Does your character have mercy on female opponents, Veeky Forums?

Does your character have mercy on female opponents, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tFb2NExVIWU
youtube.com/watch?v=3t_3XCUZkS4
youtube.com/watch?v=qH8sUpFVJkQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No more than for male opponents.
e.g. if they are innocent, mothers or something else that justifies mercy, yes.

>inb4 'my character is a rapist, so mature'

Depends on the group. Different groups get mad at different things because social politics or whatever it is.

Otherwise no. No more mercy than any other opponent with no character development.

My character is a rapist.

She's raped plenty of monsters.

Our group runs on the philosophy of 'Fuck with us and we'll fuck you up'. So far, when faced with women, we've done that.

Man, that's actually something worth mentioning.

See, fighting women can be weird in RPGs. Like, in shows and so on, women generally don't get messed up in fights. Not the same way men get messed up.

It can be really weird in D&D when the players are going "I HACK HER ARM OFF!" or "I HIT HER IN THE FACE WITH MY MACE!" and they're still expected to chat later.

As a PC, it really depends on the setting. I'm probably being misanthropic here, but my PCs don't hold back against women - because if they're trying to kill you, it's fair to kill them back.

Depends. Are they filthy Imperial dogs, no better than beasts, who plunder the countryside and slaughter innocents and destroy our history and culture?

Then no.

Depends on my character and the mood of the game.

Ah ah, no. I sniped a female prisoner that tried to escape last month.
But thinking of it, the evil characters created by our GM tend to be male. Unless the non-humanoid ones are female, but we haven't checked.

youtube.com/watch?v=tFb2NExVIWU

Depends. If she's a soldier, mercenary, or other professional where she's only fighting me because we're on opposite sides, then yeah, I'll show mercy. If she's the evil fuck I came to kill, the only mercy she's getting is a sword through the brainstem.

My current character has a massive complex about it. And he's suffering after he failed to protect an evil female witch from the rest of the party. And also keeps getting into punchy fights with people over issues related to hurting women.

Which is the point of having a female character if you can't tell the difference from a male one?

> depends depends depends

Why don't you faggots have an opinion for once?

What's the point of having a male character if you can't tell the difference from a female one?

I had an opinion, fuckface. My opinion was "it depends on the circumstances."

Of course not, that would be sexist.

Some of us do are capable of higher thought and know that a base question could not be answered correctly without six walls of text your simple mind would not care about anyway.

Because answers can and should be nuanced and the world isn't black and white.

I don't know, we never fought any.

Of course, he subdues and imprisons them. Women are useful in the post apocalypse.

>Note, he's not a rapist.

Did she died

No, just horribly scarred.

Because not all settings are equal and characters aren't all the same personality with different combat rules.

he get's them every time because of the implication tho

That doesn't invalidate the question.

>Whats even the point of taking any care about the character's gender?

If you prefer...

>Note, he's not a rapist.
slaver?

No, just gathering women to live in a growing town/small city.

No, he's a coward who fights like a cornered animal when threatened and there's no way out.

>oes your character have mercy on female opponents, Veeky Forums?
depends, how much mercy was she planning on showing me?

Never comes up in my game. Anything fool enough to attack us dies gets its' possessions stuffed into our sacks regardless of gender. Of course the vast majority of what we fight is male or undetermined. Note my group has one actual female and one constant crossplayer. There is no way rape, sex slavery, or other degenerate shit would fly at my table even in games with evil characters.

If they're looking to kill my character, then hell no.

First post best post.

What's the point of taking any care about your character's childhood, upbringing, culture, or views of the world or how society would view them?

A pimp.

My (latest) character is generally merciful, but if someone is truly evil he doesn't care what's under the robe (assuming the evil person is a wizard or priest, it's not profiling if it's true).

Because if your PC's entire action pattern can be summed up in 4 lines of logic statements, you don't have a character. I could program a phone ap that replaces you as a player and get the same quality of play.

No, I'm not a sexist shitlord after all

This the hammer of justice is unisex and mercy should be granted accordingly.

Harem protagonist.

Depends entirely on the contract
>Ashed mercenary
Generally not paid enough to risk mercy, mostly paid to neutralize threats, which generally means killing them. Why would it matter if the threat is female?

>Hesitation in finishing a foe mostly just gives them an opportunity to kill you
>Female POWs eat as much as males, so its just as wasteful in keeping them alive unless they are an officer that can be ransomed
>Most armies that field female soldiers oftentimes use poisoned weapons or krak powder weapons, which means finishing off fallen foes is even more important
>Women in armor look practically indistinguishable from men in armor at a glance, so its unlikely my character will even figure it out until they are on the ground and have to be finished off, see above comments.

Y'all just guaranteed your death at the hands of a soldier you hesitate to kill.

My players have mercy on ALL the opponents. It's actually starting to be a problem, as
i don't know what to do with their growing entourage.

Probably will just give them a city to build.

