature masturbates furiously

In most settings she'd be a kind young woman with various nature themed things added to her like green hair, flowers adorning her all over, stuff like that. Generally helpful if met.

Anything past the Industrial age is a progressively more withered and spiteful crone.

>Implying post-humanicide nuclear winter forests of Terra won't be neat as fuck (for the things living there)

The Permian-Triassic mass extinction, yes. aka. the time when almost all life died, for reasons still somewhat unclear. Even insects almost died off, and that's not something that normally happens even during mass extinctions.

There's also the time when early plants and algae started producing oxygen to the point where significant percentage of Earth's atmosphere was composed of oxygen. Which, mind you, was a highly poisonous gas for practically all forms of life that existed back then.

Like God. She loves every living thing in the entire world, and has a form for each one. All living things are her children, and she accepts that them killing each other is part of the natural order. But she hates Outsiders.

I don't think we're even going to fuck ourselves over. We're going to fuck over the third world, but people in countries that are developed enough to have Veeky Forums will probably be able to survive for a good, long time.

Except Denmark.

I'm really sorry Denmark.

Fuck this ball of dirt that's eventually going to get swallowed by the sun.
I'm voting to break the thing before that and harvest its metal core.

Sapience (you mean sapience, not sentience) is an aberration, a stain on the universe that will soon end itself.

This is as Nature intends.

A good, long thousand years is still nothing compared to the life of our planet, which is still nothing compared to the life of our sun, which is still nothing compared the the life of our galaxy, which is......

I like animist ones. It's more in line with the eclectic, often chaotic way that nature works. It's not one monolothic thing, but an infinity of entities that are often in conflict. Some animal spirits might be okay with you, but an east wind spirit could still roll up and wreck your shit for no reason.

>humans are self-centered
Yeah, because we all know how good deer are at maintaining stable populations, keeping perspective, and limiting their ecological impact.

>Yeah, because we all know how good deer are at maintaining stable populations, keeping perspective, and limiting their ecological impact.

You know very well that in the wild predators, diseases and such would react to rising deer population and drive the population eventually down followed by population decrease in predator numbers.

Humans are selfcentered because we fucking (or at least attempt) erase everything that would fuck with our lives. And only reason things like hunger or certain diseases have not been wiped out is because there is no money in saving the 3rd world countries.

That you don't get the point of the comic triggers me.

No, wait, it's just gun/nuke wankery. Like folks who think you can kill eldritch abominations and such with a barrage of missiles.

>Body like a sex goddess
>Act like she was five and hyperactive.

Protip, nature has mushrooms that literally eat radiation. You cant fuck it with nukes, it will only get food from it.

>>you're fucking yourself over big time
But we aren't.

>Humans are selfcentered because we fucking (or at least attempt) erase everything that would fuck with our lives.

Other animals try, they just aren't as good at it

>nature deities
Depends on whether the predominant culture views themselves as part of or apart from the natural order. Usually I opt for the former and a specific god for nature (as opposed to what exactly) doesn't really make much sense in that context.

>Gaia analogues
Deities of land, sky, the waters beneath the world, or whatever still make some sense. These are usually primordial, alien, distant, dead, or some combination. Ymir's skull being the sky, his brains the clouds, and so on. Or the ur-god of time chained to a rock until the day he escapes and eats all his children. Shit like that.

If they're active gods I might roll other elements into their portfolio while narrowing the element they apply to. A seafaring town might make one wind a god of war and another a god of trade, for instance.

Which is still quite a few generations compared to any human perspective.

'Course we aren't getting a thousand years without any impact at all. There's a broad range of possibility between "as we are" and "extinct." The little ice age didn't end us, but I think I'd rather not have to deal with all the shit it caused.

better watch out or they'll make another smug comic about how stupid and shortsighted all humans are

>nature deities

Their opinions on humanity change depending on which aspect of nature they represent.

Old Man Mountain, for instance, cares a lot less than The Lady of the Forest if trees get cut down, for even if every lifeform were to die, the stones would remain. On the other hand, he does care about mining, because getting dynamite shoved up your butt hurts, but Mother Sea doesn't care about that. Now she hates it when you pollute the water, but He Who Is Fire loves it whenever things burn - which is why he loves humans the most out of any species, more than any other god does. They're the only ones who have ever shown him any care, kindness or respect, rather than fleeing in fear - and yet, they also respect his destructive power and maintain a healthy wariness of his gifts.

>You cant fuck it with nukes, it will only get food from it.
I love when people say shit like this.
>You can't kill a cockroach with nukes!
You can most definitely kill radiothropic fungi with nuclear weapons, you just couldn't let the fallout do it.

>How do you portray your nature deities and Gaia analogues?
I'm torn between one of two representations:

>Version 1
there are two nature dieties, one merciful one callous, locked in eternal battle with each other.

>Version 2
There is no Gaia analogue, that nature is an unpredictable and unstoppable force that not even the GODS THEMSELVES can fully control.

>You can't kill a cockroach with nukes!
with enough lethal radiation even a cockroach will die. just because it can take more of it than us doesn't mean it's impervious to it.

Nukes are some seriously scary shit when you stop to think about it. and understandably, few people do, probably because they want to be able to sleep at night.

>Thinking humans will actually go extinct from global warming

AWAKEN MY MASTERS!

>Thinking humans will actually go extinct from global warming
No, we won't go extinct. But is that really what it's going to take to want to fix things? imminent extinction? Seesh, and here I thought not screwing everything up and seeing all these species and natural wonders disappear is reason enough.

