Okay, let's be real...

Okay, let's be real, how many people on Veeky Forums have zero fucking clue what they are doing and are just LARPing while moving a fraction of a bitcoin around? 80%? 90%

Who here has an actual background in economics and knows how markets work?

give me monie give me monie give me monie give me monie give me monie give me monie give me monie give me monie
BIG GREEN CANDEL

I played Morrowind with Mods!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

U fugghead

hehee wen muun wen lamboo?? gaaaaaaagguuuu MUUN

Jokes on you, I don't even own any crypto I just come here to shitpost.

The real question is:
Who here has any background in cryptography and computational sciences to know how the coins are different one form another?
Who here can tell which coin has future, instead of just flopping around because they feel one shitcoin or the other is going to moon?

My background is tech. I know enough about that side of things to feel comfortable with what I'm doing. As for the financial side, definitely not an expert. Paid no attn to that at school. In the last year I've tried to learn myself up as much as possible but so much that I've read negates other info.
I've only invested $5k so far, am sitting on $22k atm. I'm going on gut feeling mostly.

This really is the question to ask.

I am a Harvard professor in financial economics and have lost no money and made over 4000% gains with strategic investments. No larping. I just put EVERYTHING into the Omanilla ICO.

I literally just started bitcoin this morning.

Yep, I have no fucking clue about the tech behind this, or tech in general really. Just going with it for now

I own a fraction of a bitcoin cause I mined litecoins in 2013 kek

Jokes on you. You shitpost on /biz while everyone else is making money

i dotn need a degree i can look at graphs and numbers, i move fractions of btc and make them full and back to fractions again

I have no idea what I am doing. I am only playing with like $200 worth of coins at a time, so it doesn't really matter if I make some dipshitty moves or not.

If people are doing this with thousands of dollars then yeah they're morons. I won't try to pick up on pumping shitcoins with actual money.

I can agree understanding the programming behind is useful. That being said, if you have analytical abilities and an understanding how how something would work and be implemented, then you don't really need cryptography and computational sciences. I've been taking pointers from my neet friend and gone from 30k to 75k in about 1.5 months.

Though, if you argue I'd gone from 30k to 100k listening to someone with a background in cryptography and computational sciences, sure. That being said, the investments I've made still wont really rise (or break) for a few weeks or months yet

I know how the economics and the tech works. It's not difficult.

I have over 40 million gold in WoW, so I know a thing or two about worthless virtual coins.

Im moving around tens of thousands

Jokes on you, ive been transfering my btc to the wrong exchanges

The tech is pretty much all you need if you're a bear

ahahaha yeah your silly litlle fiat economy based degree really helps you out huh

implying your jewish tricks work in this market

I have no idea how any of this shit works and Im up 60k on BTC

Yeah that's how I feel too. Can get overloaded in too much of the financial side and its a waste of time. Lost count of how many times ive read about tulip bubbles anyway. being comfortable in programming I'm cool with what I'm trading.

Who has any interest in helping you in any way ?

Think about that 22 year old.

HODL

Accounting here. I have some knowledge but I learned much more after I got into this game

This. I'm ignorant as fuck, and I only feel comfortable throwing chump change at crypto. This is all just for fun.

I have no idea what im doing but im up 800% in 3 months so I consider myself a professional economic investing crypto phenomenon

op, very few economists have any idea about how real markets behave or function. Economists and econometrists believed in the fucking EMH up until the late 70s ffs until behavioral finance showed up and came up with "anomalies", meanwhile real traders were making money and laughing about "efficient markets"

>average Veeky Forums poster

>Projecting this hard

Background in computer science and finance at university level. Made about 7x returns since June. Can confirm, market is irrational and bubbly as fugggg

>desu senpai I did well on alts for a while
>Pure luck
>Got lazy
>Would have been better now to have left my money in Bitcoin.
>Went from 0.2 btc to 0.16

you wouldn't believe my background if i told you.
i'm here for the tears once the real hedgies start manipulating you like hand puppets. you guys have no idea how weak and vulnerable your market is. it's baseball cards and beanie babies.
people are salivating. trading floors full of sharks with boners. comparing this to tulip mania is insulting to the dutch.
your exchanges will crash so book your profits before the stampede. if i'm wrong then you can always buy back in....
brb, going long on helium tank and ropes

Dude, I believe in the 911 hoax, but that is brainlet. The front of the plane is a strong fiberglass material so it doesnt interfere with the radar. The rest of the plane is made of almost the same thing as space shuttles, which go into space and shit.

If the nosecone of the plane was aluminum as well, the birds would probably disintegrate on impact.

>Who here has an actual background in economics and knows how markets work?
I have a masters degree in econometrics and I do know how markets work but I'm definitely larping while moving around a fraction of a bitcoin.

"ecocomics" in academia is completely different thing than trading and such. there is no school teaching trading really. it's self taught area that is one reason hedge funds are best paying employers in the world. and traders are paid by their performance solely, if you suck your career is quickly done.

then there is "finance" which students learn to be a corporate drones, it's corporate finance, not trading.