>My players have mercy on ALL the opponents.
You should probably have one of their captured people sabotage them. That would happen after all eventually

>Ashed mercenary
>Mercenary
Your employers could tell you to give mercy and you would have to

I did.

They told him how upset they were with his betrayal, then they tied him up (not very hard, so he could get out eventually) and left him in fuckoff wilderness with some supplies.

They aren't killing anyone unless it's in the heat of combat. And it's honestly feels great and worth derailing the whole campaign into kingdom maker.

I've been secretly rolling survival checks for him for quite some time.

>giving mercy to female soldiers

Yes, but that costs extra due to the extra risks.
>MFW my character isn't entitled to any loot the characters don't explicitly give him, gets paid a set amount by their employers, but the party still give him loot anyway out of sheer habit.

Morally grey characters do all the necessary dirty work I guess

I like your players and I like you.

Jesus Christ. Did she kill that guy in the back with her musket-rest?

>Y'all just guaranteed your death at the hands of a soldier you hesitate to kill.

You read that wrong, he mean't that he had no mercy for female soldiers, hence the "you gotta smite all the evil boy" picture.

>When Mormons Play Tabletop Games™

>Did she kill that guy in the back with her musket-rest?
seems like it
I think he was too busy internally debating whether or not fighting back would be sexist to fend off the blow.

My mistake user

>There is no way rape, sex slavery, or other degenerate shit would fly at my table even in games with evil characters.
You're the kind of person that virtue signals online and refuses to watch game of thrones aren't you

>Note my group has one actual female and one constant crossplayer
My group has consistent female players as well. If anything it pisses people off when you put the kid gloves on.

>no way degenerate shit would fly
>anything that attacks us dies

>rape is bad
>slaughter is okay

Hot.

Drow?

>Rape and slavery are unacceptable
>killing is A okay
Typical Christian nation

My characters god demands that any affront on his honor, his followers honor or his followers life be met with a hammer to the face. In other words, a bitch talks shit and she gets hit.

what if a Demon is going to destroy the world with a ritual
and we can't kill it, because if it dies it'll just go back to hell and complete the ritual there.

Just have to rape the will out of it. There's no other way.

My character is an ex-librarian wizard who's mostly adventuring because he hopes it will make him rich enough to basically buy his way back into the position he lost by being too obsessed with magic (which is forgiven). He generally hopes things work out well for people, but feels few moral compulsions in the way of actively helping anybody, unless we're talking "this won't be too far out of my way, and it'll do a LOT of good" or talking about helping the party, to whom he feels some loyalty.

He doesn't give a shit about the opponent's sex/gender. Mercy will be granted when it can be without too much inconvenience, and when he's feeling merciful.

>Just have to rape the will out of it. There's no other way.
Or you could bind the demon?
Maybe imprison it somewhere?
Maybe trap its essence in some sort of crystal? I've heard that works sometime.

Raping a demon seems like it would be an exercise in futility.

Same rules apply as with men: give them chances to yield, and put them down if they refuse.

musketeers are hardcore, man.

Obviously depends on the game, the setting, the character, the group...

A stiff, stuffy Paladin in a lighthearted D&D group where female enemies are rare and usually some kind of notable character? Then sure, he'll go out of his way to try and disarm or knock her out.

A dead-eyed Shadowrun street mage experimenting with illegal drugs and blood magic with a more hard-nosed group? Only reason he'll keep a woman alive is if he thinks the Yakuza might shell out for a bunraku, otherwise it's butchering for Tamanous's ghouls. Doesn't even have to be enemies, maybe the SINless squatters in the tenement next door.

>mandatory "le surprise girl maymay XD" post

>"I don't want to DM a game where you casually describe sex trafficking your enemies for some extra money"
>"LOOK AT THIS KID GLOVES SJW OVER HERE DOESN'T KNOW HOW THE REAL WORLD WORKS MURDER IS JUST AS BAD WHAT A HYPOCRITE"

yeah pretty much
I know you are hoping the statement itself displays its own absurdity, but it really doesn't

You're gonna have to argue that shit.
Also human trafficking gives the players a good opportunity to get some positive karma points.

Fuck no.

They would show me no mercy, so I respond in kind.

Of course "mercy" is a concept that most Monsters don't understand.

My character is under a magical geas to kill anyone he fights irrespective of age, sex or culpability.

He's a gentleman, so he doesn't pick fights.

But he can't afford to regret running through the odd street urchin that tries to jump him in an alley.

>"Hey dad you want to help me build my lego castle?"
>"NONE OF THESE LEGO PEOPLE ARE RAPING EACH OTHER HOW UNREALISTIC AND THERE'S NO PIG SHIT AND GUILLOTINE WHAT IS THIS POLITICALLY CORRECT PROPAGANDA THIS IS WHY CHILDREN TODAY ARE SO BETA"
>"Dad please stop"

Or if you still don't get it, tl;dr: not every game, setting or group of people needs to reductio-ad-absurdum its way to only the most edgy, 'realistic' version or else they're pussies and letting the side down. If you like it in your games then fine and if you've got a group that likes it then even better, but arguing that not having it inherently lessens the game is just silly posturing. I know, it's Veeky Forums and we're all keen to continuously outflank each other on how hardcore we are, but just for the record.