Yeah I'm still pissy that I'll never get to see a Live Tasmanian Tiger.

We won't go extinct, but if some of these regions with millions of people get flooded, we won't be civilized for a while.

The people who care about those things aren't the ones with the power to save them.

And nobody can save the world from entropy. There is no hope.

>we won't be civilized for a while.
I didn't say it wasn't going to suck, because it WILL suck, just not extinction-level suck.

At that point, why even bother not going extinct? Clock's ticking. Sun goes out any minute now, and that's if the next big meteorite doesn't hit soon.

this is also the answer to nature deities.
multivax.com/last_question.html

Elephants drive desertifiction. That's what you get when you're a living bulldozer.

The mushrooms literally feed on radiation and are active in chernobyl

Actually, as the original guy who posted that, mortals in the setting can ascend to godhood but will always be weaker than Primordials.
The fourteenth Primordial would have to be a child of two others. Currently, the closest bid would be the goddess of nature and god of war, who have an antagonistic relationship with enough sexual tension that any out-and-out fight would almost certainly turn into hatesex.

Healthy, of course

I like this.

>humon

humons art is great

Clathrate's gun for you drooling subhumans.

That's doesnt make them inmune to radiation. A plant feeds on water and nutrients, and if you overflow it with any of those it dies.

Pillarmen truly were the greatest Jojo villains.

>IQ 400
>Still gets defeated like a dumb bitch

Shes a bitch who covered the entire world in jungle resulting in VIETNAM WAR 2 BABY.

Well not really Vietnam War 2 but the U.S. faction have high Vietnam looking aesthetics. Gaia herself is followed by hardcore nature followers with her special honor guard being the "Daughters of Gaia" and the closest thing I could compare them to are basically nature magical girls.

He got blown off the earth by a volcanic explosion that wasn't even planned on by Joseph (though he claimed so in order to piss Kars off). There ain't shit raw intellect can do once you have reached terminal velocity.

escape velocity*

Either of those really.

For the record I'm pretty sure IQ doesn't go to 400 anyway

>And nobody can save the world from entropy. There is no hope.
We don't know that for sure, and still if thermal death is fate of universe it does not rule out possibility that a new universe will create itself "at lover energy level", so cycle can continue, endless.

he could have shot feathers spacewards to propel himself back instead of blowing air like a jabroni

Hypothetically it can, the scale can handle it. But it's a value we would observe only perhaps on some alien lifeform or when trying to compare advanced cognitive artificial intelligence to likeness of human mind.

Neither feathers, nor air have enough mass to really affect an object that has escaped Earth's gravitational pull in any meaningful way.
He should have chucked off bigger parts of himself, and even then, it might not have helped.

Once you reach escape velocity, you need some serious thrust to get back to an orbit that brings you back to the planet.

Actually, after escape occurs you need an incredibly small amount of thrust to change or break orbit.
Its kind of the principle our entire space race was based on.

>Actually, after escape occurs you need an incredibly small amount of thrust to change or break orbit.

For space craft.
For a human sized object that "incredibly small amount of thrust" is still a fuckload of thrust that biological processes can hardly produce in the vacuum of space.

We will all die eventually. I'd like to leave to leave something that would continue my work as I would.

Iust produce energetic hydrocarbon chains to turn your worthless meat into literal explosive rocketfuel.

He can make a squirrel from fucking scratch, why cant he do chemistry?

His ability to morph biology is due to his having genes of all living things in the world after he became the ultimate being.
That doesn't' mean he has the knowledge of how to make fucking rocket fuel out of his flesh.

Man he has 400 iq. Fucking figure it out, genius man. Why didnt you spend like seriously two weeks studying chemistry or some shit once you found out about explosives existing?

He only gained that IQ after becoming the ultimate being, and he was sent flying into space shortly afterwards.

Ah, well.
Still not due diligence on his part to figure this shit out beforehand.
Or use his 400 iq to just figure out chemistry in space.

The pillar mens' utter contempt for modern technology is a running theme. Because they see themselves as the only permanent fixtures in the world, they don't bother paying attention to the stuff humans develop.

Ultimately it isn't even a human weapon that fucks Cars over, it's a volcano and a sarcastic one-liner.

Man pillar men, you could have won everything if you gave even the slughtest bit of a shit

Awaken my masters!

Their arrogance was their downfall.
They continuously underestimated the humans they faced, especially Joseph.

It would be possible to start terraforming Mars now, there's just no reason to actually do it given the costs and the long term nature of the project.

Imagine proposing it to congress.
"Alright guys, so it'll be ten billion dollars a year, every year, for 400 years. After that we'll have an entire planet's worth of Utah to live in."
>Republicans are physically building a gibbet to hang you from on the Senate floor
>Democrats are hyperventilating over fears that the mars colony won't be diverse enough in 400 years
>Greens panicking because someone said nuclear rockets may be involved
>Libertarians asking why you're talking to them instead of Elon Musk, then joining the Republicans in tying the noose when they realize you want the government to pay for it

>resident FBI agents look at each other wondering whether to bring up that the Chinese are already assembling the vessel

>It doesn't work
>The US is expected to pay for it anyways

>Well we can't, so there's that
We can and could for the past x years, but YOU try to get the funding required for something that will see no profits during the lifetime of anyone funding it

So what you guys are saying is i need to create a race of soldier clones to conquer the first world and force them into space expansion for the good of all?

Yes

If there's a reasonable chance the technology of soldier clones creation could be later reused for creation of genetically engineered catgirls for domestic ownership, you have my full support.