>whole lotta people itt

Its not "edgy" its just how a lot of settings would logically create.
There is always a demand for trafficking.

No one is walking around enforcing what is a logical (according to your interpretation) outcome for every setting and game, it is always the job of the DM and the players to collectively define the scope of their shared interests so that everyone can have fun and choosing not to cover tone-breaking material is a normal part of that process. It'd be equally silly for someone to insist the tax system and inflation/deflation of the value of a gold piece make sense in what is otherwise a friendly dungeon-crawling game, unless that's something the whole group gets a laugh out of exploring.

A "logical" result of the boardgame monopoly would be government regulation to prevent monopolies from forming. A logical result of 40k would be either a crippling skull shortage or an unmanageable surplus of all other human bones. A logical result of trying to unwind by playing make-believe-orc-punching with some friends only to have it be interrupted by one guy who insists it's in-character and setting appropriate for him to rape the villain's wife is to stop playing with that buzzkill.

Seriously reminded me of this.

youtube.com/watch?v=3t_3XCUZkS4

I do unironically want that Nazi Lego though.

>what about enslaving or infinite imprisonment

unwanted sexual advances are the least fucked up thing I could do in that situation.

>every dnd campaign should be like my favourite anime

>exposing characters to questionable morals? too edgy

hello ThatGuy

>A logical result of 40k would be either a crippling skull shortage or an unmanageable surplus of all other human bones.
"What do you mean the crematorium has run out of corpses to process more skulls from High Magos?! How will we properly decorate the interior of our new baneblade?!"

They're more molesty than full on rapey and never with their opponents.

Looks like it's because they're too wishy washy to straight up say they generally go easier on women

>unwanted sexual advances are the least fucked up thing I could do in that situation.
Not really, as they are completely uneeded, unlike infinite imprisonment for a demon

Nope. It's a Star Wars campaign, so pic related is already a norm.
As far as the group is concerned if a woman is in an Imperial uniform, then they're gonna get blasted.

>We recently sabotaged an Imperial governor's shuttle to remotely activate its ejector system.
>Hit the remote while they were at high altitude, but not high enough to jump to lightspeed, then I piloted an unarmed airspeeder into the very surprised governess mid fall.

>mandatory "le maymay" maymay post

Only in exchange for sex

I'm more worried about the dude whose face doesn't look like a face anymore.

Killing things removes them as a threat. Rape doesn't unless you kill them afterwards, at which point it's unnecessary. It also keeps them alive longer, which increases the risk of them posing a threat via escape, a lucky fingernail to the eyeball, or something similar. It's impractical.

Yep, that's historically accurate; during the English civil war Musketeers would often resort to using their arquebuses as big nasty clubs when the enemy closed with them.

This is pre-invention of the bayonet.

Early American settlers were also noted for using their muskets as clubs; possibly leading to eastern woodland tribes adopting the "Gunstock Club" which is actually a pretty efficient weapon.

>Mutants and Masterminds Superheroics.
Vigilantes are held to a higher set of standards then the normal people. The last time a Hero was accused of knowingly commiting manslaughter, it was a massed media circus and in the end was given twenty years gaol.

Saying that, my own character's powers were so destructive that she took extra special care when using them. She was showing everyone mercy.
Except to alien invaders. Those inhuman monsters deserved everything they got.

>GURPS Gangland Pulp.
She took never intentionally killed anyone.
She did have fun with torture and disfigurment though, regardless of gender.
However, her artistry took time, equipment and prepwork so normally the party would hand one of our captives to me, normally a lowly grunt, to have fun with whilst the ones who likely knew something were left to watch what would happen should they refuse to cooperate.

Female gangsters normally would be further up the food chain so more often then not the subject of her artistry was male.

As we were trying to avoid needless bloodshed on the most part, outside of playtime she was a medic, helping out her team, innocents caught in the cross-fire and enemy alike.
Once again, reguardless of gender.

Does your character have mercy on opponents, Veeky Forums?

youtube.com/watch?v=qH8sUpFVJkQ

underrated post

My characters opinion and that of the other players in the group is "Its your fault for being on the wrong side"
If an opponent is female or male doesn't matter the only thing that counts is that they're an opponent

What would happen if I took away your skulls? Would you explode?

Sometimes I have an opinion. Sometimes I don't. It depends.

Top kek.

i dont think surprise melta-bomb demolitions differentiate based on gender

Depends on context. They get a lot more leeway in social situations, or instances where conflict happens off the battlefield but if it's a life or death fight he's going to do whatever it takes to be the one walking away from it.

What do you mean "why does the tank need an ossuary"?!

Considering she is a female, probably not. Though she is pretty merciful in general.
That answer your question Death?